This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite character

Mine are Spike, faith, then Buffy. (then Angel)
    Whos most popular

Buffy and Willow, because both are played by amazing actresses, had amazing storylines and the best evolution of the show.
    sigpic

Comment

In the 'verse, my favourite characters are Angel and Wesley. But both characters are much more fun in Ats. I love Angel in BtVS as well, only the big love wasn't there until Ats. And Wesley was without any depth and he was there to mock and praise Giles.

On BtVS it depends on the seasons;
      In Season 1-3, Buffy was my favourite character ... but in season 4-7 it was Xander (and Anya).

Comment

Have to agree that Spike is definatley my favorite character out of all of them!! The way James Marsters plays him and both the character development are extrordinary!

Then of course Buffy! Buffy comes in a close second!

Comment

Even the characters I wanted to NOT like as much were completely likable.
          I've found that most people seem to pick Anya and Spike as their favorites. I always thought this was strange, because they were essentially replacements for Angel and Cordelia.
          But wait! Before I get assassinated by posts, let me say that Spike and Anya were both HILARIOUS characters in their own rights. Rewatching the show recently I remembered how ridiculous Anya's physical comedy was, with her awkward newly-human fumbling.
          Still, it seems most people loved the replacements more than the originals, which is understandable as they ended up doing more on the show, and came in when the show was really in its stride.
          But Angel and Buffy...that was some big tragic plot drama. Spike and Buffy? That was depressing and perverted. Spike was better as a foil...
          Anya is pretty great, though.

Comment

1) Angel (favorite in both btvs and ats)
            2) Wesley
            3) Darla
            4) Spike
            5) Fred
            6) Drusilla
            7) Buffy (only seasons 1-3)
            8) Connor
            9) Holtz
            10) Faith
            11) Lilah
            12) Lindsey
            13) Anya
            14) Giles
            15) Holland
            16) the Mayor
            17) the Master
            18) Warren
            19) Jonathan
            20) Willow (only seasons 1-3)
            Last edited by NileQT87; 14-06-08, 02:55 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
            "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

My favorite's are

1. Angel
              2. Buffy
              3. Wesley
              4. Faith
              5. Giles
              6. Lorne
              7. Fred
              8. Lilah
              9. Gunn
              10. Spike

Comment

If we're doing the whole 'verse...

1) Angel
                2) Cordelia
                3) Wesley
                4) Connor
                5) Xander
                6) Buffy
                7) Spike
                8) Giles
                9) Gunn
                10) Willow
                11) Oz
                12) Fred
                13) Anya
                14) Tara
                15) Lorne
                16) Riley
                17) Dawn
                18) Harmony

This is hard, because some characters (like Spike and Buffy) I love in the early years, but can't stand later on. Others (like Tara and Riley) I don't dislike, but there's nothing that I absolutely love about them. Ultimately, I put them lower on the list because they never really captured me the way that others did. I only did the regulars, although if I put recurring characters in there too...I think I'd put Lilah behind Spike, Drusilla after Fred, and Darla after Fred as well. Maybe.
                The story's kinda bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who needs to return the ring back to Mordor.

Comment

1) Willow
                  2) Tara
                  3) Angel(us)
                  4) Faith
                  5) Xander
                  6) Fred/Illyria
                  7) Dru
                  8) Buffy
                  9) Spike
                  10) Oz

But there's no character I don't really like except Groo, Kennedy, Robin and the Potentials in General
                  "I never learned from a man who agreed with me.'" Robert Heinlen

Comment

In Btvs, it'd have to be Spike because he's well gorgeous, but that aside, he was the most complex, I think and evolved the most, or at least the most dramatically and interestingly for me.

In Ats, it would be Wes, and remarkably for very similar reasons....

Strange that I have admiration for the bad guy turned good, and the good guy gone bad rather equally....huh, that's something to ponder with the shrink, heh?
                    sigpic

Comment

1. Spike
                      2.Willow
                      3. Giles
                      4. Ethan
                      5. Oz
                      6. Faith
                      7. Jonathan
                      8. pre-Angel Cordelia
                      9. Anya
                      10. Angelus
                      http://www.deadendstreets.com

Comment

Top 10s is it.

1. Spike
                        2. Faith
                        3. Buffy
                        4. Angel
                        5. Giles
                        6. Master
                        7. Anya
                        8. Holtz
                        9. Gunn
                        10. Lorne

Comment

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
                          In Btvs, it'd have to be Spike because he's well gorgeous, but that aside, he was the most complex, I think and evolved the most, or at least the most dramatically and interestingly for me.

In Ats, it would be Wes, and remarkably for very similar reasons....

