Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Weird If I Liked These Episodes?

Chronogically ordered:

1. Some Assembly Required - I think this episode was horribly underrated. Although the plot is not easy to grasp, and you'd most probably HATE that disgusting, perversed photo-taking dude (Chris), I favored some of the scenes. The dialogue was above par and witty, and the Jenny/Giles romantic subplot was really funny. Of course, I wouldn't expect it to win any Best Jossverse Episode tournaments ever, but I liked it. I do.

2. Go Fish - It's not that I loved this episode, but I thought it was once again, horribly underrated. It's got a nice, mysterious plot (okay - swimmers who turn into monsters - possibly not) and Xander swimmin'? Ha-ha!

3. Band Candy - I know I was awfully opposed against this episode in the Buffy Bestspace Elimination, but after re-watching it, I finally got its master idea. Everybody wants their parents to loosen up, but what happens when they actually become teenagers?

4. Gingerbread - Just one word made the episode for me. MOO!

Okay, getting tired of explaining. I'll just write down the episode names and I'll explain sometime later when it's 1.00 in the morning.

5. Living Conditions

6. Real Me

7. Forever - Just gotta say that this episode is the most underrated of all! It's one of my favourite episodes in season five (asides from, obviously "The Body" and "The Gift"). I'll explain later.

8. Wrecked

9. Older and Far Away

10. Help

11. Him - Loved it!

Feedback is appreciated.

I love all but 'Gingerbread' and Some Assembley required' So if you're weird, I am too :P

You love what episodes you love for your own reasons, so it doesnt make you weird at all. I love Beer Bad, so does my best friend, but we know why we love so it doesnt matter

Comment

I liked 'Band Candy' and 'Gingerbread' as well, I think they're great episodes. But I pretty much enjoy every episode of season 3 where I think the quality was the superb and consistently the best it had ever been and was to ever be.

'Band Candy' had a number of great scenes, the first being Buffy and Willow driving. It was so cute seeing Buffy so bad at driving and Willow so nervous and it was nice to have such a sweet non dramatic scene between them. Plus teenage Snyder, who didn't love that?

And 'Gingerbread' had a nice scene between Buffy/Joyce and Buffy/Angel, where he actually gives his first draft of his great 'Epiphany' speech. Plus Cordy's "one of these days your going to wake up in a coma!" was a delight. I loved the interaction between Giles and Cordelia.

I also liked 'Living Conditions' and 'Real Me' as well!

And whilst not fantastic episodes by any stretch of the imagination what makes 'Some Assembly Required' and 'Go Fish' a nice fun care-free watch is that they do have their nice fun scenes in them, such as the Xander Speedo scene and Buffy/Willow/Cordy's reaction, and Buffy and Xander's taunting of Giles' crush on Jenny. Which is what I find differs in later seasons, when if you have a really bad episode it has very little nice little moments in it to make it enjoyable on a pure entertainment level, the earlier seasons succeed where the later seasons fail in that department.

The only ones I really don't like on your list are 'Older and Far Away' which I find so incredibly dull, demon attacks and runs back in a wall, repeat until insane. And I gotta admit I find 'Help' a little overrated, a little too preachy for me. But I was under the impression it was an unpopular opinion to dislike either episodes, so I don't think you're alone in appreciating them

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

No, you're not weird. People have different likes and dislikes. I like many episodes others dislike for cute character scenes, basically I enjoy episodes more for characters than for the storyline and monster of the week.
        Made by Trickyboxes
        Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

I also love those ones, except Gingerbread. Not because it?s bad but it makes me very nervous. But no, you are not weird. People have different opinions and that?s why this forum is great. Hearing different opinions and tastes is great!

Comment

Good to know!

Originally posted by allthings View Post
            I love Beer Bad, so does my best friend, but we know why we love so it doesnt matter
            It's not one of my favorite episodes, but it IS underrated, I'll give you that.

