Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Season Finale

Hey there!
    What do you think about the season finales? Which is your favourite one, and why?
    I don't actually know mine and to be honest, Ive never thought about that..
    So, What's yours?
    ps: I paid attention to the season8 lovers so I'm adding s8 finale too..
    Season 1: Prophecy Girl
    1.61%
    Season 2: Becoming Part1&2
    29.03%
    Season 3: Graduation Part1&2
    1.61%
    Season 4: Restless
    12.90%
    Season 5: Gift
    25.81%
    Season 6: Grave
    8.06%
    Season 7:Chosen
    20.97%
    Season 8: Anywhere But Here
    0.00%
    sigpic

The gift... Allways the gift! I am so in love with that Episode. It has all you need in a finale episode. Action, Drama, Comedy and even death! I just love it.

Comment

I love the dream idea of Restless and the themes that ran through it, so i chose it!
      But i have to say i also loved Chosen, because it was so well written.
      Then it would have to be Graduation pt1&2, i loved buffy in season 3! And it was a great end to the series.
      "Blue in the face with a choking regret."

Comment

Totally The Gift. I'm like in love with that episode! It's probably my favorite episode actually. Its got everything a finale should have! A prefect ending to the perfect season, IMO.
        "Go deadness for the demons!"

Comment

Originally posted by omri View Post
          The gift... Allways the gift! I am so in love with that Episode. It has all you need in a finale episode. Action, Drama, Comedy and even death! I just love it.
          Yes, Gift is so suitable to be a finale episode, there's everything!!And so dramatic! But I'm still hesitated for my decision..Becoming was dramatic too! But it's not good enough to be my favouorite Graduation? Maybe. It was nice, included action and everything..I wouldnt even think about saying "Restless", okay it kinda shows us the events which are going to happen in the future but what else? IMO Primeval is more like a season finale instead of Restles..
          Grave? Maybe. That was so breath-taking and action,drama everythng was there. The last scenes made me cry..[Both Willow&Xander and Buffy&Dawn conversations]
          sigpic

Comment

Restless was AMAZING as a finale. not as much.. but it was good.
            I think The gift is the best choice bye far.. It has all of this elements that the rest of the finale episode don't have or have but not enough.
            Besides, in the end of the episode where they show Buffy's grave.. that is priceless... ."Saved the world alot!"

Comment

Yes, youre right with choosing "Gift" Omri, however, I still dont agree that Restless was amazing at all Okay, Ill watch it again and see if my decision changes..
              sigpic

Comment

I chose Chosen. But I can't help it because I am a total sucker for that score. There's a lot of great scenes in the ep but without that super awesome music and that Buffy speech, I probably would have voted for something else. Probably The Gift, even though I think is insanely overrated.

I am also a sucker for series enders. I always love to watch how shows end, what the include, what surprises there will be. There are plenty of tv shows that I love the last episode of.
                sigpic
                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I voted for season 2's but I really wanted to vote for three of them! Why weren't we able too?!!!! I went for season 2 because I love how Buffy sacrificed her 1st love and afterwards knew she couldn't go back home. Seeing her watch her friends from afar was touching. I actually like Buffy alone a lot of the time so seeing that was good. Saying that I wanted to vote for season 3 and 5 as well. Season 3 because it is the best season in the series imo. It was the best way to end highschool. Who never thought what it would be like if the school blew up? Honestly? Granted it was kind of a waste to blow it up after they graduated. They should have done it earlier so they wouldn't have to go to school. And season 5's for obvious reason's. The fact that we weren't positive that Btvs was coming back made the finale that much better.
                  T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

My favourite is The Gift, because it taps into the essence of Buffy's character, and of the Slayer's role in general: self-sacrifice. The swan-dive and Spike's breakdown make me choke up every single time.

My second favourite finale is Grave, because it brings the season full-circle in the most creative way, with Buffy again climbing out of the grave to face a different, more hopeful world, and getting back on track after a year's distraction from her purpose ("No. It hasn't been. It hasn't been okay...")

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

I should point out that 8.10 "Anywhere But Here" isn't a season finale -- not even at the halfway point. In TV episode terms, it's basically the 4th episode.

I think that the best season finale was very close between "Prophecy Girl", "The Gift", and "Restless". The only way I can narrow them is to basically rate them as I'd rate the episodes as episodes, which is "Restless".
                      sigpic
                      Banner by LRae12

Comment

I am also a sucker for series enders. I always love to watch how shows end, what the include, what surprises there will be. There are plenty of tv shows that I love the last episode of.
                        Exactly!! This is mostly why I "choose Chosen" , as you said, for the score and Buffy's speech and also for Goddess Willow and "I love you" scene, the "Champion" and the "That's my girl" scene. I just love every second of that episode like the two seconds where you see Buffy and Spike meeting in the basement, just beautiful. I guess you figured it was my favorite Buffy episode ever
                        sigpic

Comment

I was also confused with the Anywhere but Here.. cause it's not the season finale. That's yet to come.
                          I went with Becoming, by basically picking which finale I would rather watch generally. The Gift would actually be my least favourite season finale.. yeah it's good, but it doesn't do too much for me... might be because I get pissed that Buffy has to jump off, heh.
                          Also love Restless, Grad Day, and Chosen.. Prophecy Girl has some great moments as well, love that Buffy can die in one act, then be alive again in the next killing the Master "And save the hypnosis crap for the tourists" ..possibly my favourite Buffy banter and fight line.
                          sigpic

Comment

Gift all the way! The main thing in the gift was that Buffy sacrifices herself for Dawn. Also, she was stuck in the idea of ''Death is your gift''. It was such a dramatic episode, I loved it. I almost cried when I was watching it. Great thread Selen

Comment

Hmm... That's hard to choose one because Buffy finales are generally amazing and meaningful. I have 2 favourites: The Gift and Becoming.

