Angel and Cordy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel and Cordy.

Okay Angel and Cordelia were an unlikely couple in the beginning lol. Write what you loved, liked, or hated about them. If you love their ship like I do then write about your favorite moment between them.

They are one of my favorite ships on the verse. They started out as friends and i think that they changed each other. He showed her how to be a real person, and she showed him that he should believe in himself more. They balance each other out.

My favorite moment between is one of the more obvious moments they shared. Your Welcome is probably my favortie Angel episode. I love their goodbye scene at the end.

------
    Cordelia: You'll win this in the end. I, uh... just wish I could be there to see it.

Angel: What do you mean? You're not...

Cordelia: I can't stay. This isn't me anymore. You can say good-bye to the gang for me, explain everything once you understand.

Angel: That's gonna be never. I-I need you here.

Cordelia: Don't make it hard, Angel. I'm just on a different road... and this is my off-ramp. The Powers That Be owed me one, and I didn't waste it. I got my guy back on track.

Cordelia: We take what we can get, champ, and we do our best with it. I'll be seeing you.

[starts to leave but comes back to kiss Angel]

Cordelia: Oh, what the hell. One for the road?

Then the phone rings and we all know what happens after that
    Oz: Hey.
    Oz: That girl. Who is she?
    Devon: She's an exchange student. I think she's from South America.
    Oz: No, not her. The Eskimo!

Yeah, I thought they were a great couple. They brought out the best in eachother. They had a very mature love, very different then Bangel.
    I love the scene where they're lying on the bed together, with baby Conner between them and Cordelia is feeding Conner. So sweet.
    Which made it all the more tragic when they never got together, really
    Every Slayer has a death wish. Even you.
    ?I think it?s the title of the show. Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It?s like a line in the sand. And unless you appreciate irony and are somewhat sophisticated you?re not going to watch that show.?
    - James Marsters

Comment

Oh and yeah..that is a very sad scene
      Every Slayer has a death wish. Even you.
      ?I think it?s the title of the show. Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It?s like a line in the sand. And unless you appreciate irony and are somewhat sophisticated you?re not going to watch that show.?
      - James Marsters

Comment

Cordy/Angel is my favourite couple in the verse. I love how they both changes and first becoming best friends, to falling in love. I don't have any problem with their love in season 3. I think Angel is so cute when he understand he might have som feelings for Cordy.

My favourite scene is also in Your'e welcome. Absolutely my favourite episode. The moment with Connor that Lifeisjustthis mention is also really cute. I also love Waiting in the wings. Especially when Angel accidentally says to Cordy that she is the most beutiful woman he ever seen.

Comment

I?m not a big fan of their romance, it just didn?t fit well, imo. But I loved their relationship, the bond they had together. They started the series and Angel Investigations relying on each other, a bit more day by day. In "To Sanshu in LA" when Angel got to the hospital, she said that Cordy was family and he become more and more concerned with her because of the visions. For me, they feel more like family.

Comment

Ah, my favorite topic, about my favorite ship!

Originally posted by prayer View Post
            Cordy/Angel is my favourite couple in the verse. I love how they both changes and first becoming best friends, to falling in love. I don't have any problem with their love in season 3. I think Angel is so cute when he understand he might have som feelings for Cordy.

My favourite scene is also in Your'e welcome. Absolutely my favourite episode. The moment with Connor that Lifeisjustthis mention is also really cute. I also love Waiting in the wings. Especially when Angel accidentally says to Cordy that she is the most beutiful woman he ever seen.
            I second pretty much everything here--it's no secret that Cangel is my OTP of the Jossverse, and of TV period, even still. I simply adore them, their gradual but steady and beautiful development from associates to friends, to confidantes/best friends, to romantic love. The best kind of love, IMO. It's wonderful to watch as their relationship progresses, back from its beginnings in season 1, to its heartbreaking end with their first (and last) real kiss in YW. It still pisses me off so much that they didn't have the chance to be together for even one episode....but oh well. Season 3 is my favorite, but I also still love season 4, even with all the separation of Cangel in it--because in this season you can really see the depths of Angel's love for Cordy, over and over again, and it's so angsty and heartbreaking, but romantic at the same time.

For example, however gross and horrible C/C sex is, I love Angel's strong reaction to it, which shows how much he loves her--Gunn even notes when Angel returns in the next epp that "I've never see Angel so down after a fight." I also love his fantasies about her in the first epp, and his utter desperation to find her when he realizes she's missing--"I need Cordy. Wherever she is, whatever she's going through, we have to find her." And his utter joy and excitement when he sees her return. The way they almost kiss later in that epp (like their bodies instinctively want each other, even when she can't remember anything). The fact that getting together with her and having sex with her at last is part of what made him happy enough to lose his soul (it was HER he wanted at this point). How Angel says that Cordy is "still the woman I---[love]." When he kisses her ever so gently, sweetly, tenderly on the forehead when she's in a coma and he's getting the blood. How excited he is when he thinks she's waking up, and then his sorrow and dejection when Fred explains that she's not (some excellent acting from DB here!). The fact that it was to save Cordy as well as his son that he took the devil's bargain with WH (as confirmed by him in YW when he explains to Cordy, "He was going to kill you!" as justification for taking the WH deal).

