Worst Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Episode

I'm sure this has been done many times but I was interested in seeing what people consider the poorest episode. I just put in as many episodes with a bad reputation as I could (I really don't see the problem with Wrecked). For me it's definitely Where The Wild Things Are. If there is an episode with less of a point I'd like to see it. I apologize in advance if I miss one or put one down that you like.
    I Robot, You Jane
    28.21%
    Inca Mummy Girl
    11.54%
    Reptile Boy
    8.97%
    Gingerbread
    0.00%
    Beer Bad
    11.54%
    Where The Wild Things Are?
    12.82%
    Wrecked
    2.56%
    Doublemeat Palace
    14.10%
    Touched
    10.26%
    Saro49
    Hellmouth Tourist
    Last edited by Saro49; 28-09-08, 03:11 AM.

Touched doesn't have as bad a reputation as the others on that list; there are much worse episodes in Season 7 alone. Other than that, those are some pretty accurate selections (although I would have added stuff like Inca Mummy Girl and Reptile Boy and Gone).

Anyway, I voted for Beer Bad. That's the only episode that would make me feel embarrassed for liking the series, if someone were to enter the room while I was watching it. Beer Bad. Episode Worse.

ETA: Similar thread: Episodes You Skip
    Last edited by Enisy; 28-09-08, 03:13 AM.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

I put Touched in there for personal reasons. I think it's completely implausible that absolutely everybody would turn on Buffy in favor of Faith and then the bomb at the end just makes me feel embarassed. It's so stupid especially so close to the finale.

Comment

I think most people would have listed Empty Places instead of Touched, for the everybody-turning-on-Buffy scene you mentioned. (Not that Touched is a favourite of mine, either; I was shocked when Joss praised the "high quality" of the last few Buffy Season 7 episodes. Um.)

Comment

I picked Beer Bad because it was a trainwreck. I don't really think of Buffy as the type of person, or at least before she died, that would go to a college bar and drink beers with the morons that she sat with. The concept of them become cave people was just stupid and pointless. I was suprised to Touched on the list because I kind of liked that episode. I agree that it would make more sense to put Empty Places on the list because it was really stupid that Buffy had gotten kicked out of her own house, especially by Dawn of all people. When I first saw the episode, I thought maybe Buffy would throw Faith out of the house for taking them to the bronze, plus she just doesn't like her, but nooo everyone turned on her.
          Your logic does not resemble our earth logic.

Comment

Originally posted by molly13 View Post
            I picked Beer Bad because it was a trainwreck. I don't really think of Buffy as the type of person, or at least before she died, that would go to a college bar and drink beers with the morons that she sat with.
            I'm kinda surprised that Beer Bad has such a bad reputation, I really enjoyed this episode. It was fun and quirky, but managed to hit a few serious issues too.

As regards the guys that Buffy went drinking with, you have to remember the kind of place Buffys life was in at the time. She was completely lost in the whole ruuf+tumble of college life, she had recently broke up with Angel, and even more recently had a one night stand with a guy that she thought that she could make a boyfriend out of. And to top it all off, she then had her nose rubbed in the whole situation by Spike. The guys she met at the bar wanted her to drink with them and she just needed to be wanted in one form or another.
            We ride with death tonight

Comment

'Teacher's pet' would get my vote ... not one episode is worse than that one. It's a bad episode for Xander as a character, gross and it has a pretty pointless cliff hanger.

About the ones in the list ... I have less problems with cheesy episodes like 'Go Fish', 'Beer Bad' 'Inca Mummy Girl' and 'I Robot, You Jane' than with episodes that destroy characters I love. I despise; 'Touched', 'Dead Man's Party', 'Empty Places', 'Lies My Parents Told Me', 'Wrecked' etc. I went with Touched because that one makes my blood boil.
              Nina
              and her haircut.
              Last edited by Nina; 06-11-08, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I don't like Beer Bad because it gives me a vibe of a cheesy morality play. Drinking turns you into a caveman is a morale I can do quite well without, thank you very much. Buffy is not a "7th Heaven", for God's sake. I didn't find the cavemen scenes funny at all. But I won't vote for Beer Bad, because it had some good scenes like Buffy dreaming about saving Parker. Or "I'm suffering the afterness of a bad night of badness"

I would vote for Him if it was in the list. Such a meaningless episode. Just one good thing about that episode - that short Spike, Buffy and bazooka scene.
                sigpic
                banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

For me it was between 'Inca Mummy Girl' or 'Double Meet Palace' and I had to pick the 'Double Meat Palace' this episode was the worst I've ever seen. It just was annoying and that ugly old lady with the worm thingy sticking out of her head.I just really think this episode was the most pointless thing ever.

