Nicholas Brendon's brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholas Brendon's brother

Okay so I've watched all the seasons but apparently there was an episode I accidently missed, Normal Again in season 6. I know that Nicholas Brendon has a twin brother who appeared in The Replacement. Is he also playing Xander in Normal Again because Xander's appearance and voice seem just a little off to me. Just curious.

Nick's brother, Kelly Donovan, actually appeared as the neat Xander in The Replacement and appeared in the majority of Intervention (Nick was sick, I believe).

I would say that the biggest difference is that Nick is goofier than Kelly.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
    "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Originally posted by NileQT87 View Post
      Nick's brother, Kelly Donovan, ... and appeared in the majority of Intervention (Nick was sick, I believe).
      Really?! I never knew that. I really adore Intervention and I never noticed a difference in Xander, so I guess Kelly did a good job of playing the charafcter. Thanks for the trivia.
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I though Kelly only played Xander when he was doing a couple of scenes, the one I'm thinking of is when Buffy finds Glory's apartment and then the fight ensues, that is quite obviously not Nick doing the fight scenes.
        sigpic

Comment

I love the replacement such a good episode. I know that its both Nick and Kelly playing Xander but i could never tell which was which. But i guess that is the point they did it so you couldnt tell.

Joss
          Fire bad tree pretty

Comment

I can tell them apart. In the couple of scenes at the end of The Replacement when they're standing right next to each other, it's pretty clear which one is Nicki. His face just looks a bit 'older'.
            Cordially,
            Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
            Addicted to Buffy

Comment

I know that he was in The Replacement and Intervention, but what about Normal Again? The voice seems just a tad higher and a little different. Anyone know?

Comment

Kelly's IMDb page only lists The Replacement and Intervention. He's also credited with stunts in unspecified episodes, but those are his only credited roles.
                Cordially,
                Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
                Addicted to Buffy

Comment

Originally posted by amandajensen87 View Post
                  I know that he was in The Replacement and Intervention, but what about Normal Again? The voice seems just a tad higher and a little different. Anyone know?
                  Maybe he had a cold. I can distinguish between Nick and Kelly, and Nick was obviously playing Xander in Normal Again. You'll notice that Kelly is thinner and has almost drowsy eyes, plus his nose is different from Nick's.
                  Made by Trickyboxes
                  Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Working...
                  X