What about the little things?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about the little things?

I enjoy those little character treats in a character. For me that's a sign that a character is written very well, because it makes the character realistic.

Like Joyce & Spike loving Passions. Angel who loves Mandy and his hair. Or Harmony with her unicorns. And Fred who likes the Dixie Chicks.

edit:
    Of course I have still to explain where the thread is about. Let's see if we can list those little treats for all the characters.

(Somehow I only remember only those treats of Angel right now)

Angel:
    Pretty handwriting (According to Connor 'girly')
    His hair and looks
    Mandy
    Cars
    Ballet
    Nina
    and her haircut.
    Last edited by Nina; 10-12-08, 12:16 PM.

Buffy has Mr. gordo.

Willow isnt allowed to have boys in her room.(when ever angel comes to willow for help)

Xander having a hot plate that "something peed on".

Giles singing with his guitar.

Comment

Willow apparently has frog fear.

Gunn appears to be a comic book geek.

Angel (as a human) does like ice-cream but doesn't like yoghurt.

Comment

Angel draws really, really well. Spike draws like Joss Whedon, which is to say, not-so-well.

Spike has apparently watched a lot of musicals (references to My Fair Lady, The Music Man, Les Mis?rables and Starlight Express, off the top of my head).

Gunn secretly digs ballet.

Ben is Glory.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Angel cried when he first saw Giselle. And he was evil!

Joyce keeps the best dinner plates in the basement, along with a dead cat.

Buffy wears stylish, yet affordable boots.

Dawn is prone to stealing Buffy's clothing (the sweater in season 5).

Mostly everybody manages to wear something new every week even when there were money problems.

Buffy would consider committing arson to get insurance money.

Anya doesn't understand comic books very well.

Willow is willing to slaughter innocent deer to perform magic.

Dawn has kept a diary since she was at least 7.

Buffy was in a mental asylum for two weeks.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
            I enjoy those little character treats in a character. For me that's a sign that a character is written very well, because it makes the character realistic.

Like Joyce & Spike loving Passions. Angel who loves Mandy and his hair. Or Harmony with her unicorns. And Fred who likes the Dixie Chicks.

edit:
            Of course I have still to explain where the thread is about. Let's see if we can list those little treats for all the characters.

(Somehow I only remember only those treats of Angel right now)

Angel:
            Pretty handwriting (According to Connor 'girly')
            His hair and looks
            Mandy
            Cars
            Ballet
            Yeah, that's one of the things that makes the show so great I love how Spike loves those flowered onions at the Bronze, and mixing blood with this Wheetabix for "texture"...
            Gotta go, more on this later.
            Every Slayer has a death wish. Even you.
            ?I think it?s the title of the show. Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It?s like a line in the sand. And unless you appreciate irony and are somewhat sophisticated you?re not going to watch that show.?
            - James Marsters

Comment

Buffy spent the weekends with her dad.

After ted was out of the picture buffy asked joyce what they were going to watch and they both decided that they were "Thelma and loise ing it again".

Willow telling tara about her hig school days envolving her and the scoobies sneaking tea bags and asking for hot water.

(and another thread made me think of this one) Giles listening to the album joyce said was her favorite after she passed away.

Xander's snoopy dance.

Anya turning her ex into a troll.

Faith fearing kakistos.

Buffy and Angel going to the movies together.

Comment

Spike likes:
                little marshmellows in his cocoa,
                Manchester U (football),
                hot spicey buffalo wings
                The Great Pumpkin

Originally Posted by Enisy - Ben is Glory.

WHAT?! Ben is Glory?!? WHEN did this happen?!?
                ThePoet's<3
                I am NOT Twilight!!
                Last edited by ThePoet's<3; 11-12-08, 06:11 AM.
                -TP<3
                "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Spike didn't watch the Great Pumpkin in All The Way (I saw someone say that on IMDB). He was watching 1968's Night of the Living Dead--the scene where the zombies eat the two young people that got barbecued while trying to get gas in the car, in fact (I've seen the movie a zillion times). Unless I forget him watching the Great Pumpkin.

