Best Bad Guy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Bad Guy!

Okay I didn't see this anywhere, so if I duplicated it, spare my life please. Through out Buffy we see uncountable bad guys and big evils. Adam, The Trio, Drusilla and Spike. So what I want to know is who is your ultimate bad guy? Who do you think should be crowned number one for being the best bad guy in the world of Buffy.
    Though I hated them, The Trio wins my vote for best bad guy. They annoyed me to the point of wanting to mute them, but they plagued Buffy all season using some of the dorkiest and unique methods ever. At times they turned her life upside down and even managed to actually do her major harm. Warren shot her with a gun. Of all the things that could kill Buffy...demons, swords, Gods...a normal human almost kills her with a little bitty bullet. They were geeks, just mere humans but they managed to almost kill the slayer. That makes them the best bad guy.

The best bad guys were probably Spike and Angel but the worst bad guys was the Trio who were pathetic buffy bad guys and also those Uber Vampires in season 7.

Comment

Angelus gets my vote. He caused so much trouble for the Scoobies, exspecially Buffy. He did what would hurt people the most just for the point of it. He was called the scourge of Europe, with good reason. Angelus was the one that hurt Buffy the most IMO. Other vampires were afarid of him/Angel just because of his rep as Angelus.
      Avie by Lrae12

Comment

Originally posted by Sassy View Post
        Angelus gets my vote. He caused so much trouble for the Scoobies, exspecially Buffy. He did what would hurt people the most just for the point of it. He was called the scourge of Europe, with good reason. Angelus was the one that hurt Buffy the most IMO. Other vampires were afarid of him/Angel just because of his rep as Angelus.
        I loved Angelus, he far and away was the one villain who knew how to play both the psychological AND physical game. His sadistic streak put every other villain on the show to shame, and he did it with a song in his heart. As the dark mirror of Angel he worked especially well.

His best moment, was also the best show of villainy in all of Buffy. The death of Jenny Calendar was brutal, and the way he made it a showpiece is what made me a Buffy fan for life. Yes, other character deaths on Buffy were brutal and unfair, but his sick artistry let the gang know that he was playing for keeps.

Comment

In my opinion, the best bad guy has got to be Faith. I loved how they explored the idea of a slayer gone bad and boy was she bad. I HATED her, haha. I also think The Trio were the worst bad guys although they did do a lot of damage.
          "Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."
          - Spike
          http://world3.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=383001568

Comment

I think Angelus was the best bad guy out of all the Big Bads in season seasons of the show. He was so brutally evil it was amazing to watch although I liked others like Glory and the Mayor. I also really enjoyed the Angelus/Spike/Dru dynamics in s2.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I'd say the Mayor is the best villain. Most layered, most compelling. Had, to me, the best villain moment in the whole series when he casually strolls into the library.

Glory is #2 through her sheer relentlessness. I think some people are overly harsh of Glory, but I think it was great that they came up with a villain that had such a (relatively) benign goal, and represented such a huge challenge.

After that, Angelus.
              sigpic
              Banner by LRae12

Comment

When I first joined this site most members seemed to love Glory but I agree that over recent times people seem to have become very harsh towards her character. I loved how dominant she was over Buffy, it made for very exciting scenes.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Angelus is the BEST BAD GUY EVER he was brutel,vicious & enjoy hurting Buffy & her friends.It was so much fun seeing him minpulate everyone around him.He was smart & so dangrous & made sure everyone noticed him.
                  You Are The Only One
                  Who Ever Touched My Heart
                  It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Comment

Because, when it gets down to it, I dont care about the actual characters as long as they're funny, (shameful but true) for me its a draw between The Mayor and the Trio.

The Mayor just made me smile everytime he was on screen. How many villians really do that? (Okay, Spike did it too for me, but in a more '...look at the pretty...' way)
                    And the Trio... I dont really think they count as villians, except Warren, but they were just so great. I watch movies like Star Wars and James Bond now, and just burst out laughing at something they said that i remember.

So... theres my two cents.
                    My LiveJournal: The reason I have so few posts here.

Comment

1. The Trio - showed how vulnerable the Scoobs really were in s6, getting used to adulthood. And what better way to show that than villains who acted like children but were still able to hurt our heroes? Plus, they had the best comedy moments - who could ever forget the Bond conversation: "Timothy Dalton should get an Oscar and beat Sean Connery over the HEAD WITH IT!" and "check check, check check, check, check check, check check, check, check..."

