Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Made It Big

After the both shows ended?

We all know that both shows were a huge success for everyone worked in it & made the actors an over night STARS.After the both shows ended some worked in other tv shows ,some got their own new tv show,some worked in movies.

But i wanna know who do you think made it big now from all the Actors/Actress from the Jossverse,who's the most underrated actor from them all ,who do you think should be working more.

Why some of them didnt find another success like the one he/she had in that show ,& why that didnt happen was bcuz they kinda stuck in that ,are they waiting for the next big hit or was it bcuz other producers & other tv shows think they only good in that kind of work so the actors now stuck in some kind of a sterotype that they only good in work in other projects that's belonged to that ganre?

For me they all did an amazing work in both shows all actors/actress were very talented & out standing but for me the most underrated actor would be James yes YOU HAERD ME RIGHT ,he done an outstanding job doing Spike i mean that man is so talented he make's me hate him & like him at the same time,he made me laugh & i cried my eyes out for him couple of times.I dont know about you but he really convinsed me & made me believed him & believe his pain & hurt.

In the other hand i dont wanna offended anyone but i didnt like Tara (Amber)as a charactor she was boring & Amber didnt do any affort to make me believe her in anyway,she was akward & she bored me to death,sorry to all Tara fans again.In s6 commantary they said they broke up Willow & Tara so we can see another side of Tara's charactor which is something i didnt see.

Tell me what you all think?
    Last edited by Salvation; 09-07-07, 10:47 AM.
    You Are The Only One
    Who Ever Touched My Heart
    It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

I'd have to say AH or DB have had the most success, although SMG apparently has done many movies they just haven't been released yet. I'm not saying I enjoy everything AH has done since her time on Btvs, but she has done quite a lot, and DB has a good rating show.

I actually think JM needs to settle down and find something, instead of just randomly doing guest appearences on other Sci Fi shows to make fangirls everywhere squee, surley he can find something better than that with his large fanbase?

Hopefully some of SMG's movies come out soon and do really well

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I agree with you DB is doing A Great job in his new show & people are crazy about it ^^ the same with AH they aired it here & people really liked it.

I hope JM would be in DB new show ,that would be great .
      You Are The Only One
      Who Ever Touched My Heart
      It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Comment

The most successful 'verse actor is Sarah, she's undoubtably the most famous and yeah some of her movies haven't done that well at the box office but she's a leading lady and has a big movie career which none of the other actors really have. I think she's gonna have a big year this year because she has alot of big movies coming out, most notably The Air I Breathe which I think will be huge

David has done really well since Angel because of Bones. It's a critically aclaimed show and also pulls in the ratings plus he's improved alot as an actor too.

Alyson's doing well with How I Met Your Mother and she's been in some successful movies.

Also Julie Benz has a successful show with Dexter, she's not doing bad.

As for the guys who aren't doing so well, I'd love to see Charisma and Emma return to TV, they've got a ton of talent they just need good shows

Comment

I'd have to agree with Mr. Pointy that SMG is the most famous and successful of the buffyverse actors. She really is the only one with the leading actress status in movies.

As far as Charisma, Emma, and Nick, they seem to be having some success in the made-for-tv-movies, but they're few and far between.

Alyson & David's TV shows seem to be doing well, I don't care for Bones, personally, but I watched the first season of How I met your mother, and it was fairly entertaining.

I believe ASH & AD are doing stage work? I'm not sure about that, but that's what I beleived I heard.

As for James, I totally agree with Salvation that he is the most underrated actor of them all, and possibly one of the more talented. I did enjoy his stint in Smallville, and I saw the TV-movie he made (which sucked, BTW). I don't think he should go on Bones as Salvation pointed out, because I always hate it when actors from previously popular shows show up on another actor's new show, like they can't find a job on their own. I don't know that I'd want to see him in a new TV series, unless it was a Spike series, that I'd be all for. I think I'd like to see him get into motion pictures, instead.
          sigpic

Comment

Alyson is probably the most successful at the moment, she's the nominal female lead of one of the few successful sitcoms still on TV, she had a comic lead in "Date Movie".

