Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is Your Favorite Character Ever on BTVS or ATS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Your Favorite Character Ever on BTVS or ATS?

Who is You Most Favorite Character Ever on BTVS or ATS.

**Choose one and Vote on the Poll

**Then Choose Five Runner Up Characters that You Love

On The Character You Voted For:

1. What Season Did You Most Love Him/Her In?

2. Is There a Peticular Pairing You Enjoyed them in the Most?

3. What Do You Think Were Some of Their Best Moments on The Show

----

I Chose Spike

He's My Favorite Character on Either BTVS or ATS.
    Even Though I'm female , it's strange I tend to relate to him the most, when it comes to his POV.

1. I loved him most in Season 5 of BTVS : It was in my opinion where you could really start to see Spike's evolution start to take place. He was moving from monster to man. To see that start and then to just progress more and more was fanciating.

2. My Favorite Pairing in the Entire Jossverse is SPUFFY: I adore James and Sarah's chemistry. I enjoyed once again the evolution that took place, from enemies, to reluctant allies, to confidants, to lovers, to friends, to people who loved and trusted one another.

3. Some of my most Favorite Moments:

- Spike's Flashbacks and Spike/Buffy 'Fool For Love'
    - Spike Revealing He Has a Soul in 'Beneath You'
    - Spike and Buffy Getting it on in 'Smashed'
    - Spike/Buffy/Angel in 'Lover's Walk'

- Spike/Angel's Fight in 'Destiny' and Caveman/Astronaut Speech in 'A Hole in The World'

- Spike's Speech and Spike/Buffy holding eachother in 'Touched'
    - Spike Sacrificing himself in 'Chosen'
    - Spike/Dru Arriving 'School Hard'
    - Spike/Buffy in 'Afterlife'
    - Spike in 'Lies My Parents Told Me'

* Runner Up Characters*
    1. Buffy : Of Course
    2. Anya
    3. Fred/Illyria
    4. Xander
    5. Angel
    Buffy
    22.88%
    Angel/Angelus (Which Do You Like More? )
    12.71%
    Spike
    25.42%
    Willow
    8.47%
    Cordelia
    5.93%
    Xander
    4.24%
    Anya
    1.69%
    Fred/Illyria (Which Do You Like More? )
    1.69%
    Wesley
    4.24%
    Tara
    1.69%
    Oz
    2.54%
    Gunn
    0.00%
    Darla
    0.85%
    Drusilla
    0.85%
    Lilah
    0.85%
    Riley
    0.00%
    Connor
    0.00%
    Dawn
    0.00%
    Faith
    2.54%
    Other (Explain)
    3.39%
    Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen
    TV Guide: Spike and Buffy #1 Hottest Scene- March 2008

My favourite is Angel, I love Angelus and his evilness but my love for Angelus is nowhere near the complete adoration of Angel.

I love Angel in every season, even in BtVS season 1. And in Ats he has every season a good arc. But I think that his arc in Ats season 2 is the most interesting one and if I had to pick the season where I like him the most as a person, that would be Ats season 1 and Ats season 4. And he is amazing in ATF, I would almost say too amazing.

I like Angel with almost everybody, only the girl from 'She' (Bai Ling *shudder*) was somebody I never want to see near Angel again. And I never really watched that episode but the scenes I saw were painful. Also Angel/Cordelia I enjoyed more as friends and not until You're Welcome I could enjoy the ship. My favourite is still Buffy/Angel but I enjoy the Angel/Nina ship (or at least the potential that it has) and also Angel/Cordelia post season 4. Kate and Angel are fine by me as well but their chemistry was off. The Darla/Angelus ship is one of the greatest ships in the verse, not only are these two great together as a team, they know eachother so perfectly and they just fit. Also they refuse to call it love, but their bond is strong and they really care about eachother while being deliciously evil and never sappy.

Oh no, Angel has amazing moments in the 8 seasons + ATF he starred in. My favourite moment is when he tells Holtz that he is sorry. Not only does he show a healthy view on his past (it wasn't really his fault, he was a soulless vampire), he also respects his victims and is big enough to do that all after what Holtz did to him.

Also his speeches in Epiphany and Deep Down, his scene with Connor in Home, his last scene with Cordelia before she dies and I love how he kisses Darla's hand before she stakes herself.

list with favourite characters;

1. Angel
    2. Wesley

3. Cordelia

4. Xander
    5. Buffy
    6. Lilah
    7. Darla

(But this list is a complete mess, sometimes the numbers 4-7 are switched and also Connor appears sometimes in the list, the same for Giles, Oz and Faith)
    Last edited by Nina; 22-12-08, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Mine is absolutely Angel. I just love everything about that charachter.

