This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy quote I can't place.

Someone used this quote "I didn't jump! I took a little step, and there conclusions were." It shames me to admit this but I can't place who said this (although I think it's Buffy) and I can't remember what episode! Help me?!? Thanks!
    Just one rule... I don't want to date a twin... I've been traded before.

It isn't from the shows, that's for sure. It looks like it originates from a poster named "Sez" on a Google search and then somebody falsely attributed it to Buffy.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
    "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Wrong. It's from Season 2, "Phases". They're discussing werewolves:

Xander: Quite the party animal.
      Giles: Quite. And it, uh, acts on-on pure instinct. No conscience, uh,
      uh, predatory and, and aggressive.
      Buffy: In other words, your typical male.
      Xander: On behalf of my gender, hey.
      Giles: Yes, let's not jump to any conclusions.
      Buffy: I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
      "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange..." - Willow Rosenberg, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Comment

Ah, see I Googled the "little step" version, which obviously wouldn't bring up the transcript, but it did bring up a few other people who have used that version of the quote.

That quote is almost in the show with a slight change of a word.

Google failed me.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
        "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

I Googled on "and there conclusions were". 'Cause... I remembered it was definitely in one episode, but could not for the life of me remember which one. Time for another Buffy Marathon!
          "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange..." - Willow Rosenberg, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Comment

Yeah, I definitely know that was from an ep. Sounded so familiar!!

Anyway, you got your answer so I'm going to close up the thread. We do have a random questions thread in Jossverse general discussions where these kind of questions come up and are answered.
            sigpic
            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Working...
            X