Boreanaz is stable with "Bones", which on Fox is no small task.

Sarah is still the most recognizable star, by far, from either show, and "The Grudge" franchise has made her bankable. She's got "Suburban Girl" coming out this fall, which pairs her with Alec Baldwin. "Alice" sounds like it could be very cool, an update of "Alice in Wonderland" with Alice as a grown woman.

"Southland Tales" has kind of put her career up in the air a bit. That movie has to get released at some point.

I'm having huge approach-avoidance issues with the idea that SMG may have an on-camera love scene, but that it would be with Alec Baldwin.

"Buffy" and "Angel" haven't been real kingmakers, unfortunately, since so many of these actors are very talented.
            sigpic
            Banner by LRae12

Comment

Well David B. certainly has done good with Bones. Sarah Michelle Gellar has been in quite a few movies since Buffy ended, like The Ring and the Scooby Doo movie. Alyson will forever be known as the American Pie/ Band Camp chick. I guess I'd say that Sarah Michelle Gellar is the biggest one of all cause she is more widely known and has had some good parts. But Charisma is probably gonna be more known by those who haven't even seen Buffy...why? Because Playboy is big and noone will ever forget her appearing in that.

Comment

What the heck is going on with James Marsters? Why aren't we seeing him in roles worthy of his talent? Another talented actor we aren't seeing is Alexis Denisof, who played Wesley. And what about the amazingly talented Emma?

Comment

I love Ally in "How I Met Your Mother". She is adorable!!

I've not seen any of SMG stuff except the first Scooby Doo.

I've watched one episode of Bones - I like the girl.

And yes, Emma and James has been overdue for some attention. I know with James it has been his kids but I see that changing a bit. He has a guest spot on "Saving Grace" with Holly Hunter this month I believe (the series kicks off on July 23rd.)

Also, he is appearing in a movie with Gerard Butler, Hillary Swank and Kathy Bates called "P.S. I Love You" due out December 21st.

And he's busy filming his episode for Torchwood this month in Cardiff.

Emma had an Indie film out this year called Hollow - looked pretty creepy and she was on a Made-for-TV movie "Valentine Carol".
                  -TP<3
                  "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                  - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

LR_ Actually I think Amber is a little more underrated then James, just a litle bit more, then again, I seen James on the same amount of shows I seen Amber in (After Buffy, Smallville, and for Amber, Supernatural).

I think Sarah is actually the one who made it big, look at the amount of movies she been ion, people could regonzie Sarah's name before they even remever even David Boreanz.

As I said before, I think Amber the most underatted, the only thing I seen her in is Supernatural. I saw clips of The Attack of the Gryphon (But it was from youtube, not TV) too but that hardly satisfield it. And Australia never has shown anything that she's been in? I went on a movie hunt last year, and the only thing I could find was Taboo.. I seen clips of Chance (With no sound) as well but on Youtube, Chance and the Gryphon has never been in Australia.

Come to think of it, only Sarah Michelle Geller and Alyson's shows and movies have appeared way more then anyone else (And Alyson is only regonized as the actress from How I met your mother, not once was Amber Benson mentioned as the Actress from Buffy in any Supernatural- Bloodlust previews, or in Tv Week, now even James was regonized from Buffy when the first episode of Smallville he was in aired in Australia...The only thing that makes m feel a bit better that she wasn't, that nobody seems to mention David Boreanz from Angel when Bones first aired)

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                    Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

We're forgetting about Eliza Dushku!!! She hasn't done badly! There were the cheerleading movies (I've seen both - no comment), Tru Calling (which BTW is currently airing on Sci-Fi) , and dozens more Horror flicks she's been seen in. In fact she has about 6 movies coming up this year and one for next year!
                      -TP<3
                      "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                      - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

I'm sure James wants a great role but sit home and wait for the role to come a along ? That's a recipe for total oblivion. Casting directors cast actors they are have seen. Oh sure, there are exceptions like when they are specifically looking for an unknown face but on the whole it helps to be working if you want to get more work.

And again I do answer thee. Bite me.
                        Last edited by Ruach; 12-07-07, 06:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                        X