Characters who were never together on screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Characters who were never together on screen

Between the two shows, BtVS and Angel, there were a number of character interactions that are intriguing to contemplate but which never happened. Not just between shows but also within each show. Some examples:

I would have loved to have seen Fred actually meet Buffy. The "mystique" of Buffy seems to never entirely disappear from the background of Angel. Fred felt it just as much as those characters - Angel, Cordelia, Wesley - who actually knew her, and I wonder what it would have been like for her to actually meet "that girl with the goofy name."

Within BtVS I wish we could have seen Angel with Dawn at some point in Seasons 5-7, and perhaps have gotten a hint about what the early Buffy season story "rewrites" were with Dawn in the picture, and her own "history" with her sister's great love/mortal enemy.

On Angel, thanks largely to Cordelia's absence from all but one episode of Season 5, she and Nina never met. What would Cordelia have thought (and said!) of her and Angel?

No doubt there are many other possibilities among the characters of the two shows, and fanfic out there which explores them.

Edit: My apologies: this was meant to go into the "General Discussion" section. I would appreciate if the mods could move it.

Edit: Thanks to the mods for moving this incorrectly located thread!
    Last edited by watcher1006; 07-10-08, 06:35 PM. Reason: Thanks!

The only I thing I really wanted to see (it's still possible ... come on PTB!) Connor meeting the scoobies. Not just one of them, but all of them. I can see Xander bonding with him, liking him a lot ... and finding out who he really is. But also Buffy/Connor and Dawn/Connor are interactions I want to see. Weird, the only interation we saw (Willow/Connor) was the one I didn't really care about.

Also grown up!Wesley meeting Giles is high on my list. But that's more because I hate the idea that Giles is telling Andrew that he shouldn't take Wesley serious.

Comment

Yeah, definitely agree on S5 Wesley meeting Giles. That would be quite interesting.

I'm not all that interested in seeing Connor meet...anybody really. Probably cause I just don't like him.

Fred meeting Buffy would be cool. Also Fred meeting Xander. And then a Xander/Fred relationship. Pre-Wesley, though. Cuz, she should still end up with him before the end.

How about Dawn/Cordelia? I wonder how they interacted in the re-written high school years? And how grown-up Angel-Cordy would interact with Dawn. I'll bet they'd be buddies. She'd be the cool aunt.

Gunn and Oz. I think they would get along. If Gunn played an instrument, I could see them in a band together.

Kate and Spike. Can the vampire who pisses off Angel more than anyone be the vampire that pisses Kate off more than Angel?
      You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

Like some of the examples above, for me it's wanting to see reunions between characters who have changed drastically since they last encountered each other, rather than those who've never met each other at all.

I could go for the Scoobs meeting Connor, but that's more about me wanting to see them react to the knowledge of Connor's existence rather than actually wanting to see the character interact with them.

I would've liked seeing Gunn (and maybe Fred too) meet Buffy and Xander, for no other reason that I think the characters would likely get along, really. Something like that could've been easily done if the Scoobies and the Fang Gang had ever met as groups, which would've been fun to see as well.

But, yeah, the interactions I really crave(d) were those such as Giles/Wes, Xander/Cordy, and Buffy/Cordy while we're at it, after some of their developments in the later seasons of their shows. I was seriously disappointed that those two especially never got to see have far Cordelia came and what an awesome person she turned into. Cordy's opinion on what became of Xander after she left would have been nice payoff for them.

Dawn/Faith are a pair that shared minimal screentime, I really want to see more of them. They certainly share a lot of common ground (abandonment issues, the importance of Buffy in their lives and the issues that causes, being the 'inferior' Summers and the 'inferior' Slayer respectively.) I'd love to know more about their supposed history, mostly their relationship prior to Faith going all ax crazy. I have hope that this might happen if Faith and Giles make their way to the BHC at some point. Dawn's got some problems with Buffy's new sisters, and I think it's very likely Faith going to have some reaction to the Slayer sorority situation they've got going on now. Possible room for bonding over that?

In a similar vein, more Angel/Dawn would've been great. Perhaps an episode centered on Buffy/Angel/Dawn/Connor would have been an idea.

Comment

I'd have loved to see an episode where the Scoobies meet the fang gang. I'd die to see the Scoobies' reaction to Dark!Wesley. I agree with Nina that Willow is the one I cared less about meeting the fang gang. Mostly because Willow is sweet and open-minded, she never makes an interesting character-interaction.

Grown-up Xander and Grown-up Cordelia meeting again would have been awesome.
          Made by Trickyboxes
          Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
            I'd have loved to see an episode where the Scoobies meet the fang gang. I'd die to see the Scoobies' reaction to Dark!Wesley. I agree with Nina that Willow is the one I cared less about meeting the fang gang. Mostly because Willow is sweet and open-minded, she never makes an interesting character-interaction.

Grown-up Xander and Grown-up Cordelia meeting again would have been awesome.
            I think Willow's interaction with Fred was very interesting! It was so ambiguous and funny that it was in front of Wesley! Fred & Willows relationship could've been really interesting if they were around each other more. But I think they are too alike to be on the same show for good.

Personally I would've liked to see dawn and connor interact; even more so than Buffy & Connor. I think there would've been chemistry between dawn and connor. I wonder if we'll ever see this.

