So not cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So not cool

I read an interview with Marc Blucas, where he admitted to purposely messing up scenes so he could kiss Sara Michelle Gellar over and over again. He thinks Sarah caught on and still hasn't forgiven him for it. Perve much? Has any of the cast said or did something away from the show that rubbed you the wrong way?

Well then. I really hope Marc was joking around. Behind the scenes goofing off maybe? 'Cause if not...totally skeevy.

I always found it kind of odd that SMG never seemed to be involved with any of the interviews about/for BtVS (her presence is definitely lacking on the DVD features) and she never seemed to associate much with the cast outside of the set (when everyone else seemed so close-knit). Plus, other popular arguments made by fans were her absence from conventions/Angel eps due to "scheduling conflicts".

It seemed as though she didn't have a whole lot of love for a role that pretty much put her on the map; sure, she probably wants to move on and grow as an actress and that's valid. Actors are busy people, but it seems like she could make a little time for the character she owes the majority of her fame to, don't you think?

Even though BtVS actors/Joss have made comments about her being private and liking to keep her "real" life and work separate, something about it all seems kinda cold and diva-ish. *shrugs*

...Or I could be completely wrong and she's just really shy.
    ~a si i-dhuath u-orthor~

Comment

I'll agree, athens_pie. SMG has always bothered me a bit too, for those reasons. She owes the success of her career to the show; before she was doing soaps and other lame stuff. David Boreanaz isn't much different these days, either. He does not like to talk about either show that is responsible for his career. Again, I know he probably would just like to move on--and that's fine--but don't act like you're so much better that the shows that put you on the map! You would think one would be proud to be part of a culturally iconic series.
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I never understood not wanting to talk about your past roles. That isn't going to stop you from being type cast or cause you to be. The only time I can see where they're coming from is if they're doing an interview and can't promote the new project at all.

Comment

I know James tells a story of how he got Spuffy going... He told Joss that he had a little crush on SMG seeding the idea for Spuffy. But OOPS! Sarah marched up to him and said, "So, I hear you have a crush on me?" He said he just kinda stared her down and she "hopped away". Later he confronted Joss about it and Joss totally denied telling Sarah!

But we got Spuffy...
          -TP<3
          "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
          - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

ThePoet- LOL, that almost sounds like me (Me as James I mean), I probably would be a bit embrassessed.

Anyway, I wonder how many actors actually purposely kiss someone? I know I wouldn't mind but that's just me.
            Note the more minor they are, the more proud they are of thier shows?

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
            Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

Originally posted by Willow's Tara View Post
              Note the more minor they are, the more proud they are of thier shows?
              Typically, it seems that way, doesn't it? It's such a shame too. They have brought so much joy to so many people lives--actually changing lives through fandom!--you'd think they would be proud to be associated with that enterprise.
              sigpic
              follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Jenni- Yep, so true, I also notice the less famous and major they are, the more chances they are noticed, like Amber or Marcus, they are both sort of like side characters, just The Boyfriend/Girlfriend of the Main character, and they are noticed a little more by some people then Sarah or james or David, therefore they are usually more liked then the main characters.

I have always warmed up more the not so major characters on TV Shows really, Cole in Charmed along with sometimes Leo and Paige (Phoebe/Alyssa, Piper/Holly are mentioned more), Nikki in Hereos (I think Peter/Claire are a bit bigger then Nikki, I think), Claire/Charlie in Lost over Jack (Althought Kate/Sawyer/Sayid are cool).

Sorry OT but it does show a point,.

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                  Typically, it seems that way, doesn't it? It's such a shame too. They have brought so much joy to so many people lives--actually changing lives through fandom!--you'd think they would be proud to be associated with that enterprise.
                  Well, if you think about it, sometimes in interviews it seems as though the stars of Buffy and Angel are just a tad ashamed of us or of the shows. (gasp, I know) Maybe they don't want to be associated with people they see as geeks (like that's a bad thing ) , obsessives, or whatever else. Or maybe I'm absolutely wrong and they simply want to advance their careers more. Either way it does seem that the biggest stars are the most loath to associate with the shows (especially not-entirely-mainstream ones) and their fans. I have not seen SMG on any of the Buffy Bites on Youtube so far, but most of the rest of the cast was there, and Amber Benson did talk about how it was amazing that they changed people's lives through "a frikkin' TV show, you know, but it's so much more than a TV show."
                  Buffy: It sounds like it's difficult for you. Maybe your sister makes it hard for you to establish your own identity. You said she's controlling, she doesn't let you make your own decisions -
                  Dawn: Yeah, and she borrows my clothes without asking.

Comment

I can see both sides.

