Restless.... WOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restless.... WOW!

Hey guys! I was rewatching Restless just a moment ago, and I was like "WOW!"

But before I state the reasons why I thought Restless was a wow, I wanted to know what your thoughts are on this episode.

Fire away!

I really like the episode, it has very interesting scenes about emotions, the future and the past. The music is very pretty and the colors and clothes are fantastic.

It doesn't make me go 'Wow!', I love the episode ... but it's not one of my favourites (no place in the top 5), but it's in my top 10.

Comment

This is absolutely a "wow" episode. An episode that I always love watching. A wonderful dream aout every character, analysing their past, present and future. Wow. I totally love this, beyond any logical reason.

Comment

As you know - Restless follows the episode where Adam is destroyed. The interesting thing about "Restless" is how the theme of the "The Heart, The Mind, The Spirit and The hand" all replay themselves in that episode. Which was how Buffy and the Scoobies defeated Adam. Watch it again and see if you can point out those themes once more.

Also, each wants to break free from their "casted" roles in society however you notice how they continue to revert to the root of their personalities. Williow becomes the nerd, Xander the loser and so on.

Often dubbed the anti-clamactic climax and felt the ending should have stayed with the defeat of Adam, it is actually a lovely episode of reflection to end the season.
        -TP<3
        "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
        - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

I don't really remember this episode...I guess I know what I am doing tonight.

Originally posted by ThePoet's<3 View Post
          As you know - Restless follows the episode where Adam is destroyed. The interesting thing about "Restless" is how the theme of the "The Heart, The Mind, The Spirit and The hand" all replay themselves in that episode. Which was how Buffy and the Scoobies defeated Adam. Watch it again and see if you can point out those themes once more.

Also, each wants to break free from their "casted" roles in society however you notice how they continue to revert to the root of their personalities. Williow becomes the nerd, Xander the loser and so on.

Often dubbed the anti-clamactic climax and felt the ending should have stayed with the defeat of Adam, it is actually a lovely episode of reflection to end the season.

Comment

Do you have any favorite dreams? Or do you love all of them. Honestly, I love how Xander always ends up in the basement, no matter what he does. It talks alot about him and how his life is going.

Comment

I love this episode, although I agree it is anti-climactic. The first time I watched Buffy all the way through, I remember being like '...what?' at the end of that episode. It's unlike any other season closer.

The thing I love most about Restless is the way it foreshadows so many things. For example, Spike's turn to the good (he is training to be a watcher), and Tabula Rasa: Giles says 'He's like a son to me' which, of course, he thinks he is in that episode!

Some dialogue I've always felt certain it meant one thing, then found out it meant another (in others' opinions) is this:

TARA: I think it's strange. I mean, I think I should worry, that we haven't found her name.
              WILLOW: Who, Miss Kitty?
              TARA: You'd think she'd let us know her name by now.
              WILLOW: She will. She's not all grown yet.

See, I've always thought that that was about Dawn - that Miss Kitty was a metaphor for Dawn, as Tara and Willow become maternal figures for her so they look after her in the sense they care for a cat. But then I found out the general consensus is that Miss Kitty symbolises the First Slayer and it confused me even more!

XANDER: Do you mind? I'm talking to my demon.
              I love this line! It shows that even though he loves Anya, he still can't help but think of her as a demon.

Also, in Giles' dream we see Olivia, pregnant, with a buggy for Buffy. This shows that Giles thinks of Buffy as a child, HIS child, he upholds family values, and it also foreshadows the arrival of Dawn.

And of course, there is Be back before Dawn.

BUFFY: We're not demons.
              ADAM: Is that a fact?

This foreshadows Buffy finding out she is actually part demon - Get It Done

Plus the cheese man is pretty much the best

Comment

Working...
              X