Scenes that give you chills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenes that give you chills

I was just watching "Listening to fear" and I got chills when Joyce says "Dawn, she not mine. Is she?" And just that whole scene with Buffy promising to protect Dawn no matter what. "No matter what she is, she still feels like my daughter. I have to know that you'll take care of her, that you'll keep her safe. That you'll love her like I love you."

I also get chills when watching "The Wish." The scene towards the end when Angel and Willow get staked and Buffy gets bitten.

In "Offspring" when Darla is begging Angel to kill her and he realizes the baby has a heartbeat.

"Darla. Darla, listen to me." "The child. The child has a heartbeat. It has a soul."

"Our child. Our child. Our child. That's why you've been craving purer and purer blood. That's why it's been driving you out of your mind. It has a soul."

In "Forgiving" when Angel tries to smother Wesley at the hospital.

"You son of a bitch, you're gonna pay for what you did! You took my son! You son of a bitch! You bastard!"

"You think I'd forgive you?! No! Never! You're gonna die! You hear me? You're gonna pay!"

"You're dead! You're a dead man, Pryce! You're dead! I'll kill you! I'll kill you. You're a dead man! Dead!"

In "Power play" when Angel sets up the glamour and tells the gang his plan. " Let's be clear. I'm talking about killing every... single...member... of the Black Thorn. We don't walk away from that."

I get chills all through out "Never fade away."

Well that's all I can remember right now. And you?

I get chills during that awesome score of "Chosen."

But what really gives me icky creepy chills is that monster in "Same Time, Same Place" because, um, eeeewwwww. I have to turn away as it is just too much for me. I don't like horror movies and gore and that ep creeps me out. Yuck.

But I know the kind of chills you are talking about aren't the icky ones. But I stand by my "Chosen" chils. Also, "Inside Out" gets me during Skip's speech about how things had to happen in order for Jasmine to come about.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I get chills throughout Chosen as well, and funnily enough I got chills during The Chain when the demon is lifting the Buffy decoy's body up for all to see.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

For me it has to be 'Two to go'

"are we really gonna do this?"

It's that one line that gives me the goosebumps cos you know they are and you know the history and you know what it means.

Well, for me anyway.
        JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
        Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

Passion with the rising music when Giles discover Jenny...
          The Prom "Is Buffy Summers here"
          The Prom When Giles is talkig about surprising people and Angel shows up
          Graduation Day part 2 when the vampires are gonna attack the students and they strike back
          The Body when Buffy says "we're not supposed to move the body" and just like that realise her mother's dead
          Intervention when Buffy kisses Spike and he realise she's not BuffBot
          After life When Spike recognize the real Buffy
          Grave When Willow attack Xander the first time with the purple thunder-like and...god the look on her face
          Grave When she claws him and he gets up and says "I love you"
          CWDP "she's still singing"
          Chosen Goddess Willow
          Chosen "I want you to get out of my face"

That's the ones I can remmeber of
          But as chills factor, I think the "I love you" Grave moment is the chiller for me...
          Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 31-07-07, 01:21 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goddess Guidance View Post
            I was just watching "Listening to fear" and I got chills when Joyce says "Dawn, she not mine. Is she?" And just that whole scene with Buffy promising to protect Dawn no matter what. "No matter what she is, she still feels like my daughter. I have to know that you'll take care of her, that you'll keep her safe. That you'll love her like I love you."

I always, no matter how many times I watch it, get chills during that scene. We really get to see how much and how strong of a bond Buffy has with her mother. It's really sweet, and one of the last very serious conversations Buffy has with her mother before she passes away.

I also get chills when Dark Willow breaks down and crys at the end of Grave, when Xander tells her he loves her.

This scene takes the cake, the Fred/Wesley/Illyria scene:

Illyria - Would you like me to lie to you now?
            Wesley - Yes.Thank you. Yes. Hello there.
            Fred - Oh, Wesley. My Wesley.
            Wesley - Fred. I've missed you.
            Fred - It's gonna be OK. It won't hurt much longer, and then you'll be where I am. We'll be together.
            Wesley - I-I love you.
            Fred - I love you. My love. Oh, my love.

Just heartbreaking!

Comment

Originally posted by tangent View Post
              For me it has to be 'Two to go'

"are we really gonna do this?"

