Favorite Villains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Villains

So who is everyone's favorite villain? Using the criteria of how intriguing, scary, confronting or just plain entertaining they were. I'll include all big bads and all the well-known small appearances.
    The Master
    0.00%
    Darla
    2.56%
    Spike
    2.56%
    Drusilla
    0.00%
    Angelus
    30.77%
    Faith
    5.13%
    The Mayor
    17.95%
    Adam
    0.00%
    The Senior Partners
    5.13%
    Holland Manners
    2.56%
    Glory
    12.82%
    The Trio
    5.13%
    Dark Willow
    7.69%
    Holtz
    0.00%
    The First
    0.00%
    Caleb
    2.56%
    The Beast
    2.56%
    Evil Cordy
    0.00%
    Jasmine
    2.56%
    Hamilton
    0.00%

I went with W&H, they aren't fun like The Mayor or Angelus. But they are at least the real deal. They make all the other villians look like unimportant nobodies. I love how well the unbeatable bad guys work on the show, but I love it even more now they are really showing their greatness.

Besides, they gave us brilliant villians like Lilah, Holland and Lindsay (I'm suprised that not one of them is in the poll, but Hamilton is). Also the whole Circle of the Black Thorn was W&H's work as well.

Nope they are the ultimate bad guys ... at least until now.

edit:

oops, Holland is in the poll.
    Last edited by Nina; 28-10-08, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I love Wolfram and Hart, but not because of any particular member of the firm. I just like the idea of a law firm being the bad guys. From what friends have told me about corporate law firms, it's not that much of an exaggeration re sacrificing the first born

I also love Glory and the Mayor and the nerd trio. I can't really decide on a favourite villain, there are so many great ones. I think the Mayor is perhaps the best as a character, but I love the way that the nerds and Glory fit into their respective seasons, and the effects they have. Also, I love Andrew with a burning bright passion. He is so lame and awesome (to quote britney spears on HIMYM).

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

I voted for Angelus. He was the most compelling villain, his cruelty makes for reverting television and his dark obsession with Buffy and the history between both characters made for really epic, yet deeply person, showdowns. He was a very dark, deadly guy, and a great villain to watch. He brings so much more to the table than simple bash and crash super strength many other villains also have.

I would have then picked a combo team of The Mayor/Faith. The history and the seething tension between Buffy/Faith is also, one of those relations, like Buffy/Angelus, that brings the conflicts to a new level. Their showdown in 'Graudation Day' has so much history behind it, and you could cut the tension with a knife in that unbelievable standoff in 'This Years Girl' when they confront each other for the first time after Faith awakes from her coma.

FAITH: So this blonde chick stabs me and you wanna know why?

BUFFY: (searing) You had it coming.

Never seen Buffy so *pissed* and full of resentment as I did when she says that line, you can just feel the anger building up in her.

I included the Mayor because his feelings for Faith elevated both characters to another level, made you care about them, it was twisted how you genuinely felt for them and their loss in 'This Years Girl' but then remembered, how devious they both were.. And the Mayor scene where he attacks Buffy and is confronted by Angel is pure, awesome. Plus he's a very funny guy.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I went with The Mayor because I think he may be one of the most unique, evil, and enjoyable characters ever to cross paths with our heroes.

Granted, it's tough not to admit that Angelus was the most compelling villain. However, I went with Mayor Wilkie because he was compelling in a very short time-frame and did not have a pre-existing emotional context built into his character (via the audience) like Angelus did.

If neither of those existed, I'm going with Holtz. One of the most truly compelling villains ever because everything he did (albeit extremely hardcore) was done out of love and loss, and not a need to spread evil. Holtz may not have been the best villain in the Buffyverse, but he was the only villain I ever really, truly had sympathy for.
          Last edited by bknick; 27-10-08, 09:31 PM.
          You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

I went with the mayor because I love his humour, he was such a weird guy, probably one of the most sinister too because he didn't look like the bad guy type. I also liked him at times, especially the way he cared for Faith.

Close second would have to be Glory, another funny big bad. She doesn't act like your usual baddie either, I think that is why I like these 2 so much.
            sigpic

Comment

I picked Dark Willow. I think technically Angelus was either show's "best" villain, but Dark Willow is my favourite. Villains-Grave are so entertaining and Alyson's performance is absolutely perfect.

Comment

I just gotta go with Dark Willow. *Life* as the big bad is something we can all relate to. And the control freaks among us can certainly relate to Will's struggle to control the uncontrollable.
                sigpic

Comment

Angelus. The guy did some pretty sick things and he was the most personal. Like he said to Spike in "Innocence": "to kill this girl, you have to love her". So, personal wounds were more damaging to her and the group than the rest. Not to mention that Buffy was more closed emotionally after him.

Comment

This was hard.

I went with Caleb(might change my mind tomorrow)

Caleb was the anti Buffy.
                    He was So aggressively hateful of women. He metaphorically represented the many jerks who kept down women over the years.

More thin was the metaphor of him being the embodiment of religion's history of oppressing women.

He allowed the best of all the 'angel rescuing Buffy scenes'.

He just was so overbearing and Alpha maleish' He wins in my book as the Truest Buffy adversary.

And he was damn funny.

Although I could make the case for the Mayor also. HE was also awesome on many levels.
                    ===Quote of the day===
                    "To read makes our speaking English good"

Xander

Comment

Caleb was a good villain and very threatening, I loved the way Nathan Fillion played him. He definitely spiced up season 7 when he came into the mix. But he could've had more great scenes and made more of an impact, if you ask me. Though I did like what was done with him as a villain, I just felt there should've been a little more damage done there.

He knew he could easily take out the gang pretty much on his own after Dirty Girls, yet he doesn't even attack them in the following episode? Aside from his bizarre encounter with Buffy in the high school where for some reason he didn't kill her...yet in the following episode The First instructs Caleb to "Go! Kill!".

Comment

Working...
                      X