Buffy: 12 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy: 12 years!

So, Buffy completes 12 years today! It was on March 1997 that Buffy first came out on the WB and now, 12 years already we still talk about, discuss and mostly love it. I?ve finished the entire series on 2007 and I am super happy that I?ve found it. And tonight, I?m gonna start the entire series again, for the third time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUFFY!

Wow 12 years, happy birthday to one of the best shows
    Actually might join you just to celebrate. Lol

Joss
    Fire bad tree pretty

Comment

No time for extra rewatching, since my sister and I are in the middle of my second rewatch (which is her first). But it might be an excuse to get my mitts on a piece of cake or so.
      Sin is what I feast upon
      I'm forging my crematorium
      Your tomb is waiting here for you
      Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

I'm going to watch selected episodes with my friend... Happy birthday, Buffy!

Truly, one of the best shows ever. This is the only obsession that would always be there.

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

Ah yes, the birthday of Buffy.....I'll always remember that one, since it coincides with my own! Clearly I was destined to be a fan!

Happy Birthday Buffy! It is amazing that people are still talking about the show, even after so many years....I'll always be grateful to it for bringing together as wonderful a community as this one!
          Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Happy Birthday Buffy and Happy Birthday Sherrilina celebration

Wow it is so weird to think that it has been 12 yr since I first saw Buffy (or maybe 11 being England ) I loved it from the first episode and still love it, I'm not sure what rewatch I'm on now but I'm on Season 4 at the moment watching Something Blue and Hush tonight - what a great day to watch them on
            sigpic

Comment

Wow. 12 years since the birth of the Buffster on television. It really has been awhile. This makes me sad, tho, because I've really been wanting to rewatch Buffy, Angel, and Firefly but now all of my DVD sets are in storage until my next move.

God knows I've seen the complete series of each atleast 5 times each, but there always comes a time to go back and start them back up again. I'll never forget how much Buffy meant to me at that time and still does. The show helped me through a very difficult time in my life, and it means the world to me. Buffy will always be my #1 fandom! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUFFY and THANK YOU, JOSS WHEDON!

Comment

Happy birthday Buffy

Doesn't feel like twelve years old! Which is a testament to the show and its writers. Well done! I feel a marathon coming on....

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

12 years of Buffy and 10 years of my obsessed crazyness!! YEEEY!! Thank you Joss and as for the rewatsch you know I might just do that...
                  Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre
                  sigpic

Comment

I would have happily sat through and had a rewatch today but instead I was stuck packing for the friday ( going to a car show in Albury) Shall sit down tonight and get through at least season 1 and 2 Happy birthday sherrilina, hope its a good one

Joss
                    Fire bad tree pretty

Comment

So, let's all put on our tall boots, miniskirts or minidresses, high-waisted pants/skirts, clunky plastic and silver jewelry, showing bra straps and have very hairsprayed and styled hair with bangs. LMAO.

12 years ago, Darla a.k.a. random Catholic schoolgirl vampire who was supposed to die by Willow's holy water splash was the show's first swap of the horror clich├ęs, Buffy was more brunette than blonde and still had some meat on her, Giles was at his tweediest (and even a bit creepy), Willow had long brown hair, not red, and was crushing on her male childhood best friend, Xander rode to school on a skateboard, Cordy was high school bitch, much? and Angel was the mysterious stranger in the alley (and DB looked like was an ex-high school jock right off of his Married... With Children appearance).

12 years ago, I was in 4th grade. Which is incredibly strange, because the show doesn't feel that old, but it is. I started watching in summer 2004 (age 17).
                      Last edited by NileQT87; 11-03-09, 10:05 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                      "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Happy belated birthday, sherrilina!

Yesterday, I started Buffy again and boy, I missed my Scoobies! As soon as the characters show up, I get a huge grin on my face and I love to hear them talk and interact. In S1 they are very young, innocent and happy. The dialogue still rocks and frankly, I feel like I?m part of their group, even at the Bronze. They are really my buddies!

Comment

Watched season one tonight, and realized how much the characters have changed. Love the way they interact and the chemistry between Xander and Cordy lol. I love it. Still easily one of the best shows.

Joss
                          Fire bad tree pretty

Comment

I cannot believe it has been 12 years!! Oh man I feel so old. Buffy and I were the same age when the show started, man I feel the nystalgia coming on strong right now.

Oh an beautiful post Nile, perfect on everyone....and Angel in that alley I just thought he was so incredibly sexy...God Bless David B.
                            And tweedy Giles...sometimes I really miss that part of him

Thanks Buffyholic for this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltmaiden View Post
                              I cannot believe it has been 12 years!! Oh man I feel so old. Buffy and I were the same age when the show started, man I feel the nystalgia coming on strong right now.

Oh an beautiful post Nile, perfect on everyone....and Angel in that alley I just thought he was so incredibly sexy...God Bless David B.
                              And tweedy Giles...sometimes I really miss that part of him

Thanks Buffyholic for this thread.
                              You?re welcome!

So, I saw three more last night and boy, I just love watching them interact and their witty dialogue is the best. You know, I watch the eps quoting them almost all the time. It?s really a great time!

Comment

Aw 12 years? Seriously? Well then I'm proud to say that I have watched and loved Buffy...for 12 years now (Well ok, 11, but I did watch the pilot episode...but I was 6 and it scared me )

Happy belated birthday Buffy!!!

And also, Happy belated birthday sherillina

sigpic
                                ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

Originally posted by NileQT87 View Post
                                  So, let's all put on our tall boots, miniskirts or minidresses, high-waisted pants/skirts, clunky plastic and silver jewelry, showing bra straps and have very hairsprayed and styled hair with bangs. LMAO.
                                  I really don't want to know what I'd look like in those.

But I do remember people wearing that style back then, of course. Not my sister, because she was way too young for miniskirts back then, but... I remember hoping to get a glimpse of girls' knickers. What a naughty boy I was.
                                  Sin is what I feast upon
                                  I'm forging my crematorium
                                  Your tomb is waiting here for you
                                  Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

I?ve finished S1 last night and I can say that it?s very charming, too. Seeing the scoobies like this, all together and happy just warms my heart. It has flaws, every season has them, but it?s pretty decent and entertaining.

Comment

Happy Birthday Buffy !
                                      It is amazing that people are still talking about the show, even after so many years....
                                      I remmenber that when I started to watch Buffy 1-7 ,i was only 15....how times fly!

Comment

I?m starting S2 tonight and I?m excited. I know what will happen, but still I feel happy to watch it again and it feels like I?m watching it for the first time, judging by my happiness! It?s like Buffy is a drug and I just have to have more and more. I guess that makes Joss my dealer!

Comment

Working...
                                        X