It's that one line that gives me the goosebumps cos you know they are and you know the history and you know what it means.

Well, for me anyway.
              Not only for you! That scene is the first one that lept into my mind when I read the topic!

And Dark Willow "One down....." the look on her face just stops my heart!

The entire conversation between Angel and Cordy in "You're Welcome" gets me every time, no matter how many times I watch it - "Angel, there ARE no people like us..."

I also get chills in "Angel" when he says "Let's just say I'm a friend."

Buffy: "Maybe I don't need a friend."

Angel: "I didn't say I was yours."

In School Hard when Spike sees Buffy dancing in the Bronze -

"Woah" I will always think Spike fell in love with Buffy in that moment. The look on his face.....it just took them awhile to get together. (And I am definitely NOT Spuffy) I am very neutral between Spuffy and Bangel....oops, got a little off topic there......

Lovers Walk - the whole conversation with Spike and Willow - the first time you see it, you wonder if Spike really IS going to put the bottle through Will's face......
              sigpic

Comment

Echoing everyone else, all throughout Chosen. Everything (even "Dumbass." Because that was so very Joss, and I thought we might not get to see Dawn and Buffy making fun of each other again). The score is probably the best ever on the show, although it did seem as though they tried to cram too much into the episode and it was all a bit too much for my head.

Also, the scene in Graduation Day 2 where all the students pick up their weapons. That was a very epic "unity" moment.

The Gift where Buffy is beating down Glory, and she finally says "You're a god. Make it stop." It was the moment we'd been waiting for since Glory first appeared. Also the beginning, and Buffy saying "Tell me to kill my sister." And of course, the end, but that's more with the crying than the chills.

Bargaining 2, when Buffy goes up to the tower, presumably to try to kill herself. It's a very "ouch" moment. As a counterpart, we have when Buffy gets revived the first time, and she immediately starts kicking ass. That was another "we all were waiting for this" scene.
                Buffy: It sounds like it's difficult for you. Maybe your sister makes it hard for you to establish your own identity. You said she's controlling, she doesn't let you make your own decisions -
                Dawn: Yeah, and she borrows my clothes without asking.

Comment

This is an obscure moment, but I got the chills at the beginning of This Year's Girl when Faith and Buffy are making the bed in Faith's dream and Faith says something like 'I know, little sis is coming'...I just watched this ep last night, and I was like whoa...is that supposed to be a foreshadowing of Dawn in S5?

Probably not - but it still gave me the chills...

Another ep that gave my the chills was when Spike attacked Willow in the Initiative...that was so damn creepy with him turning up the music and pinning her down on the bed and her fighting him...I found that scene so much more disturbing than the one in Seeing Red for some reason.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh man just reading through this thread gave me the chills!

Off the top of my head:-

- Angel lying on the floor calling "Buuffffyyyyy!" at the end of "Surprise" while she sleeps unaware in his bed.
                    - Angel's "And yet I can't seem to care" as he locks the lawyers in the wine cellar.
                    - Just thinking about Anya's speech in The Body
                    - "The hardest thing in this world is to live in it"
                    - "Understand we'll go hand in hand. But we'll walk alone in fear. "

I'm fairly certain there are hundreds more
                    sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by: ciderdrinker
                      Oh man just reading through this thread gave me the chills!

Off the top of my head:-

- Angel lying on the floor calling "Buuffffyyyyy!" at the end of "Surprise" while she sleeps unaware in his bed.
                      - Angel's "And yet I can't seem to care" as he locks the lawyers in the wine cellar.
                      - Just thinking about Anya's speech in The Body
                      - "The hardest thing in this world is to live in it"
                      - "Understand we'll go hand in hand. But we'll walk alone in fear. "

I'm fairly certain there are hundreds more
                      Anya's speech is also what gives me the chills. Every single time. I also get the teary eyes happening at the same time since it's sooooooo sad. Some other ones are:
                      ~In S5's "Enemies" when Buffy calls Faith a loser. You know someone was gonna get a beat down. Whether it was Faith or Buffy I didn't care too much. It was chill worthy.
                      ~Another fantastic chill worthy moment was in S6's "Grave" when Dark Willow says "You remember that little spat we had before you left? When you were under the delusion that you were still relevent here. You called me a rank, arrogant amateur. Well buckle up Rupert......*voice deepens, eyes go black* cause I've turned pro!" If that scene didn't give you chills. You may need to have yourself checked.

