Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which character would you like to see on the other show?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which character would you like to see on the other show?

    Are there characters on one show you would like to see as a regular on the other show?


    I'm playing with the idea to move Dawn from BtVS to Ats. I think that it would be a good move for her character. She is placed in the little sister role and I would like to see her become more than Buffy's little sister. It did Connor good when he found another life in season 5, he is now more part of the team than ever. Besides Ats needs a normal woman in the team.

    And I would like to have Cordelia as a character that plays the role of higher being on both shows. It's not that I want her to pop up every arc, but it would be nice to see her on BtVS again.


  • #2
    I think, let's switch Dawn and Connor. Because really: later Angel needed more women, later Buffy needed more men.

    So...they have to babysit each other's "kids" for awhile.

    I think Angel having a little sister character could be hilarious, whereas it was just whiny with Buffy. Also, Buffy having a little brother would be quite humorous because she wouldn't understand his maleness. Obviously, this is what should have happened.

    Also:

    - S4-5 Wesley on Buffy
    - Xander on Angel
    - S3 Cordy on Buffy
    - Jonathon on Angel
    - Riley forced to work with Angel, buddy cop episode (come on...that's TOO easy)
    - Lindsay or Lilah on Buffy, mostly just so that Giles and Lindsay could jam at the Espresso Pump
    You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

    www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

    Comment


    • #3
      It would have been curious to see Fred on BTVS, seeing her interact with Tara, Anya, Dawn and a little more interaction with Willow.

      Maybe Giles could opo up and he and Wes got into a fight, just to see who was the best.
      Lilah. Imagine Lilah meeting Buffy or even Xander.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by buffyholic View Post
        Lilah. Imagine Lilah meeting Buffy or even Xander.
        I kind of imagine Lilah rolling her eyes and walking away.

        They come from SUCH different worlds that I think Lilah would never see Buffy or Xander as anything other than children. In fact, Lilah's presence on Angel might upset the entire feel of the show in general. She's too business for Buffy, I think.

        But, I would still love to see it.
        You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

        www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

        Comment


        • #5
          It would have been interesting to have seen Lorne with some of the Buffy characters, particularly Anya. And to have had them sing for him so he could read them.

          Comment


          • #6
            Fred on Buffy would be great fun. If they'd had her on as a professor at at the university...and she and Willow had got rather friendly instead of Willow and Kennedy...I would've liked that for season 7. Doesn't have to be a relationship, just a bit of chemistry. Of both kinds.

            Xander on Angel could've been an interesting dynamic. Let's say he'd gone to LA after losing Anya and after Sunnydale went boom. Though that wouldn't seem reason enough to leave Team Buffy somehow. Maybe if Anya had died in a way that seemed slightly Buffy's fault? Anyway, Xander in season 5 instead of Spike might've actually been more productive. Ooh, maybe if Buffy had sent Xander to be her man on the inside in season 5, to keep an eye on Angel. Literally one eye. Oh god that was bad, even for me.


            -- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
              Ooh, maybe if Buffy had sent Xander to be her man on the inside in season 5, to keep an eye on Angel. Literally one eye. Oh god that was bad, even for me.
              Hee! You crack me up sometimes

              But yes, I'd have loved to see Xander on Ats. I think it was KingofCretins who first said it would have had so much more impact to replace Andrew with Xander in 'Damage' and have Xander tell Angel Buffy doesn't trust him anymore, and I have to agree, given their history, it would have had more impact. However, in saying that it'd have to be handled very delicately for me because it could result in me disliking Xander in the scene if I thought he was getting some kind of personal satisfaction outta saying it.

              I like Nina's idea, it's something I hadn't even considered before, Dawn on Ats would have been fun! She'd have been such a big grown up hottie, it'd have been great to see her interact with Angel for a start and Buffy-less as well.

              ~ Banner by Nina ~

              Comment


              • #8
                Having Dawn on 'Angel' would have been excellent, in my opinion. Towards the end, I got rather sick of everyone treating Dawn like a child. After 'Lessons', I thought Dawn would go patrolling with Buffy every now and then, but that never happened. She did help with the research and everything, but I would have preferred to see her in action more.

                On the other hand, if she had been on 'Angel', I bet we would have gotten to see a more grown-up and mature version of the character and her journey would have been something like that of Cordelia's.
                Banner and avatar by Nina

                Comment


                • #9
                  Agreed. Though I'm satisfied with how she's being written in season eight. A lot of people aren't a fan of her transformations, but on the other hand I think it's brought out the best in her character. She's handled them with such dignity and grace and she's used them to help so many people that I'm just very proud of the character, I look forward to all her scenes a lot now, whereas though I never disliked her, I never did before.