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
            I liked 'Band Candy' and 'Gingerbread' as well, I think they're great episodes. But I pretty much enjoy every episode of season 3 where I think the quality was the superb and consistently the best it had ever been and was to ever be.

I whole heartedly agree. Season three and two ties on my second favorite season (5 being the first, 6 being the third, 4 being the fourth and 1 and 7 tied in last place). Most of the season three episodes are above average. Only a small fraction (Beauty and the Beasts and The Zeppo namely) turned up beneath the standard Buffy quality. The introduction of Faith as 'the road not taken' and The Mayor, a big bad Big Bad badass (wow, say that five times fast) are pleasantly enthralling.

Plus Cordy's "one of these days you're going to wake up in a coma!" was a delight. I loved the interaction between Giles and Cordelia.

How did I forget that! That's one of my favorite lines in season three.

Which is what I find differs in later seasons, when if you have a really bad episode it has very little nice little moments in it to make it enjoyable on a pure entertainment level, the earlier seasons succeed where the later seasons fail in that department.

Wow, I so agree with you on that one! There were not many scenes to be cherished in those big season seven flops (The Killer In Me and First Date (two huge flops back-to-back)). But if you take a look at the earlier season turkeys, there's always that scene that cracks you up or put a smile on your face (once again, Gingerbread's "Moo" comes to mind).

The only ones I really don't like on your list are 'Older and Far Away' which I find so incredibly dull, demon attacks and runs back in a wall, repeat until insane. And I gotta admit I find 'Help' a little overrated, a little too preachy for me. But I was under the impression it was an unpopular opinion to dislike either episodes, so I don't think you're alone in appreciating them
            Haha! Actually, I see your point there on Older and Far Away, but I'm still sticking by it. The only drawback is the pointless demon, and the pointless Richard (is it? I forgot his name lol..).

I have to point out how seriously underrated Him was. Asides from Help, Conversations With Dead People and Chosen, I have to say it's one of my favorite season seven episodes. The episode always brighten up my day. Always. What I always found super-funny was the four girls going their ways to please R.J. in four scenes that's superimposed into one screen (you know which part!).

Comment

Originally posted by fitri View Post
              I whole heartedly agree. Season three and two ties on my second favorite season (5 being the first, 6 being the third, 4 being the fourth and 1 and 7 tied in last place). Most of the season three episodes are above average. Only a small fraction (Beauty and the Beasts and The Zeppo namely) turned up beneath the standard Buffy quality. The introduction of Faith as 'the road not taken' and The Mayor, a big bad Big Bad badass (wow, say that five times fast) are pleasantly enthralling.
              I love 'The Zeppo' But I know a lot of people don't love 'Beauty and the Beasts.' I actually don't have a problem with that episode, I thought it was pretty solid. It had some really nice moments for Buffy especially when she breaks down to Platt, and I love Willow pulling Oz's tail to get him off Faith, that'll never stop cracking me up

Wow, I so agree with you on that one! There were not many scenes to be cherished in those big season seven flops (The Killer In Me and First Date (two huge flops back-to-back)). But if you take a look at the earlier season turkeys, there's always that scene that cracks you up or put a smile on your face (once again, Gingerbread's "Moo" comes to mind).
              I think it's because, dare I say it, the characters were far more likeable back then, at least IMO. By season 7 they seemed waded down in all their mess that they'd lost much of their spark and their interaction wasn't as vibrant. But season 8 has managed to rejuvenate the characters so I can't complain too much.

Haha! Actually, I see your point there on Older and Far Away, but I'm still sticking by it. The only drawback is the pointless demon, and the pointless Richard (is it? I forgot his name lol..).
              Don't worry a lot of people seem to love that episode, personally I don't know why, but a lot of people do. I just didn't like the concept behind it.

