"She's the messiah?" The Cordelia club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "She's the messiah?" The Cordelia club

Mogs' current banner set in combination with a great thread on Slayalive about Cordelia, made me start the Cordelia club here. There was probably one, but it died. So a new one.

Let's start with some general questions;

1) Do you like Cordelia?

2) What's your favourite season for Cordelia?

3) What's your favourite look for Cordelia?

4) What your favourite relation of Cordelia?

5) What is your favourite line by Cordelia?

And some other questions, based on a thread by Emmie. It's about Cordelia's role after her death. About her being a higher power and the unbalanced power if she can intervent.

1) Do you think that Cordelia is powerful enough to do things (like visiting Angel, giving signs), or is she a messenger send by the PtB?

2) Would you like it when she would return at times? Of course not to visit them and drink a beer with the gang, but for big events?

3) Do you think that it was a good move to kill Cordelia?

4) When you saw YW, did you believe that Cordelia really died or did you believe that she became more (a higher being/soldier for PtB)?

5) Why is Cordelia 'chosen' to play a bigger role than the other dead characters?

--------------------------------------

1) Do you like Cordelia?
    Yup, I always liked the character but in Ats she became one of my favourites. Until the downfall of Cordelia Chase in Mexico. But You're Welcome healed a lot.

Ats season 2 I think, it was a nice combination of the shallow Cordelia and the mature Cordelia. Still greedy and bitchy but also brave and strong.

I loved her long dark hair, I think that she looked best in BtVS season 3 and Ats season 1.

Her friendship with Angel by far. Cordelia never had very interesting relations, but the Angel/Cordy friendship is a lasting and strong friendship. It's a weird couple but I believe it.

Cordelia had so many brilliant lines. I think that I will go with her last one "And you're welcome ...". Whith what other line would Queen C go? Also her line about waking up in a coma, especially because she did it. She woke up while being in a coma.

1) Do you think that Cordelia is powerful enough to do things (like visiting Angel, giving signs), or is she a messenger send by the PtB?
    The latter, I don't believe that Cordelia became soem kind of superpowerful godly person. We only saw her visiting Angel once, the same is done by Darla and i doubt that she became a super special person. And why would the powers that be pick a young and flawed woman as a big power?

2) Would you like it when she would return at times? Of course not to visit them and drink a beer with the gang, but for big events?
    Maybe once or twice in very important moments. But I don't want to see her back every story. It would be weird and it will cheapen You're Welcome.

Oh no, worst choice ever. Cordelia was not only the snark or the shallow girl. She was the moral compass and the heart of the show. Spike can snark and Harmony can be shallow. But nobody took over Cordelia's greatest roles. And the series lost something with Cordelia. Also Angel could have used at least one of his to best friends. And Cordelia wasn't done, not really. At least not more done than some other characters.

4) When you saw YW, did you believe that Cordelia really died or did you believe that she became more (a higher being/soldier for PtB)?
    I always thought that she would be a bit mroe than just dead. That said, I didn't picture her as the centre of the universe. A small job, she is only a human.

5) Why is Cordelia 'chosen' to play a bigger role than the other dead characters?
    I think that she is chosen because of what Jasmine did to her. Cordelia knows more than any other human because of Jasmine, Jasmine gave her certain powers that are probably linked to the PtB. Cordy was no longer a normal person.
    Last edited by Nina; 21-02-09, 01:12 PM.

Originally posted by Nina View Post
    Mogs' current banner set in combination with a great thread on Slayalive about Cordelia, made me start the Cordelia club here. There was probably one, but it died. So a new one.
    YAY! I'm right there with ya! Out of the blue I've had this sudden wave of Cordy love which is why I made the banner!

Add me to the club!

1) Do you like Cordelia?

Hell yeah! I've loved Cordy since 'Welcome to the Hellmouth' I think she's a fantastic character! She was always my sisters favourite on Btvs because my sister warms to the snarky, sometimes clueless, vein characters she finds their superficialness a hoot and I think her cackling when Cordy was in a scene rubbed off on me! I loved her in Ats as well, I have some issues with how she's written towards the end of season three but the majority of the time she's great.

Either Ats s2 where there's a great combination of snarky funny Cordy/ loving growing Cordy or Btvs s2. Yeah I know people will find that weird but I really loved her in that season, it's when she really began to develop and change, I love when she sacrifices her friends for Xander in 'B,B&B' and just tiny moments when she is genuinely nice to people.

Dark brown hair, usually long or at least longish. I *hated* her short blonde hair towards the end of s3 that was just awful! She looks her best in Btvs, early Ats and 'You're Welcome.'

Probably Cordy/Xander. I found them very funny but also very sweet at times and very underrated. I think their moment in 'Prom' when he buys her dress for her is very endearing. After that probably Cordy/Wes or Cordy/Doyle. I never found Cordy/Groo all that interesting and am not a big fan of Cordy/Angel but it's growing on me.

Without a doubt.. "Oh and you're welcome." It's just perfect, we owe her so much as fans and Angel owes her so much, it was perfect for her to go out saying that and it left my blubbering like a baby, still does, it's also Charisma's best delivery.

I'm not sure, I don't really want the series itself to ever give us an answer on this. I'm going to share Angel's faith in Issue #17 and say "yes" because I'd like to believe she could effect life in some way or another.

Not so much. A part of me loves to see her again and a part of me absaloutely hates that she was killed off and the way they ditched her character like they did but her final scene was just so amazing that it would cheapen it if they kept bringing her back. It was so moving because we knew it was the last time we'd see her, that "Cordelia freakin Chase" was dead, I don't want to make that become mundane and moot if she keeps popping up every now and then.

Nope, worst move of Ats IMO. It was absaloutely horrible and I'd have traded Harmony, Eve and Spike in a heartbeat for Cordy to stay for season 5. She was the heart of the show, Angel's closest confidant and the only other person to be there so long they should have never killed her off.

Both. She did die, her body died and she passed on after this life but once she did she had a role on another level. The universe has pretty much guaranteed that there's some form of life after death for these characters, ever since ghosts became fact and ever since Buffy returned from heaven. Cordy's role would be more active however, unlike Buffy she wasn't "finished, complete." I think that's where Cordy differs.

I'm really not sure, I think it was to make it so that she could somehow still be helping Angel in some way. Perhaps they realised on some level how unfair it was to kill her off like this? To be honest I have no idea, but it's the least she deserved.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

New Question:

What is the worst thing Cordelia ever did? (The real Cordelia, not the Jasmine version of her.)

Comment

1) Do you like Cordelia?
        Yeas. Together with Angel she's been my favourite since the first time I watched Angel (I watched Angel before I started to watch Buffy) .

