Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faith and Spike

Calling all Spike and Faith fans.

I can't quite recall where i heard this but I can distinctly remember something about a Faith/Spike pairing way back in 2003 when they were still selling a Faith spinoff.

The moment they had in Dirty Firls was certainly evidence of this possibility. Anyway, that's what I could remember. Can anyone confirm this?

To the fans, how do you feel about this possibility? IMO Spike certainly seems to be good pair for Faith. Unlike Buffy, she tends to be Comparatively more flexible with moral gray areas. She's also more carefree and worldly compared to Buffy. Like Spike, Faith is open about the fact that she bases her morality on relationships. Now that I've thought about it, Spike has more in common with Faith than either Buffy or Dru.

Dru was too connected with Angelus, too consumed with herself or whatever it was in her head - made Spike her pseudo-slave by playing with his head. Buffy was only able to connect to Spike on a limited level, when she was in a crisis - beyond that, Spuffy just died out.

I'm a big fan of Faith, more so than Buffy. Spike, no. But I think that their personalities and their "similar" pasts had the potential for a great pairing.

So what do you think? Faith/Spike, any good?
    Last edited by Julian; 25-07-07, 12:56 PM.

Originally posted by Julian View Post

I can't quite recall where i heard this but I can distinctly remember something about a Faith/Spike pairing way back in 2003 when they were still selling a Faith spinoff.

The moment they had in Dirty Firls was certainly evidence of this possibility. Anyway, that's what I could remember. Can anyone confirm this?

To the fans, how do you feel about this possibility? IMO Spike certainly seems to be good pair for Faith. Unlike Buffy, she tends to be Comparatively more flexible with moral gray areas. She's also more carefree and worldly compared to Buffy. Like Spike, Faith is open about the fact that she bases her morality on relationships. Now that I've thought about it, Spike has more in common with Faith than either Buffy or Dru.

Dru was too connected with Angelus, too consumed with herself or whatever it was in her head - made Spike her pseudo-slave by playing with his head. Buffy was only able to connect to Spike on a limited level, when she was in a crisis - beyond that, Spuffy just died out.

I'm a big fan of Faith, more so than Buffy. Spike, no. But I think that their personalities and their "similar" pasts had the potential for a great pairing.

Yeah the basement scene was done to see wether or not they could have their own spin off. However, Dushku wanted to try out different things and took Tru Calling instead.

Wether I'd like the pairing.. mm I don't know. I never liked that Spike came back on Ats because I liked his ending and he made me dislike him all over again in Ats. I would have been happy with just a Faith spin off I wouldn't need Spike there, IMO his story should have finished in Chosen when Faith had so much about her that had never been told. If it were to have gone ahead though I do think they had enough chemistry to make it work and it would have potentially been a great show. What exactly would have been the main theme behind the show? Well I'm not exactly sure, but I think it could work.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
      Yeah the basement scene was done to see wether or not they could have their own spin off. However, Dushku wanted to try out different things and took Tru Calling instead.

Wether I'd like the pairing.. mm I don't know. I never liked that Spike came back on Ats because I liked his ending and he made me dislike him all over again in Ats. I would have been happy with just a Faith spin off I wouldn't need Spike there, IMO his story should have finished in Chosen when Faith had so much about her that had never been told. If it were to have gone ahead though I do think they had enough chemistry to make it work and it would have potentially been a great show. What exactly would have been the main theme behind the show? Well I'm not exactly sure, but I think it could work.
      I always wondered if the basement scene was testing the waters for Faith and Spike.

"On paper" it would seem that Spike has more in common with Faith than with Buffy. Certainly there is plenty of chemistry. But, I don't know if there's enough there to sustain a long term relationship. A lot of intensity, for sure, but at some point, you have to return to reality and I'm not convinced Faith & Spike could go the distance.

I loved Spike coming back in Angel - the Angel/Spike pairing was hilarious, IMHO. And, as I recall, how Spike came back was never really revealed.

A Faith with Spike spin off could have the always reliable theme of Faith hunting down new slayers made by Willow in Chosen. I can see Faith and Spike doing that as a team - they could be very good.
      sigpic

Comment

Faith and Spike would have been dynamite together! Literally - dynamite! The chemistry was there (there weren't too many women that didn't have chemistry with Spike - even Buffy's Mother was charmed by Spike!)but the relationship would have been combustable!

I see it as a Mr. & Mrs. Smith kind of relationship! (but less "out to kill each other") I could also see it as being kinda "on again-off again". Going their separate ways but yet always coming back together!!