The Gift: There's no need to say that It was amazing and upsetting. I wish I could've watched it without knowing the end of the episodes but I knew so I watched the episode with knowing that Buffy would die.. Still pretty and awesome!! and sometimes I think that the Gift would be perfect as the "real finale" I mean the Serie Finalle. It'd be so cool.

Becoming: It has always been special for me and always gonna be. It was perfectly directed and played in my opinion because I adore every part of it. And I said this like millions of time but again I will, the first time I watched I was at dershane and I felt so depressive and at the breaktimes I was just going to the curtains to hide that I feel upset.. A heartbreaking end and just sad..
                              sigpic
                              -Set by DeadLoversDawn from Evthreads-

Comment

Originally posted by spuffbeste View Post
                                Gift all the way! The main thing in the gift was that Buffy sacrifices herself for Dawn. Also, she was stuck in the idea of ''Death is your gift''. It was such a dramatic episode, I loved it. I almost cried when I was watching it. Great thread Selen
                                You're welcome, yes actually I'm now sure of my answer..I'll vote for Gift ..I mean as a Season Finale, I don't think that I can find a better one Yeah Beste, I almost cried too! Plus, I agree with you about being struck in the idea of "Death is you gift".
                                selenspuffy
                                winter lady
                                Last edited by selenspuffy; 26-10-07, 11:55 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

I voted for Restless, because it's so deep and intimate. It deals with the characters' vulnerabilities, their hopes, dreams and concerns. I just love the flow of it and how atmospheric it is, and that music; Oh for the love of pudding, THAT MUSIC!

P.S. I feel bad for Grad Day 1&2. No votes? At all? What gives? Season Three is such awesomeness, and that finale does it justice. Faith and Buffy throwing each other around like rag dolls, that epic battle during the graduation ceremony, Snyder gets eaten, The Mayor's a big snake and the school goes Ka-Boom! Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by basakbangel View Post
                                    The Gift: There's no need to say that It was amazing and upsetting. I wish I could've watched it without knowing the end of the episodes but I knew so I watched the episode with knowing that Buffy would die.. Still pretty and awesome!! and sometimes I think that the Gift would be perfect as the "real finale" I mean the Serie Finalle. It'd be so cool.
                                    That's funny. When I watched it I didn't know she was going to die, and I was so pissed off! LOL I didn't know if it was going to return or not, and had to ask my boss at work because he watched Buffy and had the internet. He was in mouring before he found out about a new season... so funny. I loved watching the Buffy season6 promos during the summer, around the time of the Australian Open, where Buffy's hand comes out of the grave.. which is prolly my fav part of the season... (cept OMWF ofcourse).. all down hill after that .. heh, almost.
                                    sigpic

Comment

I ended up voting for Becoming...partly because S2 is my all-time fav season, but there's also the sword fighting, the drama...this episode draws you in and makes you an intimiate participant of the pain & drama going on throughout...the fact that Buffy has to kill her soul-mate just as she gets him back breaks my heart, but makes me proud of her, that she was able to do what needed to be done.

The Gift is another fave of mine...I still cry at the end, and I already know what's gonna happen, but again, I'm brought into the story and really feel for these people and also grieve the loss of Buffy...it's a heartbreaking ep. I love the fact that Buffy stands up for her sister no matter what, knowing that everyone else may die, and frankly tells Giles that if Dawn also dies, the last thing she'll see is her big sister protecting her...

Okay, and then theres Grave....I also cry here, but I love the end of the ep, that there's hope, for everyone....I love that Xander finally gets to save the world, and it's him because he knows Willow better than anyone else, and he knew how to reach her...he realized what was required to break through her barrier. And Buffy realizing that it was time to let her little sister grow up and realizing that she wanted to be the one to show Dawn the world.
                                      It's blood...It's just like mine.
                                      It doesn't matter where you came from or how you got here.

You are my sister.

Comment

There are so many reasons for each of them- I think every single one of the finales had something special. The score in Chosen, as JenniLou says, is amazing. Restless was just so beautiful. Love dream sequences, and an entire ep which is even the season finale- gutsy. The pain in season two is terrible and moving. Grad Day was awesome, also coz it was an amazing closure to the entire first three seasons, a real door closing stating "no more school, next season we're going someplace else".

But, for me, that opener in season five's finale- the quick flashes from "hi, I'm Buffy" through to racing in the alleyway, "You're just a girl", "That's what I keep saying". That's it, to me. So, I vote The Gift.

Comment

Working...
                                        X