This is the part of the movie he was watching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdveiUHdgtA

Speaking of references to NotLD:
                  Spoiler:
                  The first scene of Welcome to the Hellmouth is satire on Night of the Living Dead, actually. It's practically modeled after the Johnny teasing Barbra/"They're coming to get you, Barbra!" scene, but instead of the brother eventually killing her, the blonde girl kills the creepy guy.

It's pretty much the king of the annoying dead blonde girl horror movies, and thus likely what inspired that scene being that it followed the same format of the teasing right before getting killed.

A snippet of the scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDfJ5z1eUrQ

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                  "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

And a favourite of mine;

Cordelia can smell money, Angel seems to find it funny to hide some money in the office.

Fred loves tacos

Angel walks on the streetside when he is walking with Fred.

Angel likes Charlton Heston.

Comment

Not to forget, Buffy has a thing for ice-skating.
                      Sin is what I feast upon
                      I'm forging my crematorium
                      Your tomb is waiting here for you
                      Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Originally posted by Enisy View Post
                        Ben is Glory.

So you're saying ... Ben and Glory... have a connection?

My favourite example is the Mayor. He's impervious to harm, but still hates germs. He dispenses Andy Griffth-esque bromides with total aplomb even as he plots to eat the graduating class. And using the shredder usually gives him a lift.
                        Cordially,
                        Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
                        Addicted to Buffy

Comment

Anya is absolutely better packer of purchases in MagicBox than Willow is Moreover she is the best money-maker and cash-lover ever

Comment

How willow wants to wear her blue sweater because joyce liked it.

Comment

Willow has a killer sweet tooth ("Oh, but... doughnuts!", "Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?", etc,) as do Buffy ("There is no problem that cannot be solved by chocolate",) Xander ("Ooo, chocolate!", "Crying is risky, only go there for chocolate,", etc,) and Giles ("I'm the one who always says 'Let's have some jellies in the mix".) It's a wonder they don't all weigh too much to chase vamps...

And if any of the quotes are off, it's because I'm having to do it from memory, which is always a dangerous task. I think maybe I need some chocolate...
                              "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange..." - Willow Rosenberg, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Comment

Ben is Glory.
                                I might have to re-watch season five. Are you saying that there was some kind of "thing" going on with Ben and Glory that I should have been watching out for?

I loved all the habits that Faith picked up from prison.

Enisy is right about the Mayor. He has a ton of quirks.

I liked that Illyria has been to the world of shrip.

I loved that Halfrek remembered William.

And of course Spike remembered the poem he wrote for Cecily even after all these years.

Spoiler:
                                Angel is really anal about locking his car. He even does it in the middle of hell. And the car is a convertable anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Vampire in Rug View Post
                                  I might have to re-watch season five. Are you saying that there was some kind of "thing" going on with Ben and Glory that I should have been watching out for?

Excellent.

Now. Do we suspect there may be some kind of connection between Ben and Glory?
                                  Cordially,
                                  Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
                                  Addicted to Buffy

Comment

Originally posted by Amuk View Post
                                    Now. Do we suspect there may be some kind of connection between Ben and Glory?
                                    Interesting, but it still raises the question as to whether or not Ben and Glory are somehow related in a way of which we are currently not aware?
                                    You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

Maybe ben and glory are forming an alliance against the scoobies!!!.....

Comment

Ben is Glory.
                                        Wait... I don't understand....so, you're trying to say that Ben and Glory are working together?

I didn't actually particularly like Ben being Glory, cos I would've liked it to be someone I cared more about, but I LOVED the whole scene with them being unable to tell that they're one and the same. I loved how on Televisionwithoutpity, people would always spoier it too.

One little thing that I HATE is Spike liking Man U. But, I put it down to him being evil, so I suppose that makes sense

Ooh, fic idea...

Other details that I do love - Spike and Passions, as people have said.

The Mayor loving mini golf. Golf is so clearly evil. Ted loves it too. Evil, see?

Oz liking Giles's record collection.

Andrew's obsession with branded products in season 7 (cool refreshing zima). He's so advertising's number one easiest target.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Working...
                                        X