Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite Buffy episode that has a psychological thriller theme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favourite Buffy episode that has a psychological thriller theme?

Deleted.

Mod please delete, thanks.
    Last edited by Ethanescence; 13-07-14, 04:59 AM.

I'm not sure if I get your question right, but is Passion an option? It's Angelus on his best. (I think that Ats episode 'Soulless' works maybe even better.)

And maybe 'Conversations with Dead People'?

If Ats episodes are alright as well;

'The Magic Bullet', 'Billy' & 'Soul Purpose'.

Comment

Does "Dead Things" count? I actually think it deals with consequences, and crime and it deals alot with how we deal with something that we think we did.

Comment

Fear, Itself? It is, after all, based around the character's fears manifesting, which is psychological.
        sigpic

Comment

And there is 'Nightmares', which is also psychological. It even has a scary clown. And 'Amends' also has some scary psychological moments.

Comment

I'm also confused as to the criteria here.

"Normal Again" and "Earshot" would count based on the other choices we've seen.

But, in my opinion, two of the only episodes that play like (and share qualities of) a general psychological thriller are "Passions" and "Helpless."
            You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

Deleted.

Mod please delete, thanks.
              Last edited by Ethanescence; 13-07-14, 04:59 AM.

Comment

The first ep that springs to my mind is 'I Only Have Eyes for You'. It might not be the fastest paced but it has plenty of mental anguish and psycholgical trauma, lots of suspense and a nice switcheroo at the end.
                JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
                Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

Normal again would be the only one that keeps popping out in my mind.

Comment

"Family" is what hit me first. Mostly for Tara it is a psychological thriller with her family and the fear that she will become a demon. Plus the whole monster attack that no one can see and the fear of that.

But I just love that episode

Comment

Restless. When I saw it before the other seasons I was so lost in that episode. And the shot where Xander crawls through the truck back into the basement and so forth in one shot, blew my mind. Especially since I have dreams much like the ones the characters had.

Comment

Originally posted by ZombieRobot View Post
                        Restless. When I saw it before the other seasons I was so lost in that episode. And the shot where Xander crawls through the truck back into the basement and so forth in one shot, blew my mind. Especially since I have dreams much like the ones the characters had.
                        that is in my top five favs.

My pick for the current topic would be hush. not being able to scream when your heart is being cut out man that is some scary stuff.
                        ===Quote of the day===
                        "To read makes our speaking English good"

Xander

Comment

Working...
                        X