It would be "dangerous"!!
        -TP<3
        "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
        - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

It's more than just the chemistry IMO, that makes Faith and Spike so compatible. To me, chemistry isn't really all that important to a TV relationship (unless you're one of those who'd like to think so) because it's very, very sunjective, and can vary from one fan to another.

(At this point I'm making comments based on my experience and opinion, so bear with me if you disagree) Joyce and Giles had chemistry. So did, Faith and Connor. And Oz and Buffy. Angel and Faith. Cordelia and Angel (yeah, they had chemistry. look how that turned out ) And even Dawn and Connor, if they had a chance to meet each other (which I am thankful they didn't).

Thinking beyond chemistry, which is a very shallow reason for pairing IMO, the reason I really liked Spike and Faith is that because they are both looking for something real and true. Faith got glimpses of it with Angel and the mayor. IMO Spike got this from Buffy: truth, something real but not love, not the type he wanted, not the type he (thought) had with Dru. If Joss planned to pair them up, I think it would be a lot better for each character's personal development - to have something they could really call real.

Faith already has that, to a certain extent - a sense of balance in her life and self actualisation (though the upcoming S8 comics is giving me worries about that), while Spike has yet to find one for himself. If they the Faith spinoff did push through, I believe that the Faith/Spike would have been a deep and meaningful thing for the character growth of both characters.

Comment

It's more than just the chemistry IMO, that makes Faith and Spike so compatible. To me, chemistry isn't really all that important to a TV relationship (unless you're one of those who'd like to think so) because it's very, very sunjective, and can vary from one fan to another.

(At this point I'm making comments based on my experience and opinion, so bear with me if you disagree) Joyce and Giles had chemistry. So did, Faith and Connor. And Oz and Buffy. Angel and Faith. Cordelia and Angel (yeah, they had chemistry. look how that turned out ) And even Dawn and Connor, if they had a chance to meet each other (which I am thankful they didn't).

Thinking beyond chemistry, which is a very shallow reason for pairing IMO, the reason I really liked Spike and Faith is that because they are both looking for something real and true. Faith got glimpses of it with Angel and the mayor. IMO Spike got this from Buffy: truth, something real but not love, not the type he wanted, not the type he (thought) had with Dru. If Joss planned to pair them up, I think it would be a lot better for each character's personal development - to have something they could really call real.

Faith already has that, to a certain extent - a sense of balance in her life and self actualisation (though the upcoming S8 comics is giving me worries about that), while Spike has yet to find one for himself. If they the Faith spinoff did push through, I believe that the Faith/Spike would have been a deep and meaningful thing for the character growth of both characters.

i pretty much agree with everything you just said

Comment

To the fans, how do you feel about this possibility? IMO Spike certainly seems to be good pair for Faith. Unlike Buffy, she tends to be Comparatively more flexible with moral gray areas.
              Buffy is very flexible in moral grey areas. Faith has no real morals to start with. Then there's that thing about Angel = vampire = kill which both Faith and Kendra did.

She's also more carefree and worldly compared to Buffy.
              She doesn't care what she does, as long as there's something in it for her.

Like Spike, Faith is open about the fact that she bases her morality on relationships. Now that I've thought about it, Spike has more in common with Faith than either Buffy or Dru.
              This is true. Souless!Spike has more in common with Season 3!Faith and Soulled!Spike has more in common with Season 7!Faith.

Not sure. It might have worked, given the way things were in Chosen, but to be honest, I'm not sure that Faith is capable of sustaining a long term relationship with men, even if they are undead ones.

Comment

I can't stress enough on how much I would have loved these two to get together.

Now for the reason to why it would be a complex and not to mention unbelievably hot coupling. Well for one the two have a lot in common in personality wise- drinks,sex,fun,some more kinky sex, hunting and leather.

Also they'll be so entertaining together. I never would proclaim the two being a bangel but not so much a spuffy either. They'll probably be something else all together, I'm sure they'll have lots of sex and fights but I also know that Spike needs to love someone and Faith needs to be loved by someone which means the two are more or less compatible.

If ever Spike falls in love with Faith, He'd do what he always does which is never ever give up or let go and Faith would just run as far as she possibly can. In the end, He'd fallow and probe until she gives in. I suspect She will at some point because he honestly is that one perfect guy that can actually show her that love actually exist. No matter the cost!

It's foolish to say that'll be some great love. BUT they certainly can me Soulmates. It's gonna be all or nothing and more often than not it's on and off as the mood strikes but LOVE can be a possibility since We all know the two are capable of it.