Season 2 of Angel is a good one. But I like her in the first part of season 3 really much too.

Absolutely the long brown hair. She looks her best in season 2 and 3 of Buffy.

I'm a hardcore Cangel shipper.

Oh she had so many good and funny lines espcially in Your'e welcome.

I'm not sure about that. I hope she's gonna have a bigger role then just a messenger.

Yeas. I would except any bad storyline at all just for having Cordy back. I think Ats is boring without her.

No, no, god no. One of the worst thing ever to be done. Season 5 could have been good if she was there. She could have woke up in you're welcome and stayed for the rest of the season. She and Angel the only one knowing about Connor and what really happened. One word; awesome.

I really didn't reflect over it before I read it here on BF.

Really don't know. Maybe because she been in touch with the ptb before with the visions?

What is the worst thing Cordelia ever did?
        Such a hard question. She did some pretty bad things in the beginning of Buffy.

Comment

1) Do you like Cordelia? Yes especially High school Cordy, she was funniest when she was tactless and bitchy.

2) What's your favourite season for Cordelia? This is tough but I agree with Vampmogs ATS Season 2 and BTVS Season 2. I think they show her at her best, she is still Cordy but shows signs of growing as a person.

3) What's your favourite look for Cordelia? First season of Angel I loved her long hair, I didn't like the short blonde hair but I quite liked her short brown hair.

4) What your favourite relation of Cordelia? Cordy/Xander with Cangel a close 2nd, I just loved the humour between these two and I really felt upset that Cordy and Xander couldn't work it out, I thought they worked well as a couple.

5) What is your favourite line by Cordelia? "Yeah Pat, can I have a vowel" or something to that effect it is in the episode Belonging when she reads the text to open the portal and it cracks me up every time.

1) Do you think that Cordelia is powerful enough to do things (like visiting Angel, giving signs), or is she a messenger send by the PtB? I'm not sure, I don't know if any of this has been addressed in Season 6 but I haven't read any of that yet.

2) Would you like it when she would return at times? Of course not to visit them and drink a beer with the gang, but for big events? I don't know because You're Welcome kind of gave some closure to her character, Season 5 was good without her so I wouldn't miss her I don't think, even though I loved her character.

3) Do you think that it was a good move to kill Cordelia? I was annoyed when she died because she was like the mother of their family, she was meant to be there with them. At the same time though I think sometimes it is necessary to kill off a big character to show the emotional reaction of others.

4) When you saw YW, did you believe that Cordelia really died or did you believe that she became more (a higher being/soldier for PtB)? I believed that she had died, I never really thought of the PTB thing but I don't know if she is right for that role anyway.

5) Why is Cordelia 'chosen' to play a bigger role than the other dead characters? Is she, does she come back in Season 6?

What is the worst thing Cordelia ever did? This is tough because I never thought of her as bad more as bitchy. Probably breaking up with Xander on Valentines Day because of her friends.
          sigpic

Comment

1) Do you like Cordelia? Yes, she was one of my favourite Angel The Series characters. As I loved watching her journey from the high school bitch having to learn to deal with life after high school to one of the most truly selfless and moral characters in the entire verse. Although there were a few moments we could have done without namely St. Cordelia of late s3.

2) What's your favourite season for Cordelia? Ooh its a toughie. Like Mogs It would either have to be S2 of Btvs or S2 of Ats. Both of these series nicely flesh out her character and show her transforming into a better person while still maintaining some of her bitchy facade. Season 2 really of Ats really shows Cordelia's development without going over board like late Season 3 and Btvs season 2 is where the character is really fleshed out for development.

3) What's your favourite look for Cordelia? I liked Cordelia for most of her time in both shows, but lets see I think she looked really hot in Buffy Season 2. Oh and of course in 'Your Welcome'

4) What your favourite relation of Cordelia? In terms of romance it would easily be Xander and Cordelia. I always found them to be a brillant couple and found some of the scenes between the two to be so sweet. The two that stand out in my mind is Cordelia picking Xander over her friends and him purchasing her prom dress. . In terms of friendship and nothing more. I loved Angel and Cordelia while I was never a fan of Cangel I definitely thought they made great friends. It was just amazing to watch their development from barely tolerating one another at the start of Season 1 to closest friends by the last time we saw the real one before her possession and death at the end of season 3.

5) What is your favourite line by Cordelia? God there is just way too many other than the obvious 'Your Welcome' in the episode of the same name. I pretty much have to go with nearly everything said by her in her encounter with Lilah in 'Billy' such a prefect mixture of hero and bitch. Yes I know I cheated

1) Do you think that Cordelia is powerful enough to do things (like visiting Angel, giving signs), or is she a messenger send by the PtB?A personal fanwank is that Cordelia is a messenger for the Powers That Be with perhaps some very minor powers. I have always imagined that perhaps she passes messages for the powers to their chamipons all over the world, which of course is not seen on the show. Her message to Angel in 'Your Welcome' is but one thing she does for the Powers.

2) Would you like it when she would return at times? Of course not to visit them and drink a beer with the gang, but for big events? Yes, I would love to see her character return every once in a while since I loved her. However, I wouldn't like to see her return too often, I think once every few seasons would be good and only in exceptional circumstances. It means that her guest appearances would still have an impact on the viewers in the way 'Your Welcome' did.

3) Do you think that it was a good move to kill Cordelia? No absolutely not. As I mentioned before she was one of my favourite character on Ats and they chose the worst way possible to kill her. Though at least they gave viewers closure by her appearance in 'Your Welcome'. I also think it was the beginning of Ats habit of killing off all of the main characters

4) When you saw YW, did you believe that Cordelia really died or did you believe that she became more (a higher being/soldier for PtB)? As I mentioned previously I personally believe that Cordelia is now a messenger for the Powers That Be. We have seen from the show that they have had other messengers such as Whistler or Doyle and I don't see why Cordelia couldn't be one too.

5) Why is Cordelia 'chosen' to play a bigger role than the other dead characters? I imagine that the reason is what she tells us in 'Your Welcome' The Powers That Be feel like they owe her. She didn't die at the right time for her and she wasn't finished her duties in the same way as Buffy was during her death in 'The Gift'

What is the worst thing Cordelia ever did? Accept the demonic powers from Skip. It was the start of her Saint Cordelia period and lead to her eventual takeover by Jasmine.
            Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Comment

1) What was the worst thing Cordelia ever did?