That's all I can think of at the moment but there are probably more.
                      T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

I would have to say that the number one scene that actually raised goosebumps was the scene in School Hard when Spike gazes at Buffy in the Bronze. We'd already had a taste of his arrogance and murderous violence, and there was something absolutely predatory about his facial expression and body language. Kudos to James Marsters------I've never been that scared by a scene in movies or tv before or since.

Comment

The most chilling moments for me were in "The Prom," when Buffy got recognition that she deserved, in "Graduation Day," when all of Class of '99 unites against a common enemy, the score in the end of "The Gift," and the score in "Chosen." Every time I watch that part in "The Prom," it never fails, I always cry a little, like people sometimes do at movies.
                          Insert witty quote here.

Comment

Passions was pretty creepy...but it sorta lost creepyness because when giles was walking up the stairs you new that he was going to find miss calender dead....but it was still sad/freaky
                            and i found after life shivers down my spine worthy especialy when anya got taken over by the demon that "hitched a ride" (i mean cutting hr self and that laugh...eww)

Comment

When I saw this thread the thing that instantly burst into my mind was in The Body when Buffy is telling Dawn that their mother is dead. I think it's because you don't really hear what Buffy says and you just see Dawn's reaction and it's really dramatic and the looks on the other students and the teacher's faces.

I'm sure there are loads of other things that gave me chills, but that was the one that came to me, if I really thought about it there's bound to be loads more.
                              sigpic

Comment

Most scenes that gave me chills have already been mentioned like the recognition in The Prom and scenes from The Body etc.

I will just add the one that hasn't been mentioned and which I found really creepy, chilly, and sad. When Cordy was lying in the church while Connor was doing his monologue of denial that he thought this was what Cordy wanted blah blah blah. The sight of Cordy lying there on the altar like that was also just morbid.
                                " Believe me I know the impulse to pull the trigger. But if we lose ourselves, we lose everything." -Michael Scofield

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                                  I get chills during that awesome score of "Chosen".
                                  I share your Chosen chills, hehe.

The scene where we see Spike turn to ash is very powerful. I had already heard that he was coming back in Angel before I saw Chosen so I didn't expect to feel any sense of loss but even knowing he would eventually be okay, seeing him "die" was really hard. "I wanna see how it ends" are words that will always stick with me.
                                  Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go... I wanna be sedated...
                                  Nothing to do... Nowhere to go... I wanna be sedated...

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                                    I get chills during that awesome score of "Chosen."

But what really gives me icky creepy chills is that monster in "Same Time, Same Place" because, um, eeeewwwww. I have to turn away as it is just too much for me. I don't like horror movies and gore and that ep creeps me out. Yuck.
                                    Oooo I agree with you here on both points! Chosen is an adrenaline chill that lasts pretty long! Loved that fight and loved the music!

And ST,SP is one of those episodes that I can't really watch again. I've seen it twice, and that's more then enough!

I get chills from episodes like I Will Remember You, that scene before the time rewinds and Buffy and Angel are hugging and crying
                                    The Prom has the same effect on me when Buffy get's her award for Class Protector, that's very emotional!

I've got a thing with music behind a scene.
                                    The episode with Buffy and Parker doing gymnastics (lol) and Bif Naked on the background 'The Lucky Ones', that gives me chills. That song still gives me chills when I listen to it btw, it's just really beautiful.
                                    Oh and Walk through the Fire, that song gives me the chills too.

There are numerous moments, but I'll stick with these for now

Comment

The episode that chills me is ' conversations with dead people' it just creeps me out...when dawn is trying to get through to her mother... and the lightning flashes and you see joyce layed on the sofa !... msn that ep scared me i still skip it when am on ma marathons hehe ! .... anyway theres mine xxx

Comment

You know, Conversations with Dead People scared me too. It was actually the only episode that really creeped me out, and it was mainly because of the things that The First kept doing to Dawn. The scenes where The First was telling Willow to commit suicide were chilling too, but it was the stuff that happened in Buffy's house that reminded me of a haunting movie.
                                        Insert witty quote here.

Comment

Working...
                                        X