Favourite Character Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Character Episode

Most of the characters had an episode which was about them. Like, Buffy, Angel, Willow, Xander, Spike.. etc.

What do you think about these character-centruic episodes?
    Were they good ideas?
    Which one that was "aired" was your favourite?
    Which other character would you want as a character-centruic episode?

Here are the ones that are most common:

Spike-Fool For Love
    Buffy-Normal Again
    Willow-Doppelgangland
    Xander-The Zeppo
    Anya-Selfless
    Tara-Family
    Angel-Angel
    Faith-This Year's Girl
    Spike-Fool For Love
    22.83%
    Buffy-Normal Again
    11.96%
    Angel-Angel
    8.70%
    Faith-This Year's Girl
    5.43%
    Willow-Doppelgangland
    14.13%
    Xander-The Zeppo
    17.39%
    Anya-Selfless
    11.96%
    Tara-Family
    6.52%
    Other-Who?
    1.09%
    Last edited by basakbangel; 07-11-07, 07:54 PM.
    sigpic
    -Set by DeadLoversDawn from Evthreads-

I think Fool For Love will win this but I had to vote for it as it's fantastic in terms of fleshing out his character. We literally see Spike 'put together'.

I also voted for Normal Again. It was interesting that Buffy has the strength to choose the less favourable existence.

I would have voted for Faith's This Years Girl but although I like that arcI prefer Who are You.

But they are all great eps as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Great thread
      I voted for fool for love, normal again and doppelgangland.
      Fool for love- I like to watch Spike's past life with the vampire gang. I think you should have put Lies my parents told me too! This episode was all about Spike.

Normal Again- It was such an interesting episode to me. It was complicated with Buffy's thoughts and her past life. So, I really liked this episode, too.

Doppelgangland- It was funny to see Willow acting like a vampire. She was so worried and funny!

Comment

I voted for "The Zeppo", "Fool For Love", and "Selfless".

If there is a way to edit the poll, I think Giles and "The Dark Age" merit separate consideration from 'other'.
        sigpic
        Banner by LRae12

Comment

Nice thread
          I've voted for Doppelgangland, Fool For Love and Normal Again.

Doppelgangland: I love Vampwillow Scoobies' behave so funny when they see Willow alive They all hug her, then Giles joins etc, the atmosphere of the episode is cool

Normal Again: It's a unique episode. Buffy faces herself and the truths about herself here. It's different form the other episodes basicly.

Fool For Love: Spike is one of my favourite characters and to know him better, see his past is great
          sigpic

Comment

I voted for "Fool for Love" and "Normal Again", although, upon reflection, I should've probably voted for "Selfless", too.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Loved Zeppo and Doppelgangland. Xander gets so much garbage dumped on him sometimes, it was nice for him to finally get a bone thrown his way. And I loved the moment he had with Cordelia at the end of the episode.

Doppelgangland was also a really fun episode. Just too many fun moments in this episode, I especially love the subtle reference to Willow possibly being gay.

A few other character-centered shows I liked were the last 2 that involved Oz, New Moon Rising and Wild at Heart.

Comment

Loved most of these eps, but voted Family since not only is it Tara centric, but also really set a tone for the family theme of season five.

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                  I voted for "The Zeppo", "Fool For Love", and "Selfless".

If there is a way to edit the poll, I think Giles and "The Dark Age" merit separate consideration from 'other'.
                  Yeah or, a New Man. Love that ep.
                  I voted for Doppelgangland and Angel. Angel was the beginning of my Buffy addiction... David shirtless, a vampire being good.. and smooching him! , and the cool scene when Buffy sees Angel over her bloody mother, then cut to: window smashing, Angel landing outside.. AWESOME. So different from anything else. Gotta love David Greenwalt.
                  And Doppelgangland simply because it's such a neatly packed episode full of so much funny.
                  sigpic

Comment

I Like Fool for Love Its just an amazing Episode. How he Explains How He killed 2 slayers including Nikki Wood.
                    sigpic

Comment

For me it's 'Fool for love' and 'The Zeppo'.

Both of these episodes are just superb.

