This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossovers here!

I was thinking about the crossovers how It was important for the connection between BTVS&ATS. and something caught my attention! I'll give an example: think about -I will remember you& Pangs- these ones are very much important for Buffy and Angel relationship right? and then there is "Something Blue" right after "Pangs". Something Blue was an episode about a spell that effected Spike and Buffy. Ok It wasn't real spell or whatever but It was about Spike and Buffy. Another example is "Forever"(5x17)-Angel's coming trying to comfort Buffy about Joyce's death, depressing and emotinal. Then right after "Intervention"(5x18)-Spike saves Dawn, impresses Buffy about it.a nd Buffy kisses as a thank. the last example Touched&End Of days&Chosen. In touched Buffy mentions she believes Spike and so on. Then Chosen and End of Days-Angel coming, asking If he can help. they are kissing etc.

Don't take me wrong please It's not about ships. I'm Bangel but I do respect every couple. It is about the writers and how they planned or was it plan or a just a coincidence?
    Last edited by basakbangel; 08-08-07, 10:02 AM.
    sigpic
    -Set by DeadLoversDawn from Evthreads-

It took me a moment to get what you were asking, and I think I have it figured out, so here's my take: I don't know for sure if it's deliberate, per se, but it really makes sense. We have these great episodes that, in particular, touch really strongly on Buffy's past, but the fact is that, no, Angel and Buffy don't live in each other's worlds any more. Therefore, having strong Spike/Buffy interaction in the following ep, or even having Buffy declare her love for Riley at the end of season four in the ep where Angel visits, after Sanctuary, makes a strong case for pulling the viewer back into the 'now'.

Comment

I've moved this to the General Chats as Crossovers discuss both shows

Comment

Hmm not sure if it was deliberate by the writers or not, but if you think about it, it makes perfect sense:-

In the real world, when you bump into an ex, it does make you take another look at your current relationship and either say to yourself "He/she's not as good as my ex, maybe it's time to move on" or "THANK GOD! I got rid of that idiot/difficult relationship/abuse! (insert your own interpretation here) I'm sooo happy I've got this wonderful new man/woman in my life!"

When Buffy saw Angel she was reminded of the pain she went through when she was with him, and how difficult it was to move on from him. She (metaphorically) turned around and he'd gone, but there was a new man standing in Angel's place. It makes sense that she would jump into the arms of that new man, to try and distance herself from the Angel pain.

Another example of how real life is portrayed in a fantasy setting, perhaps?
        sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

thanks Nikki that's a great idea
          Guys I think you misunderstood me I didn't mean that. Again I'm saying that; this has never been about ships like Buffy/Angel or Buffy/Spike or so on.
          You maybe right about the "facts" part. Again the facts can be changed about the shippers and what they think. I do respect yours till the end but I'm talking about the planning part..You maybe right about Buffy and Angel that they don't belong to eachothers' world or wrong, I can't judge that It's an opinion

Just to think that Isn't it a coincidence that those episodes are right after eachother? maybe yeah but I just wonder.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by basakbangel View Post
            Guys I think you misunderstood me I didn't mean that. Again I'm saying that; this has never been about ships like Buffy/Angel or Buffy/Spike or so on.
            You maybe right about the "facts" part. Again the facts can be changed about the shippers and what they think. I do respect yours till the end but I'm talking about the planning part..You maybe right about Buffy and Angel that they don't belong to eachothers' world or wrong, I can't judge that It's an opinion

Just to think that Isn't it a coincidence that those episodes are right after eachother? maybe yeah but I just wonder.

Ok I'm a tad confused now. It seems to me that neither myself or Verveka were actually shipping in our answers. We were not giving our opinions based on what ships we prefer (especially as I'm neutral on all ships) just how we saw the facts in the shows and relating them to what could've been going on in the characters minds.

In answer to whether it was a coincidence or planned by the writers I believe both of us answered that we were not sure but it was possible in both cases.

Does that help?
            sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

Agreed, I'm with Ciderdrinker. I don't think we were especially making this a shippy discussion, except for that the question specifically brought up interactions that happened regarding a few of the ships in relation to crossovers... ergo, confusion...

If we look at Pangs, and then consider the next ep, it's obvious why an example of Buffy (and the viewer) being pulled to Sunnydale (sans Angel) is conveyed via Spike. Equally, it's apparent that there's a lot of strong material making a case for the Buffy/Willow friendship, which at the point of Something Blue isn't at it's best (or worse)... But the stronger case and more generally appealing storyline is that Buffy kisses Spike. Regardless of whether or not Angel was there the previous week.

As for the planning, yeah, I thought I was pretty clear that, not being entirely coincidental, it was therefore planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
                Agreed, I'm with Ciderdrinker. I don't think we were especially making this a shippy discussion, except for that the question specifically brought up interactions that happened regarding a few of the ships in relation to crossovers... ergo, confusion...

If we look at Pangs, and then consider the next ep, it's obvious why an example of Buffy (and the viewer) being pulled to Sunnydale (sans Angel) is conveyed via Spike. Equally, it's apparent that there's a lot of strong material making a case for the Buffy/Willow friendship, which at the point of Something Blue isn't at it's best (or worse)... But the stronger case and more generally appealing storyline is that Buffy kisses Spike. Regardless of whether or not Angel was there the previous week.

As for the planning, yeah, I thought I was pretty clear that, not being entirely coincidental, it was therefore planned.

OK really sorry for that. Yes I think, It's right that you both said. Maybe also for the action is meaningful.
                sigpic

Comment

If you want, this thread can be closed thanks for the ideas: Veverka, ciderdrinker!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X