2. Glory - Menacing, represented someone who was really disgusted with humanity, and made Buffy realize the humanity in herself. She wasn't the best herself - except for the lame toadies - but I loved what she did to the Scoobies. It seemed like she represented Buffy's dark, superiority-complex, loner, no-love side, which she had to overcome.

3. Angelus - he managed to hurt Buffy a lot, and no one really expected him to go evil. He had a great dynamic with Spike and Dru, and who could forget "roller boy"? Like an obsessed serial killer he managed to do the things that really got to Buffy. Twisted minds and psychological torture are great things when it comes to villains.

4. The Mayor - I love the corrupt government theme. He was cruel in his own fatherly, bore-you-to-death-with-formalities way.

Note I have seen CWDP but not much else of the First, I'm sure he'd be in the top three or four by the end of s7.
                      Buffy: It sounds like it's difficult for you. Maybe your sister makes it hard for you to establish your own identity. You said she's controlling, she doesn't let you make your own decisions -
                      Dawn: Yeah, and she borrows my clothes without asking.

Comment

I'd have to say the duo of Spike/Drusilla in S2 were my favorites. They were so interesting and quirky and made you just fall in love with them.

My next fave would probably be The Mayor. Again, the quirkiness...I guess I have a thing for that...LOL.

The worst, I would say, was the First. I just didn't care for the story arc in S7, so that's probably the deciding factor there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice to see some Mayor love in here. He's my second favorite, just because I think that he wasn't as one track as most Buffy villains. The whole relationship between him and Faith was do very damn twisted, and oddly touching.

Glory was cool, though I think she suffered a bit from overexposure. It was interesting seeing someone who could pound Buffy into the ground without thinking.

As for the trio, they were fun, and I would definitely consider both Andrew and Warren villains. People tend to forget Andrew smiling with glee at getting away with murder, and the whole "Kill Her!" part of Seeing Red.

Comment

I'll go with Spike. I think he's the bad guy with the most interesting evolution. No other character is as complex as him, IMO. Then comes Angelus. Glory and the Trio are the funniest, IMO, though Warren and his two followers bugged me more and more as the season progressed. As for Adam and The First, I honestly just find them boring. Which, in Adam's case, is somewhat weird since I like Season 4 a lot. I would have probably liked more Maggie Walsh not being killed off and be the true bad guy until the end.

Comment

I personally found the Trio way to irritating. They started out Ok but as the season progressed they got more and more annoying and it was hard to believe that they could be Buffy's main foe for that season especially after Glory who was a very powerful character compared to the trio who were just annoying.

Comment

I think we're all forgeting one villain here. DARK WILLOW! Come on, she was one of the best. To go from being small, innocent Willow to I'm gonna destroy the world, was great. I also liked Glory. She made me laugh a lot. It was always about her and no one else. I got to say The First was very lame. Season 7 started off great with the end of the 1st episode where all of the old villains came back and morphed into one another. I thought it would have been great only to find out The First can't actually do anything besides haunt you. OOHHHH! Scary. The scariest thing about season 7 were the potentials!
                                T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

I liked the First and Caleb - mostly because I love Nathan Fillion - but I loved the whole concept of an Evil that had always "been".

Worst - no doubt the Troiken. In Buffy Season 6 - it was so dark and disturbing(-ly wonderful) you didn't need a real Big Bad. Real Life for the Scoobs was Big and Bad enough.
                                  -TP<3
                                  "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                                  - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Listing from best to worst.

1. Without a doubt, my girl, Glory! She had the best attitude, personality, fighting style, and...looks She brought Buffy to her knees, made her run out of town! She's a god! She was amazing! I love everything about her! She is amazing!

2. My second fav is hard to choose, seeing as, for me, The Mayor/Faith and Angelus, Dru, and Spike are so close! I chose Angelus, Dru, and Spike! I loved the whole villain love between Dru and Spike. I love how they are just so loyal to each other! And Dru is just so insane! Ya gotta love that! Angelus and Buffy have this amazing chemistry! I should've said David and Sarah, but whatever Angelus is just so evil and made Buffy so helpless, just like Glory did, only in a different way.

3. The Mayor and Faith are my number three choice! Faith is just the opposite of Buffy and shows what she almost became but didn't! I also love The Mayor's attitude and seeing it go against Faith's rough attitude. They also have this amazing chemistry and an awesome Father/Daughter theme! It was awesome!