When it comes to FFL the whole production looked beautiful as well as have a crackingly good script. It worked so well in tearing down, and yet somehow building up Spikes character, and making him all the richer for it.

I think in hindsight worked far better then in what they tried to do in 'Selfless' which somehow didn't seem to work half as well for me somehow.

'The Zeppo' had the most wonderfully witty script, and really succeeded in letting us the viewer know hat it must be like to Xander, to always be on the edge of the action so to speak. Also it also gave the writers some excuse to take few light hearted 'pot shots' at Buffy and Angels relationship, with poor Xander walking in on them both in mid 'angst'.

The wonderful climax of the plot where Xander truly comes into his own, is just superb. A classic.
                      Last edited by sueworld; 08-11-07, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Selfless all the way for me.

Any ep where Anya gets to play a big part is always a good thing and the flashabacks are pricelessly funny Anya pieces.

Balance this with the angst of Xander, Willows attempt at intervention and Buffy's hard headed practicality to balance this and a grteat dramtic, nailbiting fight and the result is classic Buffage.

It might have been different if Villains or Two to go was up there though.
                        JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
                        Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

I have to say FOOL FOR LOVE, but Selfless is a close second.
                          "Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."
                          - Spike
                          http://world3.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=383001568

Comment

Spike, FFL. I really love that episode and I didn't mind at all the fact that Spike was taking screentime. It was really great by writing and directing.

Comment

I voted for 'The Zeppo' and 'Dopplegangland.'

Both were so witty and so hillarious and I love episodes centered around the core scoobies. I enjoyed 'Dopplegangland' more because in all honesty, it had to be one of the best comedic episodes in the shows history (far better than Tabula Rasa IMO.) And 'The Zeppo' was fantastic was an insight into Xander, Bangel paying itself out, and the show paying out its own dramas concerning the end of the world.

I enjoyed all the episodes on the list though, FFL and Selfless deserve special mention aswell.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I gotta throw in an 'other' vote for "No Future For You", the 'third' 'episode' of Season 8 (8.06 to 8.09). It's only three fourths of the way through, and it's already the most affecting story for her character that they've ever told. Incidentally, the plot of the story, written by Brian K. Vaughan, is the same, generally, as his idea for a Faith TV movie was.
                                sigpic
                                Banner by LRae12

Comment

I agree with "No Future For You.." It's definetly one of the most Faith centric pieces that has been written for the Buffyverse. Especially with the fourth piece of it still coming.. which I have a feeling with open up a lot of confusion with her thoughts on Buffy.

The final scene alone with Buffy and Faith showed that Faith still has jealousy and still hasn't forgiven Buffy for what happened 6 years ago.
                                  sigpic

-Sig by BlasterBoy-

Comment

Good list of episodes. I thought you could just vote for one, so I went with FFL -- just a tour de force of acting, and too many great scenes to count.

I love Zeppo -- but it bugged me that the movement in Xander's character in that episode never really went anywhere. (Or if it did, it was subtle). In addition to being a good episode for Xander, it deserves special mention for the way it sidelines the 'main' action. Just a cool narrative form.

Normal Again and Selfless deserve special mention also. And Doppelgangland. Gack. Just melting into a puddle of "I love Buffy" goo.
                                    sigpic
                                    "I don't want to be this good-looking and athletic. We all have crosses to bear." Banner Credit: Vampmogs

Comment

Fool For Love- hands down my favorite Buffy episode of all!! I love how it tells the "Spike Story" from William the Bloody Poet to William the Bloody Vampire. I like the way it reveals who Spike really was deep at heart.

The sexual tension (And if I am exhibiting my Spuffy delusions just let me live there - do not try to acclimate me to "reality"! LOL) between Buffy and Spike through the whole "lessons" approach was delicious! And then to end with Spike about to blow the Slayer away only to comfort her on her back porch? *sigh* priceless...
                                      -TP<3
                                      "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                                      - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Family. Not only is Tara my favourite character, but this episode goes really indepth and shows a lot more real life than some other episodes, I'm not saying that everyday demons get turned invisible - unless that's why none are running around :P - but the fact she doesn't want them to know who she really is, so she hides from them, is highly realistic

Comment

Working...
                                        X