Buffy 4 Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy 4 Halloween

So I'm dressing up in drag this halloween as Buffy and I'd like to know what you guys think is her most iconic look. My first instinct is to go for the red leather pants, black tank top and silver cross necklace. But her white prom dress, with a black leather jacket and a crossbow could also be kind of cool and I kind of want to wear a dress. lol. what do you think would convey Buffy better??

the only style that i think people are going to think is more "buffy" than 'guy in generic drag' (leather pants will only come off as generic) is a mini-dress, knee-high boots, a blonde wig and a STAKE. the stake is necessary for people to actually get it. otherwise, they really won't. the cross necklace is a good idea.

the white dress from prophecy girl is the only dress i can really see people understanding as buffy. the cross, leather jacket and crossbow (if you can get one) would really work.

none of her outfits other than in season 1 really say anything other than generic women's clothing.

a stake, crossbow or slayer scythe is probably going to be the major tip-off of who you are dressed as. most people associate the "buffy" icon with blonde hair, short skirts/mini-dresses and boots. a cheerleader costume is another thing associated with buffy.
    Last edited by NileQT87; 09-09-08, 04:37 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
    "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

I don't like either outfit. I agree with Nile - the red leather= some guy in leather pants. Who hasn't seen that? LOL!

The prom dress... No one will recognize where that comes from. You will be some guy dressed as Cinderella for Halloween.

What you need are accessories. Wooden spike, cross bow - if you can get your hands on a scythe - you're in there!

At Dragon Con there was a girl dressed as Buffy and the Potentials! There were even some Fray's and a Satsu or two!! I think DK got some pics at the S8 panel Q&A.
      -TP<3
      "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
      - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

the pictures i always seem to see from comic-cons and conventions are a lot of illyrias. illyria has quite a costuming following.

it's kind of like the princess leia's metal bikini phenomenon (on a smaller level).

another option is to go as angel or spike and get a girl to go with you as buffy.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
        "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

I forgot to mention I was planning on having a stake. That was a gimme. But I hadn't thought of a skirt and high boots circa buffy season one! That has potential. Thanks!

Comment

Hehe, i would love to see a Drag-Buffy!

I agree with the other posters, def go for a mini skirt or mini dress with a stake etc... I knew someone who dressed as Buffy & had a button/badge with "Im a slayer, ask me how" just incase no-one knew who she was...

Comment

Buffy bot. Pleated pink skirt, magenta shirt, leather jacket, stake. Good to go!

Bonus: You can talk in chirpy, overly literal one liners all night. And don't forget, "That'll put marzipan in your pieplate, Bingo!"
              Cordially,
              Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
              Addicted to Buffy

Comment

Originally posted by Amuk View Post
                Buffy bot. Pleated pink skirt, magenta shirt, leather jacket, stake. Good to go!

Bonus: You can talk in chirpy, overly literal one liners all night. And don't forget, "That'll put marzipan in your pieplate, Bingo!"
                Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
                Hehe, i would love to see a Drag-Buffy!

I agree with the other posters, def go for a mini skirt or mini dress with a stake etc... I knew someone who dressed as Buffy & had a button/badge with "Im a slayer, ask me how" just incase no-one knew who she was...
                Two VERY good ideas!! Whedonuniverse.com has a Buffy merchandise area that sells those buttons.
                -TP<3
                "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

You have to have a stake, blonde wig,.. of course thats been mentioned,.. Oh and the "im a slayer ask me how" pin would be excellent .Hum. Maybe you could wear an awful leopard print hoodie.. she was notrious with the awful animal print outfits. I think the white dress would make you look more like a bride IMO.

Comment

If anyone is interested in being a vampire, there is a really cool Buffy vampire prosthetic kit for sale on Ebay...I was thinking of getting one for halloween this year. Seems really cool, check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280270149649

Comment

Originally posted by Buffylover33 View Post
                      If anyone is interested in being a vampire, there is a really cool Buffy vampire prosthetic kit for sale on Ebay...I was thinking of getting one for halloween this year. Seems really cool, check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280270149649
                      That IS cool. I was thinking of going to Endless Night in New Orleans this Halloween. (Anne Rice-y but looks like fun) and this would be a good look. I think most people go kind of whoregoth for this, but standard dark suit and bumpface would be interesting.

http://www.endlessnight.com/

RuFio... I hope you show us some pics!

Comment

Working...
                      X