Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Your Favorite Angelus - Episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Your Favorite Angelus - Episode?

What is Your Favorite Angelus Centric Episode or Episode that Had Your Favorite Angelus Moment in It?

** It can be on either ATS or BTVS**

Vote and then list 3 runner ups.
    Innocence
    2.44%
    Passion
    48.78%
    I Only Have Eyes for You
    0.00%
    Becoming pt 1 and 2
    12.20%
    The Prodigal
    0.00%
    Eternity
    0.00%
    Dear Boy
    2.44%
    Amends
    0.00%
    Darla
    4.88%
    Heartthrob
    0.00%
    Offspring
    0.00%
    Quickening
    0.00%
    Soulless
    9.76%
    Release
    2.44%
    Calvary
    4.88%
    Salvage
    0.00%
    Orpheus
    9.76%
    Destiny
    2.44%
    The Girl in Question
    0.00%
    Other (Explain)
    0.00%
    Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen
    TV Guide: Spike and Buffy #1 Hottest Scene- March 2008

I voted Becoming, runner-ups would probably be Innocence, Destiny and Passion. Orpheus gets an honourary mention for Angel's tragic hair.
    Sin is what I feast upon
    I'm forging my crematorium
    Your tomb is waiting here for you
    Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

I had a hard time picking one because he is in three episodes really fantastic. I went with Soulless, the problems he can create by just talking. And team Angel (especially Wesley) knew what Angelus could and they knew his tactics. And still they all failed to resist it.

second must be Passion and third is Innocence. In these three episodes he really shows that he is a danger and how smart he really is.
      Last edited by Nina; 15-12-08, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Got to be Passion. Angelus' sadism in it's purity. The effort he took to stage Giles and Jenny's 'romantic evening, still sends chills down my spine.

Comment

I'm with Nina. Soulless is a wonderful episode and Angelus is so vicious and brillant!!! He's tearing everyone apart just with words!
          Runner-ups are Passion and Calvary I guess...
          sigpic

Comment

I voted Passion, he showed what he could do to the Scobies. I mean, he killed Jenny, he enjoyed seeing Willow and Buffy wallow in pain and he even said to Joyce that he and Buffy had sex! He really is evil.
            Runner-up: Innocence and The Prodigal.
            Let me tell something: I would be terrified to run into Angelus, and I can?t even imagine what he could do! He would probably torture and then kill me!

Comment

Though I love many Angelus episodes for me Passion will always be the epitomy of how evil the character really is. Seeing how he set the scene for Giles and watching him just delight in watching Buffy and Willow's reactions to Jenny's death. It was disturbing but postively fascinating and is still why to this day I believe he was the best villain. Brilliant, sadistic, obsessed with making it as personal as possible for him and his victims.

So basically what kana says...I just always have to go on and on

Second would probably be Souless for all the reasons Nina and Pandora already said. Loved watching him work over Angel's team.

Comment

Absolutely Passion. Because both Angelus and the writers terrified me there.
                You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

Passion. Killing Jenny was pretty much only really terrifying thing we saw Angel-turned-into-Angelus do.
                  sigpic
                  banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

I think Soulless may come in second, mainly because as wonderfully manipulative as Angelus is, we still have Gunn and Fred acting like idiots (when she gets grabbed), it felt forced to a) show how you should never miss a trick with Angelus and b) facilitate the rivalry between Wes and Gunn. The elements were already there, so they didn't need that scene and show Gunn who, yeah is hot-headed, but not stupid and Fred? Why the hell was she just standing there? Ok this has little to do with Angelus but a complaint with the ep.

For me Passion defines Angelus in full. While he's smart and manipulative, it's really his need to hurt his victims in the most artful way possible that makes him one of the best villains. Killing Jenny had a practical side of stopping his re ensoulment but it was way in which he did it that hurt Buffy, Giles and Willow in the worst way.

Becoming bubbles under the surface as well. The need to torture Giles not just for information but for pleasure is really chilling.

The Prodigal is good as an explanation for the nature of Angelus.

Perhaps the worse is TGIQ. It's kind of like Angelus as a shemp rather than Angelus as an evil mastermind. If you only saw that ep, you'd wonder how he got his reputation.

Comment

Yeah third for me comes down to Becoming with the torture of Giles and the Prodigal because of his sister and how he deals with her and the rest of the family...though having Holtz come home his murdered family and one turned child...just horrific.

But still it has to be between Becoming and The Prodigal in a fight for third to round out the top three for me.

Comment

I'm going to agree with Soulless Mainly along with others who summed it up, it was an episode where we really just saw Angelus's "mind games", not his physical torture. And I thought that was very interesting.

My three runner ups would be:

Passion: I think it was probably where we saw how low Angelus could sink in his cruelty , we just knew all bets were off.

Orpheus: Seeing the past through Angelus's eyes and his hatred for "Angel" was again just another very interesting twist on the character.

