Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Season of BtVS depending of witch Jossverse show you like the best!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Season of BtVS depending of witch Jossverse show you like the best!

A lot of polls have already been done about Favorite Season and with various results but I wondered something...

A poll was made a few months ago about either you prefer BtVS or AtS and there was almost as much BtVS fans as AtS fans which really surprised me cause I always thought BtVS was more popular and this is actually BuffyForums () so I wondered if that could give a unique direction to the Favorite Season polls. For instance, maybe AtS fans tend to be Bangel shippers so maybe tend to prefer Bangel-centric as Season 2 and 3...or maybe I'm completely wrong about it
    But I thought it worthed a shot, so the question is according to your favorite show (BtVS or AtS) what's your favorite Season of Buffy?
    Season 1 and I prefer BtVS
    1.52%
    Season 2 and I prefer BtVS
    18.18%
    Season 3 and I prefer BtVS
    16.67%
    Season 4 and I prefer BtVS
    6.06%
    Season 5 and I prefer BtVS
    18.18%
    Season 6 and I prefer BtVS
    12.12%
    Season 7 and I prefer BtVS
    4.55%
    Season 1 but I prefer AtS
    0.00%
    Season 2 but I prefer AtS
    6.06%
    Season 3 but I prefer AtS
    7.58%
    Season 4 but I prefer AtS
    0.00%
    Season 5 but I prefer AtS
    3.03%
    Season 6 but I prefer AtS
    6.06%
    Season 7 but I prefer AtS
    0.00%
    Pandora's_Box
    The Doctor
    Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 12-10-08, 02:45 AM.
    sigpic

Season 5 and I prefer Buffy. Only Angel season I felt measured up to Buffy was Season 5 (would have been Season 2, too, if not for the Pylea arc).

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Ats is a better show IMO. No really bad episodes, better choreographed fight scenes. And better season plots.

But I like Btvs more for it's characters. My favorite season overall is season 6. Great Eps Character development. And it has OMWF. What's not to like
      "I never learned from a man who agreed with me.'" Robert Heinlen

Comment

Season 2 and I prefer Angel. Although I do prefer Bangel as a relationship to the other(s) Buffy had, I don't think that has much to do with my preference for Ats. I enjoy the characters more, I think the fights are better done, and it has Wolfram and Hart - best baddies in the whole damn 'verse. But if I were to choose a favorite season in all of the Buffyverse, BtvS season 2 would be high on the list, maybe even #1. I love the epic-ness and the gothic atmosphere and yes, the relationship drama (when it wasn't played too cheesy).
        ShinyFirefly
        Hellmouth Tourist
        Last edited by ShinyFirefly; 12-10-08, 10:18 AM.
        No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Comment

I voted wrong *idiot*

I wanted to vote 'season 2 and I prefer Ats', but I did vote 'season 2 and I prefer BtVS'. I agree with everything ShinyFirefly said ...

Comment

Season 3 of Buffy is my favourite season, but I prefer ATS overall.

Comment

Season Five was my favorite season and I prefer BtVS. I never really LOVED Angel and didn't actually start watching until Willow appeared in "Orpheus"... I didn't even know the series excisted until Buffy season 7... But I kinda blame Canadian broadcasting for that one, and my lack of going on the internet...

I think Angel is a good show, but I was never in love with the characters. It did feel alot more grown up and I guess some people will like that more, I just felt it was too over the place. I did love the "Darla" arc in season 2 and 3, and the Pylea arc was also pretty coo. Then season 5 hit the airwaves and the show just went to the bottom of my list...

Buffy on the other hand was very consistant and we got some pretty interesting storylines, plus it was alot easier to relate too cause it was alot more human in nature, where Angel felt more like an action show with characters, Buffy was a character show with action.

Comment

I prefer BtVS and my favorite season is Season 2. I was never anywhere obsessed with the spinoff the way I was with the original show. I found Angel to be have it's brilliant points, and I thought that the late Season 5 arc leading up to the finale was just fabulous. But for me the series was too depressing too often, e.g. the Angel-Connor-Holtz arc. Still I do understand why some fans prefer Angel.

I will always be impressed with the way that Buffy remade itself from its original setting of Sunnydale High School and teen angst and kept going for seven seasons. The characters couldn't stay in high school forever. But Season 2 remains my favorite, its warts (monster of the week phase and whatever) notwithstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
                  Season Five was my favorite season and I prefer BtVS. I never really LOVED Angel and didn't actually start watching until Willow appeared in "Orpheus"... I didn't even know the series excisted until Buffy season 7... But I kinda blame Canadian broadcasting for that one, and my lack of going on the internet...

I think Angel is a good show, but I was never in love with the characters. It did feel alot more grown up and I guess some people will like that more, I just felt it was too over the place. I did love the "Darla" arc in season 2 and 3, and the Pylea arc was also pretty coo. Then season 5 hit the airwaves and the show just went to the bottom of my list...