So I voted for the 'Double Meet Palace'
                  East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Comment

Okay out of the list, I choose I robot, you Jane. I not really sure why, but out of season 1, its the one episode I found, well boring. But I don't think its the worst Episode. I think that title goes to Ted . Its the one and only episode I have only watched once and can't bare to watch again. I clicked on this thinking ' Yay I can vote for Ted' and no Ted... Oh well I'll survive. Anyways to get back to the one I choose, I robot, You Jane was probably the worst episode on the list and in Season 1.
                    ANGEL: You just like stabbing me.

SPIKE: I?I'm shocked, SHOCKED that you'd say that. I much prefer hitting you with blunt instruments.

Comment

I chose beer bad, because I don't see the point in buffy getting drunk anyways. Meh, magic beer. Its stupid.
                      "So I'm wondering, do the other cookie animals feel sort of ripped? Like, is the hippo going, "Hey, man, where are my pants? I have my hippo dignity." And you know, the monkey's just, "I mock you with my monkey pants!" And then there's a big coup in the zoo." -- Oz.

Comment

I have to say that I really don't mind Double Meat Palace. The episode was a bit silly but it was far from pointless. Getting Buffy a job flipping burgers was just another great development by Whedon bringing his hero further down into real life mediocrity. The only problem was that the parts I liked about the Double Meat plot-line didn't happen in this episode.

Comment

I really like Where The Wild Things Are! I'm not keen on Inca Mummy Girl, I think it just took that whole monster of the week thing a bit too far and didn't really have much to say about anything.
                          What are you gonna do? Make me some more eggs?

Livejournal
                          Alan Tudyk Dot Net

Comment

I Robot, you Jane. This is really the worst of the series, it has competition but at least I can take away something positive about some other weaker (I won?t say bad) episodes. But in I Robot, the only good thing is the ending, the dialogue and Jenny Calendar but those two elements don?t save this because the episode has nothing else good or redeemable. It just doesn?t work and imo, it is the worst of the series.

Comment

From the list provided, I choose Doublemeat Palace. But no list like this that doesn't include Bad Eggs is really valid.
                              Cordially,
                              Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
                              Addicted to Buffy

Comment

Ok, so I voted for doublemeat palace for obvious reasons, the fact that Buffy would even apply for a job at Doublemeat Palace is a slap in the face. Im sure she could have gotten a much better job even if she were desperate. As for the Demon in it... an old lady? I dont think it can get much lammer than that. I do think that It gave a bit of much needed comic relief.

The one eipsode that I really disliked (and there really is only one) is "Normal Again". Its even to the point where I refuse to watch it! I hated that last scene where the doctor tells Hank and Joyce that shes gone implying that it really is all in her head. WTF?

Comment

im quite surprised that doublemeat palace got voted the worst it aint that bad, for me most episodes of season 7 should be at the bottom so it would have to be touched for me
                                  ~ five by five ~

http://www.cafepress.com/4youbyme

Comment

I'm kinda shocked at the list, there are some REALLY good episodes on it. "Gingerbread", "Where The Wild Things Are?" and "Wrecked" are very good episodes. Personally I think the worst episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is either "Beneath You" or "Lies My Parents Told Me". Both are just so poorly written and hard to watch (and the fact that season 7 Spike is just such a poorly written character doesnt help.)

On your list though Id go with "Inca Mummy Girl"

Comment

Originally posted by christina84 View Post
                                      The one eipsode that I really disliked (and there really is only one) is "Normal Again". Its even to the point where I refuse to watch it! I hated that last scene where the doctor tells Hank and Joyce that shes gone implying that it really is all in her head. WTF?
                                      Joss said that he doesn't think it's all in Buffy's head. The last scene is just there to make you wonder, and also 'cause it's fun on a meta-textual level.

Comment

Oh yeah, Bad Eggs is rubbish. But Gingerbread? Awesome episode!

Not liking an episode doesn't make it bad btw. There are lots of episodes that I don't like but they're not necessarily bad.
                                        What are you gonna do? Make me some more eggs?

Livejournal
                                        Alan Tudyk Dot Net

Comment

Working...
                                        X