Destiny: I'm kind of warmed up to this episode. I think we saw many episodes were Angelus's dynamics with the women were imprinted and we understood them. But Angelus's dynamic with William/Spike was a question mark.. why was there this weird relationship between the two of them.. they hated eachother, but they knew eachother very well and could act as commrades.

And in Destiny.. and basically all of Season 5 they explained most of those complexities, you started to see Angelus's relationship with the male vampire he let into his clan for over a century.

I have to add huge Honorable Mentions To:

Dear Boy
                        Darla
                        Becoming PT 1&2

For the obvious reasons.
                        Last edited by Dazzling; 18-12-08, 01:16 PM.
                        Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen
                        TV Guide: Spike and Buffy #1 Hottest Scene- March 2008

Comment

My favourite episode wouldn't necessarily be the episode I think Angelus shines in the most, but the poll asked the former question so I chose Becoming, Part I/Part II - especially for the latter half. I just love that finale so much, it totally broke my heart.

Runners-up for best episodes would be Calvary, Passion and Darla.

Angelus as a character shines the most in Passion - I agree with pretty much what everyone else has said. He was just such a ruthless bastard, the entire scenario with him came to a high-point in that episode. Soulless was also great with it's dialogue-heavy scenes of Angelus slowly breaking the group apart.

Comment

Originally posted by kana View Post
                            Perhaps the worse is TGIQ. It's kind of like Angelus as a shemp rather than Angelus as an evil mastermind. If you only saw that ep, you'd wonder how he got his reputation.
                            It adds to the picture, though, and shows a different side of the evil mastermind for a change - uncontrolled anger, and his reaction to being bested. Personally I like that he is shown that way too, or else he'd end up looking like a cliché supervillain.
                            Sin is what I feast upon
                            I'm forging my crematorium
                            Your tomb is waiting here for you
                            Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

My first thought when I saw this poll was "Passion", and "Passion" it is. Although others deserve consideration too. For instance I love the acting tour de force that David Boreanaz and Eliza Dushku do in "Orpheus".

Edit, addition: I wanted to add that I liked Angelus very much in Buffy S2 "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered", which isn't on the list. Quite possibly the funniest Angelus appearance.
                              Last edited by watcher1006; 16-12-08, 06:56 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Comment

Well my "Angel" fascination is his relationship with Faith, so I find Angeles most interesting with Faith as well.

My favorite Angeles episodes are Release and Orpheus. I love their fight in Release. It was raw and bloody, the lines they exchange were gory and detailed and I loved it. When he bit into her and she gasped, it was great. I loved that she knew he would so she drugged herself.

I know there are a bunch of Bangle fans on here but I appreciated that it was Faith who was in his mind, helping him, bringing him back. I think their relationship is unique.

Buffy and Angel's relationship is so trite and boring to me. Faith brings out more in Angel IMO. I love them.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradise View Post

I know there are a bunch of Bangle fans on here but I appreciated that it was Faith who was in his mind, helping him, bringing him back. I think their relationship is unique.

Buffy and Angel's relationship is so trite and boring to me. Faith brings out more in Angel IMO. I love them.
                                  Huh? I'm sorry I don't see what Bangel has to do with this particular part of the story line, I love Angel and Faith's friendship; that they have a understanding of what is like to come back from being a murderer and trying desperately to make amends. They are there for each other, they help each other and I loved that it was Faith that was with him too.

Comment

I see Passion is winning (which is cool 'cause I voted for that one).

Passion is one of my favorite episodes. This episode is just heart-wrenching. The fast that Angelus just kills Jenny by snapping her neck is just so harsh. He doesn't even bother to feed on her first....Angelus is deliciously scary.

I always tear up in that scene when they get the phone call...poor Willow. She looks so sad.

And I love that sexy overture lol ..."It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion, maybe we'd know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank. Without passion, we'd be truly dead."
                                    Every Slayer has a death wish. Even you.
                                    ?I think it?s the title of the show. Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It?s like a line in the sand. And unless you appreciate irony and are somewhat sophisticated you?re not going to watch that show.?
                                    - James Marsters

Comment

I chose Becoming because, hey, amazing episode.

Runners-up:
                                      I Only Have Eyes for You (way underrated and both DB and SMG are at their very best in this one)
                                      Soulless
                                      Passion
                                      Cordially,
                                      Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
                                      Addicted to Buffy

Comment

I voted for Passion. The voice over narration was killer. He was the epitome of evil by DOING not just talking about how awesome he was and what he was PLANNING to do.

I also die for his appearances in Killed by Death. The scene in the graveyard when he calls Buffy "lover" always sends cold chills up and down my spine. I also love when he comes to the hospital and has the extremely tense face off with Xander. My only disappointment is that Angelus isn't in the episode more.

Originally posted by watcher1006
                                        I wanted to add that I liked Angelus very much in Buffy S2 "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered", which isn't on the list. Quite possibly the funniest Angelus appearance.
                                        I completely agree! I loved him in this episode as well.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Working...
                                        X