Potential Big Bads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Big Bads

This is something that I've had in my head for ages. Which villain do you think would have made the best big bad? They can be anyone from someone who appeared in a few episodes to someone who appeared once. Anyone but the already existing big bads.

Dracula and Ethan Rayne immediately spring to mind also the First Slayer would have been interesting.

I've always enjoyed the Ethan Rayne episodes (they were too few in my opinion), but I don't think he would ever have worked as a Big Bad. Basically he was just too damn clumbsy. Every time he gets up to mischief he seems to step on his own toes and ends up having his ass kicked by Buffy. But then again so did the Trio....
    We ride with death tonight

Comment

I really liked the vampire Sunday from The Freshman. She was just so snarky and pretty and fun to watch. (Does this sweater make me look fat? - No, the fact that you're fat makes you look fat.) I don't know if she's exactly a Big Bad material for the whole season, but she should have been around a bit longer and have a decent mini-arc.
      sigpic
      banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

I actually want the old ones as a big bad. I know that Illyria is an Ats characer but I would love it if Illyria and other Old Ones would be the final big bad for both series. And I think that they would be amazing big bads.

About the show itself, I'm not sure. I love mr. Trick and wouldn't hate it to see him for a season. But I'm not sure if he has big bad potential.

Comment

Like missperoxide I'm voting for Sunday. I thought she was a superb character. It would good to see Buffy faced with an opponent that could completely dominate her in a fight, and she had the right level of snark to counter Buffy's own sassy attitude. They only shared one episode together but in my opinion they managed to create just as much snark and chemistry between the two characters that Buffy and Glory managed in a whole season.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by missperoxide View Post
            I really liked the vampire Sunday from The Freshman.
            Yes, I agree. Sunday could have really developed into an entertaining character. She would have worked great as a counterpart for Spike. It would have made more sense than hooking him up with Harmony. I think that, as a duo, Spike and Sunday could have caused some serious havok in Sunnydale.

Comment

Originally posted by deathrider View Post
              I've always enjoyed the Ethan Rayne episodes (they were too few in my opinion), but I don't think he would ever have worked as a Big Bad. Basically he was just too damn clumbsy. Every time he gets up to mischief he seems to step on his own toes and ends up having his ass kicked by Buffy. But then again so did the Trio....
              Yeah, I agree. Ethan is AWESOME, but he's better as a minibad, or someone's sidekick. I would've loved to see Dru and Ethan team up at some point. They both love a bit of chaos, and I think he'd make a nice pet for her, perhaps both working for another Big Bad who's better at the organisational side of things.

Also, a Sunday/Spike team up? Brilliant! I think they'd bicker like brother and sister (though, being vampires, that wouldn't stop them from shagging a lot).

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Like everyone else, i think Sunday would have been a great big bad. I really wanted to see more of her. Her character was so stronge and gave Buffy alot of problems. To me she felt like a girl version of Spike. That would have been cool to see them work together. So my vote is for the vampire bitch, Sunday!!!
                East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Comment

its been Mentioned but I'm saying it. Sunday the Vampire bitch. I can't believe they killed her off so quick. Yes I know she was only there as a way to show Buffy feeling worthless and then rising above it (by killing her). But I loved how she was with not just with Buffy but her minions too. She was smart and witty. I know alot of people think her and Spike would have been good as a couple in season 4 ( I do but I love Haromy to much to wish it happened). But yeah anyways Sunday as a 'should have been but never was' Big Bad
                  ANGEL: You just like stabbing me.

SPIKE: I?I'm shocked, SHOCKED that you'd say that. I much prefer hitting you with blunt instruments.

Comment

Like everyone else I'm all for more Sunday, I thought she was a great time and the last really worthwhile modern vamps we get. I would have liked to see more of her. I would have LOVED more of ethan - he was so wasted in his tiny S8 cameo, he should have had a lot more.

I would also have liked to see Professor Walsh as the unadulterated big bad of s4, instead of Adam, or with him as her scaryass tool. She'd have been a lot scarier I think.
                    sigpic

http://buffysmom.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by litzie View Post
                      Like everyone else I'm all for more Sunday, I thought she was a great time and the last really worthwhile modern vamps we get. I would have liked to see more of her. I would have LOVED more of ethan - he was so wasted in his tiny S8 cameo, he should have had a lot more.