I have to point out how seriously underrated Him was. Asides from Help, Conversations With Dead People and Chosen, I have to say it's one of my favourite season seven episodes. The episode always brighten up my day. Always. What I always found super-funny was the four girls going their ways to please R.J. in four scenes that's superimposed into one screen (you know which part!).
              Season seven started off quite well. It didn't go down hill until about half way IMO. Whilst I think 'Him' is a poor man's substitute for the greatness that is 'B,B & B' it's still quite a fun episode, it didn't take itself or the characters too seriously which was a flaw of season 7 IMO.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I like Living Conditions. "She irons her jeans. She's evil." That's enough for me, I'm so with Buffy here!

The Real Me is funny and entertaining, I can't understand why someone would really dislike it. And I'm not even fan of Dawn!

Wrecked is not my particular favourite but I have nothing against it either. I'm not very keen on this magic addiction thing but it's not a bad episode.

Older And Far Away is in my Top10
                sigpic
                banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

1. Some Assembly Required

Not my fave ep by a long chalk. It's not so much the camera guy but the zombie guy that kills it for me. The plot seems a bit hokey to me as well.

2. Go Fish

Aaaand my least favourite ep of all time ever. It's not so much the ep itself which isn't hugely bad; more the way it interrupts the flow of the eps around it. We're building up to the big show down between Angel & Buffy, have just had the excellent 'I only have eyes for you' and then.. this.

3. Band Candy

Now your talking. Juvey Snider is a hoot and a half and Ripper begging Buffy to hit Ethan is absolutely hilarious. Mind you I love Ethan Rayne. The man can do no wrong (Other than evil chaos worshipping wrong) in my eyes. Funniest episode of a television show to feature baby eating.

4. Gingerbread

This one mystifies me. Why people don't like it, I don't know. It's a great commentary on mob mentality to me and how people can be sucked into being stupidly knee jerky despite having good intentions. I always love it when BTVS dips into fairy stories too. Very Grimm.

5. Living Conditions

Again with the funny. What's not to love about the scene with Buffy tied to the chair.

6. Real Me

Not so much because Dawn is at her most annoying mainly.

7. Forever

I'm one of the ones who prefer 'The Body' to this. I do think it sometimes fall under the latters shadow though.

8. Wrecked

Season 6 is my fave so yeah. The first glimpse of just how scary Willow can be.

9. Older and Far Away

Not a huge fave but it has it's place. along with 'Where the wild things are' one of the more scary eps.

10. Help

All sorts of yes.

11. Him

Buffy + Bazooka + Spike = Comedy gold!
                  JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
                  Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

You have to realize I'm the last person to call someone weird about liking certain episodes since I'm the one with like the oddest tastes on here. For example I have Him, After Life, Checkpoint, Helpless, When She Was Bad, Anne, The Weight of the World and Listening to Fear in my top 20. Yeah, I know.

2. Go Fish - It's not that I loved this episode, but I thought it was once again, horribly underrated. It's got a nice, mysterious plot (okay - swimmers who turn into monsters - possibly not) and Xander swimmin'? Ha-ha!
                    Wentworth = There's nothing else I have to say. It's a good episode.

3. Band Candy - I know I was awfully opposed against this episode in the Buffy Bestspace Elimination, but after re-watching it, I finally got its master idea. Everybody wants their parents to loosen up, but what happens when they actually become teenagers?
                    Love it! Come on Ripper and Joyce together was great.

4. Gingerbread - Just one word made the episode for me. MOO!
                    Again, love it!!! MOO is brilliant.

5. Living Conditions
                    OMFG I TOTALLY LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!! IT'S THE BEST ON YOUR LIST! Share time is phenominal. Plus who the hell doesn't love Cher. I could easily live with Kathy. *nods*

8. Wrecked
                    I like this one, not love it but like, and it's only for one moment that if you looked away for like 2 seconds you would miss. It's that damn wince of pain Buffy does when she sits down in the kitchen that makes me crack up with laughter every time I watch that episode. Ah it's highly amusing to me.

