Joss Whedon's "Fantastic Four"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joss Whedon's "Fantastic Four"

Which is your favorite Joss Whedon's "Fantastic Four" episode?

I voted for The Body because for me, it is definitely Joss's master piece, both with writings and direction, especially with direction.
    Hush
    26.67%
    Restless
    22.22%
    The Body
    31.11%
    Once More, With Feeling
    20.00%
    sigpic

I voted for 'Hush', but I prefer 'Innocence' and 'Becoming' to all of these options.

'Restless' was fun, but it can't beat 'Hush'. I really liked 'Hush'. But they were both funny, had the real BtVS-feeling and had some creepy.

To be honest, I think 'The Body' and 'Once More With Feeling' are slightly overrated, the first is too slow and and too much drama, and the last has no real plot at all (and an OOC Xander, yes that still bothers me. ). They are special, but not the best. It's great that he made this episodes, and the episodes aren't bad at all, but I don't think that they are fantastic. Besides, I always have the 'Give me an Emmy, NOW!' feeling when I'm watching these 2 episodes. And I think Joss deserves an Emmy, but not for 'OMWF' or 'the Body' but for 'Innocence'.

Nina
    and her haircut.
    Last edited by Nina; 09-02-08, 11:33 PM.

Comment

The Body!
      I mean, it was really amazingly directed, but I also think that "Fantastic Four" is kind of overrated. No doubt that they are really different than the other episodes and that they get attention, but there are other "fantastic" episodes..
      Body is just a great episode, which was well written and directed like I mentioned before, so I believe that it is worth to be my favourite
      sigpic

Comment

Restless. Restless will always be my favorite Buffy episode. I kind of wish this was a multiple vote one.. because I wanted to vote for others too!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. there's no other episode in the Buffyverse that can still be talked about as much as Restless can. Between the different dreams, the foreshadowing, and the cryptic messages.. the episode's a masterpiece. And don't forget the groundbreaking score.
        sigpic

-Sig by BlasterBoy-

Comment

I'm agreeing with Nostalgia here... i'd say Restless for all the reasons he's listed.
          Hush was a very close second.
          Then The Body and OMWF.

x
          "Blue in the face with a choking regret."

Comment

For me it's Hush, The Body and OMWF are both brilliant but Hush is an episode I never get bored of watching and it is so creepy. I think most people on here no my views on Restless lol I'm not saying it's rubbish or anything but I find it very boring so that would be bottom for me out of these 4.
            sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I'm not sure if someone can do their due diligence and come up with a "top 10 Buffy episode" list that doesn't find room for all four of these.

I voted for "Restless" -- I think it was a brilliant device, the first of two episodes in a row that exist primarily to look back at what has come before. Now that we're into Season 8, "Restless" becomes almost the midway point of the Buffyverse so far, and it's fitting that the episode shows us so much detail into who the main characters are and what matters to them.
              sigpic
              Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                I voted for 'Hush', but I prefer 'Innocence' and 'Becoming' to all of these options.

'Restless' was fun, but it can't beat 'Hush'. I really liked 'Hush'. But they were both funny, had the real BtVS-feeling and had some creepy.

To be honest, I think 'The Body' and 'Once More With Feeling' are slightly overrated, the first is too slow and and too much drama, and the last has no real plot at all (and an OOC Xander, yes that still bothers me. ). They are special, but not the best. It's great that he made this episodes, and the episodes aren't bad at all, but I don't think that they are fantastic. Besides, I always have the 'Give me an Emmy, NOW!' feeling when I'm watching these 2 episodes. And I think Joss deserves an Emmy, but not for 'OMWF' or 'the Body' but for 'Innocence'.

I'm sorry, but to say that the body was too slow and too much drama is wrong because that is exactly what Joss was trying to acheive in this episodes. Joss has said that he wanted to convey the first 12 hours after death were everything is slow and boring. I think it was a perfect way to convey what is clearly the worst thing the audience every had to watch Buffy going through.

Comment

I never heard his comments about 'The Body', in this case I will say it different;

'I think that 'The Body' is too slow and too boring. I don't have to see in every episode fighting and demons, but this one lost my attention after 20 minutes. It's a good episode, the acting is great and it's heartbreaking, but it was too long for me.'

Comment

I voted for Hush. To me it's just a perfect episode, it's creepy and funny. The Gentlemen is definitley my favorite "monsters"!

But it was honestly very hard to decide because I think that all four episodes are very good. OMWF is one of my favorites, I just love the songs. Restless is a very interesting and different episode. I don't think that The Body is boring at all, it's very sad and moving. But anyway, I voted for Hush..

Comment

Originally posted by Jennixfer View Post
                      I voted for Hush. To me it's just a perfect episode
                      I agree. It is The Perfect Episode.
                      I am the one who has disappeared. The way you look through me, I know I'm the one who has disappeared.

Comment

The Body is a masterpiece. It is the best episode of any television show ever made, in my opinion. From the flawless direction to the stunnning performances, to the raw power of it, nothing can compare to The Body.
                        Why are you reading this when there's a great Xander picture to look at? Come on, you know you want to!

Comment

Hush is a tad overrated in my opinion. It's a great episode, but it has one key flaw that knocks it down a few pegs for me, speech. After everyone loses their voices we have a great scene where someone drops a coffee cup and the shattering sound is tragic top everyone around. That scene loses a lot of its impact though when later we hear the vocoder in the elevator at the Initiative speak and then hear the computer vocoder for Walsh speak as well. We also hear the news reporter talk. The episode loses a lot of it's impact because of these moments of speech, it takes away from the true silence that can only be broken by a shattering object when we hear other forms of speech during the silence.

Personally I wouldn't out any of these as Joss' best work, Becoming, Pt.2 or Graduation Day, Pt 1 would have that honors. They are all great episodes, but I feel they fall a bit behind those two.
                          The good fight, yeah? - You never know until you've been tested. - I get that now. - Doyle

Comment

After everyone loses their voices we have a great scene where someone drops a coffee cup and the shattering sound is tragic top everyone around. That scene loses a lot of its impact though when later we hear the vocoder in the elevator at the Initiative speak and then hear the computer vocoder for Walsh speak as well. We also hear the news reporter talk.
                            I really agree with you on that, for me that, was a mistake.
                            sigpic

Comment

Difficult call- all four are each brilliant in their own ways, so I had to go with gut- Restless, was my final call- I think one reason I like this ep so much is partly because I totally did not get it when I first watched it, and didn't get the whole way through the ep, until I watched it again and totally saw it in a different light and loved it.

Comment

I of course voted for The Body because that one is one of my all time faves. Hush is in the fave list too. But if this was a poll about which episode was Joss' best work, then I would go for Once More With Feeling. I know, I know, I think I just gave a few people a heart attack cause they know how I feel about the episode (can't stand it) but it took a lot of guts to do what he did. He basically started the whole tv show's having musicals ie. Scrubs. To come up with songs and dances that fit with the season is an amazing feat so I do give him props. Then again this is a poll on our faves so yeah The Body for sure. It's just a brilliant, touching piece of work that will get to you every time you watch it. Anya's speech.
                                T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

The Body, i watched it again last week, and i just remember how amazing it was, and how much i cried!
                                  and the fact that it was silent with no music and stuff was genius! it created such an amazing atmosphere!

[x]Nat[x] ♥ I'm a blood sucking fiend! look at my outfit!♥

is this reading material really appropriate for a school? blood rights and sacrifices... chess club branching out?

Comment

Hush-The only one out of the three that I actually Like.
                                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                    X