4. I'd have to say The Trio/Dark Willow in Season 6. Dark Willow shows a character we love gone bad, just like Angelus. The Trio is humerous but does a lot of damage by killing Tara and setting off Willow Willow is just a horrible big bad for the characters because it is so tough for them. These are good characters, but not great.

5. I'd say Adam, I know! Shoot me! Adam is a good character, imo. I thought it was a very good idea to have the Initiative corrupted from the inside! I love "Primeval" and his plan was sick but also brilliant. His character did get superbly annoying but I still like him because of his plan and him in "Primeval".

6. The Master is sixth because he is fun but SO cheesy! SO cheesy! He has some good lines but look at his face! Fruit punch! I hated what he did and he produced some pretty (I repeat) cheesy lines. It was annoying.

7. And last and least, () The First/Caleb. I really liked Caleb actually but here comes The First bringing him WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY down The First. is. lame. He sucks! His plan was idiotic! I mean, what was his plan!? Oh yeah, it's "Chosen", so we'll find out. Oh, and "Chosen" SUCKED, but that's a different story He can't touch people! What is he doing? Taunting them? That's ridiculous! Caleb was awesome and the way he talked and the way he fought Buffy, "End Of Days" especially, was brilliant. But, when he's paired with someone like The First, you can't win

Comment

The best plan for a villian for me is the First. I've loved the idea of doppelgangers ever since I first learned about demonology. The actual essense of evil in the form of a doppelganger, that's 10 times even cooler.

However, the First was not very planned out. So in this case I'd say that Angelus would be the best Big Bad. He was utterly absolute evil.. sometimes more evil then the actual First Evil. His smirk in the ending of "Passion" makes me realize how much he truly appreciated and loved torture.

I'd say Glory was one of the worst big bads simply because she just wasn't all that interesting. I don't feel like watching my sister play the evil villian of a show for 22 episodes. The idea of her being a God was pretty cool, but it was never fully explained enough or expressed enough.

I loved the Trio as villians simply because they were hilarious.. mostly Andrew. Warren actually turned out to be a great big bad as well.. and this is even further evidence in season eight.

Adam was a really cool character as well.. just not enough information for him. He wanted to create the perfect race of demonoids.. why exactly? Because he was programmed to? Lame.

As for the Mayor, He'd closely remain in 3rd. No one can resist Harry Groener's charm.

I am really surprised the Master hasn't gotten a single mention. Yes season 1 will always be campy and short.. but the Master was a really funny and cool villian. A super/old vampire who has the ability to cause an apocalypse.. besides.. it put the vampire in Buffy the Vampire Slayer in the first place.

List: Best to Worst

1. Angelus
                                      2. The First
                                      3. The Mayor
                                      4. The Master
                                      5. The Trio
                                      6. Adam
                                      7.Glory

I think we're all forgeting one villain here. DARK WILLOW! Come on, she was one of the best. To go from being small, innocent Willow to I'm gonna destroy the world, was great. I also liked Glory. She made me laugh a lot. It was always about her and no one else. I got to say The First was very lame. Season 7 started off great with the end of the 1st episode where all of the old villains came back and morphed into one another. I thought it would have been great only to find out The First can't actually do anything besides haunt you. OOHHHH! Scary. The scariest thing about season 7 were the potentials!
                                      If we are assuming Big Bads, then Willow cannot be a part of this category. As hard as people want to accept it, the big bad of season six was the Trio. Season six was very much like season four in that its finale didn't revolve around its centered plot line much at all. Just because Willow had turned evil doesn't make her the big bad. The big bads are the villians that existed throughout each season. The Big Bads are the villians that the First takes in guise of during the climax of "Lessons." Willow could very much be considered at one point a BtVSl bad guy though.
                                      Last edited by Nostalgia; 28-06-07, 09:58 AM.
                                      sigpic

-Sig by BlasterBoy-

Comment

If we are assuming Big Bads, then Willow cannot be a part of this category. As hard as people want to accept it, the big bad of season six was the Trio. Season six was very much like season four in that its finale didn't revolve around its centered plot line much at all. Just because Willow had turned evil doesn't make her the big bad. The big bads are the villians that existed throughout each season. The Big Bads are the villians that the First takes in guise of during the climax of "Lessons." Willow could very much be considered at one point a BtVSl bad guy though.
                                        We're not talking about the Big Bads, we're talking about Bad Guys in general. Spike and Dru weren't big bads in any season but they were still bad guys. That's why they were mentioned here on this thread. I liked The Master too but it seemed like he didn't do much besides tell his minions to go and kill people for him.
                                        T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

Working...
                                        X