I think season3 of Ats. I love how we see his feelings growing for Cordy. And I love his awkwardness around her. That's also probbably his funniest season.

Cangel, it's my favourite pairing in the verse. I just love how they're growing from friends to lovers.

I love some of the little things he do sometimes. Like him running down to dead buffy in Prophecy girl. I can watch that scene over and over again. Or him smiling and saying hi to Cordy at the end of Epiphany.
      Another favoruite is in To chanshu in LA when he finds out that he's gonna be alive.

Runner ups:
      1. Cordy
      2. Darla
      3. Wesley
      4. Fred
      5. Lorne

Comment

Wesley, followed closely by Giles.
        You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

Forgot to put Giles and Lorne on Poll.. must punish myself.

And I went over that list like 400 times to see if I left anyone off it, too.
          Maybe I shouldn't have added Riley or Darla/Dru.. .

Sorry for those who feel slighted by that.
          Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen
          TV Guide: Spike and Buffy #1 Hottest Scene- March 2008

Comment

Another Angel lover here, though Spike is a veeeery close second.
            I prefer Angel to Angelus, though Angelus is my favourite villain probably.

After Angel and Spike there is a gap so to say, and I don't really know in which order come the others. I also like Buffy, Oz and Wesley, I harbour a certain fondness for Connor... Hard to say really.

As for pairings, it's Angel/Buffy (but funnily also Spike/Buffy) - so let's just have Angel/Buffy/Spike. Ooooh, look at the lovely Slayer sandwich...

I particularly love Angel V, but there hardly is any season where I don't like Angel, except Buffy I, where he is just so lame compared to what he later on is like. Favourite Angel seasons would be Buffy II and Angel II and V, favourite Spike seasons Buffy IV-VII (yeah, talk about someone unable to suss out what he wants lol and of course Angel V.

Particularly strong scenes with Angel are often when he suffers, for some reason (and the creators really are cruel with him, especially after I saw that recent ATF spoiler...). I would be hard tried to name a list of favourites because I seriously haven't seen all the episodes so often to have that overview (some I've only ever seen once), but there is one moment between Angel and Spike in particular that I would like to name: after they realise that Fred will have to die in A Hole in the World. I also like their conversation at the end of Damage, and the cavemen vs. astronauts quarrel is absolutely priceless. Then of course there are their scenes with Buffy... Well, I had better stop rambling now.
            Sin is what I feast upon
            I'm forging my crematorium
            Your tomb is waiting here for you
            Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Is it okay if I write a novel?

Angel...shocking I know. I truly feel he is one of the greatest characters ever developed and I know that is bold coming from two shows who are very rich in fantastic characters.

5 others?

#2 is Giles- His relationships with every character are fascinating, I loved watching his journey and I felt his absence everytime he was gone. He has so many layers, so many sides to himself...I just love him. ASH is truly amazing to watch, and I thought he personally brought so much to the character because he is such a talent (not to take away from the creators or writers, just meant it was inhanced even more by the actor playing the part)

#3 Spike- Tremendous character, and again thanks to the actor who plays him has tremendous chemistry with every other actor and thus every relationship or interaction with other characters is fascinating.

#4- Wesley- probably the most evolution of a character in the verse which with the above characters on the list is saying something. His journey his was hard and tragic, yet there was always an underlined strength in him. I just love Wesley to death. Thank you Alexis D. for your amazing portrayel.

# 5- Willow- Again so many transitions...transformations that she goes through. Love her relationships with every other important character throughout the verse'. And AH is a powerhouse.

#6 Oz- Though his stay in the verse is much more brief than the rest of my list, I loved what he brought to the show. He said so much in so little and I always felt he was a breath of fresh air. He was just...fabulous.

1. What Season Did You Most Love Him/Her In? That is such hard question. I am going to say season two of Angel. He looses his hope, his faith he can make a difference, his friends, and makes a few very controversial choices, yet he gets through all of that and comes out stronger and better than he was before. If I ever had only one season to show why Angel was such an amazing character, that is the season I would choose.

2. Is There a Peticular Pairing You Enjoyed them in the Most?I have always enjoyed him the most with Buffy and all their melodrama I was fascinated by him and Darla, loved his friendship with Cordy but even after all this time, with so much that has happened...I still love my Bangel the most.