Buffy on the other hand was very consistant and we got some pretty interesting storylines, plus it was alot easier to relate too cause it was alot more human in nature, where Angel felt more like an action show with characters, Buffy was a character show with action.
                  I agree with you, especially about the last part. But I never felt Angel was really more of a grown-up show than Buffy, actually I feel quite the opposite.
                  Angel has grown-up characters and Buffy has grown-up themes which makes it more "grown-up" to me. Depression, rape, wicked love, sacrifice, lust, suicidal thoughts, you find that on BtVS. And even similar themes are, imo, dealt with more maturity on BtVS than AtS, like dark self for instance. With Angel, it lasts something like 5 episodes and he gets over it by having an epiphany, just poof!! On the other hand, Buffy is feeling that way during an entire Season and get over it progressively. Ships also are more deep and "grown-upy" on BtVS when Angel has Angel/Nina, Fred/Gunn, Cordy/Groo even Fred/Wesley which all feel somehow naive...Exception being Angel/Darla and more importantly Wes/Lilah. Angel gives too much part on demons, visions, magic, prophecies when Buffy gives more space to human interactions.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've always been torn between seasons 2 and 6 of Buffy. I can never decide which one I prefer more. Season 2 had the introduction of Spike and Dru, it had Angel reverting back to his old self, and it had tons of great episodes (Passions being a fine example of this). On the other hand, though, season 6 was so much darker than the other Buffy seasons, it had Dark Willow, the Trio, Buffy's cute little haircut (I had to throw that into the discussion somewhere, lol) and it also had tons of fantastic episodes (like Once More With Feeling for example).

Out of the two Shows btvs wins hands down, in my opinion.

By the way, I know ats means Angel, but what does the ts part stand for?
                    We ride with death tonight

Comment

AtS = Angel the Series.

Comment

Originally posted by Enisy View Post
                        AtS = Angel the Series.
                        Aha, I really should have guessed that, shouldn't I? LOL. I kept thinking "It must mean Angel The Slayer" and then thinking "No. That's makes exactly NO sense."

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Enisy
                        We ride with death tonight

Comment

I voted for season three and I prefer Btvs.

I'm always torn between season two and three but three is just too darn perfect I really can barley fault a single thing about it. And I love Ats but I prefer Btvs. I like the characters a little more, like the season forumla a lot more (new big bad every season) and whilst Ats has better stunts ect, Btvs never had such a major goof as ending a brilliant season on something like the Pylean arc...

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

For me it's season 5 of Buffy no question, for me it was the perfect season. Although I adore Angel Buffy just had the edge for me somehow, although it's funny how these days I end up re-watching far more Angel episodes then I do Buffy ones.

Comment

Originally posted by sueworld View Post
                              For me it's season 5 of Buffy no question, for me it was the perfect season. Although I adore Angel Buffy just had the edge for me somehow, although it's funny how these days I end up re-watching far more Angel episodes then I do Buffy ones.
                              You know I actually do the same thing, but (I dunno about you) for me I have always watched Buffy and have owned the DVDs ever since they came out, so I've rewatched them SO many times and there are actually some episodes of Angel I have only seen once since I only got the DVDs last year.

Oh and season 5 high five!

Comment

I found this a hard one to pick. Deciding between Buffy and Angel wasn't a problem cause it's Buffy all the way but which season. IMO all season have something going for them.......well maybe not season 7 but you know what I mean. I even love Season 1, yeah some of the episode were a bit awful.....I Robot You Jane....but that's what I love about it.

I'm not saying I don't like AtS cause I do, there are some wonderful episodes in it.....I Will Remember You is one of my fave episodes ever but I find myself having a much more vested interest in the lifes of the characters in Buffy. I love how Buffy was more metaphorical than Angel and how Joss used the battles/traumas Buffy faced to illustrate things many of us face in life. For example sleeping with a guy and him changing into a "monster". For me BtVS had more character growth/progression. I mean we see Willow going from geeky, scared computer nerd to ass kicking lesbian witch bent on destroying the world If that's not character progression I don't know what is

Anyway I could go on....whaddya mean I have!.... but I'm gonna stick me neck out and say Season 2. Yes it's got some dodgy episodes but Surprise, Innocence, Passion and Becoming more than make up for it. But there again I like Season 3 as well and.......see what I mean,hard
                                sigpic

Comment

Season 5 and I prefer Buffy. Only Angel season I felt measured up to Buffy was Season 5 (would have been Season 2, too, if not for the Pylea arc).
                                  Aww, I LOVE Pylea. Without Pylea, my love of Angel would be greatly reduced. Maybe I'm a sucker for any Wizard of Oz reference, and anything involving Lorne and his love of LA/hatred of home/love of showtunes, but I just love the whole thing. Particularly the tone of voice in which Lorne says..."my MOTHER". But also Angel's geeky excitement about his reflection and upset about his hair.

But I agree with you on season 5 and BtVS. I love the way Buffy's character and slayerness are explored that season, and the tensions she feels between her duty as a human being and her duty as a saviour of the world. I love Glory and her minions (though my favourite Big Bad if taken out of context of the season is probably the Mayor, though I do love the nerds and their Dark Willow chaser too, so it's close). I love the way Joyce's death and its aftermath is handled. It's probably my favourite season for Spike's character, too, and I love the beginnings of Willow's dark witchy path.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Season 5 and I prefer BTVS. I don?t know why but I connect more with Buffy on an emotional level. I also love Angel, but I am truly and madly in love with Buffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
                                      Aww, I LOVE Pylea. Without Pylea, my love of Angel would be greatly reduced. Maybe I'm a sucker for any Wizard of Oz reference, and anything involving Lorne and his love of LA/hatred of home/love of showtunes, but I just love the whole thing. Particularly the tone of voice in which Lorne says..."my MOTHER". But also Angel's geeky excitement about his reflection and upset about his hair.
                                      I loved those elements of the Pylea arc, too, but I just didn't like the all-over-the-place feel of it. Vampmogs once compared it to Xena, and yeah, that seems to capture the crux of the problem for me.

Comment

I loved those elements of the Pylea arc, too, but I just didn't like the all-over-the-place feel of it. Vampmogs once compared it to Xena, and yeah, that seems to capture the crux of the problem for me.
                                        I know what you mean about the Xena-ness... but it feels tongue in cheek enough for that to seem charming rather than shonky when AtS does it. It's like a pantomime or something - the slightly amateurish feel is part of the charm.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Working...
                                        X