This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normally I don't do this, but ah...

I noticed that there's a few too many people here that don't seem to be keeping up with Season Eight. So, for all those people who have NOT been keeping score...

You: 0

Everyone Who is Awesome: 6

You can improve your score by reading the following:

Fray --

"Hundreds of years in the future, Manhattan has become a deadly slum, run by mutant crime-lords and disinterested cops. Stuck in the middle is a young girl who thought she had no future, but learns she has a great destiny. In a world so poisoned that it doesn't notice the monsters on its streets, how can a street kid like Fray unite a fallen city against a demonic plot to consume mankind? Joss Whedon, the celebrated creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, brings his vision to the future in this unique tale. As inventive in the comics medium as in that of television of film, Whedon spins a complex tale of a skilled thief coming of age without the help of friends or family, guided only by a demonic Watcher."

THEN you can move onto Season Eight:

"The Long Way Home" -- "Since the destruction of the Hellmouth, the Slayers - newly legion - have gotten organized and are kicking some serious undead butt. But not everything's fun and firearms, as an old enemy reappears and Dawn experiences some serious growing pains. Meanwhile, one of the "Buffy" decoy slayers is going through major pain of her own. Buffy creator Joss Whedon brings Buffy back to Dark Horse in this direct follow-up to season seven of the smash-hit TV series."

"No Future For You" -- "When a rogue debutant Slayer begins to use her power for evil, Giles is forced to recruit the rebellious Faith, who isn't exactly known for her good deeds. Giles offers Faith a clean slate if she can stop this snooty Slayer from wreaking total havoc - that is, if Buffy doesn't beat her to it."

"Wolves at the Gate" -- "Vampires that, at will, can transform into wolves, panthers, insects, or fog invade the Slayer base of operations in northern Scotland, and not only walk away unscathed, but in possession of Buffy's scythe, the symbol of Slayer power worldwide. Buffy and the Slayer-legion travel to Tokyo in order to learn more about their dangerous new foes, as Xander journeys to Transylvania to solicit the only person they've ever known to possess such power - Dracula!"

"Time of Your Life" -- The current story-arc brings back futuristic slayer, Melaka Fray to battle Buffy; and one of the original scoobies meets their end.

You might also want to check out Angel: After the Fall -- "In Angel's final television season, his world ended... but his story didn't. Picking up where Season Five of the fan-favorite TV show left off, this first collection looks at who lived and died after the climactic battle. Why did the team go their separate ways? How did Connor rise up to become one of Hell's greatest champions. Find of what really happened on the night L.A. went straight to hell."

Okay -- phew! Now...if you ain't got some, GET SOME!

Is this advertising?

Comment

Some people just don't like comic books and graphic novels. Just because they enjoyed both series doesn't mean they have to follow them over into comics. It's a different form of storytelling that just doesn't appeal to some.

Others still, like me, just don't enjoy discussing them. I read them and then I am done.

Comics books just aren't for everyone. Hell, I don't even really like comics but I have been reading the Buffy and Angel ones....even if I a couple issues behind now. oops.
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I agree with Jenni Lou! *high five* even though I love comics, the Buffy comics just arn't Buffy... Plus the comics have just gone down hill since issue one. I will say this over and over: Joss Whedon NEEDS A BUDGET, or he just takes things too far.

I am also behind, the last issue I read Buffy slept with Satsu. And the Angel comics are really a huge joke.

Comment

That high-five was totally gay, BUT I agree on the budget thing, as it had, I think, really became apparent in Angel. I had some major difficulties with After the Fall -- OH THERE WERE TROUBLES HAD!! What with the inferno that was California and dragons and large...spewy things...

I'm surpised, though, that anyone would be interested in discussing the TV series but then not interested in discussing the comic storyline as it continues. I can't help but think there's still a bit of negative stigma that comic books have to rally against. I mean, honestly, it wasn't but less than 10 years ago when comic books finally became marginally mainstreamed via Kevin Smith. Before that people who read comic books were still to be stoned and/or not dated with.

I think the writing in Season Eight has not dipped from early seasons at all. When you read each of these arcs they really operate effectively and organically both in plot and characterization. If these were episodes and on the television right now, I think there would be a resounding notion of, "This is the best season of Buffy EVER!" Spuffy devotees notwithstanding.

Comment

Chamber005, there is an entire section devoted to season eight. Maybe chat with people in that section if you want to discuss the comics- not everybody is ever going to like the same thing, and just picspamming everyone when they do click into this thread isn't really going to win people over.

Comment

I completely agree that while it is up to the fan as to what they read it holds the same legitimacy as the TV show. I think that both Season One and Seven of Buffy are inferior to Season Eight and After The Fall is absolutely essential to understanding the verse. The writing is as good as always and most importantly it's all under Joss' belt. Which is all I need. So I can appreciate anyone who doesn't like the comics, but I honestly believe that there is no difference between not reading the comics and just dropping out midway through a season disowning the show.

Comment

I dont have a huge drive to read the comics, and i love reading! The comics just arent my cup of tea, as well.
                Chamber005, there is an entire section devoted to season eight. Maybe chat with people in that section if you want to discuss the comics- not everybody is ever going to like the same thing, and just picspamming everyone when they do click into this thread isn't really going to win people over.
                Exactly, that is where you should look for discussing the comics, because i can't say im competely won over on the whole comic idea after reading this thread, sorry.

*High fives DigitalLeonardo and Jenni lou even if it is gay*
                Last edited by Theresa Marie86; 22-11-08, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
                  Exactly! I really do not see the point of this thread when we have an entire section devoted to the comics. I'm gonna close this thread now.

And Chamber005, insulting other forum members may not be such a good way to introduce yourself to a new forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X