Who's Best for Spike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Best for Spike?

I was just wondering which of the Jossverse ladies everyone would like to see Spike paired up with, if we all could choose.

Personally, I lean toward Buffy or Willow, but of course Buffy's been a little more lesbian lately and Willow is a lesbian. That doesn't really change my mind, though.

What do you think?
    Buffy
    47.87%
    Willow
    3.19%
    Spider
    2.13%
    Illyria
    6.38%
    Drusilla
    12.77%
    Fred
    11.70%
    Anya
    1.06%
    Dawn (after high school, not sick like Angel)
    3.19%
    A guy (Xander or Angel, for example)
    4.26%
    no one, he should be alone
    7.45%
    Insert witty quote here.

I'm not really enjoying the 'sick like Angel' part in the poll to be honest. I don't see the point of putting that untrue remark in the poll.

I went with Fred, I think that she and Spike have the most healthy relation of all Spike's relations. She really likes him, and he really likes her in a not obsessed way. Besides I enjoy the converstations. But maybe they work better as friends. I haven't seen the ideal person for soulled Spike yet, when he is soulless it's of course Drusilla.
    Last edited by Nina; 26-10-08, 09:12 PM.

Comment

There should have been an other, because I think Faith would be a better match for him than Buffy was, although, to be honest, I don't really dig on the vampire/human relationships in the first place. But purely on chemistry and their overall attitude, I think he and Faith. They could share cigarettes, even.
      sigpic
      Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
        I'm not really enjoying the 'sick like Angel' part in the poll to be honest. I don't see the point of putting that untrue remark in the poll.

I really agree with this. It's pretty insulting to Angel fans.

I voted for Illyria or more so the Illyria/Fred hybrid. I think they have amazing chemistry in the comics.

Comment

I've got to go with Buffy because she inspires him to be a better man.
          Certainly some other characters bring out his compassionate side to some degree, but Buffy inspired a fundamental change in who he is.

Also, I think at this point Spike deserves a little happy, and he wants Buffy.
          "All I ask is that... that you try to see me."

Comment

Yeah. Gotta be Buffy. No comic panel can articulate deeper feelings than James Marsters's acting, and since I highly doubt we're getting any more of the latter, it's going to be Buffy by default. (Would have been Buffy for me anyway, because she's my favourite female character in the 'verse, and because I adore snarky sexy love-hate 'ships -- see Logan/Veronica, see Zuko/Katara, etc.)

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Well, I suppose Buffy is what's best for Spike, which is the topic. I'm still uninclined to answer that way since it's so thoroughly not what's best for Buffy.

Now, there is a point of diminishing returns on the "Buffy makes a guy be a better man" thing, though -- Angel hit it in just three years. He was quickly just her vampiric house boy in terms of overall heroic purpose and such until he went to LA. One could argue that even Riley was affected in this way -- being with Buffy made him more self-reliant, made him assert more control over his own life, but it also made him "mission's boyfriend" in about a year. And Buffy herself blasted Spike in Season 7, and I don't think anyone can argue that he didn't become a more self-actualized "hero" until Angel Season 5 than he had been prior to "Chosen".
              sigpic
              Banner by LRae12

Comment

Yes, definitely Buffy, because that's who Spike wants and as Dorian already said, by now he really does deserve a little happy. A very big happy actually.

I can understand why Faith was suggested, but I'm thinking Faith and Spike are too similar in a way. With Fred I see only friend vibe. S4 Anya and Spike did have certain chemistry in some scenes, I remember but I don't see them actually as a pair. For early soulless Spike, definitely Dru. But we saw how he fell out of love with Dru practically onscreen, so it's obvious Spike doesn't want her anymore.
                sigpic
                banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

