Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy and Wisteria Lane

(I think I mispelled that).

I was just reading TV Week and it mentions that Wisteria Lane (From Desperate Housewives, the street) had also been flimed in Buffy as well, I was wondering where was this scene taken? The only place I can think of is Buffy's house (And if that'ds the case, which Desperate Housewife lives in that haunted house!:P That would be a good fanfic, a vampire comes to the house expecting Buffy but finds one of the Housewives)

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
    Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Well I think it looks like those houses in Angel's episode Underneath so maybe it wasn't Buffy and just Buffyverse.
    sigpic

Comment

That would indeed be correct, I believe they discuss that in the commentary for that episode.
      The good fight, yeah? - You never know until you've been tested. - I get that now. - Doyle

Comment

I think Buffy's house, the exteriors, are shot on location in a neighborhood in... Van Nuys, I think? Pasadena? Not sure, but that is not on Wisteria Lane, because that whole thing is a set.
        sigpic
        Banner by LRae12

Comment

Actually, the first season of Buffy was all shot on location as far as her house goes. I believe that the episode When She Was Bad was the last time they shot any on location interiors at Buffy's house. From that point on everything was shot on a set. It wasn't until season 7 , or it may have been 6, that they returned to the house to shoot some scenes. But, even then they never shot the interiors, those were all done on set, but they did shoot the exterior backyard scenes on location.
          The good fight, yeah? - You never know until you've been tested. - I get that now. - Doyle

Comment

Frontyard exteriors were shot on location at the house, too. Joss mentions in one of the commentaries, "Chosen" maybe, that he included a shot of Buffy on the front porch simply because they'd gone all the way out there and hadn't needed to shoot, so he added the shot.

I didn't realize that *any* of the interiors were ever shot on location.
            sigpic
            Banner by LRae12

Comment

Yeah, the first season or so was, and the house was owned by an elderly couple. They had no problem with it and that was actually their front window that was broken when Buffy threw Angel through it in the ep Angel. The set crew replaced it with a new removable glass, so for the few other times on location where someone was thrown though that window they would remove the real window and put in a fake version.

Eventually though the neighbors started complaining about all of the noise late at night, since most of the shooting took place at night time. That was when they made the decision to switch the interiors to a controlled set environment.

Comment

OH, yeah they probably did mean Buffyverse then.

Cell- Hmm I would have loved to have a fliming next door to me, and wouldn't care about the noises, but I guess that's just me.

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

I dunno, it looks a little like the streets you see the Gentlemen floating around in 'Hush.' That's my best guess.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I just went back and rewatched the episode Underneath, and they do say that is where Desperate Housewives is filmed, so that would be the one.

Willow's Tara- I wouldn't mind either, but I can understand why some people wouldn't want their sleep interrupted and such.

Comment

That might have been where I learned that Wisteria Lane, itself, was a massive set. That or on an Entertainment Tonight or something -- I don't really watch the show.

As far as noise, that's still not as bad as the entire show getting kicked out of Torrance High.
                      sigpic
                      Banner by LRae12

Comment

If they were filming in a house next to me I wouldnt care, I would Bake them cookies or bring them snacks and Say Please come back again LOL.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                          As far as noise, that's still not as bad as the entire show getting kicked out of Torrance High.
                          Make that Torrance completely, not just the high school

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                            Make that Torrance completely, not just the high school
                            I must be one of the few who has heard about it but is still basically clueless. When did they get kicked out, was it because of the noise?
                            Avie by Lrae12

Comment

Working...
                            X