I can see how bigger stars like SMG wouldn't do the fan conventions. For one they are busier than the less-famous cast members. Plus, I think sometimes it's a bit embarassing for them (I mean if you go to a star-trek convention every other person is dressed as Spok). I know I'm a very private person and I would be freaked out if people were dressing as me and wanting me to pose with them for pictures.

On the other hand, I also agree that the fans made the shows what they are. If we didn't love the characters they were portraying, they more than likely wouldn't have had the job they had for as long as they did. Sometimes it's nice for the bigger stars to come out for the conventions.

But you have to admit that most conventions have the lesser-known cast members at them because they don't have as much work as their more famous counter-parts and their publicity agents are signing them up for these gigs to get them more face recognition time...
                    sigpic

Comment

redrevo- Yeah I heard somewhere that Amber and Alyson have managed to change many Lesbians/gays etc lives, hell, it was Willow and Tara that made my accept Gays/Lesbians (I can't remeber what I thought of homosexuality before then)
                      LR- Lol, that would kinda be embrassissing, there is no way you would catch me dressed up like that (Unless it's Halloween or a costume party), I would just go to a convention wearing normal clothes.

Comment

I don't buy into any of the things said about SMG, from what I have seen she is a very pleasent nice person and I see no evidence of the claims she doesn't appreciate her role, the fans of Btvs or the other cast members. I see no reason to believe any of it until I see it, everything I have seen of her has been positive.

SMG has said numerous times that without the fans the show couldn't have happened, she understands their importance and appreciates them; I don't see why she should have to go to conventions to prove this any more. SMG works the most out of any cast member on the show, she was constantly doing second unit and was in almost every scene. The cast and crew work long days, I don't SMG should then be expected to attend conventions or do episode commentary's etc after already giving so much of her time to the show. She isn't a robot, she can't do everything and she is entitled to some free time to herself. For us Btvs is a obsession, for her and the rest of the cast and crew it is a job, and people need a break from their jobs.

As others have stated, Joss and other members of the cast and crew have stated why she wasn't in more of the DVD extras and it was because she was flat out doing the show, why not take this at face value and assume there must be more to it?

As far as the rumours of SMG being a bitch on set; well everything I've personally seen shows the complete opposite. Watch the dailies on Youtube and you'll see SMG is a very friendly funny person on set, continously making jokes with the cast and crew and laughing between scenes. There are parts of the Normal Again dailies where she playfully tugs Alyson Hannigans arm, pulling her off screen and into a hug and she is always laughing with other cast members; notedly these are all dailies from the sixth season where rumours were going around she was acting like a complete bitch on set.

SMG deserves to move on from this role, it would be very frustrating having to continously talk about Btvs when you want to experience new things, I know I'd get sick and tired of hearing it.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

It's not just you guys... A while a go a HUGE thread started at the Israely Buffy Forums... She did seemed like ungreatful for the show making her career.. I thought to myself "im not going to any SMG movie". These days I don't really like SMG a bit. She annoys me. She is kind of cold to her fellow cast members in Buffy. And when she decided to quit the show the cast had to read it from the news papers.. I heared that alyson got really mad at her

Comment

Originally posted by omri View Post
                            And when she decided to quit the show the cast had to read it from the news papers.. I heared that alyson got really mad at her
                            It wasn't Buffy quitting the show, it was Joss cancelling it--and why should SMG be the one to tell everyone the show was cancelled? Shouldn't they hear it from JOSS, the creator and producer, the one in charge who made the decision in the first place? I don't blame SMG one bit for not telling the other cast members, Joss was at fault there--he's the one Alyson should have been angry with.

I think that SMG is a) a more private person than some celebrities, and b) is the most busy--have you seen how many movies she's been in in the last year?!

And I can completely sympathize with David Boreanaz and SMG not wanting to always talk about Buffy, especially David--even while on his own show, ATS, people were still asking him about BTVS instead in interviews, and in a segment about Bones, they said he is most famous for being on Buffy, showing all these BTVS clips of him, then said in a throw-away line, with no clips, that he also later had his own show! Right now DB is an a wonderful new show, Bones, which has a big fanbase (myself included) of its own--why shouldn't he want to talk about his current projects, rather than his past ones? Why shouldn't these actors want to build on their reps and be actors in their own right, and not be only known for one role. I can see Dan Radcliffe in the future not always wanting to talk about HP, when he's doing tons of other movies (which I'm sure he will be--he has great potential). So while these shows did make these actors (though some like SMG are famous from other things, like Cruel Intentions and I Know What You Did Last Summer), I can understand them wanting to have some variety in their careers, move on--would you want people dwelling on one of your previous jobs forever?
                            Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

I actually sort of feel badly for SMG in a way. It's not so much...don't get stressed.

The thing is you have to do one thing that gets you noticed in Hollywood to start your career. The fact that her 'one thing' was Buffy led to her being typecast. Though, she does appear to have a lot of range and talent as an actor. The whole popularity of the show thing...she'll always be seen as Buffy, regardless what she does. As a result you have her appearing in total garbage like 'The Grudge' and hey...let's go for the obvious...the live action build of 'Scooby Doo'.

