Willow Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willow Relations

It won't be complicated, don't worry. All I'm saying is choose selection that fits your thought
    Willow was better when she was straight
    24.07%
    I loved the time that she was all comlicated with what she thinks (Oz or Tara)
    1.85%
    Willow was better when she was lesbian
    22.22%
    I don't care about what she chooses I just love Willow
    50.00%
    Other
    1.85%
    Last edited by basakbangel; 16-08-07, 10:27 AM.
    sigpic
    -Set by DeadLoversDawn from Evthreads-

You misspelled 'lesbian'.

Comment

I really don't care who she's with. But i did like her a little bit more with tara. what i want to say is if she would be with tara but came back to Oz i wouldn't mind really.

Comment

I loved willow when she was with tara, i dont know what it was but i thought she really helped tara (because she was really shy at first) and devolped alot with her through her magics to another side of willow which we all love.

Comment

I loved Willow so It's not going to be easy but, I loved her straight especially with Oz. But that doesn't mean I didn't love her with Tara. I did love her with Tara too but not my first place. As amy1234 said Willow helped Tara a lot with her self-development. and that's important.
          sigpic

Comment

I liked when Willow was straight, not because of her sexuality but because this just happened to be the time period I enjoyed her character most in. I loved Willow throughout all seven series, she is one of my faves. However, I found her most enjoyable during the highschool years, in particular s3. Whether or not this had anything to do with her being straight or gay, well I don't believe so, but I liked her best then.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
              I liked when Willow was straight, not because of her sexuality but because this just happened to be the time period I enjoyed her character most in. I loved Willow throughout all seven series, she is one of my faves. However, I found her most enjoyable during the highschool years, in particular s3. Whether or not this had anything to do with her being straight or gay, well I don't believe so, but I liked her best then.
              Yes! I loved her nerdy, funny and enjoyable look.. Also helpful and ready to do her best. In season 2 and 3 I really loved the fact that she is not shy as season 1 . I think It was the balance she didn't have that much problems and I could feel it clearly that she was way happier than later seasons. She was the "optimistic", talented high school girl. With Oz she was happier cuter and maybe because of the less problems.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by basakbangel View Post
                Yes! I loved her nerdy, funny and enjoyable look.. Also helpful and ready to do her best. In season 2 and 3 I really loved the fact that she is not shy as season 1 . I think It was the balance she didn't have that much problems and I could feel it clearly that she was way happier than later seasons. She was the "optimistic", talented high school girl. With Oz she was happier cuter and maybe because of the less problems.
                Exactly. It had nothing to do with her sexual preferences but how she acted in the time she was 'straight.' Realising she liked women did change her character, IMO not always for the best. This has nothing to do with her being gay, I don't have a problem with that and it always felt very natural to me. However, just the way she spoke and acted changed, not a bad or unrealistic thing but I just liked s3 Willow better. One scene that always sticks in my mind is the opening scene of Faith Hope and Trick when Oz and Xander have to drag her across the road of Sunnydale High because she was to scared to use her senior privellages of having lunch outside of school grounds. I loved this Willow, she is just great.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Exactly. It had nothing to do with her sexual preferences but how she acted in the time she was 'straight.' Realising she liked women did change her character, IMO not always for the best. This has nothing to do with her being gay, I don't have a problem with that and it always felt very natural to me. However, just the way she spoke and acted changed, not a bad or unrealistic thing but I just liked s3 Willow better. One scene that always sticks in my mind is the opening scene of Faith Hope and Trick when Oz and Xander have to drag her across the road of Sunnydale High because she was to scared to use her senior privellages of having lunch outside of school grounds. I loved this Willow, she is just great.
                  Yes, I do remember that scene too which the is great scene that shows me the Willow I love too. I don't have any problem with her "being-gay" but still she wasn't the old Willow(I don't understand but some things changed with her actions and reactions. She was funnier in s3 or s2 and maybe the very begining of s4. Wasn't she happier and funnier? I think she was. Also, I don't have any problems with Tara but with Tara, Willow's developments and changes started in a different way. Sometimes I miss seasons, episodes and characters to watch. And I miss the s2 or s3 Willow.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by basakbangel View Post
                    Yes, I do remember that scene too which the is great scene that shows me the Willow I love too. I don't have any problem with her "being-gay" but still she wasn't the old Willow(I don't understand but some things changed with her actions and reactions. She was funnier in s3 or s2 and maybe the very begining of s4. Wasn't she happier and funnier? I think she was. Also, I don't have any problems with Tara but with Tara, Willow's developments and changes started in a different way. Sometimes I miss seasons, episodes and characters to watch. And I miss the s2 or s3 Willow.
                    She did seem more carefree and happy but then again, so did all the other characters back then. Willow was def happier at the start of s4 but a lot of her sudden change was because of Oz and not Tara. She did change quite a lot in the way she acted, Willow would never say such things as "baby" like she did in later years, her persona changed completely. To be expected but I just prefer old Willow, though I love them both.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

She did seem more carefree and happy but then again, so did all the other characters back then. Willow was def happier at the start of s4 but a lot of her sudden change was because of Oz and not Tara. She did change quite a lot in the way she acted, Willow would never say such things as "baby" like she did in later years, her persona changed completely. To be expected but I just prefer old Willow, though I love them both.
                      Yes, you're right. It was because of Oz, I remembered right now that she was acting awkard when Oz left her to go to Tibet. And the "awkardness" didn't change until Tara. Although she met Tara, her personallity already changed and there was nothing to do with it. Baby? yes, just think of a s2 Willow; saying "baby" . Although the reason was Oz, I just loved her more with Oz. Maybe It's because I loved less-mature Willow more, not the "woman". But as you said I lOVE Willow character a lot-really. One of my favourites. Maybe my favourite but like you I prefer old Willow.
                      sigpic

