Buffy Actors Outside of Buffy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy Actors Outside of Buffy

I don't know if it is just me, but whenever I'm watching something else--whether it is a tv show or a movie or whatever I always notice when someone who was on Buffy is on the show and I exclaim this and well... I don't live with a die hard Buffy fan, so I'm just called a nerd. But I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if so, who on what.

For example, in the movie "Can't hardly Wait" there are quite a few Buffy Actors. Some of them include: Oz, Tara, Jesse, Marcy(Out of Sight, Out of Mind), Pete(Beauty and the Beasts), Owen(Never Kill a Boy on the First Date), Veruca(Wild at Heart), Cordette(The Wish), and Jack O'Toole(The Zeppo).

What else has everyone found?
    "To read makes our speaking English good"

"Whenever Giles sends me on a mission, he always says 'Please.' And afterwards I get a cookie."

That's funny you mention it because when I watched Can't Hardly Wait a few years back I couldn't believe how many people who were on Buffy were in that movie. It's pretty crazy.

Seth Green is killer in that movie though. Totally makes it worth watching. I so adore him,
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I remember in the "Transformers" movie Tom Lenk had a small part. I'm sitting there watching the movie and yell, "It's Andrew!"

I also watched a rerun of "Ratrace" in which Seth Green has a part - and I LOVE him in "The Italian Job".

Charisma had a movie on Hallmark - "See Jane Date" a couple of years ago.

And I like to see Sarah in good moves.

OH! I saw Marc Blucas in a "House" rerun the other night! Took me a few minutes to place him - he was looking pretty grim as a patient. He also looked a lot older.
      -TP<3
      "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
      - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

I saw Amy Acker recently on Private Practice. Good to see her on TV again.

Sarah Michelle Gellar starred in The Grudge with Jason Behr who was in the BtVs episode Lie to Me.

Comment

The miniseries "The 60s" had a few. Marc Blucas (Riley), Elisabeth Rohm (Kate), and Leonard Roberts (Forrest). And the VHS copy of it I have had a preview of a movie with Vincent Kartheiser in it.

Comment

Anthony Stewart Head was on an episode of a show called 'My Family' that I was watching on BBC yesterday. It was great watching him on TV after so long and he was quite funny in it.
            Banner and avatar by Nina

Comment

Oh, I always notice too... I remember Jason Berh (Lie to me) starred a series called Roswell, I think that was cancelled. Antony Head was on Little Britain around 2005. Charisma made an appereance on Veronica Mars, Ally Hannigan, of course made a bunch of movies, as well as Seth Green. David Boreanaz did a music clip with Dido once, and I remember him doing a horror movie, something called Valentine? (I'm not sure about the title). And the latest discovery I did was William's (Spike) mom. The woman that played Spike's mom is now on Gossip Girl as Serena's grandmother.

Comment

Bones is also a good place to find Ats/BtVS actors, besides the obvious (David Boreanaz), there were also Leonard Roberts, Adam Baldwin, Azura Skye, Kali Rocha and of course TJ Theyne, who was a lawyer of W&H.

Comment

Yes, Bones obviously, I watched that show for the first time ever just yesterday (David looks really good btw), it's good.

I remember Kali Rocha in that movie with Ben Stiler: Meet the Parents if I remember correctly, also in Grey's Anatomy. Tom Lenk was in Date Movie with Allison Hannigan too, he was so Andrew! lol

James Marsters (Spike) has been on Smallville and Torchwood, Emma (Anya) has been on Beverly Hills 90210, Mercedes (Harmony) has been on The Adams Family, the movie where the kids are sent to the summer camp and also in an episode of Dawson's Creek. I also remember Eliza (Faith) on a movie I watch so long ago, she must have been around 12, 13 maybe? co-starring with Izzy from Grey's Anatomy, they were both very young then. Also, with Eliza was the woman that played Glory in BtVS S5, she was one of the cheerleaders in Bring it On.

Comment

Anthony Stewart Head was in "Sweeney Todd". He looked awesome but didn't have that big a part.

Comment

He was?? Bloody Hell, how could I miss that? Who was he?
                      Sin is what I feast upon
                      I'm forging my crematorium
                      Your tomb is waiting here for you
                      Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

He only had one line -- in "Pirelli's Magical Elixir", if I'm not mistaken.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

All the Ats/BtVS actors who have a steady job in a tv series at the moment:

David Boreanaz (Angel) plays Booth in Bones.
                          Julie Benz (Darla) plays Rita in Dexter.
                          Vincent Kartheiser (Connor) plays Pete in Mad Men
                          J. August Richards (Gunn) plays Marcus in Raising the Bar.
                          Alyson Hannigan (Willow) plays Lily in How I Met Your Mother.
                          Adam Baldwin (Hamilton) plays Casey in Chuck.
                          Christina Hendricx (barmaid in The Prodigal but better known from Firefly) plays Joan in Mad Men.
                          Anthony Head (Giles) plays Uther in Merlin.
                          Summer Glau (Ballet dancer in WitW) plays Cameron in The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

I'm not sure how well it goes with 'Leverage', the series starring Christian Kane (Lindsay). I'm not even sure if it's already airing.

Soon on the tv;

Amy Acker (Fred) & Eliza Dushku (Faith) in Dollhouse
                          Nathan Fillion (Caleb) in Castle

And there was something about Sarah Michelle Gellar in a new HBO show.
                          Last edited by Nina; 10-11-08, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enisy View Post
                            He only had one line -- in "Pirelli's Magical Elixir", if I'm not mistaken.
                            Thanks. Nor surprise I missed him, then.
                            Sin is what I feast upon
                            I'm forging my crematorium
                            Your tomb is waiting here for you
                            Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

I missed him the first time, too.

I'll add that Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker and Tom Lenk guest-starred in How I Met Your Mother.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

There are some movies that I watched a while ago, and I was baffled by how I missed out the actors, like for example Can?t Hardly Wait. Seth Green is also in Enemy of the State with Gene Hackman and Will Smith. He is very cool in that and in The Italian Job.

Comment

Danny Strong (Jonathan) wrote the script for the critically acclaimed TV-movie 'Recount'. He was nominated for a 2008 Emmy Award for 'Outstanding Writing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Dramatic Special' for it. Too bad he didn't win.
                                  Banner and avatar by Nina

Comment

Wentworth Miller (from Prison Break) played Gage Petronzi the swimmer in Go Fish
                                    sigpic
                                    banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

I just remembered that I saw Spike in "P.S. I Love You". He was the best friend of the guy who died. He looks good with unbleached hair.
                                      "To read makes our speaking English good"

"Whenever Giles sends me on a mission, he always says 'Please.' And afterwards I get a cookie."

Comment

The weirdest of all of them for me to date was seeing Tom Lenk in a Burger King commercial (IIRC, he's in the backseat of a car between two girls, swaying to music).
                                        Cordially,
                                        Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
                                        Addicted to Buffy

Comment

Working...
                                        X