The Unstoppable Scooby Gang!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unstoppable Scooby Gang!

Willow's just starting to resurface, but she disappears once in awhile, there's several new Slayers, Dawn's busy dealing with her own thing, and Giles is in England and not speaking to Buffy, so these raise a question: Who are the Scoobies? Who do you consider the Scoobies now? Are Andrew and Faith now wearing the jacket or has Giles turned his in?

*Can a Mod edit the poll, I clicked "multiple votes" but it's didn't go through. I hate polls.
    Andrew
    16.67%
    Buffy
    33.33%
    Dawn
    0.00%
    Faith
    0.00%
    Giles
    0.00%
    Leah
    0.00%
    Renee
    0.00%
    Rowena
    0.00%
    Satsu
    8.33%
    Willow
    0.00%
    Xander
    41.67%
    Other
    0.00%
    Last edited by Thomas; 10-02-08, 08:14 PM.

I think that the scoobies are Buffy, Willow and Xander. But on this moment, they aren't complete anymore. It's sad but it happens. There is some kind of riff between Willow and Buffy & Xander. Maybe it will end up fine, maybe not.
    But I don't know if you can already talk about a new gang, it's too early.

So, it's still Willow, Xander and Buffy.

Comment

It's a very good question.

My first thoughts are that despite being very interesting characters, I wouldn't count renee, leah, rowena or even satsu as a scooby. They aren't in the command structure of the new model slayers nor do they have the history that the others share.

Faith i don't think has ever really been a scoob. she's far too much of a lone wolf and i don't think she is close enough to any of the core four to qualify through that route either. Her history and actions seem to place her off to one side somewhat. Really the only people i could really give a hope of being a new scoob would be andrew and dawn. Both of these two have shown themselves capable of becoming an integral part of slayer central and both seem to be accepted as an integral part of things by all involved.

This brings us to the thorny subject of giles. Despite the fact that he is somewhat alienated in his present situation and that relations are obviously strained between he and buffy i would still count him as a scoob. He is after all a founder member of the core four and he shares so much history that i feel he is till an integral part of buffy's life. A part that is being splintered, true but i would hope that when push comes to shove he will still be there for buffy and still be part of her 'family'.
      JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
      Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

Core Four + Dawn. Actually, I pretty much just count anyone who was ever in the opening credits of the show as a Scooby. All of the new Slayers can be close with Buffy and Xander, fine, but they'll never be Scoobs. It'll always be the Sunnydale gang (sans Andrew).
        The story's kinda bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who needs to return the ring back to Mordor.

Comment

Well, I voted Andrew as a member of the Scooby Gang, since you can only choose one person.

The complete gang to me would be Buffy, Willow, Xander, Dawn, + Andrew as the new member. In Season 6 he was a villain, yet he reformed his ways. In Season 7 he took fight in the final battle and Buffy trusted him to deal with Angel and Spike in AtS. Plus, he's gained Watcher status and is heading a group of his own Slayers; that's Scooby trustage in my opinion.

Even though Buffy and the others seem to be having a drift between them at the moment, that doesn't mean they are any less part of the gang. Willow turned evil in Season 6 and yet in Season 7 she was still part of the gang. I guess I bring that up to support my opinion of no matter what the gang goes through, they are still a part of the center circle.

The new slayers aren't part of the gang, from how I see it. They don't really have ties with the other five, seeing as how they're so new at the fight and to us as readers. They have to earn the title of a Scooby, which takes a while. On the topic of Giles & Faith.. I see them as maybe estranged members? Giles leaves sometimes, and now it seems as he's severed a tie with Buffy for now, so we'll see how that goes. And with Faith, she never was a core member, but she has proved herself once or twice. She's always made her own way, though.
          icon credit: vampkiss.

Comment

Buffy, Willow, Xander and Dawn. I don't like Andrew so he is out for me, and the rest too

Comment

Originally posted by LaJaula View Post
              Core Four + Dawn. Actually, I pretty much just count anyone who was ever in the opening credits of the show as a Scooby.
              I agree with this. I'd also put Andrew in the mix, considering his present role in the group. He's to Scoobies in season 8 as Spike is to Scoobies in season 4.

Comment

Scoobies

Currently, I think that Buffy, Xander, Willow, Dawn, and Satsu are the Scoobies. And if Xanee works out, Renee, dating a member is like an instant ticket in.

I chose Satsu because, Buffy calls her "my best fighter" in 'A Beautiful Sunset' and also tells her she could "lead the squad one day." Satsu is clearly seen as a tiny bit superior than the others, as seen in 'The Long Way Home' when she gets chosen on the mission to save Willow.

I don't know about Andrew yet, I'll decide on him after 'Wolves at the Gate.'

Comment

I've always felt that the Scooby gang consists of the Cour Four no matter what, because they were the foundations and who brought it all together. Then I add on very close people who interacted with the core four a lot as a group, and who were accepted by the group. Which only really includes Dawn at this stage of the series (Anya in later seasons and Cordy during s2.)

Satsu, Leah, Renee ect are all great characters thus far but they aren't scoobies. Their the slayers, it could change eventually. But right now IMO the most active members of the Scooby gang are Buffy, Willow, Xander and Dawn.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Working...
                  X