And then there's all the moments in season 3-WITW, the sleeping with Connor scene already mentioned, her comforting him after his loss of Connor and being there for him, the way she says that gives up her very humanity to save Angel's sanity (I can't see her doing that for Xander) out of love for him, the way she was willing to suffer so much without complaint so she could still be useful to him and help him in his mission, the way she made him laugh (but we've known this since Buffy season 2), and so much more. And there's pretty much all of YW as well (the hug when he first sees her, the discussion of how he thinks about what could have been between them every day, and the kiss of course).

Really, there are just too many moments to list them all, I love them all! You can see most of my fave moments here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kglyNTXAk3o

With all this clear-cut, like Cangel or not anyone who says that they didn't really love each other on ATS wasn't paying attention--it's not debatable, it's just the facts, ma'am.
            Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

'Ships. Humbug.
              "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

I personally loved these two together. They had a brilliant relationship, and I simply adored how they managed to play off each other so well.

Comment

I agree with everything Sherrilina. And that vid is really beutiful, good job.

Their so many good moments between them. In the hopsital in to shanshu in La, when you really see how much Angel cares.
                  In season two their's plenty off them too. In Epiphany when he keep her from falling. And then he has to fight to get her back as a friend, buying her clothes and so on. And his obvious attraction to her in belonging ( the bikini scene).

I don't think I ever will forgive Joss for killing her, and for not giving them a real chance.
                  Season five ould have been so much better with some Cordy in it. She could have awake in episode 5 or something and together to Angel being the only one remembering what happened in season 4. That would have been awesome.
                  Last edited by prayer; 22-06-09, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Question;

When did the friendshippy feelings between Cordelia & Angel change into romantic feelings?

For me it's a bit blurry but I think that it happened somewhere between Fredless & Billy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                      Question;

When did the friendshippy feelings between Cordelia & Angel change into romantic feelings?

For me it's a bit blurry but I think that it happened somewhere between Fredless & Billy.
                      I think it was a little earlier than that--I think Angel began to realize his feelings first, at the very very end of season 2 (his reaction to the "I love him" line), and at the beginning of season 3 in "That Vision Thing" for instance (as he was so scared of losing her, etc). All we know for sure is that he was definitely in love with her by WITW.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

It's difficult because Cordy was majorly out of touch with her feelings. Angel was well aware but kept quiet because of his curse and that he felt he had little to offer her.

Comment

Hehe I'm in!
                          "No one ever dies, and everybody lives happily ever after." -Lie to me

Comment

Cordelia, for all she was a pretty smart cookie when it came to other people's feelings? Had seriously no clue of her own.

I adored the ship of C/A pretty much before it ever got put into the show but--I was more of a fan of the gradual stuff. I wasn't a huge fan of Fred coming along and suddenly noticing that Angel loved Cordy or that they had Kyrumption (argh!)

But the slow develop from friendship to that little bit more was what caught me and got me hooked. I too think that Angel began to notice his feelings late S2. Everything he did in Disharmony (whether I agreed with it or not, lol) was to win Cordelia back. And then later... One of my favourite scenes is when he's sitting on the stage in Caritas looking so utterly lost and saying, "I don't wanna relax. I wanna jump through the big swirly hole thing and save Cordelia."

This is still and probably will always be my OTP of any show... Though I admit that I'd prefer to remember some of the better fics I've read as canon rather than what we got. *kicks Joss a little*
                            Christie | layout-whore | beyond-help

CORDELIA: It's gonna be a long while until you work your way out but I know you well enough to know you *will* and I'll be with you until you do. -- Judgement

Comment

Gah so many moments to choose from. My favorite type moments are the ones that are so seemingly insignificant but instead when reconsidered say something unexpected.

One of my favorite moments is when Angel buys her clothes at the end of Disharmony. While Wesley sees the moment as materialistic and Angel taking a cheap route to forgiveness, for me it says so much more.

Cordelia's loss of clothes wasn't about the physical desire to have nice things. The clothes represent her trying to hold onto who she was before this whole vampire/demon/supernatural business changed her life. Cordelia was dealing with the pain and health damage of the visions, didn't have any bright future prospects (money, career, love) and was trying to believe that Angel was lying to everyone and that he really did care about them. Angel's selling her clothes signified to her that he really did consider her the frivolous little rich girl who wasn't useful for anything.