NOW FOR THE DISCUSIONS!

Buffy is very flexible in moral grey areas. Faith has no real morals to start with. Then there's that thing about Angel = vampire = kill which both Faith and Kendra did.
                Now this is terribly wrong!...Buffy can be flexible but Faith by all means is by far more in with the moral grey areas. She grew up in a not so much of a great life, she tasted bad and she never denies her inner darkness like Buffy did. Only because Buffy died and had sex with bouth Spike and Angel doen't mean she's all into the grey.

Were talking In an over all point of view. FAITH lived in the dark all her life were Buffy was raped around a pink blanked most of hers. Believe you me, Grey means a way of thinking, of life and the majority of their feelings....like being mroe prone to hate, anger....bla.bla.bla...(open to discusion) It don't mean Faith has no morals either because she does and has occasionally showed it...Unlike Buffy she just been in the gray too long to be able to care so much.

She doesn't care what she does, as long as there's something in it for her.
                Never does this mean she wouldn't be capable of being with Spike. He has a lot to give and she's gonna take. She's not stupid, she lerned in life to take care of herself but She will 'care' back if given the 'care' in the first place like She did with the mayor...she can do the same again...but as always...she'd be taking care of her hide and heart first.

I'm not sure that Faith is capable of sustaining a long term relationship with men, even if they are undead ones.
                Any woman is capable if given the chance and time, the loyalty and patience. SPIKE WILL, despite her attempts to get rid of him, NOT LEAVE IF HE WANTS TO BE WITH HER.

She may not be capable of it, not have he luck to have known any relationship that was in any way good for her. BUT SPIKE is the one person, like i said before that will try till he dies again to show her otherwise.

THIS is NOT about whose the better slayer. It's about the two's compatability.

SPIKE is LOVE'S BITCH
                FAITH is THE Exact OPPOSITE.
                This equals---

teaching each other, Tears, sex, fights, denial, love, hardship, confusion and all the other little things that come into a natural relationship. And Last a heard...soulmates are not like each other but....they make one another better, finish one nother...fit together...eother's BETTER hath. (meaning the other person has all the things you don't)

They have enough attraction and sexual stamina, kink to work well in the bedroom. Somewhat similar experiences and can talk about music and stuff...since THEY HAVE LOTS IN COMMON to be able to stand eachother.

They have a free spirited, sense of adventure. They like fighting and probably will fight a lot and like that part of their relationship a lot.

and then...there will be the love. No holding hands....only if she's under a spell or he blackmailed her....But LOVE will be there. No need to say it to feel it.

I'm getting ahead of myself here....with the whole...relationship...soumate talk....but...Unlike most people like to think...LOVE is NOT in any way specific and random People get together and work...it never turns out as one guesses it would.

Relationships makes a person grow. If anything, the two would grow a lot together and entertain the hell out of us while they are at it.

I hope my book made sence.

Faith already has that, to a certain extent - a sense of balance in her life and self actualisation (though the upcoming S8 comics is giving me worries about that), while Spike has yet to find one for himself. If they the Faith spinoff did push through, I believe that the Faith/Spike would have been a deep and meaningful thing for the character growth of both characters

I suppose you managed to put what i was trying to say In short.
                Last edited by sometimeslola; 21-08-07, 01:35 AM.
                ~:: I'm a romantic.I believe in romance.I like being in love.I think there's power there ::~

Comment

Originally posted by sometimeslola View Post
                  If ever Spike falls in love with Faith, He'd do what he always does which is never ever give up or let go and Faith would just run as far as she possibly can. In the end, He'd fallow and probe until she gives in. I suspect She will at some point because he honestly is that one perfect guy that can actually show her that love actually exist. No matter the cost!
                  I doubt he'd keep pushing until she caved in. He didn't seem as obsessive after he got his soul back, and even if he was tempted to do that, he should have learnt his lesson after Buffy.

Now this is terribly wrong!...Buffy can be flexible but Faith by all means is by far more in with the moral grey areas. She grew up in a not so much of a great life, she tasted bad and she never denies her inner darkness like Buffy did. Only because Buffy died and had sex with both Spike and Angel doesn't mean she's all into the grey.
                  Buffy is good at handling moral grey areas. Faith lives in moral grey areas. The former is flexibility. The latter is what happens to someone with a dubious moral code.

