Who's best for Fred?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's best for Fred?

Because these kind of threads are so much fun and because Fred had so many flirts ...

Who's best for Fred?

To be honest, I've no idea. I love her the most with Wesley, but I'm not sure if Wesley is a good boyfriend for anybody after season 3. Help me decide!
    Wesley
    64.10%
    Gunn
    17.95%
    Angel
    0.00%
    Spike
    10.26%
    Willow
    0.00%
    Knox (uhm, is anybody voting for this one?)
    0.00%
    Feigenbaum
    2.56%
    Fred should be single
    2.56%
    Somebody else
    2.56%
    Last edited by Nina; 27-10-08, 12:16 AM.

I voted Wesley, because I really like them together adn i believe he truly loved her. And I think they could been really happy if they gotten the chance. I also think Fred could bring some of the old Wes back.

But I had a really hard time not voting for Feigenbaum

Comment

Who I like her the most with: Wesley
      Who's best for her: Gunn

ETA: In hindsight, I should have probably voted for Wesley, but it was a tight contest between them, anyway, so I don't have any big regrets. Funny thing is, I disliked Gunn/Fred in the beginning and liked it towards the end, whereas I loved Wesley/Fred in the beginning and disliked it towards the end (Angel Season 5).
      Last edited by Enisy; 27-10-08, 12:21 AM.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Wesley, they're so alike and just gel together. Wesley has so much care and love for Fred, he would do anything for her (even if it endangered his own life) in a moment's heartbeat. There's no competition here - these two were made for each other, it sucks they only got one episode to share their love (and a fairly grim episode at that).

Comment

Right now, Spike. Like I said on Spike's thread, they just work for me, I really dig their scenes together.

To be honest I never could make myself care a great deal about Fred's love life, nor her relationship with Gunn or Wesley inspired a great deal of thought from me. I found myself enjoying the Wes/Illyria relationship more than the Wesley/Fred one, because it's more compelling with Wes feeling troubled with the memories of Fred than actually being with her.

So I'm going with Spike, he cares about her a lot and wants to protect her and she brings out a better side of him than most.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I loved seeing her with Gunn, they were pretty sweet together but I chose Wesley. It just seems both of them just seem right together, and they back each other up and they?re both brainy.

Comment

Most definitely Wesley. I don't say this simply because I am more of a diehard Wes/Fred shipper than I am of any other 'ship in the verse, but because if Wesley had been with Fred from the middle part of Season Three he would never have descended into the darkness which we all know he did. Granted, this would not make Wes the uber-badass he became (and thus I veto it), but I can be positive that if those two crazy kids were with each other, Fred would have been just as (re: more) happy as she was with pancakey-silly-gushy-Gunn.

Also, the inclusion of Feigenbaum really throws my brain into a strange, dizzying place.
              You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

It has to be Wesley for me, I just think they fit. I really felt for Wesley when Fred died but I don't think I would have felt so sad for Gunn, but maybe that is because he was never a favourite of mine. It is definately a more intense relationship than Fred/Gunn but I think that they are meant to be, I was so annoyed in Waiting in the Wings when Fred and Gunn got together, it just never felt right, I always felt like she was meant to be with Wesley.
                sigpic

Comment

Most definitely Gunn--I have always been a G/F shipper, and the reason is that they are so sweet and adorable together, and work so well. He was the man she was first attracted to after Angel (before she randomly decided in the space of two seconds in YW that she was attracted to Wes), he always liked her as well, she brought out the best in him and made him more open/caring (I love the contrast we see between his past self in that one s. 4 epp and his current self), he made her feel safe and protected, and they just clicked. They were just "frunn" dammit! And while speaking of "what ifs" (as people saying "if she and Wes had inititally gotten together" are), if not for the whole professor thing, I don't think Frunn would have ever broken up--but that was a lose-lose situation that Wes wouldn't have been able to surmount either (if they had been together then, they would have broken up too).

So yeah, I'd go with Gunn, the man she chose for herself, and with whom she had the best relationship for the longest time, as the best guy for her......if we are speaking of pre-ATF of course.

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                  Right now, Spike. Like I said on Spike's thread, they just work for me, I really dig their scenes together.

To be honest I never could make myself care a great deal about Fred's love life, nor her relationship with Gunn or Wesley inspired a great deal of thought from me. I found myself enjoying the Wes/Illyria relationship more than the Wesley/Fred one, because it's more compelling with Wes feeling troubled with the memories of Fred than actually being with her.

So I'm going with Spike, he cares about her a lot and wants to protect her and she brings out a better side of him than most.
                  Hee, I never thought I'd ever see you say Spike was best for anyone!
                  Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Um, duh, Harmony! Those two were perfect!