For Angel to buy the new clothes was to reaffirm to Cordelia that he loved her for who she was and that he wouldn't have her change herself. And that he would do his best to protect the Cordelia he loved from the things in life that try to destroy and change her.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Ehlwyen? I kind of love what you say about Disharmony there. I always had an issue with the end of it, how easy it was for Cordelia to forgive him just because he gave her clothes but...

Oh, the way you say it.

For Angel to buy the new clothes was to reaffirm to Cordelia that he loved her for who she was and that he wouldn't have her change herself. And that he would do his best to protect the Cordelia he loved from the things in life that try to destroy and change her.
                                I can take that and think that the reason she forgave him so easily was because maybe she thought that too Awww.

CORDELIA: It's gonna be a long while until you work your way out but I know you well enough to know you *will* and I'll be with you until you do. -- Judgement

Comment

Originally posted by ficbitch82 View Post
                                  Ehlwyen? I kind of love what you say about Disharmony there. I always had an issue with the end of it, how easy it was for Cordelia to forgive him just because he gave her clothes but...

Oh, the way you say it.

I can take that and think that the reason she forgave him so easily was because maybe she thought that too Awww.
                                  Why thank you!!!

I think the key line in the episode is:

Originally posted by from Disharmony

Cordy: And you know, you didn't just betray me, Angel. You didn't just hurt me. You gave away my clothes.

Angel: To the needy.

Cordy: I am the needy!
                                  Cordelia is so insightful that sometimes she just assumes that the same conclusions she draws are as obvious to everyone else. By the end of AtS S2, she's a far cry from the allegedly vapid girl of S1 Buffy to assume she's just talking about clothes. She's obviously implying that giving away clothes is worse than betrayal and hurt so she is most likely using clothes as a metaphor.

Clothes often represent self, so to Cordelia they represent who she was, the happy life she had, and the bright future she dreamed of. Angel not realizing that she technically was now the needy meant to Cordelia that he still saw her as the rich girl and all the negative connotations along with it.

I have logic and basis in show! I promise!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

No, no! Your logic makes sense! And it is nothing like Buffy's insane troll logic!

A lot of people kind of overlooked just how insightful Cordelia was. Sure she was shallow and vapid and bitchy, especially in the earlier seasons, but a lot of things what she said weren't just Cordelia being an airhead.

She was honest and behind all of that, she was really clued in, even when people thought she wasn't.

Disharmony has probably now gone up in my estimation of favourite episodes because of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                                      Gah so many moments to choose from. My favorite type moments are the ones that are so seemingly insignificant but instead when reconsidered say something unexpected.

One of my favorite moments is when Angel buys her clothes at the end of Disharmony. While Wesley sees the moment as materialistic and Angel taking a cheap route to forgiveness, for me it says so much more.

Cordelia's loss of clothes wasn't about the physical desire to have nice things. The clothes represent her trying to hold onto who she was before this whole vampire/demon/supernatural business changed her life. Cordelia was dealing with the pain and health damage of the visions, didn't have any bright future prospects (money, career, love) and was trying to believe that Angel was lying to everyone and that he really did care about them. Angel's selling her clothes signified to her that he really did consider her the frivolous little rich girl who wasn't useful for anything.

Awww, that's one of my favorite moments as well! For Angel's reaction more than anything else--he just looks so damn HAPPY in that scene, that big huge grin on his face to be back in Cordy's good graces, the way he even kind of does a little dance, jumping up and down with her--I loved it! I love how happy she makes him, I never recall seeing him smile so much and so easily around Buffy (I remember thinking back in the day that he was faking it when he was laughing at Cordy's tale in "Halloween because it seemed so OOC for him then).....I like the effect that Cordy has on him, getting him to loosen up a little more, and be more human. And smile. This scene is just one example of all of this....

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
                                        I like the effect that Cordy has on him, getting him to loosen up a little more, and be more human. And smile. This scene is just one example of all of this....
                                        Y'know, reading that? Made me remember about one of my other favourite moments that's not even a conversation between them or anything.

In S2 after Cordelia's had her audition de suck? She finishes ticking off Angel for coming in and ruining it for her when Lorne appears at the hotel. She's telling Lorne about Wes being their defacto leader now and she sits down on the sofa in the hotel and, I swear, the smile she shoots at Angel...

Part of me gets the feeling it was probably a moment between the actors - Charisma smiling at David probably - but I swear, it's just a tiny little thing that goes unsaid between them and-- I am a happy shipper when I remember stuff like this, LOL.

I may need to start rewatching the show.

Comment

Working...
                                        X