In BtVS-#1The Prom, giving Buffy a good memory, understanding how important that night was to her. When he is shown standing there in that tux, every time I loose it. Just beautiful.
              #2 Graduation Day part 2-We get a glimpse of truly badass Angel, one we would get to see much more of in his own series and the fact that he changes his mind and finds away to "say goodbye" to Buffy, he had a lot of good moments there.

As Angelus- Passion, it showed in my opinion the epitomy of why he was such a brilliant villain and I don't think BtVS ever quite found one to take his place.

In Ats- Pretty much all of City of..., His choice in IWRY, His Epiphany speech, his speech to his son about being champions, *possibly my favorite*- his response to Jasmine while they are fighting "I didn't say it was smart, I said it was our right...it's what makes us human." Jasmine says-"But you're not human." Angel replies-"Working on it."
              I am going to put spoiler tags for the rest for those who have not finished Ats and read After the Fall.
              Spoiler:
              Giving Connor a chance at a new life...with no memory of him, Signing away his possiblity of receiving the Shanshu Prophecy, and the very end of Not Fade Away,

After the Fall-
              Spoiler:
              Trying to fix his mistakes, still willing to fight though he is now human

Phew, that was hard to not go on and on...I really was trying to keep it somewhat short
              Last edited by Boltmaiden; 22-12-08, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Spike, the eternal underdog. But my love for both Wesley and Angel making them a very close second.

Spike

Season 5

2. Is There a Particular Pairing You Enjoyed them in the Most?

Spuffy, although as a slash gal I'd love to have seen him paired with Angel more.

Oh god....."Every night I save you" "To the Angel mobile away!" All of Fool for love. The fight in Destiny. Spike first appearance in School Hard. Oh god I could go on, but I haven't got all night.

Comment

On The Character You Voted For: Buffy

I loved her in all the seasons but it would be hard to beat season 2&3 (Tied) with a stick.

Buffy and Angel
                  Buffy and Giles in father and daughter roles
                  Buffy with the Scoobs, amazing core dynamic

The "Me!" moment in Becoming.
                  Her sacrifice in "The Gift".
                  The entire Faith arc, following over to Angel, the series.
                  All of Checkpoint.
                  The "I don't want to die" scene from Prophecy girl.
                  The end of Chosen
                  The episode Anne, Enemies and IWRY.
                  Her performance in The Body.

Whosoever Shall Call Upon the Name of the Lord Shall Be Saved!

Comment

Spike ('cause, like Sue, I love me some underdogs), very closely followed by Buffy.

What season did you most love him/her in?

Season 5 of Buffy. And the same for Buffy, actually.

Is there a particular pairing you enjoyed them in the most?

Spike/Buffy, ever since Becoming. Nothing else even comes close.

What do you think were some of their best moments on the show?

For Spike, gotta be... all of Fool for Love, his reunion with Buffy in After Life, the church scene in Beneath You, his death scene in Chosen, and his fight with Angel in Destiny.

For Buffy, it's her kicking Angelus in the nuts in Innocence and her scene with her mother in the same episode, her all-encompassing "Me" in Becoming, her death scene in The Gift, her "I love you" and her final beginning-of-a-smile in Chosen.

(All of these listed in chronological order, not sure I can pick favourites among these favourites.)

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Got to be Angel.

Well, all of the Seasons of Angel.

Erm, I liked Angel and Darla. From the ravages of darkness, a glimmer of hope sounding the bells of salvation...

Got to be his Epiphany moment and also helping Faith on the road to redemption.

Bubbling Under

Faith and Wes: because tortured is officially cool.
                      Tara: because nice people also deserve recognition.
                      Giles: For being a cool funky daddy of a Watcher and because tweed isn't always a bad thing.

Comment

Willow.

All of them. Wouldn't have been the same show without her.

Willow & Tara, with Willow & Kennedy a close second.
                        "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange..." - Willow Rosenberg, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Comment

Wesley

All... Mostly on Angel though. If I had to choose, I'd go with end of season three forwards. The gruffy looking Wes that is. he's just ?ber-cool and whatnot.

Lilah Though I'm a big, gigantic, ultimate Fred/Wes shipper I have this special place for Wes and Lilah. It's unexpected, yet perfect. How they in a way try, but can't. How they understand more of the other than they give each other credit for. Brilliance.

Spin the Bottle, Wes as sixteen being afraid of his arms. So hilariously perfect! Also, in Orpheus when he's talking about having been in a dark place with Willow of all people. Again with the brilliance. Then again, I love most scene's with Wesley (when he's not doing something really stupid like betraying Angel^^).

