X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode "The Body" - the sculpture?

Deleted.

Mod please delete, thanks.
    Last edited by Ethanescence; 13-07-14, 05:00 AM.

I?m not sure, but I think it was a negative space, a void she was drawing. But if you listen to the commentary, Joss explains it.

She was drawing maybe the space around the drawing, it can make sense if you see the episode. Joyce dies, there is a body and all we see are different reactions to it, to the void.

Comment

I'm fairly certain that the sculpture used was just generic, I don't think it was any specificly famous piece of artwork, can you imagine them budgeting something famous for such a small part in the show?

If they were going to focus on a specific, famous piece of art I think it would focus more in the episode, kind of like that episode of the OC and the crystal egg from Risky Business, although that obviously wasn't actually artwork.

If I had to say I'd guess it was just based upon most of the famous sculptures, Michaelangelo's David, etc.
      sigpic

Comment

that was such a sad episode
        I LOVE SETH GREEN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Christine2008 View Post
          that was such a sad episode
          to say the least.

IT was powerfull to see buffy turn in to a helpless little girl who just wanted her mom back.

And just the shear genius of the episode. One detail that still stands out is the paramedic being shot with only half a face. I just related to that.

the Sculpture looked like many others I have seen I think it was a generic 70's Greek themed statue
          ===Quote of the day===
          "To read makes our speaking English good"

Xander

Comment

Originally posted by buffyholic View Post
            She was drawing maybe the space around the drawing, it can make sense if you see the episode. Joyce dies, there is a body and all we see are different reactions to it, to the void.
            I agree. It's a kind of foreshadowing of what Dawn is going to learn very soon after this scene.
            Sin is what I feast upon
            I'm forging my crematorium
            Your tomb is waiting here for you
            Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Working...
            X