There's this amusing little film called 'Eulogy'. One of the sons in it hit his 15 minutes of fame when he got a role in a peanut butter commercial and as a result his father (who died) always bugs him to do the peanut butter thing when he sees him. Minor character focus for the film.

I can see SMG feeling this way about Buffy. All we/ they want to see from her is another piece of 'wood' shoved into a vampires chest.

Valyssia

Comment

Originally posted by omri View Post
                                It's not just you guys... A while a go a HUGE thread started at the Israely Buffy Forums... She did seemed like ungreatful for the show making her career.. I thought to myself "im not going to any SMG movie". These days I don't really like SMG a bit. She annoys me. She is kind of cold to her fellow cast members in Buffy. And when she decided to quit the show the cast had to read it from the news papers.. I heared that alyson got really mad at her
                                I don't really see any evidence to suggest she was ungreatful for Buffy or that she didn't appreciate the fans or what the show has done on a societal level.

In a Btvs magazine SMG states how without Btvs many great shows wouldn't have existed, how without the fans the show wouldn't have made it and how she owes a little to Btvs for her career. She has never said anything else and since none of us have spoken to us behind close doors why think the worst of her?

And whilst Btvs did help SMG's career she actually did have one before the show came along. She already had won an Emmy for All My Children and whilst I'm not a fan of the show it did however, make her successful. I think it'd be false to label her success for Btvs and Btvs alone.

How do you know that she is cold to her fellow castmembers? Looking at the dailies on YouTube (Dailies are the raw footage of the actors acting out there lines. You see them speaking to one another, can hear her talking to camera people and see unseen goofs and many different takes of the same scene) SMG is nothing but friendly to her castmembers and jokes around with them plenty of times. She seemed very friendly and funny on set and you can see her happily chatting with both Nick and Alyson and playing around with them as well. There is nothing to suggest she was cold to other cast members.

Nor does it make her a bad person if Alyson got mad at her, I get mad at people sometimes but this in no way makes them bad people. I agree with posters above me who state it was Joss' job to tell the cast, not SMG. He is the creator and executive producer and it was up to him to tell everyone.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I'll agree, athens_pie. SMG has always bothered me a bit too, for those reasons. She owes the success of her career to the show; before she was doing soaps and other lame stuff. David Boreanaz isn't much different these days, either. He does not like to talk about either show that is responsible for his career. Again, I know he probably would just like to move on--and that's fine--but don't act like you're so much better that the shows that put you on the map! You would think one would be proud to be part of a culturally iconic series.
                                  Heh, I met DB... not such a fun guy at all, lol. I swear he scowled and it was so much worse in real life than it ever was on screen. I met him in Toronto at the opening of his film 'These Girls' a couple of years ago, and yet when he did the red carpet at the celebrity schmooze that City TV had set up, he acted all happy and grinny for the cameras, but when they were gone he was super grumpy.

SJ
                                  xox
                                  sigpic
                                  Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
                                    Heh, I met DB... not such a fun guy at all, lol. I swear he scowled and it was so much worse in real life than it ever was on screen. I met him in Toronto at the opening of his film 'These Girls' a couple of years ago, and yet when he did the red carpet at the celebrity schmooze that City TV had set up, he acted all happy and grinny for the cameras, but when they were gone he was super grumpy.

SJ
                                    xox
                                    I like DB and just watched s1 of Bones, but I have to admit that doesn't surprise me. And you're not the first person to say something similar. I guess we can't all be happy folks, eh?
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slaycandy View Post

SJ
                                      xox
                                      Weird....in interviews he's always so funny and jaunty and smiley, and seems liek a fun guy, and on the set they say (and in clips it seems) he's a funny guy too, which is why he was so glad to not have to be all broody on screen all the time anymore--I think he has more fun in his new role as Booth.

Still, maybe you ran into him when he was having a bad day--I know I'm moody sometimes, though not always.....so I still wouldn't make a judgement on him--you really don't know what was going on in his life right then, and at least he kept up appearances for the red carpet itself.

I like DB and just watched s1 of Bones, but I have to admit that doesn't surprise me. And you're not the first person to say something similar. I guess we can't all be happy folks, eh?
                                      It does surprise me though--but yay, you finally watched Bones!!!
                                      Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

I just wanted to mention, my cousin who is an actor (just graduated from school) actually met SMG and said she was VERY nice. There was no coffee where he worked at so he went to Starbucks got coffee for her and her friends. She hugged him and tipped him a 50.

Oh and I would totally let Marc Blucas kiss me repeatedly.
                                        Banner by Digital Leonardo

Comment

Working...
                                        X