No announcement yet.

No seriously, I wasn?t hitting on you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No seriously, I wasn?t hitting on you!

I got the running gag, but I can't remember all the moments. Somebody ever asked me to list the moments where they play with the 'Angel is kinda gay' idea. But I couldn't answer, and forgot about the question (sorry!). I would like to find all the gags. Partly because I love running jokes when they are about Angel (like his stupid hair, which isn't stupid.) but also because I love that Angel who is born in 1727 and who is this big Alpha male ... has no problems when people are gay or call him a gay guy (All he does is trying to explain that he isn't hitting on them).

So can people help me to find all the 'Angel is a very gay straight guy' references? pretty please?

What I could remember;

Lonely Hearts
    Angel standing by the bar. A guy is walking away from him shaking his head.
    Angel: "No seriously, I wasn't hitting on you!"
    Rm w/a Vu
    Cordelia: "Your shower is in here, right? You have mousse? ? Of course you do."
    Disharmony
    Cordelia: "Oh, my god. These are gorgeous! You have the most amazing taste! You have, like - a gay man's taste, and that's saying something."

And this is not really part of the running gag, more a confirmation that soulless vampires sleep with any other vampire.
    Power Play
    Spike: "'cause Angel and me have never been intimate. Except that one... "
    Also his love for 'Mandy' can be part of this joke, but it also can be just a sign that Angel has the worst music taste ever.

Well I can't remember word for word, but theres that episode on early season 5 where he visits 'Spanky' and is called something along the lines of "you little fairy", to which he replies "I'm not little".

Also "I have no problem spanking men".

Comment

You also have when Wes hugs Angel and Cordy's friends say "the good ones are always gay" in 'Expecting.' Later Angel tells Wes it "builds mystery"

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

In Carpe Noctem, Marcus (I think his name was) assumed Angel was gay from his dress sense when he possessed him.

Comment

Also Oliver, the talent agent flirts with Angel in City Of. When Cordy finds out that he gave him his card he says defensively that Oliver said he had 'a quality'.

Comment

I don?t remember a line about Angel being gay, but in "Guise will be Guise" they think Angel is a eunuch. So funny!

Comment

The only thing I can remember is in one of the Buffy season 2 episodes, I'm a bit blurry on which one it is specifically, it might be Innocence, but Angelus kisses Spike on the forehead. Not technically Angel, but he's in there somewhere.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks all,

Also Angel being very concerned with his hair in Pylea was a bit gayish.

Comment

Just remembered the scene in Destiny, not really sure how I forgot because I only watched it the other day.

Again, it's Angelus, but like I said, Angel's in there somewhere. The scene where Spike first meets Angelus, it's all kind of gay, with the handsome, enigmatic creature stepping out from the shadows talking about how he wants to have a male companion for a bit. In the commentary that's when Joss originally said something like, "Why don't they just kiss..." so I think it was all suppose to be homo-erotic.

And I suppose that Angel has leather pants would be something pretty gay, I mean he can't just have them on the off chance that Angelus would re-emerge and want to wear them. Also, the fact that he has more than one pair, there are the leather ones in season 2 of Buffy, although they could've been burned in Hell and there were the ones in Angel season 3 where they are quite PVC-looking (maybe he brought some more when he got back from Hell?) It's also quite funny how Angelus in season 4 doesn't wear leather pants.
                  sigpic

Comment

There weren't only leather pants, but also lots of make up. The guy must've spend lots of hours to practise with the eye make up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                      There weren't only leather pants, but also lots of make up. The guy must've spend lots of hours to practise with the eye make up.
                      Nah, he got Spike to do it for him.

Comment

Kind of off topic, but how the hell did vampires put on make-up? They don't have reflections, so I'd guess they got another vampire to do it for them? But that doesn't explain the ones who lived alone, like Harmony.

That said, the whole eye make-up thing on Angelus was really gay, I'm glad they never brought that back in season 4.

In Eternity I kind of expected Angel (while blissfully happy) to say, "I'm gonna kill you, just let me change into my leather pants and grab the eyeliner."
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          Kind of off topic, but how the hell did vampires put on make-up? They don't have reflections, so I'd guess they got another vampire to do it for them? But that doesn't explain the ones who lived alone, like Harmony.

I can't come up with anything else besides 'practise'. The only other thing is too redicilous, and that's that they making a photograph to check if it looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Just remembered the scene in Destiny, not really sure how I forgot because I only watched it the other day.

Again, it's Angelus, but like I said, Angel's in there somewhere. The scene where Spike first meets Angelus, it's all kind of gay, with the handsome, enigmatic creature stepping out from the shadows talking about how he wants to have a male companion for a bit. In the commentary that's when Joss originally said something like, "Why don't they just kiss..." so I think it was all suppose to be homo-erotic.

And I suppose that Angel has leather pants would be something pretty gay, I mean he can't just have them on the off chance that Angelus would re-emerge and want to wear them. Also, the fact that he has more than one pair, there are the leather ones in season 2 of Buffy, although they could've been burned in Hell and there were the ones in Angel season 3 where they are quite PVC-looking (maybe he brought some more when he got back from Hell?) It's also quite funny how Angelus in season 4 doesn't wear leather pants.
                            I think the line was something a long the lines of "slaughter the act of innocence with a man"...something like that.

And i don't remember anything about Angel wearing makeup? Any particular scenes?

Comment

Well, I don't know if its essentially an "Angel's a very gay straight guy" line but there's the whole Spike montage from "In the Dark" -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p9m4vF0Rcg

One of the BEST moments of Buffyverse TV!!
                              -TP<3
                              "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                              - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Originally posted by smashed View Post
                                I think the line was something a long the lines of "slaughter the act of innocence with a man"...something like that.

And i don't remember anything about Angel wearing makeup? Any particular scenes?
                                He wore eyeliner, quite prominently, in season 2 when he was Angelus and there was at least one scene in season 3, the episode was Homecoming.
                                sigpic

Comment

This is so annoying - I'm always noticing examples of this when I watch Ats, but now I can't think of a single one that hasn't been suggested already.

Can we count men being attracted *to* Angel? Doyle saying "I'm a little attracted", for example. Angel's not just got a gay vibe, he brings it out in others. Maybe it's the vampire thing - being polysexual, they make others so too, or bypass usual gender stuff, given that the "whole big sucking thing" of vampirism (as Buffy puts it) is sexual whichever way you slice it.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

There is Angel's "I want you, Lindsay."

I know there's plenty, but I'm with Wolfie, I'm struggling to think of them off the top of my head.

Comment

Basically when it comes to homo erotic overtones there's the whole "that doesn't make me some kind of deviant" speech in Destiny. That scene with 'Willy' was just just thick with it.

Comment

There's that motorcycle scene in First Impressions when Angel is given the pink helmet and he goes on about "helmet hair".
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X