Honestly, she's never done anything truly bad so I'd have to pick something from her "Queen C" days back in Sunnydale. The only two times I thought her snarks were just too much were in 'Out of Mind, Out of Sight' when Buffy knocks into them and drops all her weapons and Cordy starts making fun of her saying "I don't know what this school accepts mentals like her." It's not anything particularly more nasty than what she usually said, but my heart melts for Buffy, Sarah makes her look so sad The other would be in 'Choices' when she says to Buffy, "I'm sorry Buffy this conversation is reserved for those of us who actually have a future" which is really low given she knew how Buffy could die.

I would like to point out that in both episodes Cordy's written to become sympathetic at the end though, and in 'Choices' her venomous attitude stems from her anger over Willow/Xander and her problems at home which I can kind of forgive.

Some new questions;

1) What is Cordy's best quality?

2) Was Cordy's development from highschool bitca to heroic champion believable and well done?

3) What's your most hated plot point in any of Cordy's journey?

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Great question MOGS

1) What is Cordy's best quality? For me it has to be her complete self-confidence. As proven by her astral form in birthday Cordelia was one of the most self-assured people that you could ever meet. She was strong and confident as a result of this, and I loved the fact that when Cordelia knew what she wanted she went for it. Such as when she went for her love of Xander over popularity in Bewildered, Bothered and Bewitched. Another amazing attribute of Cordelia is her complete selfless which for me was shown most clearly by her willingness to give up on her humanity in order to do the right thing.

2) Was Cordy's development from highschool bitca to heroic champion believable and well done?

Mostly I feel that the journey was well done and one of the most amazing to watch of the two shows. For me what made such a complete turnout believable is that even in her highschool bitch days. We got to see hints of the person that Cordelia was going to become. Whether it was helping the gang as best as she could in Prophechy Girl, placing her relationship with Xander and the other scoobies above her popularity or helping them out time after time albeit with a lot of complaint . For me the visions only strengthened the good that already existed in Cordelia. They allowed her as Wesley explained to experience all of the pains that go on the life of others, truly feel empathy for them and inspire the good person within her to try and help people as best as she could. So yes for me Cordelia journey from the person we met in 'Welcome to the Hellmouth' to the one we last saw in 'Your Welcome' or arguably 'After The Fall' was entirely believable.

3) What's your most hated plot point in any of Cordy's journey? Honestly it has to be the short blond haired Cordelia of late Season 3. I'm sorry as much as I love the character she was really starting to get on my nerves at that point. She was just too god damn perfect, she was so nice to everyone and with all the wise advice to Angel. But what happened to the slightly less perfect parts of Cordelia Chase what happened to the girl who confronted Lilah in Billy? The one who was always about doing the right thing but still managed to maintain a sense of self? This is of course assuming that were only talking about the real Cordelia and not the Jasmine possessed wannabe.

Some question of my own

1) Do you think the visions should have been given to Cordelia or should she have developed without them?

2) Did the Jasmine Arc affect your opinion of the character even after you found out the truth?
                Last edited by Bittersweettwit; 22-02-09, 12:18 AM.
                Livejournal

Comment

I agree that her self confidence is admirable. But it's not even just that, it's here shear determination and drive that is so impressive. Even when she's at her worst she never gives up, I loved how she was trying to remain positive in 'City Of..' when it's clear the situation she is in is terrible. She's always had a drive to succeed at her goals, even back in the very first season of Btvs when she wants to be the queen of the coronation to the point Xander/Cordy mock her for her campaign efforts, and state it goes even back to fifth grade. We've seen this develop throughout the years and it results in her being able to set Angel back on track one last night, "the Powers That Be owed me one and I didn't waste it, I got my guy back on track." Cordy managed to make the PTB do her a favour; pretty impressive.

I'm going to say "mostly" as well. As Vampmaster points out you can see glimpses of the person Cordy will become right throughout her high school years and it sails along smoothly until the end of season three. I have no idea what happened with the writing in those few episodes, but the Cordy who went on vacation with Groo was not the Cordy who came back from vacation. There was just no balance of snark/loveliness, it was all just "Saint Cordy" which felt odd and inappropriate. She didn't even talk the same, I cringed during her little speech to Connor with her "baby, baby ect" I mean WTF? They lost it with her character there but she was spot on again in 'You're Welcome.'

I'm going to say the Jasmine arc because of how it ended up with Cordy being ditched from the show, shoved into a convenient coma and then left to rot as new characters were introduced and she was pretty much forgotten until 'You're Welcome' then pretty much forgotten again after that episode. Her last full season and it isn't even her? Doesn't really work for me.

Do you think the visions should have been given to Cordelia or should she have developed without them?

Nah I'm glad she got the visions I think it was fitting they'd be passed onto her after Doyle as she was Angel's other closest confidant and it enabled the Angel/Cordy friendship to develop more when they had a reason to connect.

Did the Jasmine Arc affect your opinion of the character even after you found out the truth?

It did, but only in the way that it made me feel really sorry for her. As Angel says, she was violated and used up until there was nothing left of her and she had to eventually die, it just made me feel really bad for her character. It didn't make me dislike her character though and I was very relieved in many ways when I found out she was evil because it explained sleeping with Connor, being rather dull in comparison to how she usually was, not really being a part of the team ect.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

What was the worst thing Cordelia ever did?

I think it's funny that people can't forgive Cordelia's bitchy Highschool years but have no problem forgiving Willow, Wesley, Buffy, Angel etc. for their crimes which are way worse. Probably because a bitchy cheerleader in Highschool feels much more like their own nightmare people than a witch who skin people. That said, Cordelia said some harsh things but she was very rarely vicious. For a highschool tormenter; she was a nice one. Which is also her worst time as a person. She never killed, robbed banks, raped or tortured. Cordy is probably the most innocent person of all. And her worst act must be a harsh comment in her highschool years.

Her complete honesty. Cordelia never lies and always says what she thinks. They joke about it in BtVS, but it's a great quality for a serious character. Wouldn't it be great if everybody was honest? Yes Cordelia lacks tact in the most situations, but she is open and honest. And I think that this is also the reason why Angel opens up to her, nobody is more open than Cordelia.

Yes, especially because she is well written in the key episodes/seasons. It's a pity that the writers did with mature Cordelia the way they did and it took away some of the beautiful growth we saw in BtVS season 2 and the first Ats seasons.

I'm always confused when people can't buy Cordelia's march to championship in those 5 years but are okay with the total change Buffy made in less than a year (off-screen). According to Buffy, she was worse than Cordelia and in BtVS season 1 she was already totally different. If they can buy that, I don't see why they can't buy Cordelia doing the same in more time.