I vote for Buffy, because, to me, Buffy/Spike is the most inspiring couple and their journey is the greatest story I ever saw on TV.
                  ________
                  Black booty
                  Last edited by Moscow Watcher; 18-03-11, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I voted Buffy. Its Spike and Buffy! Buffy and Spike! (Now I'm sounding like Joey, 'Its Ross and Rachel! Rachel and Ross!') I think that Buffy is the best person for Spike, because like said above...somewhere, Buffy is the one person Spike truely wants. Spike went and got a soul for her. He'd do anything for her. He'd die for her. He's in love with Buffy, and I'm sure Buffy loves Spike...in the Seventh season obviously

sigpic
                    ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

Being the slasher that I am I had to choose Angel of course. At least dear old Angel would know where Spike was 'coming from' so to speak when it came to being a souled vamp.

Comment

I went for Fred, the little of what we saw between their interaction there was chemistry and, in my opinion, she was probably one of the only female characters that he was nice to from meeting her, even with Drusilla he didn't seem to take an instant shine to her. Also the stuff that she did to try and recorporealize him and that he (and Angel) did to try and save Fred. It'd just be so cute, and I can imagine them shopping like that scene in Spike: ATF #3.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, sorry about the "sick like Angel" part. I didn't mean any offense, I just didn't want to come off wrong for bringing up Dawn in the first place. Spike knew her when she was a teenager but she's an adult now, and that's the way I wanted to list her on the poll. I know there are people out there who liked the relationship that Spike had with Dawn and have even pictured Xander with Dawn, otherwise I wouldn't have put Dawn's name up there at all.
                          Insert witty quote here.

Comment

Buffy for sure! They're infactuation with each other was not healthy at all at first and by the end of the sixth season I definitely wouldn't have picked her, but in Season 7 they got more genuine chemistry than sexual heat between them. There were real moments of love there, for example - the final scenes of Beneath You and Showtime (the latter particularly, a beautiful and understated scene, the way they look at each other is just amazing), as well as Chosen. Though, who knows if Buffy really meant it when she said "I love you". I think Joss left it up to the viewer to decide that.

Comment

I voted Fred. I always enjoyed their scenes together in Ats season five and what's been done with both of them in 'After the Fall.'

Fred brings out a softer different side to Spike which I find welcoming given how he's always snarky and rude, it's nice to get a break from that once in a while. It's just nice and sweet and really brings out a different aspect of his character, one that was more like Spike/Dru but ya know.. not evil.

With Buffy, he didn't have a life outside of Buffy, which isn't good for his character at all. Now he's moved on from that and has his own purpose and he's better of for it. Besides, he could have went and found her in Ats s5 but instead decided he wanted to go out as the hero and not face her again, so in my opinion he's now satisfied with the fantasy and the memories rather than actually having to deal with the reality and nitty gritty of that relationship.

So yup, I like Spike/Fred. He's able to care about her (fantasies, Wes having to ask ect) without it spilling over and taking up his entire life, for once he's not loves bitch, and not being something's bitch is only a positive in my opinion, he can't go anywhere but up now.
                              Last edited by vampmogs; 27-10-08, 01:28 PM.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I also voted Fred.

However, Spike is not my choice for Fred's character.
                                You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

Again being biased, I chose Xander. Those two are just meant to be -been watching S5 BtVS and their scenes together are my top favorite- and I grew to love them more as I've read this essay:

http://community.livejournal.com/fal...33.html#cutid1
                                  Made by Trickyboxes
                                  Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Buffy. Their relationship really grew up into something profound on S7. They?ve reached a level of understanding and trust for each other that it?s amazing to see.

Comment

Look at me on a posting roll today..

Hands down Buffy. Look at what he did for her, he went to get a soul. Even after what happened in season 6 she understand how he had changed and they started to grow together in the best possible way. Neither of them was using or abusing the other, and it was really nice to see this in a non sexual way.

Comment

Fred, although I never even considered it a real choice prior to Spike's fantasy in the comic.

Whosoever Shall Call Upon the Name of the Lord Shall Be Saved!

Comment

Working...
                                        X