Strange that I have admiration for the bad guy turned good, and the good guy gone bad rather equally....huh, that's something to ponder with the shrink, heh?
                          Don't worry about the shrink with that...I think, like, EVERY character on Buffy went from good to bad over and over again. It was the television equivalent of killing off Comic Book characters and bringing them back. Oh wait, Buffy did that too...
                          Favorite character, though? C'mon....that's one of those impossible questions! I posted earlier about other people's favorite characters, but that's because I can't really choose my own...but I'll try...
                          First: And all my fan friends disagree (and many dislike her) but lets give it up for Buffy herself. Not just for all the stuff we already know (empowered female, true center of the show, etc) But because they worked every single part of that character as far as they could. She wasn't just a hero, that wouldn't have been interesting. She was also a self-obsessed, preening bitch a lot of the time, and that made her AWESOME. She also went from being a child to a real grownup on the show, and that was (while perhaps less fun) very important to the arc of the series. And I tend to forget how many great one-liners they give her.
                          But, if I may, I'd also really like to tip my hat to Giles. I haven't heard Giles listed much on these pages, but Giles was ridiculously good until he became ridiculously underused. His departure was important in the aforementioned 'growing-up' of Buffy, but that was just too bad because Giles was a Rock Star.

Comment

Mine are:

1-Angel in both shows

2-Angelus i used to hate him at first but in ATS i start to know more & more about him to the point i start to like him ( sometimes more than i like Angel himself)

3-Buffy hands down she's amazing character but there's sometimes where i wanna tell her shut up we know you are THE LAW.

4-Willow i love her sweet persona & the fact she's compassionate with others,i,m not a big fan of dark willow but i still like her though.

5-Spike i love william the bloody not that soft Spike the one who changed bcuz he fell in love with the slayer,He got his own since of humor .

6-Pre-Angel Cordelia & i dont need to explain why.
                            You Are The Only One
                            Who Ever Touched My Heart
                            It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Comment

Faith, hands down. She was a very interesting character; having been deprived of power, choices, opportunities and guiding figures as a kid, she's given immense power and has to learn to deal with it. Not to mention dealing with having people in her life who have faith (no pun intended) in her and welcome her into her fold, but who at the same time make her feel out of place and confused because of the new moral boundaries that she is now expected to follow. And then she sees how much she can achieve with her power (taking someone's life) and realizing how much influence in the environment around her she can truly have and how significant and noticed she can be, added to all the personal challenges she's constantly facing, she goes over the edge into insanity. Eliza Dushku played all that brilliantly, from the early, wild-but-well-intentioned Faith to the later, murderous and cruel Faith who's further fueled in her insanity by having a true loving guiding figure in her life (the Mayor) while she abuses her power. It was incredibly interesting watching her struggle with herself, never really knowing which road to go down, hurting people to convince herself she's worthy of notice but at the same time regretful of causing damage to those who once treated her as a friend, eventually realizing how much of herself she's destroyed and the monster she's seemingly become in her bid for any kind of love and attention. And then in season 4 of Angel, I really, really loved seeing a new Faith, mixing her natural spark and fire with the knowledge that she can lead a better life for herself and everyone else by atoning for her past mistakes, having become unbelievably more mature and balanced, using that both to help Angel Team and the Scoobies and to keep her former violent instincts in check.

It's too bad she never got her own spin-off. Now I can only cross my fingers and hope that she'll either become a regular in the comics or get her own comic series! (Granted, I doubt the former will happen and Joss already said he has no plans whatsoever for a Faith comic, but a guy can dream )

Comment

Hi Icecream and welcome to the forums you should start a thread in the Welcome section and introduce yourself to everyone

Faith is pretty awesome and one of my fav characters as well . have you heard about Dollhouse? Joss's new show and Eliza is in the leading role!
                                "I never learned from a man who agreed with me.'" Robert Heinlen

Comment

Yup, I'm kind of excited about that. Too bad the premiere is still months away.

Comment

1- Xander
                                    2- Spike
                                    3- Giles
                                    4- Buffy
                                    5- Dawn
                                    6- Willow
                                    7- Cordelia
                                    8- Oz
                                    9- Angel
                                    10- Doyle
                                    Made by Trickyboxes
                                    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

my top ten would have to be:

1. Faith
                                      2. Anya
                                      3. Andrew
                                      4. Dru
                                      5. Spike
                                      6. Buffy
                                      7. Xander
                                      8. Darla
                                      9. Angel
                                      10. Cordelia

Comment

Willow is my favorite, followed by Buffy, Anya and Tara. I guess if I'm doing top ten...

1. Willow
                                        2. Buffy
                                        3. Anya
                                        4. Tara
                                        5. Andrew
                                        5. Giles
                                        7. Xander
                                        8. Cordelia
                                        9. Jonathan
                                        10. Spike

I've found that my favorite characters have changed a lot since I first watched...originally, I loved spike (and spuffy generally), but while I don't dislike him or anything, I've found that I just don't care as much. I love him when he's funny.
                                        sigpic

http://buffysmom.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                        X