Well the evil!Cordy thing was terrible. But I can forgive the writers because of Charisma was pregnant and because it wasn't really Cordelia. So I'll go with Cordelia being too sainty and untrue to her own character.

1) Do you think the visions should have been given to Cordelia or should she have developed without them?
                    I'm really glad she got those. It gave her a purpose besides picking up the phone and putting bandage on the guys. I'm afraid that Cordelia without visions would be like Xander, the 5th weel waiting for the others to do something. The highpoint of her story would've been her romance with Groo or Angel.

2) Did the Jasmine Arc affect your opinion of the character even after you found out the truth?
                    No, I was very happy to find out that it wasn't Cordelia and it clicked in my head. Jasmine!Cordy=/=Cordy and that's what saves season 4 for me. But like Mogs, I feel bad for Cordelia and have great respect for her mature behavior in her last episode. She had a terrible fate and she was strong enough to deal with that and help her friends instead. Also her acceptance of her own death was beautiful for me, especially because Cordelia looked like she was still full of life. It was a real sacrifice, they really stole something away from her and she was big enough to get over it.
                    Last edited by Nina; 31-03-09, 06:54 PM.

Comment

1) Do you like Cordelia? I love Cordelia. She's my favourite character from any TV show, despite the fact that when I first started watching Buffy, I did not love her, LOL. I thought she was a bitch...but oh, how the bitch grew!

2) What's your favourite season for Cordelia? Angel Season 2. She was snarky enough to still be Cordelia but mature enough to recognize that she had purpose and that part of it was fighting side by side with Angel and the gang.

3) What's your favourite look for Cordelia? Hmmm, probably S1 of Angel.

4) What your favourite relation of Cordelia? Cordelia/Angel, without a doubt. Friendship, relationship, I could get behind both of it. I also loved the friendship she had with Wes/Gunn. That family dynamic in S2 was what made the show for me.

5) What is your favourite line by Cordelia? Oh God, do y'all have all day? LOL.

Uhm. If I HAVE to choose, I guess it's a toss up between three (what? lol) - the one in my signature, "Oh, and you're welcome." And "Earth to retards! You have an obsession, you pretty much squeeze it into your schedule, no matter what!"

1) Do you think that Cordelia is powerful enough to do things (like visiting Angel, giving signs), or is she a messenger send by the PtB? I think if Angel were in danger or Cordelia believed in whatever it was she had to tell them enough, then I don't think anything could stop her from doing it. Feisty one, aint she? I do believe that in You're Welcome her sole purpose was exactly what she said.

Angel was floundering and she chose to help him get back on track. I honestly think she'd have raised merry hell with the PTB to get them to let her to do it. (And, seriously? Who'd dare turn her down? *G*)

2) Would you like it when she would return at times? Of course not to visit them and drink a beer with the gang, but for big events? Everything in me wants to say yes to that and I've got a billion scenarios where I'd want it to happen but a big part of me says no... Her death meant something to Angel, to the others. Part of me thinks bringing her back would cheapen it, somehow.

3) Do you think that it was a good move to kill Cordelia? Lord, NO. And that explains all of my issues with Joss. There was so much unexplored potential there - Cordelia waking from her coma and seeing what'd happened while she'd been bodyjacked. I never for one minute believed that her story should have been over like that and, honestly, I contribute Cordelia's death to a big part of what killed the show.

Well, it was for me, at least. I stopped watching in S4 and I saw the bare minimum of S5 episodes, though I DID make sure to watch her last.

4) When you saw YW, did you believe that Cordelia really died or did you believe that she became more (a higher being/soldier for PtB)? More, definitely more. Some of her last words to Angel sealed the deal for me - "I'll be seeing you." Oh yes, she will.

5) Why is Cordelia 'chosen' to play a bigger role than the other dead characters? My honest opinion is that despite the ass-hattery of a certain someone? They knew what Cordelia meant to Angel. She was his grounding influence, I suppose... He made references himself to his being lost without her and it was right. The show itself, for me, sort of began to flounder without Cordelia. I adored Spike on Buffy and though I liked what I saw of him in S5, there was a big Cordelia-shaped hole.

What was the worst thing Cordelia ever did? Hmmm. Y'know, I don't honestly know how to answer that one, LOL. Not that I think Cordelia was a saint - she wasn't. She was a bitch in high school but it wasn't unforgivable and everything she said had a grain of truth in it. I point y'all towards this article here because it says things about our girl more eloquently than I ever could (and who doesn't love a bit of lip service to Cordelia every now and then?)

Okay, if I had to pick something, then I'd say the worst thing? Was Cordelia accepting Skip's offer of ascension in Tomorrow, even though she was completely duped. *mutters*

1) What is Cordy's best quality? Again, her honesty. I totally agree with what you said here, Nina. Absolutely word for word.

2) Was Cordy's development from highschool bitca to heroic champion believable and well done? I really do think it was, yeah. I think seeing what Cordelia did in her head on a regular basis changed her slowly. She started to become less shallow, more willing to help people... She was fiercely loyal to her friends and Angel's mission which more or less became her own too over the years.

That's what got me about S2 for Cordelia - Angel was able to walk away, abandon his mission to go all obsess-o over Darla... Cordelia, on the other hand, had no choice but to stay and fight. Angel's mission had become hers because of Doyle and the visions so whether Angel was there or not, she had to still fight.

3) What's your most hated plot point in any of Cordy's journey? Evil!Cordelia. I couldn't stomach much of it, to be honest, but taking a character that people loved and making her do things - whether she did them or not - was the biggest form of asshattery. Joss pulled a major MAJOR no-no there and while I understand it was to 'accomodate' Charisma's pregnancy? It was so utterly heartbreaking to watch.

And then the whole, we'll shove her in a coma crap. Just--What?!

1) Do you think the visions should have been given to Cordelia or should she have developed without them? I'm not sure how Cordelia would have developed without them, if I'm honest. Everything that happened to Cordelia in the later seasons of Angel, happened because of the visions. They made her who she was.

2) Did the Jasmine Arc affect your opinion of the character even after you found out the truth? Like I've mentioned, I couldn't bring myself to watch much of S4. Reading sides for eps was enough and I think my conscious decision to stop watching them butcher my favourite character came mid-season.

I vowed to start watching again in S5 thinking that maybe they could make part of it right in the aftermath but--Yeah, that didn't happen. I was left kinda mad at the writers for the whole WTF element - and kinda sad for Cordelia that she'd been duped when she thought she was doing the right thing becoming demonized and all.

