Who should play Oliver Pike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should play Oliver Pike?

Pike was Buffy's first love interest, according to the comics that explain her backstory. Played by Luke Perry in the movie, he has never been adapted to the small-screen.

Nowadays, if Buffy chronology is to be followed, he would be in his mid-to-late twenties. So, if Pike were to appear on-screen today, who should play him?

I thought Jensen Ackles, but that's too obvious. Any other ideas?

I think Jensen’s a good choice, though perhaps too hot? He’s not someone she was immediately attracted to, so maybe he should be a bit more homely (the Hollywood scale of homely anyway).

It needs someone who’s a little bit bad but also a little bit pathetic (in the Doyle way). Maybe whatsisface from Heroes? The one who plays Peter Petrelli?

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Luke Perry is slightly younger than James Marsters.

If Pike had ever made an appearance again, it should have been Luke Perry.

The majority of the comics that featured Pike used Luke Perry's appearance. The only one that didn't had him with gray hair and also featured green vampires.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
      "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

I agree, Luke Perry is Pike.

But if he had to be recast, I would like to see Jason Dohring. He isn't very hot, but after Logan I can't doubt his talent to play the sweet bad boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
          I agree, Luke Perry is Pike.

But if he had to be recast, I would like to see Jason Dohring. He isn't very hot, but after Logan I can't doubt his talent to play the sweet bad boy.
          Yes, I think that's a really good choice, definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by NileQT87 View Post
            The majority of the comics that featured Pike used Luke Perry's appearance. The only one that didn't had him with gray hair and also featured green vampires.
            There were only two comics that featured Pike, weren't there? The Origin and Viva Las Buffy... but I agree he did have grey hair.

If he were adapted to the small screen I'd have to go with some people that everyone has said, Jensen Ackles would be a good choice, but I think he would've been too hot to play the role and so I agree with Wolfie Gilmore, Milo Ventimiglia would probably make a good Pike too.

On the Supernatural road (and Gilmore Girls) maybe Jensen Padalacki? He's somewhat homely and so might not instantly be seen as attractive.
            sigpic

Comment

It seems there are some really good options. Makes me wish they'd brought him on board at some point. If only to be killed off. They could've made it really poignant, Buffy bonding with someone from her past (who's NOT evil, unlike the one in Lie to Me) over half a season, only to lose him.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
                It seems there are some really good options. Makes me wish they'd brought him on board at some point. If only to be killed off. They could've made it really poignant, Buffy bonding with someone from her past (who's NOT evil, unlike the one in Lie to Me) over half a season, only to lose him.
                Agree, completely, I think the episode "Lie To Me" was kind of pointless and honestly thought it would've been a brilliant place to bring Pike into the show, especially as that was when Buffy was growing closer to Angel at the time, it would've been a whole lot more interesting and would've been good to replace the "I'm dying so vamp me, already" story we got instead.
                sigpic

Comment

Maybe they can re-use Luke Perry, I actually think he did a good job in the movie. So, Luke or maybe Jason Dohring, "Logan", like someone else was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Agree, completely, I think the episode "Lie To Me" was kind of pointless and honestly thought it would've been a brilliant place to bring Pike into the show, especially as that was when Buffy was growing closer to Angel at the time, it would've been a whole lot more interesting and would've been good to replace the "I'm dying so vamp me, already" story we got instead.
                    I've always got the nagging feeling Pike inspired the character of Ford. I can't shake it really, I don't know why. But yeah I agree, it'd have been better to have it be Pike instead, though I didn't mind Ford I thought the episode was very well done.

As to who should play him? Really not sure, I like the Milo suggestion he looks very Pike-ish.

Heh, maybe Pike is Twilight.. ya never know!

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                      Heh, maybe Pike is Twilight.. ya never know!
                      Would they actually do that though? After not mentioning him on the actual show once?

Actually, Joss probably would.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's doubtful. If Twilight turns out to be the betrayer than it's "the closest, the most unexpected" and I don't think Pike qualifies.

Not that the betrayer and Twilight have to be the same person or anything, but yeah, still doubtful in my honest opinion.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Working...
                        X