I would also have liked to see Professor Walsh as the unadulterated big bad of s4, instead of Adam, or with him as her scaryass tool. She'd have been a lot scarier I think.
                      Totally agree re Walsh - she's terrifying (and Adam was lame and made of cardboard...though I did like his human self in Restless). If they'd focussed more on the idea of authority and control, on The (evil bitch wo)Man versus Buffy's anarchy, I think that could've been really interesting. Especially if there was a tussle over Riley in there, as a mother figure - the monstrous mother is a great mythical archetype. Medea meets the scariest teacher you've ever had.

Comment

I want Willow to give up her god-powers to bring back Tara. Maybe some creature has the ability to restore the dead, even better, the being could take Tara back before she died so she wouldn't have to remember her suffering. Than of course the creature turns out to be evil and uses his/her godhood to try and destroy the world. Willow actually knew the person was evil the whole time but she needed Tara back.

Basically, I don't like Willow being with whatever her name is and I want her to be truly happy again.

Comment

Originally posted by assydingo View Post

Basically, I don't like Willow being with whatever her name is
                          Her name is Kennedy.

I would have liked to see Amy (the witch) evolve into a more menacing character. She always had a dark vibe about her, and turning Willow into Warran (in The Killer in Me) proved that. If she is capable of inflicted something like that out of a mouthful of spite, then imagine the chaos she could bring if she really gets going.

Comment

I didn't warm to Sunday. I would have liked to have seen Andrew become more evil rather than fall in with the Scoobies. I liked the Evil Trio and they could have been so much more eviller!
                            What are you gonna do? Make me some more eggs?

Livejournal
                            Alan Tudyk Dot Net

Comment

Originally posted by deathrider View Post
                              Her name is Kennedy.

I would have liked to see Amy (the witch) evolve into a more menacing character. She always had a dark vibe about her, and turning Willow into Warran (in The Killer in Me) proved that. If she is capable of inflicted something like that out of a mouthful of spite, then imagine the chaos she could bring if she really gets going.
                              Have you read season 8?

Spoiler:
                              Because Amy is at least a medium sized big bad - but sadly I don't think it's done as well as it could have been.

Originally posted by doubleshiny View Post
                              I didn't warm to Sunday. I would have liked to have seen Andrew become more evil rather than fall in with the Scoobies. I liked the Evil Trio and they could have been so much more eviller!
                              I don't know, I love the fact that Andrew is like a sponge, soaking up evil or good wherever he goes. And he's so funny interacting with the scoobies. I'm not sure I could trade that for more eviller...
                              sigpic

http://buffysmom.wordpress.com/

Comment

I don't know, I love the fact that Andrew is like a sponge, soaking up evil or good wherever he goes. And he's so funny interacting with the scoobies. I'm not sure I could trade that for more eviller...
                                I wouldn't trade Andrew for the world... but I would've liked to see Jonathan join the gang as well. Sniff. He really was just the cutest thing.

Comment

Personally, I don't think resurrecting characters to be new big bads works with where the series is at. Even with Amy, who was a good candidate, it feels kind of shallow. Prior characters and villains are fine for the old monster of the week format, but the last 3 seasons + AtS basically set the bar for the big bads as "apocalypse or bust." Now, with that kind of standard set for ultimate evil - plus the fact that whatever the threat is has to be big enough to be a challenge to a whole army of slayers - any character that's resurrected can at best be a conduit to whatever immensely powerful ancient demon/alien invasion/hellspawn (or US) army could pose a threat to slayer nation.

Comment

Have you read season 8?

Spoiler:
                                    Because Amy is at least a medium sized big bad - but sadly I don't think it's done as well as it could have been.

I havn't read season 8 yet (or your spoiler because it would probably... eh... spoil it, lol) but I've got the general jist of what you are saying. I really have to hunt the graphic novel down.

Comment

Babbages is good for comics =]

I kinda want a major good character to somehow be the big bad. Maybe it's because I can't think of anything better... or I just love how emotional that tends to be.

Also if it's a good guy than Buffy and the others might be to emotionally involved to take them down. It'd be an excellent chance for the new slayers to show their mettle and show how needed they are.

Comment

That's kinda what happened with Willow in season 6, but it was one of the more memoralbe story arcs in my opinion. I loved Dark Willow.

Comment

Working...
                                        X