Annnnd a couple of questions from me:

Taking out of the equation the whole 'ascension, higher being' stuff, what was Cordelia's biggest OOC moment for you?
                      We were denied a crossover where Cordelia went back to Sunnydale after she'd matured a little - how do you think the characters from Buffy would have reacted to her?
                      Christie | layout-whore | beyond-help

CORDELIA: It's gonna be a long while until you work your way out but I know you well enough to know you *will* and I'll be with you until you do. -- Judgement

Comment

Thanks for the questions Fic Bitch

Taking out of the equation the whole 'ascension, higher being' stuff, what was Cordelia's biggest OOC moment for you?

Probably most of the things she does after her trip to Mexico. I'd say it's a toss up between the scene with Cordy/Fred when Cordy completely dismisses the idea of seeing Wes because "Angel's feelings are the only one she cares about, he's her priority" which sounded so false to me and was clearly put in there just to set up Groo's insecurity and him leaving. The other being when Connor attacks her and she goes all glowy and healing and keeps calling him "baby" she'd never spoken like that before it didn't sound right at all.

I thought the first was completely OOC and actually one of the problems I have with Ats, if that had been Xander or Willow there's not a chance in hell the other wouldn't confront the other one if they stole Buffy's kid (unless it's season seven where they were ignored I guess) I just felt they started ruining the strength of all the other relationships, like Cordy/Wes, Cordy/Wes/Gunn which just fell to the waist side for Angel/Cordy, Angel/Connor or Angel/Wesley. In the other seasons Cordy would have confronted Wes about it, they're supposed to be best friends and had been through a lot with each other!

We were denied a crossover where Cordelia went back to Sunnydale after she'd matured a little - how do you think the characters from Buffy would have reacted to her?

I'll break it down the best I can;

Buffy: Surprised mostly but I'd actually think she'd be rather impressed, it all depends on how Cordy would act around her really because I'm not sure if the new and improved Cordy would still act bitchy and jealous towards Buffy like she did throughout Btvs and early Ats. If Cordy acted nice to Buffy, Buffy would act nice to Cordy ect. She would be impressed by Cordy's new fighting abilities me thinks but if you brought up Angel/Cordy then it'd get a little catty.

Willow: Well we've already seen this, they kept in contact and actually became pretty good friends which is really funny considering how much they disliked eachother early on in the verse.

Xander: Proud? Shocked? I'm really not sure about him. Probably a little pissed he's still not with her? The Cordy/Xander interactions would be something I'd really want to see!

Anya: Jealous.

Giles: Just stunned I think, he couldn't stand being around Cordy so I think if he was to learn she'd have become this selfless inspirational person who's sacrificed so much for the cause, has glowy powers and fighting abilities; well wow, would he be shocked.

New Questions:

1) Your favourite Cordy episode in Ats?

2) Your favourite Cordy episode in Btvs?

3) If Cordy could interact with one person from Sunnydale again who would it be and why?

4) Do you think it was unfair that Btvs rarely mentioned Cordy after she left the show? And do you think it was unfair we never got to see her say her goodbyes to Sunnydale and the gang?

5) What did you think of the way they handled the aftermath of Cordy’s death in season five of Ats?

I'll answer...

It’s a toss up between ‘Birthday’ and ‘You’re Welcome’ because they’re both very Cordy-centric episodes and show why she’s such an amazing character. ‘Birthday’ finally gives her what she’s always wanted ever since she came to LA, a successful acting career, but letting that go is also her final step of giving herself completely to the mission and to Angel. Cordy wasn’t even sure if it was going to alter her physically or mentally but she accepted becoming a part demon regardless of that. And ‘You’re Welcome’ is just fantastic for all the reasons people say it is.

Has to be 'B,B&B'. It shows all of Cordy’s flaws but really her transition from the Highschool bitca to becoming an official member of the Scooby Gang, it was her initiation episode. The ending is fantastic when she stands up for Xander and lays down the law with Harmony and I enjoyed how she wasn’t afraid to confront the pack of girls on all occasions when she felt she was being mistreated. I also felt really sorry for her when she has to pretend the necklace is in her locker when really she was wearing it around her neck, that was a great moment for the character.

3) If Cordy could interact with one person from Sunnydale again who would it be and why?

I was really tempted to say Xander but I will have to say Buffy. They’ve always been rivals of some sort and Buffy made the transition from Spordelia to heroic champion first so it’d be nice to see a Cordy who’s done the same stand by her side. I’m just really interested in what their reactions would be to one another and would really like to see some mutual respect and understanding between both of them. Cordy was always pretty insensitive to Buffy’s “Chosen One” status and even kind of disliked her for all the death and mayhem that surrounded her, “why is it every time I’m with you it always ends in misery, death and horror?” Cordy now understands what that is like. She was handed a destiny she didn’t ask for her and it changed her, she had to give up so much, I think she’d finally appreciate Buffy’s struggles.

4) Do you think it was unfair that Btvs rarely mentioned Cordy after she left the show? And do you think it was unfair we never got to see her say her goodbyes to Sunnydale and the gang?

I don’t think it was really unfair she wasn’t mentioned all that much, I can live with that. Though I don’t know about not getting to see her departure at the end of season three. I could have lived with that if they had at least brought it to our attention that she was actually leaving. It’s not even mentioned or hinted at a single time whereas it is for both Angel and Wesley. If people didn’t read external interviews ect they’d have been very surprised when they tune into ‘The Freshman’ and suddenly Cordy isn’t part of the cast anymore only to then tune into ‘City Of..’ and discover she’s now on Ats. Was it to much to ask that we didn’t get it mentioned at all? Perhaps just a small moment where she tells Xander she’s leaving Sunnydale or even a scene where she slips it out in front of the entire gang and they’re all kind of shocked and even a little sad to see her go? I dunno, something short and sweet would have been nice, just some recognition that she was going. It’s pretty much my only real legitimate criticism of season three.

5) What did you think of the way they handled the aftermath of Cordy’s death in season five of Ats?

It was horrible and in a way, and I know how ridiculous this sounds, it makes me resent Fred’s character a little, which I hate. Cordy was the heart of the team, said by Fred no less, for four years of the show, she was huge and suddenly no one besides Angel even mentions the fact she’s dead after ‘You’re Welcome’? No mourning, no silent moment for any of them, just nothing. A couple of episodes later and we have ‘A Hole In The World’ and ‘Shells’ and pretty much every subsequent episode after that dealing with Fred’s death and the huge effect it has on the entire team, but no such thing for Cordy? It was terrible IMO, and one of the things that really hurts season five and Ats in general. It’s embarrassing they’d let it actually play out like that, I just think they really treat her character horribly all of a sudden. I mean she’s not mentioned once even in the following episode, she died what like a week ago for the characters and it doesn’t bother them a bit?
                        Last edited by vampmogs; 22-02-09, 12:05 PM.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I agree with Mogs, her non-reaction after Connor's kidnap. All she did was hugging Angel. There was no anger, no confrontation with Wesley there was not even real sadness. Like she was above all the human emotions.

