Who's Best for Xander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Best for Xander?

Can't... resist... more... "Best For"... threads...

Who's best for Xander?

(Again, I really hope I didn't forget any significant or prospective love interests of his...)
    Anya
    44.07%
    Cordelia
    10.17%
    Buffy
    13.56%
    Willow
    6.78%
    Dawn
    11.86%
    Faith
    1.69%
    Renee
    1.69%
    Male Character (Spike, Angel, etc.)
    6.78%
    Other
    3.39%

(set made by Francy for me)

Okay here I go, I want to see Xander with Nina. (I know, I also want to see Angel with Nina.) I think that Xander has a bad choice in women for his own good. Cordelia, Faith and Anya are hot ... but I don't see them as good women for him (maybe Cordy after she grew up). I think a normal women who is not bitchy or sociopathic (or any other issues) would be a good idea for Xander. And I see Nina as the perfect girlfriend for Xander. My second choice would be Renee.
    Last edited by Nina; 27-10-08, 12:47 AM.

Comment

The most enjoyable 'ship to me was Xander/Anya, the most relatable was Xander/Willow (because I've had conflicted feelings like that towards my -- male -- best friend, too), but best for Xander...?

Guess I'll go with Anya again, because they were finally coming to be on the same wavelength in Season 7 of Buffy ("Selfless", especially... guh). My second choice is probably Dawn, mostly because of Season 8 (although "Potential" plays its part, too). Buffy wouldn't be bad, either, but she doesn't top the list because of her "Issues", as Clem put it. I don't know how fit Xander would be to deal with them in a romantic capacity (especially since there have been new Issues added to the old ones since "Chosen").
      Last edited by Enisy; 27-10-08, 01:11 AM.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

It's Buffy, it's always been Buffy. They inspire each other, they're always the first one that each other has turned to for the long haul when they need help, they have been the bopsy twins almost without interruption since late in Season 6 (really, the poorly written scene at the end of "First Date" is the only real exception, that and the globally terrible "Empty Places"). She's his hero, and he's the reason she's made it that far.
        sigpic
        Banner by LRae12

Comment

I'd like Xander/ Dawn I think. Wouldn't it be nice if he stopped looking at the big sister and turned his eyes on now all grown up Dawnie.
          They have similar senses of humor and they both have to wade their way through the craziness of their world without magic or special abilities.
          "All I ask is that... that you try to see me."

Comment

I have to say Anya too. I thought they worked brilliantly together myself.

Comment

I have to say that I thought Xander and Cordelia made the cutest couple. The fact that she was made part demon only made her more his type.
              Insert witty quote here.

Comment

Cordelia wasn't part-demon when she was dating Xander.

Anya is definitely my pick. They were an amazing couple that should've stayed together till the end, if Joss didn't have a grudge towards happy endings :P It made sense that they broke up given Xander's insecurity issues, but I wish they'd got back together. There was a "one more time" in Storyteller that seemed to genuinely feel that way until...Touched. Then...nothing. Not really a satisfying wrap-up to their great relationship which was one of the show's best and most entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanlegend23 View Post
                  Cordelia wasn't part-demon when she was dating Xander.
                  Oh, that's not what I meant. I meant that it's sort of ironic that Cordelia became Xander's type after their break-up, and it would be cute if they got back together again, if Cordelia were actually alive of course.
                  Insert witty quote here.

Comment

LOL. True, that just read differently to me before for some reason

Comment

I went for Buffy, it has to be Buffy. I don't tend to have a 'ship, but if I did I know for sure it would be Bander, it's just so right to me. I know he's probably more like a brother to her, but kind of like what I said in the "Who's Best for Angel" thread, I said that they've grown up together and they've probably been there for each other a lot more than perhaps Willow was for Xander or Buffy, he went through bigger moments with her, ie bringing her back to life the first time.
                      sigpic

Comment

I picked Buffy, but honestly I loved him with Cordy and I prefer Xander/Willow than I ever did Xander/Anya. I really didn't give a crap about Xander/Anya for the majority of the series at all, it didn't do anything for me whatsoever. The only scene I really just went "wow" in was their final scene together in 'Selfless' and oddly enough, it was kind of both of them parting ways. By season seven, even with the casual sex, it was evident it wasn't going to evolve into something again, it was comfort during a hard time but that was it by that point. Anya still hadn't discovered herself and both pretty much admitted to the mutual understanding that, despite all their best efforts and genuine feelings, he was just a "clingee."

Xander/Anya basically did what Angel/Cordy did, both wowed me way too late, at their goodbye scenes, all before it, was pretty much lackluster to me.