Any woman is capable if given the chance and time, the loyalty and patience. SPIKE WILL, despite her attempts to get rid of him, NOT LEAVE IF HE WANTS TO BE WITH HER.
                  Tell that to a lesbian. Faith is really, truly screwed up. She has problems with intimacy of any kind. Most of all, she hates men. If you look at the way she treats Wood, her attitude to men after coming out of prison hasn't changed in the slightest. I don't think TRU WUB from someone like Spike is going to change that. I'm not even sure that she's straight. We know that she'll sleep with pretty much any man around, but we have little idea if she finds them attractive.

Souled!Spike isn't as obsessive as Soulless!Spike was. He's there for Buffy in Season 7 but he seems to have given up on the idea of ever being with her. I doubt he would go into endlessly pursuing her the way he did Buffy pre-soul. Besides, Faith's most likely reaction, if he wouldn't go away, is to stake him.

They have enough attraction and sexual stamina, kink to work well in the bedroom. Somewhat similar experiences and can talk about music and stuff...since THEY HAVE LOTS IN COMMON to be able to stand each other.
                  If she actually manages to commit herself to a relationship with him then maybe.

Comment

Yes.. you're right! I've never thought of Faith and Spike as a couple but with the things that you said cleary fit in. I personally don't like Spuffy, not just because I'm bangel but I just don't like them together, well I don't know why. But I really love the character Spike, funny, easygoing, free.. Just like Faith. But I do LOVE Dru and Spike.. They suited so much perfect and they were very adorable. In S2, they were just awesome as the baddie couple. On the oher hand, as you said Dru was into Angelus maybe because of the past. Faith and Spike would be an intersting couple like "Mr. and Mrs. Smith"

Wow, Julian really good idea.
                    sigpic
                    -Set by DeadLoversDawn from Evthreads-

Comment

Ah a topic of my expertise! I've been a Spike/Faith shipper since season 3 when everyone thought I was a crazy person for thinking these characters would even meet each other.

As for the Faith spin-off, word has it that the show would be about Faith and Spike would've been her ghostly side-kick, which would've been fantastic to watch---though I did enjoy Tru Calling too.

Now my thoughts on the 'ship itself... I think the way the relationship would probably work is that if you look at all the facets you've learned about Spike over the years, his relationships with women boil down to something very simple:

Spike wants care for someone, to do and be whatever that someone needs, but to also be accepted and loved for who he is deep down. It doesn' t matter if he has a soul or not, its ingrained in him. Even his name: William translates into protector.

Then there's what Faith wants and needs:

Faith hasn't had many relationships that have gone very far that we've seen, and many people argue that Faith sabotages them or is just evil. This isn't true. Anyone familiar with any kind of psychology can see that Faith had been hurt, a lot, in the past. Something happened to her at a young age to make her that way. She will do things her self because she needs to, but not because she wants to. Look at her relationship with the Mayor. She wants someone to love her, to take care of her, to accept her for her faults and make her feel good about herself.

Now take the two and what little we've seen of their interaction together. Neither originally had any pre-judgements about each other. If you look at things they've said to Buffy and other characters, they even say and act much the same way. They want Buffy's gold star and approval. They try to be good they've both been evil... Faith is as much Buffy's shadow as Spike is Angel's. They're a fun fit. Though they'd fight all the time, argue, but heck the sex would be amazing!

lol Okay that's my two cents about this ^-^

Comment

Wow, Julian really good idea.
                        Not mine. It's Joss'.

They try to be good they've both been evil... Faith is as much Buffy's shadow as Spike is Angel's.
                        I forgot about that. Glad you mentioned it wil_spike_bloodyhell

Faith hasn't had many relationships that have gone very far that we've seen, and many people argue that Faith sabotages them or is just evil. This isn't true. Anyone familiar with any kind of psychology can see that Faith had been hurt, a lot, in the past. Something happened to her at a young age to make her that way. She will do things her self because she needs to, but not because she wants to. Look at her relationship with the Mayor. She wants someone to love her, to take care of her, to accept her for her faults and make her feel good about herself.
                        Agreed

Comment

I forgot about that. Glad you mentioned it wil_spike_bloodyhell

Anytime, I'm always happy to share and banter.

Comment

Okay, that's though,..I'm Spuffy.But not that I support S&B but that I really believe that way, Spike wouldnt choose Faith to be a pair with, even if only she was left in town. I mean they never liked each other..Especially In Season7, Spike is always againist Faith. However, there are loads of people, who support that fiction relation. If there had been seen something -real- like that, I would have been thinking about it now in a positive way. Thanks for informing me to have new ideas ! (Even if its againist Spuffy)
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X