I think that Mogs is pretty spot on with his reactions, so I point at his post and say 'word'. I really would love it when there was some kind of team up with both teams. Buffy's crass 'joke' in season 8 and Andrew's words in 'Damage' were a nice indication of how the scoobies think about Wesley and Cordelia and how they don't take these two serious. So yes, I would love it when they had seen th other team.

Easy, 'You're Welcome'. I hated Lindsay plan and Angel's cheesy line. But all the Cordelia stuff was great, and everytime I watch that episode I miss her character in the show. It was a beautiful tribute for this amazing character..

Homecoming for me, it has Cordelia kicking ass. BtVS was a bit poor with Cordelia's development and depth. So I enjoy this episode the most, the episode where Cordelia shows how strong she is.

Buffy I think, and to be honest. It's more because I want Buffy to see how great Cordelia turned out than that I want to see a new bitchslap or snarkfest. The scoobies treating team Angel was always one of my peeves. But after the last comment Buffy made about Cordelia's dead I really want her to know what Cordelia did and who she was. Also it would be nice to see these two women of Angel interact. Both have such a different role in his life, I'm curious how they will interact. Joss ever said that they would laugh about it together, but I can't see why or how that would happen. But I would say, show it to me.

I'm not sure if unfair is the right word, but when I watched season 4 I had never heard of Angel. And I really had no idea where Cordelia went to, the one moment she was there and the next she was gone. Really weird storytelling.

5) What did you think of the way they handled the aftermath of Cordy's death in season five of Ats?
                          They could've done a bit more, Fred got all that grieving and Cordelia was forgotten the episode after she died. I can fanwank it a bit when I say that they already lived without Cordelia for so long that it was more a final goodbye than a real one. But yes, I'm happy that Brian Lynch included some Cordelia talk in ATF.

Comment

New Question;

1) A lot of people hate Angel's plan in 'Power Play/Not Fade Away' but the more I think about it, the more I think Cordy and the PTB wanted him to go in this direction. It was her visions that pointed Angel to the Blackthorn. Do you think this is what they wanted Angel to do? And do you think it justifies what Angel did?

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

1) A lot of people hate Angel's plan in 'Power Play/Not Fade Away' but the more I think about it, the more I think Cordy and the PTB wanted him to go in this direction. It was her visions that pointed Angel to the Blackthorn. Do you think this is what they wanted Angel to do? And do you think it justifies what Angel did?
                              Well the PtB don't want W&H to influence Angel (the whole prophecy and last apocalypse thing). So it would make sense if they showed Angel something that would free him so they could influence him again. They also wanted that Angel would die (Cordelia was there to get him) so hell would be finished and Angel would be no longer in the power of W&H. So yes, I think that Angel did what the PtB wanted him to do.

But that doesn't take away Angel's resposibility. He has a free will and if he chooses something like this, it's his fault. But that said, I never hated Angel plan in NFA, it was stupid that he never thought about his punishment, because he knows that W&H won't kill him because of the prophecy. And Holtz already told him that there are worse things than death. But the plan was great and honorable. He made a stand, he wanted to show the strength of humanity. It was crazy but also very brave and I never got the hate for his plan. It was a decent plan made with good intentions.

Comment

Yeah I agree with you Nina, I believe Angel did what both Cordy and the PTB wanted him to do by giving him that vision. I'm sure someone could try and argue that he "misinterpreted" the vision but I don't really see how? There's no other reason Cordy would show him the Blackthorn if she didn't want him to try and stop it, there'd be no point in showing it to him if she wanted him to sit back and do nothing. He did what they wanted him to do, and IMO if Cordy believes it's right, given my faith in her character, I believe it's right too. Cordy never blames him for anything in 'After the Fall' either so I think she understood why he did what he did.

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                                But that doesn't take away Angel's resposibility. He has a free will and if he chooses something like this, it's his fault.
                                Oh I agree, someone can choose not to follow a vision.

But that said, I never hated Angel plan in NFA, it was stupid that he never thought about his punishment, because he knows that W&H won't kill him because of the prophecy. And Holtz already told him that there are worse things than death. But the plan was great and honorable. He made a stand, he wanted to show the strength of humanity. It was crazy but also very brave and I never got the hate for his plan. It was a decent plan made with good intentions.
                                I've never understood the hate for it either, or the particular hate people have towards Angel for it when everyone on his team were as guilty as him when they raised their hand to show they believed in it and that it was "something worth dying for."

But the plan was in many ways admirable, I agree that the message behind it was rather poignant, he wanted to show Wolfram and Hart that they don’t own him, that they can’t suppress humanity and that as much as they try and control the world and our lives, Angel and his friends were going to show them how strong humanity really could be. It wasn’t about winning, it was about sending a message to the Senior Partners that they underestimate what humanity is capable of, and they all truly believed it was a message they were willing to sacrifice themselves for; I’m ok with that.

I’ll never blame Angel or anybody for sending LA to Hell, the Senior Partners did that and it’s utterly ridiculous that you can blame him for how the bad guys shove back. You could say that about anyone really, would Buffy be justified to blame Willow in ‘Tough Love’ should Glory have killed Dawn when she comes back and tears their wall down looking for revenge, “this isn’t over you here me it isn’t over!” because Willow took a stand against a demented evil god? Hardly. It’s the good guys right to fight back and they shouldn’t be blamed when the bad guys fight back in their own way, if everyone had that attitude we wouldn’t have champions.

The only thing I think people have legitimate reasons to dislike is Angel killing Drogyn. I actually don't really hold it against Angel for killing him because as Angel states, "they would have killed us both" and that would have been more pointless, so he was right to do it so at least one of them survived when Drogyn was going to die anyway. Drogyn was never a "sacrifice" that many people claimed, he never planned for the Circle to capture Drogyn he only wanted Drogyn in LA to warn the others. What I do see people's POV on is that Drogyn was only in that situation because of Angel, which I can understand to some degree and of course killing him is going to cause people some grief, but ultimately I think he did what he had to do. It reminds me of 'Alias' when Sidney has to stab Vaughn to save herself and her cover or they'd both be killed.
                                Last edited by vampmogs; 22-02-09, 02:02 PM.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Yes, it's sad that such a great person as Drogyn got killed because of Angel's plan. And without Angel's plan he wouldn't be killed. Thats all true but when Angel found out that Drogyn was captured it was already too late, Angel couldn't save Drogyn anymore. At least now Drogyn died for a good thing. If Angel would have spared him they both would've been killed without any purpose.