Comment

I just love Willow no matter what. Who she dates doesn't make her a different person. Willow is still the same Willow when she dated males and females. That's why I like Willow so much she did grow darker as the series progressed but she still had that goofy, funny side to her. Like I said before Willow is great no matter who she dates.
                        East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Comment

Willow's development (unfortunately) mirrored Buffy's to a large degree- by which I mean; the loss of innocence shaped her into a darker person.

Actually, I think Willow is more like Faith than Buffy in that regard- she believes she can touch the darkness but not get caught up in it, which Buffy doesn't- she is afraid of (for example) what being with Spike will mean for her, what taking 'extra' demon doses will do for her- she's all too aware of the loss of humanity which I think Willow (Ms. Quickfix) is not so aware of.

My point is, I don't think the changes in Willow's character are shaped by who she's with, or their gender. Tara was a witch who supported (initially) the exploration into the magics, which Oz (werewolf) did not. Natural progression from a school relationship to a uni relationship- more doors are opened, more boundaries crossed. Oz had had more of a taste of the dark, being a werewolf, was more aware of the potential for power backfiring, therefore urged Willow to be more cautious. Tara had (my interpretation) only used magic for good and didn't in her heart believe it could be bad, in spite of her family enforcing that mindset upon her.

My bottom line is that I agree with the many who've suggested Willow's preference of partner is not relevant to them in terms of the person's gender. I quite agree both (not counting Kennedy coz I don't wanna go there in this post!) partners are of relevance to her development, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
                            Willow's development (unfortunately) mirrored Buffy's to a large degree- by which I mean; the loss of innocence shaped her into a darker person.

Actually, I think Willow is more like Faith than Buffy in that regard- she believes she can touch the darkness but not get caught up in it, which Buffy doesn't- she is afraid of (for example) what being with Spike will mean for her, what taking 'extra' demon doses will do for her- she's all too aware of the loss of humanity which I think Willow (Ms. Quickfix) is not so aware of.

My point is, I don't think the changes in Willow's character are shaped by who she's with, or their gender. Tara was a witch who supported (initially) the exploration into the magics, which Oz (werewolf) did not. Natural progression from a school relationship to a uni relationship- more doors are opened, more boundaries crossed. Oz had had more of a taste of the dark, being a werewolf, was more aware of the potential for power backfiring, therefore urged Willow to be more cautious. Tara had (my interpretation) only used magic for good and didn't in her heart believe it could be bad, in spite of her family enforcing that mindset upon her.

My bottom line is that I agree with the many who've suggested Willow's preference of partner is not relevant to them in terms of the person's gender. I quite agree both (not counting Kennedy coz I don't wanna go there in this post!) partners are of relevance to her development, however.
                            I agree with you, yes. But the development happend when she was with Tara.In s3 she was into magic but with Tara, Willow felt the power and energy so she couldn't control it. Yes, Tara was using her power for good things but Willow couldn't control it which was the begining of her darker side. And after Oz left she wanted to use her power to do smth to satisfiy herself.
                            sigpic

Comment

I love Wil in every type, so just Willow! (I don't care about what she chooses I just love Willow ) Wil is the fave caracter of mine she's great-always!
                              sigpic

Comment

I actually think many of the characters were shaped by someone from season 1 to 7 (Even Tara/Oz and they were only around for about three seasons, Tara looked different by the end of it all, althought Oz still looked the same but this isn't about looks).
                                Plus wasn't Oz her first real boyfriend? Then when he broke it off and she went into deeper magic (Of course this stage she didn't know she was doing the spell), but when Tara had died Willow went over the edge (Wouldn't be surprised if she thought she was cursed, but then that Buffy's job with Angel).
                                I shiver at what could happen if Kennedy died or broke up with her, Willow (Literally like a goddess by the end of season 7) could end up destroying the entire world..

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                                Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

I just basically loved Willow.

I like Tara more though, so yeah she was in my eyes better as a lesbian but Ive voted for the I just love Willow choice.
                                  -oh cordelia how i love to feel ya-

Comment

i liked early nerdy willow. the one that had her mother pick out her outfit from the softer side of sears. computer nerd willow. shy willow who lusted after xander or dated oz. one of her best moments was in innocence where she catches xander and cordelia and does her outburst and then of course she is threatened by angelus in the hallway.

i like evil-willow, too, but nerd-willow is my favorite. so, yes. i chose "straight willow" a.k.a. seasons 1-3 willow.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                                    "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

I'm coming to like season 7 Willow best. But not a particular fan of the Kennedy relationship. So, probably think that Willow's relationships aren't that relevant to how much I like her. Didn't like Oz much, so their time on screen together didn't interest me much, but it didn't make me dislike her. Though enjoyed her meltdown after he left (that makes me sound mean doesn't it?). But, Something Blue! Fun!

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

My question is whether or not people would take it as a betrayal of some kind by Joss if Willow were to become involved with a man again.
                                        sigpic
                                        Banner by LRae12

Comment

Working...
                                        X