Buffy vs Blade...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy vs Blade...?

Now that Buffy and Co. are firmly planted in the world of comics, it seems more possible than ever that we could see a fight between the Slayer and Marvel's favourite vampire.

Personaly, I'd love to see it, but what are your views?

A non-canon one shot would be interesting, but I doubt it. It would be something more likely to happen if Joss had simply declared that Buffy would be an open-ended monthly and not contained, designed seasons. I have always liked that they mythologies are essentially the same, just substituting wood for silver. Makes crossovers easy enough to fudge. But, seriously, she'd hand Blade his own ass, so the "versus" part wouldn't be that interesting
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Comment

I have to agree with The King here. It is doubtful that it would happen as a one off.
      But, if it did happen, and it was explored properley, Buffy would win. Although, I do think it would be a difficult battle. Mainly because Joss likes to make things epic and also because he is a 'good' vampire.
      They are pretty fairly matched, since they both possess superhuman strength, stamina, speed, agility, heightened senses, and a rapid healing factor. I can see them fighting on the same side, so for them to fight each other, a pretty interesting story must enfold.

x
      "Blue in the face with a choking regret."

Comment

Well, the general form of super hero team ups is: misunderstanding->fight->realisation of common foe -> team-up!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Well, the general form of super hero team ups is: misunderstanding->fight->realisation of common foe -> team-up!
          hehe well, thats what i was thinking. But how long could you actually make that last, or would it just be short and brushed under the carpet?
          it would only work, in my eyes, if he was a main feature in a major storyline.

but it could be quite interesting.

x

Comment

Realisticly Blade would hand Buffy her ass. First of she would not know how to kill him. Second he has done things she has not. Like Jump from near the top of a building and land quite easily. Blade 3. He has way more experience than she does 40+ years of fighting. And when he fights he is twice as fast as her. Strength I am not so sure about. Plus he is techniquly superior to her. Of course he will win. Because Wesley Snipes who played Blade in the movies. Is a better fighter than SMG. This means when they fight on screen that Blade would fight better than Buffy because he is being played by a actual black belt martial artist. Oh and he carries a gun. We know how buffy goes against guns. "Seeing Red anyone?"
            "I never learned from a man who agreed with me.'" Robert Heinlen

Comment

Originally posted by Revan View Post
              Like Jump from near the top of a building and land quite easily. Blade 3.
              Actually she's jumped from the top of buildings multiple times. Chosen, Beneath You, anyone remember? I don't think she would get her ass handed to her but I do think he would shoot her. That's pretty much the only reason he's good. He can kick ass but in the end almost always whips the gun out and shoots them. So in actuality Buffy would probably get shot but she does have Willow to go all uber witch and heal her again. Depending on who's comic it would take place in, would decide who would win but I would still bet on Buffy being the WINNAH!!!!!
              T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

Scoobies vs Nightstalkers completely different debate. You can't bring in Willow it's just not fair. She is insane.

Ah but when she jumped did she land as easily. More importantly did she say "forgot my sword" awesome quote. Anyway blade is a much faster fighter than she is. He uses his gun because it's quicker. He could do just as much damage without it anyway.

Situation: Buffy wins she stands tall over the vanquished blade and picks up his sword to deliver the final blow. Blade smiles, "why?" she wonders. Suddenly oh no her hand. Blade smiles and finishes the job. IMO. Buffy's good. Blade's better

Comment

If there's anything I hate worse than cross-overs between fictional universes it's the X-vs-Y gimmick. But, just to play along for a minute, Buffy wouldn't know how to kill him?

Buffy: Why don't I just put a stake through her heart?
                  Giles: She's not a vampire.
                  Buffy: Mm, well, you'd be surprised how many things that'll kill.

The same could be said for decapitation and immolation...
                  "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange..." - Willow Rosenberg, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Comment

First of Buffy would have to get a stake through his heart.Not easy. Immolation he would suvive as proofed by the first Blade where he stakes a vamp to the wall. And immolates him. Guess what the vamp recovers fully within a day. Vamps in the Blade Universe even re-grow limbs. It would take a lot more than he would let her take. Plus she is not anyway near as hardy.

Comment

I don't see it happening - but it would be cool if the two could join forces!

Blade is a totally different kind of vampire killer. I agree with Revan - I don't think Buffy would match up too well unless they fought together. However I would love to see it - I could just see Blade's "non-expressions" over having to fight with the Slayer!
                      -TP<3
                      "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                      - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Buffy VS. Blade? Blade would win. But then Willow would show up and kick his ass for hurting Buffy. So in the end, Buffyverse wins! At least, I think so.

Comment

First of she would not know how to kill him.
                          Decapitation would do the trick yes?

Second he has done things she has not. Like Jump from near the top of a building and land quite easily. Blade 3. He has way more experience than she does 40+ years of fighting. And when he fights he is twice as fast as her.
                          All of which vamps like Angel, Spike, Darla and Dru are capable of doing and yet, Buffy's beat everyone of them in a fight.