I'd really like to see him end up with Buffy, he's been by her side all this time, it'd be a nice "full circle" feeling seeing as how it was the first ship ever introduced into the series, and could be the last, and it'd be nice to see him end up with the girl this time.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

In terms of his relationships so far, Renee was the best.

I'd like to see how him and Buffy would play out, but I can't guess at whether she'd be good for him or not. She could be, in the right circumstances, but I'm thinking more and more that things need to settle down (in terms of the current crisis) before anyone should be starting new relationships. It's all just too hectic and full of death and trauma and time travel and people going evil in teh future

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

I said Cordelia. I know she's dead, but since I loved them together in the beginning, I think they'd be great together now. They have both grown and experienced so much that I think they'd make some great story telling together.

Comment

Buffy, for everything KingofCretins said.
                              You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

I'm biased. Spike for me, especially since they have so much in common.

Count me with those who didn't enjoy Xander/Anya, while they had been good to each other in ways: Xander loving Anya when no one did and being there for her when no one did, Anya making Xander feel like a man and boosting his confidence with her constant praising... they just didn't seem to let the other grow. Xander and Anya grew into mature adults after they broke up.
                                Made by Trickyboxes
                                Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Of the characters that are alive and not outside Xander's sexual orientation, Buffy leads Dawn and other 5-1-1 Go Buffy/Xander!

That would probably be the biggest change I'd made in these polls. It's hard to define someone as the best person for any of these characters if they're already dead (Anya, Cordy, Renee) -- unless you're sort of arguing that they're just going to have to settle, which is kinda depressing.
                                  sigpic
                                  Banner by LRae12

Comment

unless you're sort of arguing that they're just going to have to settle, which is kinda depressing.
                                    Well you may see it that way, but not others on here by the looks of it.

It called having a bit of fun while speculating.

Comment

In terms of who he actually should end up with, I don't care, as long as my boy is getting some, and it's not just from some random slayer throw-in chick!

I love Anya to death, Emma Caulfield probably did my favorite work in the entire series, but I'll discount her due to the senseless "we have to have some random expendable tragedy to make this deep" death thing Joss has going. If there's a Joss-verse afterlife, maybe she and Wash could hit it off.

I went with Willow. It'd be great to see them rediscover each other as adults. And as an added bonus, it breaks up that awful Willow/Kennedy thing. She needs to find a new mate, no matter which kind of genitalia they sport.

I'd have no problem with Xander and Buffy. It'd be a lot of fun, though I'm not sure how the relationship would "realistically" work.

Out of left field, I'd really love to see Xander with Illyria. It makes sense, if you're trying to find the perfect hookup for Xander, put him with the biggest, baddest uberdemon chick you can think of. Xander's role in the series was always to be quintessential humanity. You know she'd just want to smack him at first glance, but it'd be interesting to see his humor and irreverence bring out a softer side of her, and teach her what it meant to be somewhat mortal, much like with Anya.

Comment

Originally posted by WC7 View Post
                                        I went with Willow. It'd be great to see them rediscover each other as adults. And as an added bonus, it breaks up that awful Willow/Kennedy thing. She needs to find a new mate, no matter which kind of genitalia they sport.

I'd have no problem with Xander and Buffy. It'd be a lot of fun, though I'm not sure how the relationship would "realistically" work.

Out of left field, I'd really love to see Xander with Illyria. It makes sense, if you're trying to find the perfect hookup for Xander, put him with the biggest, baddest uberdemon chick you can think of. Xander's role in the series was always to be quintessential humanity. You know she'd just want to smack him at first glance, but it'd be interesting to see his humor and irreverence bring out a softer side of her, and teach her what it meant to be somewhat mortal, much like with Anya.
                                        Rock on (for lack of better phrasing), I totally get what you're saying. Call it wishful thinking, but if Willow could be so drawn and attracted to Xander in S3, I don't see how she can only be into women. That part of the series still doesn't make sense to me. Maybe there's something Willow hasn't discovered about herself yet.

About Xander and Buffy:
                                        Spoiler:
                                        There have been hints of the two of them hooking up in the comics. I've been re-reading the issues, and from what I've noticed, I wouldn't rule that out. In fact, judging by the "slow year" comments among other things, I don't think it's very unlikely that Buffy and Xander haven't done it at least once already. There seems to have been loneliness for them since they "changed the world," and two people of the opposite gender being around each other enough could cause one thing to lead to another I suppose. Besides, it's not like Buffy isn't capable of sleeping with inappropriate people. I blame it on the resurrection. Maybe Buffy still needs that sort of connection to "feel" enough to do her job. Despite how well she pulled out of her funk in S6, and how much healthier she's been since then, the scientific explanation that Tara brought up could still be an active issue. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I just hope it doesn't get so out of control that fans like myself want to stop reading.
                                        Insert witty quote here.

Comment

Working...
                                        X