Actually though, in all seriousness the only interesting fanfic I've ever read about Fred paired her with Harmony to hilarious result.

I guess the answer changes depending on the context - is this on the show? If so, I'd have to say single or maybe Willow just cuz that was fun. I got so tired of the Wesley/Gunn thing, it was way boring, and Fred's interminable cheesy death put a stop to any desire I had to seeing Fred and Wesley together.

But if it's in fanfic, I stand by my vote of Harmony. They were interesting together.
                    sigpic

http://buffysmom.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
                      Hee, I never thought I'd ever see you say Spike was best for anyone!
                      Well to be perfectly honest I'm not sure he is the best *for Fred* she's just in my opinion, the best for him by far. But I chose Spike because who is best for Fred? She nearly always effects the man she's with, it's basically never the other way around, she's hardly ever effected by the relationship like the man is, so it's hard to reall say who'd be best for her. It was probably the hardest one I had to answer.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I think that Spike and Fred have the potential to make a great couple and have thought so since their scenes together in 'Hellbound.' 'After the Fall' has just reinforced this for me -she's vulnerable and he's doing whatever he can to ensure that whatever's left of her survives. That's got to be good for her !

Comment

This is completely contradictory to my vote in the Spike thread because I chose Fred for him, but in this thread I chose Wesley. Maybe they could have a love triangle where Fred and Wesley get resurrected and nobody gets jealous (as if that would ever happen.)

My main reason for choosing Wesley was because I wanted them to get together from Waiting In The Wings when it was made obvious that there was the likelihood that one of them (Gunn or Wesley) would be chosen or would make a move on Fred to become a couple and when it was Gunn instead, it was kind of shattering, like Groo turning up at the end of the same episode. But when they finally got together I was really happy, then she got killed which pissed me off and made me feel cheated, that we had to endure endless episodes of Frunn (or Gred, whatever) when Fresley were only given one (if that). Also, I loved the kissing scene in season 4 when Gunn walked in.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by litzie View Post
                            Um, duh, Harmony! Those two were perfect!

Actually though, in all seriousness the only interesting fanfic I've ever read about Fred paired her with Harmony to hilarious result.

I guess the answer changes depending on the context - is this on the show? If so, I'd have to say single or maybe Willow just cuz that was fun. I got so tired of the Wesley/Gunn thing, it was way boring, and Fred's interminable cheesy death put a stop to any desire I had to seeing Fred and Wesley together.
                            Oooh, I forgot about Willow! Yeah, I gotta say, they defnitely had more chemistry and seemed more awesome together than *shudder* Kennedy and Willow ever did. If this was about who was better for Willow, Kennedy or Fred, I'd definitely say Fred! Plus they're so similar, both nerds excited in their respective fields...
                            Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Wesley/Fred were better suited than Gunn/Fred, for sure.

I liked Spike/Fred. I liked the side she brought out in him. I probably like them more than Spike/Buffy, actually. But, there's the vampire/human issue, which is always a basic problem for me.

And yeah, Willow/Fred was fun. They could have had potential.

Comment

Gunn. They were just so nice and normal. And Fred really was attracted to Gunn (when she got over the understandable being attracted to the knight to saved her).
                                Originally posted by Enisy View Post
                                Funny thing is, I disliked Gunn/Fred in the beginning and liked it towards the end, whereas I loved Wesley/Fred in the beginning and disliked it towards the end (Angel Season 5).
                                I have to agree with that. In Waiting In The Wings I actually wanted her to choose Wes, it seemed so obvious choice, them being so alike and all. But actually, as the time went on, I really started to like Gunn and Fred together, I think they were really cute. Also, I really did not buy Fred being attracted to Wes all of a sudden. I mean, Fred still wanted Gunn back in Release ("All I know...is I miss you. Can't we just go back before any of this?") Then she was more than enthusiastic about Knox. (And, I have to say, I really liked Knox before he was turned into evil Illyria worshipper). So I did not see at all where the sudden Great Love towards Wes came from.
                                sigpic
                                banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

I've put that she's best single. I'm so undecided with Fred; sometimes I love her and other times I can't stand her. Her naivety with the whole 'oh, is EVERYONE in love with me? i didn't know! *puppy dog eyes*' just pisses me off no end, especially in Season 5.

I think to have her single is to explore her character more. To explore what it means for Fred to not be reliant on having everyone's attention focused on her.

Comment

I went with Gunn. I loved the two of them together, they had such great chemistry and I loved seeing them slowly come together. I was rather upset when they broke up and she ended up with Wes (yes Wes and Fred are adorable together), but I will always be a Funn supporter ^_^

Plus they were just perfect for each other.

Comment

Working...
                                    X