Because Wesley Snipes who played Blade in the movies. Is a better fighter than SMG. This means when they fight on screen that Blade would fight better than Buffy because he is being played by a actual black belt martial artist.
                          Isn't Sarah a black belt? Regardless, not sure why the actors who play them have any influence whatsoever. If that was the case Sarah wouldn't have stood a chance against Spike or Angel, who are played by much bigger guys. Fortunately for us we're talking about fictional characters with fictional abilities, what the person is like in real life is pretty irrelevant IMO.

And considering Buffy has beat Glory who was a god and Caleb who was stated to have the power of god, I think she could beat Blade.

"It's Buffy"

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Blade has also beaten a god. Who re grew limbs as quickly as blade could cut them of. Answer this he has a gun. The actor makes a diferent because when wesley snipes fights on blade he fights faster than buffy does on btvs. Because he is better at fighting. It means that the a director can display blade's fights faster than buffy's.

Yes but he heals faster than she does. He re-grows limbs in days. Remember? Okay forget that point it only works if buffy did not have slayer strength.

And anyway Gun we know how buffy deals with guns. "seeing red" anyone? The only reason it works in the buffyverse is demons don't like guns. Blade does.

Comment

Glory didn't need to regrow limbs, because you couldn't cut them off. In all honesty I don't like the idea of text-to-text meetings, they're interesting the same way early american history is interesting, some people get the syphylitic captives, some people get the smallpox infected blankets. Besides if Joss ever decided to do a one-shot, big fight issue, there are so many buffyverse pairings that would be far more interesting. Am I the only one who ever wanted to see Adam fight Glory? Illyria fight Glory? Willow fight Glory and then fight Illyria? Harmony fight Glory and then Fight Illyria and survive? Harmony-Xander rematch? Anyone?

Comment

If they each came to the fight as they normally come to fights, they wouldn't even have to fight all he has to do is shoot her.

I wouldn't want to see them meet, they fight different kinds of vampires, live in very different worlds. She is top dog in her world of vampires, and he's top dog in his. I could see them meeting for a coffee to talk about vampire killing methods though. But as for meeting in comics and fighting/teaming up, I don't want to see it. They may both fight vampires but they fight very different types of vampires and live in totally different worlds. I'd have loved to see Buffy try and fight Nomak though, or the Marvel version of Dracula (from the comics not from the movie, he was pussified like Buffy's Dracula)

Comment

Blade's the more ruthless, experienced and modern of the two.

He'd arrange for any and all back-up plans to be dealt with then bomb the beejus out of where ever Buffy was living.
                                  sigpic

Comment

Buffy's power is something which is deep-rooted and ancient, whereas Blade was an anomaly in genetics. So in terms of mythology, i think Buffy is more powerful in terms of reckoning.
                                    I'm not quite sure what my point was here... i swear there was something new i wanted to add.

x

Comment

And anyway Gun we know how buffy deals with guns. "seeing red" anyone?
                                      Generally, she dodges really quickly, and then takes the gun away from the person shooting it. Or tricks them into shooting their own brother or uses magic to turn the shells into doves, but they were one-offs.

What 'Seeing Red' shows is how Buffy deals with guns when she's taken completely by surprise and not expecting an attack. So equally, how would Blade react if he's walking along and suddenly Buffy decapitates him with an axe?

Anyway, the problem with all of these "who would win" scenarios is that really, either character could win depending on how you set things up and what advantages you include. For example:

Does Buffy have to fight Blade one-on-one? That's fair to Blade; but while his shtick is that he's a lone badass who occasionally teams up with other people, Buffy's friends are an integral part of her characterisation. They're a huge part of what makes her so strong, so taking Willow and Xander and Giles away from her is penalising her unfairly.

Equally, do you count "luck" or "intuition" as a character trait? Because Buffy has a knack of spotting the enemy's weak spot right at the last moment and exploiting it. Because her powers are supernatural in origin and she has a 'sacred destiny', it's entirely reasonable to allow her to show "Slayer intuition" - but where do you draw the line between that and script immunity, which you only get when you're a main character of your own show?

Comment

If a Buffy-Blade one shot were to be done, I'd like to see the pre-movie interpretation of the character. The tainted, but not turned vampire hunter teaming with the most successful slayer in history. I find the movie version (who has all of the vampires' strengths, but none of their weaknesses) a less compelling character.

I think the obligatory good guy misunderstanding fight would be the least interesting element of the comic. Blade's life had been dominated by vampires since birth. We're talking Kendra to the Nth degree. He really didn't come to appreciate how important Frank Drake and Hannibal King were to him until their deaths. I think the more reflective Blade seen during his post Nightstalkers solo book would be the perfect character for the big picture questioning, season eight Buffy to play off of.
                                        Legend of the Seeker
                                        http://www.dadt.com/lots/

Comment

Working...
                                        X