Bubblers (in not so much a particular order):
                          Angelus/Angel (with Angelus first^^)
                          Spike (duh!)
                          Faith (come to love that girl)
                          Fred
                          Cordy! (Mostly on Angel though)

Comment

Buffy

All of them, really. Seasons 2 & 5 definitely stand out though.

Spuffy was the most interesting I think. It was a really dark, interesting relationship. With lots of hot sex scenes

Too many to remember! Her amazing sacrifice in The Gift and "Me" in Becoming, Part II would top the list. But, really - there's pretty much a great Buffy moment in every episode.

Comment

Voted for Spike.

Five Runner Up Characters

Buffy, Angel, Faith, Wesley, Xander.

Season 5 BtVS.

Spike and Buffy.

The final scene in Intervention. All their scenes in Chosen. And, for some reason their exchange in Tabula Rasa: "I'm a vampire with a soul!" - "A vampire with a soul? How lame is that?"
                              ________
                              Hero Honda Cbz
                              Last edited by Moscow Watcher; 18-03-11, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Buffy, all the way. Angel is a very close second.

For Buffy, I loved her in seasons 1-3 best, but still adored her in every season. The best seasons FOR her were seasons 1-5. For Angel, loved him in all of his Buffy seasons and loved, loved, loved seasons 1 and 2 of AtS best.

Buffy/Angel - there is a reason Joss said they transcend everything and I couldn't agree more.

Buffy - so many - Prophesy Girl, Becoming II, Anne, Grad Day II, Primeval, Checkpoint, The Gift, Chosen.

Angel - Amends, Gingerbread, all of season 1 and 2 of Angel, Home, NFA.

And of course, I've loved every bit of their interactions with each other over the years - particularly, "Angel", "What's My Line", "Surprise", "Becoming II", "Enemies", "The Prom", "Amends", Grad Day II", "Forever", "I Will Remember You", "Chosen".

-Luc
                                sigpic

"If you're an Angel/Buffy fan, there's a big payoff," - Jeremy Atkins, Darkhorse

Comment

[QUOTE=Dazzling;315147]Who is You Most Favorite Character Ever on BTVS or ATS.

**Choose one and Vote on the Poll

**Then Choose Five Runner Up Characters that You Love

----

Buffy. I choose Buffy because I think she is amazing, she has amazing strenght and I understand her and I understand most of her decisions.
                                  Favourite season: All seasons are important for her, but S2 and S5 were the ones who changed her. S2 was her loss of innocence and after Angel, she was never the same again. S5 was all about growing up and taking responsabilities.
                                  Particular pairing: Angel. Although I love her relationship with Spike, she will never had with others what she had with Angel.
                                  Best moments: Killing Angel in order to save the world and sacrificing herself to save Dawn.

Runner-ups:
                                  1. Willow
                                  2. Spike
                                  3. Cordelia/Wesley
                                  4.Tara
                                  5. Angel

Honorable mentions: Fred, Lilah, Dawn, Oz, Xander, Anya

Comment

Funny, until now Buffy, Angel and Spike get pretty much all the votes. Let's see if it'll stay that way.
                                    Sin is what I feast upon
                                    I'm forging my crematorium
                                    Your tomb is waiting here for you
                                    Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

As my favourite character I chose angel, altough when I was younger spike was my favourite character....I don't really know that changed...maybe, because I grew older and now I see some things different, than I had when I was a teenager...
                                      maybe that also changed when I got the angel seasons on dvd an started to watch them all...because on tv i had hardly seen any angel episodes..
                                      what I really like about angel is, that he tries to give everyone a chance

I think I like angel in every season of angel, but I didn't like him that much, when he first appeared in buffy...because he seemed some kind of untouchable except when he was with buffy...

I liked him most when he was with cordelia, but I nearly liked all the other ones who got close to him

Well there are a lot...so I can't really take one in particular...but i will hink about it
                                      what I really like about angel is, that he tries to give everyone a chance

1. Angel
                                      2. Spike
                                      3. Willow
                                      4. Cordelia
                                      5. Xander
                                      'I've seen some horrors, scary behavior... and a couple of fashion trends I constantly pray to forget'

Angel
                                      Untouched

Comment

Spike
                                        Loved him most in...all seasons! But specifically season 4 once he got his chip and we started to see a change in him.
                                        One of my favourite episodes for Spike is 'Fool for love' coz seeing how he became a vampire and seeing more of his history was really interesting! Pre-vampire he was such a sweety! And him revealing he has a soul.
                                        Best pairing, naturally, with Buffy

Runners up:
                                        Buffy
                                        Xander
                                        Giles
                                        Anya
                                        Willow

Comment

Working...
                                        X