                  ~ Banner by Nina ~

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by watcher1006 View Post
                    It would have been interesting to have seen Lorne with some of the Buffy characters, particularly Anya. And to have had them sing for him so he could read them.
                    Lorne would've been great. I don't think he'd ever move to a small town though, so he'd have to wait til they left Sunnydale. Though it'd be a shame to have him in the comics rather than the TV show, as then we'd miss out on the singing.

                    Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                    Hee! You crack me up sometimes

                    But yes, I'd have loved to see Xander on Ats. I think it was KingofCretins who first said it would have had so much more impact to replace Andrew with Xander in 'Damage' and have Xander tell Angel Buffy doesn't trust him anymore, and I have to agree, given their history, it would have had more impact. However, in saying that it'd have to be handled very delicately for me because it could result in me disliking Xander in the scene if I thought he was getting some kind of personal satisfaction outta saying it.
                    While I enjoyed Andrew in Damage, I agree, Xander would've had more emotional impact. Mind you, the idea that they only sent Andrew is more of a message of detatchment. Like, they wouldn't really care if Angel did something to Andrew, so he's a better person to send in case Angel really has gone evil....nah, Buffy's not that cold. So, yes, Xander would've been more impacty. Or Giles - I'd like to see Giles and Angel having a head to head.

                    Xander might seem out of his depth in Wolfram and Hart. Though that could be quite touching I think - more of a reminder of why W&H is a bad bad place. It'd be fun to see him commenting on the windows too, in a bit of a gently sarcastic way: "Necro tempered glass? Damn, that's where I was going wrong in my business in Sunnydale...never catered to the undead market."

                    I don't think it would seem too "personal" between Xander and Angel, it was such a long time ago that they had their clashes, I'd think that Xander would be way past that, and Angel's probably had enough on his mind to have pretty much forgotten it!


                    -- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
                      Lorne would've been great. I don't think he'd ever move to a small town though, so he'd have to wait til they left Sunnydale. Though it'd be a shame to have him in the comics rather than the TV show, as then we'd miss out on the singing.
                      Both Anya and Giles could have sung wonderfully for him, plus they both had considerable acquaintance with the demon world(s).
                      Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
                      I don't think it would seem too "personal" between Xander and Angel, it was such a long time ago that they had their clashes, I'd think that Xander would be way past that, and Angel's probably had enough on his mind to have pretty much forgotten it!
                      But still, I've always wondered why the relationship between Xander and Angel felt so leaden for three seasons of Buffy. Yeah, there was the jealousy and the history of dislike and violence, but that was present with Spike too. Yet Xander's story with Spike had a lot of lightheartedness and was much more interesting to watch.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think that the big difference was Xander's age. When Angel was on the show, Xander was still a boy and, in the beginning, in love with Angel's girlfriend. In the 'Spike years', Xander had a good relationship with Anya and he was not longer 17 years old. Also Angel was a real drama character when he was in Sunnydale, while Spike was a funny character. Not one of Angel's relations was lighthearted in BtVS.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post

                          While I enjoyed Andrew in Damage, I agree, Xander would've had more emotional impact. Mind you, the idea that they only sent Andrew is more of a message of detatchment. Like, they wouldn't really care if Angel did something to Andrew, so he's a better person to send in case Angel really has gone evil....nah, Buffy's not that cold. So, yes, Xander would've been more impacty. Or Giles - I'd like to see Giles and Angel having a head to head.

                          Xander might seem out of his depth in Wolfram and Hart. Though that could be quite touching I think - more of a reminder of why W&H is a bad bad place. It'd be fun to see him commenting on the windows too, in a bit of a gently sarcastic way: "Necro tempered glass? Damn, that's where I was going wrong in my business in Sunnydale...never catered to the undead market."

                          I don't think it would seem too "personal" between Xander and Angel, it was such a long time ago that they had their clashes, I'd think that Xander would be way past that, and Angel's probably had enough on his mind to have pretty much forgotten it!
                          I love the idea of Xander being all lost in Wolfram and Hart, and I think this would be funny upon funny. (I also just imagined a moment between Xander and now-darker Wesley where Xand upholds that he is darker than Wes, solely because he has an eyepatch). However, in S5 of Ats, you already have a double man-bickering quota in Spike VS. Angel. Now, you throw in Xander (who never liked EITHER of them), and I think it could get a little obnoxious. Unless of course Angel and Xander bonded over their hatred of Spike.

                          As for Giles, I don't think Giles would be an errand boy. Again, love the idea of seeing him there, but Giles and Buffy got to a point where they just weren't really respectful of each other anymore (as still evidenced in the comics).

                          So, you're "expendable" theory might not be too off.
                          You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

                          www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The more Xander the merrier! I think him being on Angel would have been really cool, although I think that show had its man-quotient filled, and between all of them, adding Xander to the mix would have just been wayyyy too much man-bickering.

                            Alternatively, I think Wes showing up on Buffy after he went all dark would have been pretty funny.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X