For me the only questionmarks are around Lindsay's death. What did Lorne see in Lindsay's aura/head?
                                  Last edited by Nina; 31-03-09, 06:59 PM.

Comment

1) Taking out of the equation the whole 'ascension, higher being' stuff, what was Cordelia's biggest OOC moment for you? I'm going to have to go with most of the answers given so far and say Cordelia's lack of reaction to the whole Connor kidnap thing. Sure I can understand that she wanted to help Angel get through it, I really do and I think it's great that she is able to put her friend's needs first. But the Cordelia Chase we all know and loved would have also had something to stay to Wesley herself, even if she didn't let Angel know about it before hand. Other than that I think I also disliked when Cordelia told Angel to go ahead and kill Holtz as long as he told Connor about it. I just don't think at this stage she would have advocated a needless killing of a human especially in a way which could cause further estrangement between Connor and Angel.

2) We were denied a crossover where Cordelia went back to Sunnydale after she'd matured a little - how do you think the characters from Buffy would have reacted to her? This is something that I've always wondered myself. For me the two most interesting interactions to watch would be either Cordelia and Buffy, or Cordelia and Xander. For me Cordelia and Buffy would now have a level of understanding that hardly anyone else could achieve. Both started off as the local high school bitch, but were given a mission and special abilities that they didn't ask for, which helped them develop into one of the nicest and most selfless people you could ever meet with a twinge of the bitchiness still within them. I think Cordelia would likely apologise for all of the hard times that she gave Buffy and let go of the resentment she had about the trail of death and destruction that was in her wake.

Cordelia and Xander meeting again would also be amazing to see. I think if Anya were out of the picture at this point the two of them may have possibly got back together and had a mutual respect from all of the maturing that both have went through since they last saw each other. I think he would be proud of her for becoming the great person that he knew from her time in Sunnydale that she could become. Though not as interesting for me I think Cordelia and Giles would be an amazing encounter to see. I think the best word to describe his potential feelings would probably be shocked. I think he too would be proud of Cordelia's transformation form the self-absorbed girl he couldn't stand to selfless warrior.

3) Your favourite Cordy episode in Ats?It would have to be ?Birthday' not only was this episode a Cordelia centric one which I loved, but it also highlighted how far she has become since ?City Of' Here is the same girl who was completely self-absorbed with how she looked and was seen by now willing to give up her humanity not knowing where the changes she was going to go through would be mental or physical. I think it was an amazing episode for Cordelia.

4) Your favourite Cordy episode in Btvs? Oh it's a toss up between BB&B or Homecoming. BB&B was an amazing episode for her as we got to see her finally let go of her need to be popular and choose her true relationship with Xander over the false one she had with Harmony and the other girls. ?Homecoming' was just fantastic as we got to see the first traces of just how strong a person Cordelia really is. I loved her speech to Lyle at the end of the episode shows just how intimidating she could be when she wanted.

5) If Cordy could interact with one person from Sunnydale again who would it be and why?Xander, I would just love to see how he would react to the new and improved Cordelia. I also think that if it were ever possible they would have made an amazing couple now that both have matured since they last meet

6) Do you think it was unfair that Btvs rarely mentioned Cordy after she left the show? And do you think it was unfair we never got to see her say her goodbyes to Sunnydale and the gang? No I don't, after all we got to see plenty of her in Ats especially in the early years and as a result there was no real need for constantly mentioning the character on Buffy The Vampire Slayer. The only thing is it would have been nice, if they had of indicated somewhere towards the end of Season 3 that Cordelia was leaving the show rather than leaving it a surprise to viewers when they found her starring in ?City Of'

7) What did you think of the way they handled the aftermath of Cordy's death in season five of Ats? Oh absolutely horrible has to be one of the worst moves that the show ever made. If you compare the death of Fred in ?Shells' and the aftermath of it compared to Cordelia's death in ?Your Welcome' these is just no comparison. For pretty much the rest of the season we were shown how Fred's death affected each of the characters particularly Wesley while after ?Your Welcome' Cordelia didn't get another mention except that she passed Angel a one shot vision. Though admittedly Fred's death could have hit the gang that much harder as they were constantly reminded of it with the presence of Illyria.

8) A lot of people hate Angel's plan in 'Power Play/Not Fade Away' but the more I think about it, the more I think Cordy and the PTB wanted him to go in this direction. It was her visions that pointed Angel to the Blackthorn. Do you think this is what they wanted Angel to do? And do you think it justifies what Angel did? Yes, I think it was what both Cordelia and the Powers That Be wanted. As we learnt from Cordelia in ?Your Welcome' both she and the powers wanted to get Angel back on the right path and out of the control of the seniors partners. I think that they knew that the only real way for Angel to achieve this would be a direct hit against the Senior Partners and through the vision they provided Angel with the means of truly hurting the Senior Partners where it hurt. However it wasn't all their fault, they gave Angel the means of how to achieve this, he was the one who chose to go through with the strike knowing that their would be consequences for him and all of those involved.
                                    Livejournal

Comment

Of all the things they did to Cordelia and her character, making her care less about her other friends (eg, Wesley) was probably one of the worst. No way in hell would the 'real' Cordelia have not gone to see him after she came back from Mexico. This is where I sometimes have trouble believing that Cordelia wasn't really Cordelia from the beginning of S4 when she returned from the Higher Realms. I think that much of the change was gradual in that Cordelia wasn't really herslf when she came back from holiday with Groo and though I did like *some* of the Cordelia/Angel moments when I first saw them in later S3? Now I look back and thing that a few of them were really kind of OOC for her.

One of my other one's? Is Disharmony, when Cordelia just forgives Angel for abandoning them because he bought her clothes. I always thought there should have been more fallback from that, especially given how hurt she was at him abandoning them all for Darla.

I agree with most of what you said here, Mogs. I think, honestly, that Cordelia would have had to work at getting their acceptance - even just going from the fact that she'd grown and changed, a lot of them would have probably reverted to type around her and I think she might have done the same at first. I never actually saw the ep where Willow crossed over to ATS in S4 but I liked how it was implied a couple of times throughout the show that Cordelia had kept in touch with her. Did I think it was odd it was with Willow? Sure, I'd probably have expected it to be more about Xander but at least the ties weren't completely severed there (even if they were never mentioned on BTVS).

Your favourite Cordy episode in Ats?