9. Older and Far Away
                    "A cramp? In your pants?" Love it! I really liked Tara when she wasn't with Willow to be brutally honest.

11. Him - Loved it!
                    Top 20 episode for me so I'm totally with you on this one.
                    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

i have to agree with most of those... so i suppose i'm a self proclaimed weirdo!

x
                      "Blue in the face with a choking regret."

Comment

i agree that go fish is underrated. I personally love it, people complain that it's location in the season was weird and out of place, but i like it! it's one of my favs.
                        Giles: All we know is that the fate of the entire world rests on it. . . Did you eat all the jellies?
                        Buffy: Did you want a jelly?
                        Giles: I always have a jelly. I'm always the one that says "let's have a jelly in the mix."

Comment

7. Forever - Just gotta say that this episode is the most underrated of all! It's one of my favourite episodes in season five (asides from, obviously "The Body" and "The Gift"). I'll explain later.
                          I completely Agree with you. I just got done watching this episode and Im not going to say its better then "The Body" but i thought it was More heart wrenching then the previous one.

OMFG I TOTALLY LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!! IT'S THE BEST ON YOUR LIST! Share time is phenominal. Plus who the hell doesn't love Cher. I could easily live with Kathy. *nods
                          UHH Me!!! I would never share a room with anyone who liked Cher. and That episode was just bad.
                          sigpic

Comment

I like Band Candy, Wrecked, Living Conditions and Older and Far Away (especially when Buffy unwraps the "massage" aparatus and Spike cocks an eyebrow at her! *melt* I also like when he says, "OOOooo - Buuuf-feeeey..." "Wanna get a soda pop!?!" ROWR!

I also like "Super Star" and many people don't.
                            -TP<3
                            "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                            - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

No Offense to anybody But what makes u like superstar. I think that it was not very good overall, Bad acting by some, and just out of place in the overall of the season.

10. Help
                              I love this Episode. The second best one on season 7 IMO. Guess that makes me a bit weird. But Im weirs too because The Puppet show is one of my favorite ones too.
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't think 'Living Conditions' is bad at all. Funny Buffy is always great to watch, I liked that it was light-hearted and didn't take itself too seriously.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by skinless View Post
                                  I completely Agree with you. I just got done watching this episode and Im not going to say its better then "The Body" but i thought it was More heart wrenching then the previous one.
                                  I also think it was more heart wrenching. The end scene had me BAULING especially when Buffy is all like 'Mommy' and smiles and runs to the door :'(
                                  Dawn being a Brat towards Tara and Willow was pretty annoying but understandable, but I do adore this eppy. Oh, I almost forgot the Bangel scenes Angel actually looked stubbly hehe
                                  allthings
                                  Hellmouth Tourist
                                  Last edited by allthings; 13-05-08, 12:20 PM. Reason: Forgot Bangel scenes, oops!

Comment

No Offense to anybody But what makes u like superstar. I think that it was not very good overall, Bad acting by some, and just out of place in the overall of the season.
                                    I personally, thought it was pretty funny. I never got the big hate for it. I know I'm so in the minority though! Even for a thread like this.

As for the list; I liked Help, Living Conditions, and Older and Far Away as well. And I haven't seen it in aaaages, but I remember a few good moments in Some Assembly Required. Gingerbread and Him aren't horrible either.
                                    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Comment

To me,Anya makes 'Superstar'. Especially when Buffy goes to Xander's house and Anya is reading the Jonathan book, and wants Buffy to leave haha. I know a lot of people arent fans of the episode for Jonathan overload.

Comment

I really love watching "Beauty and the Beasts". I don?t know why, but I really like the whole "Oz may be a murderer" and then it turns out to be Debbie?s boyfriend. And the dialogue when Xander admits he overslept instead of watching Oz or even Buffy and the counselor.
                                        Another one I like is Reptile Boy.

Comment

Working...
                                        X