Again, what you guys said for this. Birthday was probably the best Cordelia-centric episode as we learned how far she'd go for her friends - giving up her normal life, the career she'd always wanted. And while YW was also one of the best? It was also one of the saddest, especially when you consider the fact that it was the first time we'd seen Cordelia in a year and a half.

Rm w/a Vu remains one of my favourites too here, however. Simply for the fact that it showed when Cordelia was down? She always came back swinging. "I'm not a snivelling, whiny little Cry-Buffy. I'm the nastiest girl in Sunnydale's history." Yay, Cordy! LOL.

4) Your favourite Cordy episode in Btvs?

One of my favourites will always remain Out of Sight, Out of Mind. Cordelia's speech at the end about how she could be surrounded by people and feel truly alone showed she had so much more depth than anyone had imagined. And BB&B - simply because of her Sheep Speech to Harmony. Who truly was Cordelia's sheep. *nods*

If Cordy could interact with one person from Sunnydale again who would it be and why?

Hmmm, I'd probably go with Xander on this one too but much later Xander. I'm sort of torn, I admit, with wanting her to interact with Buffy again but there were moments where Cordelia and Xander were really kind of sweet to one another and it would be nice for each of them to see how the other one had grown.

Do you think it was unfair that Btvs rarely mentioned Cordy after she left the show? And do you think it was unfair we never got to see her say her goodbyes to Sunnydale and the gang?

I don't think it was unfair... A little odd, perhaps. And I would have liked to see her say her goodbyes but... The Cordelia in my head strikes me as someone who wouldn't have done the whole drawn out goodbye speech, especially given the fact that we never knew if anyone other than Xander knew her folks'd lost all their money. To this end? I could see Cordelia telling only one person - maybe Xander - and deciding she'd head back to Sunnydale when she was a famous actress or something. Cordelia doesn't take to pity to well, I reckon.

What did you think of the way they handled the aftermath of Cordy’s death in season five of Ats?

What aftermath? I read sides for months hoping for a glimmer of something, a floundering Angel, perhaps? Nothing, nada... But then I didn't really expect it given that she was only mentioned a grand total of once during S5 before You're Welcome (and even then HARMONY brought her up...the same Harmony who'd tried to kill them all but, y'know, whatever.) I thought the way they treat her death was appalling. We could've at least been given a send off or something... But nothing. One episode to tie up the heart of Angel Investigations and her ties to the rest of the gang... If her not going to see Wesley after he kidnapped Connor was OOC? Then the fact that nobody mentioned her again once she'd died was even more so... </here endeth the rant> lol.

A lot of people hate Angel's plan in 'Power Play/Not Fade Away' but the more I think about it, the more I think Cordy and the PTB wanted him to go in this direction. It was her visions that pointed Angel to the Blackthorn. Do you think this is what they wanted Angel to do? And do you think it justifies what Angel did?

I really didn't hate this, though I truly thought I would. Angel went out the way he was supposed to, IMO - he went out swinging with the people who were supposed to be fighting standing right by his side and doing what was right. In my opinion, much of what I saw of S5 was leading up to this. If fighting from the belly of the beast was what Angel set out to do? Then, to this end, he'd achieved it. He'd fought W&H from the outside himself for years... Cordelia's death, the PTB... everything that happened set it up so that he could fight, he could truly make a difference. Deep down, I think Angel probably knew that making this kind of stand wouldn't end well for them.

The only part I disagreed with was what he had Lorne do. I agree that everyone had to play their part and that Lindsey was, more often than not, part of the solution. But getting Lorne to do it? Made me sad.
                                      Christie | layout-whore | beyond-help

CORDELIA: It's gonna be a long while until you work your way out but I know you well enough to know you *will* and I'll be with you until you do. -- Judgement

Comment

1)What is Cordy's best quality? I think her tactlessness is kind of her worst and best quality. With Cordy what you see is what you get - like in Earshot she just always says what she thinks.

2) Was Cordy's development from highschool bitca to heroic champion believable and well done? Yes because she never completely lost her high school personality, she could still be bitch when she wanted to. However losing everything and having to depend on herself rather than on her father changed her, made her a nicer person.

3) What's your most hated plot point in any of Cordy's journey? Well it has to be the Jasmine arc, I just found this really boring and making her evil was just bad.

Do you think the visions should have been given to Cordelia or should she have developed without them? I never really thought of this, I don't think it matters that they were given to her.

Did the Jasmine Arc affect your opinion of the character even after you found out the truth? I think the only thing it affected if I'm honest is that Cordy leaving the show wouldn't have completely ruined it (or it didn't for me anyway) The only thing I hated was how they did all this to her and it would have been so much better to have had the real Cordy in Season 4.

Taking out of the equation the whole 'ascension, higher being' stuff, what was Cordelia's biggest OOC moment for you? I agree about the way she was after she came back from Mexico, it wasn't like her, she hadn't been there and I think she would have wanted to hear what had actually happened. She would have been really upset aswell, this is a baby we are talking about, she loved him and he had just been taken to a demon dimension.

We were denied a crossover where Cordelia went back to Sunnydale after she'd matured a little - how do you think the characters from Buffy would have reacted to her? I honestly don't know if they would have liked her because she is no longer the person they knew. I think she may have come across as patronizing, because she does seem to act a lot older than they do.

A lot of people hate Angel's plan in 'Power Play/Not Fade Away' but the more I think about it, the more I think Cordy and the PTB wanted him to go in this direction. It was her visions that pointed Angel to the Blackthorn. Do you think this is what they wanted Angel to do? And do you think it justifies what Angel did? Yes I do, even though it would have meant people dying, this is what happens in a war and this war needed to happen to make W & H realise they could be hurt.

Your favourite Cordy episode in Ats? Probably Birthday because I like seeing what could have happened to her.

Your favourite Cordy episode in Btvs? Homecoming probably because she showed just how tough she can be. She didn't need Buffy here and it showed that she has a strength back then that the others didn't have.

If Cordy could interact with one person from Sunnydale again who would it be and why? I think it would have to be Giles actually, I'd like to see if he preferred her now that she had grown, also I think he would be impressed at how tough she is.

Do you think it was unfair that Btvs rarely mentioned Cordy after she left the show? And do you think it was unfair we never got to see her say her goodbyes to Sunnydale and the gang? No, I never really thought about it because while she still saw them a lot, she wasn't really part of the gang anymore. When she broke up with Xander I think she broke the tie between them.

What did you think of the way they handled the aftermath of Cordy’s death in season five of Ats? I agree they could have done more, I think this was maybe just very hard for them to talk about. With Fred/Illryia they had no choice but to feel it all the time because she was always there still.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X