We're gonna get interesting new interactions of Dawn in the upcoming flashback issue though! Angel & Dawn as well as Dawn & Cordelia will likely be explored telling by the cover.

Couple other character interactions I'd like to see:
            FRED & ANYA! they would be soo funny together I think. They both talk so precisely. They seem like they'd work well off each other in fighting evil!

Harmony & Faith- i can imagine them hating each other and it being funny!

Comment

Buffy meeting badass Wesley, her reaction to his new attitude would have been cool.

Fred meeting Oz or even Tara. I don?t know why but I relate Fred with them, she?s calm like them.

Comment

Angel Spoilers - sorry again about posting this in the wrong section!

Hmmm... I have my doubts about Scooby meeting Fang en masse. I thought the mythologies of the two shows didn't mesh all that well in the late seasons. I think it may have been better that there weren't any large scale multi-character crossovers between the shows.

But it's certainly possible to imagine interesting character crossovers. I thought that Willow was great in Angel S4 "Orpheus". It was fitting that Fred would be the one to think of summoning her and their dialogue made it perfectly clear how they shared nerdy roots. I agree with RuFio that it may not have worked out long term for them to be on the same show but it most certainly worked for that one episode. There was even that one puzzling, isolated hint of sexuality toward the end when Willow tells Fred "I'm seeing someone" which tickled some fans.

Darker was her reunion with Cordelia. By that time it wasn't really Cordelia but I still found it unsettling to contrast the two together in this episode to the time at the end of Buffy Season 2 when Willow restored Angel's soul for the first time. Then it was Willow in the bed, not Cordelia, and Cordelia was helping Willow rather than opposing her.

Among other crossover possibilities I think it would have been interesting to have Anya meet Lorne at some point. Anya with her wide knowledge of demon dimensions may well have known where he was from right away, like "Oh, you're from Pylea. Been there, won't go there again. Sunlight there makes my skin break break out." And she could have sang for Lorne and he could have taken her reading.

Comment

I want Illyria to meet Simone and to be offended by the pink hair and unimpressed by her being a slayer.

And I want Angel to meet Buffy-bot.
                  Last edited by Nina; 07-10-08, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                    I want Illyria to meet Simone and to be offended by the pink hair and unimpressed by her being a slayer.

I think Illyria would be unimpressed by the concept of the Slayer in general, but I think it'd be sweet if the gang met Illyria when she was in Fred form (mainly when she's normal again) and then meet her again in Illyria form.

Also, isn't this thread kind of similar to the one that got moved to the games section?
                    sigpic

Comment

Illyria isn't impressed by slayers at all, when somebody asked her is she was one, het answer was something like; "You wish". That's why I want Simone to meet her.

And yes, this tread is a lot like the moved one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                        And I want Angel to meet Buffy-bot.
                        Now THAT might be entertaining.
                        Sin is what I feast upon
                        I'm forging my crematorium
                        Your tomb is waiting here for you
                        Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Angel would probably smell the Buffybot. He uses his nose a lot for figuring out the person in front of him (and he has been known to sniff Buffy). Angel and Spike have a natural advantage of knowing the difference between Buffy and the Buffybot. It doesn't work for them, because they know the smell of the real Buffy. If they can smell the difference between a human and a demon, they can tell human vs. robot.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                          "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Spike couldn't tell the difference in Intervention, though, until Buffy kissed him.

(I think there have been a couple of Angel-meets-the-Buffybot fanfics, which, yeah, hilarious.)

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Spike had Warren program Buffybot to think Angel was a loser - "all his hair sticks up and he's totally lame" or something like that is what she says in S5 "Intervention". He would have noticed that quickly, I would think.

Comment

Xander and Gunn meeting would be cool. Nobody hates vamps more than they do.

Xander/Illyria, as well. Hell, Illyria and pretty much anyone. Illyria/Cordelia! Can you imagine the sparks flying from that meeting?

Cordelia and Human!Anya would be interesting. Did they interact at all in season 3 once Anya had lost her powers?

Lorne/Clem

Connor and Buffy (or pretty much anyone, as has been said).

Comment

Duh, of course Angel would figure it out sooner or later (rather sooner if she tells him he's lame and then goes on about how everybody should see Spike naked and be amazed ). But his reaction to the concept of an artificial Buffy, let alone one to, ahem, spend nice evenings with might be entertaining.
                                  Sin is what I feast upon
                                  I'm forging my crematorium
                                  Your tomb is waiting here for you
                                  Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

As has been said already, Wesley re-meets the gang. The brief Wesley-Willow scene was a lot of fun when it happened. Especially with the subtext of of the two of them bumping uglies in the real world.

I always dreamed of some scene where the scoobies were under heavy fire from something or other, and Wes and Gunn roll in as the cavalry to save the day.

My favorite would probably be Xander/Illyria. Given that the laws of the universe state that Xander will eventually hook up with every hot demon chick he runs across, you just know the two of them would have something going on. I bet someone could (or, probably has) write a pretty good fic about her not knowing how the hell to react to the goofy kid and not understanding his constant jokes, and him helping her to find more of her human side.

Comment

Originally posted by Enisy View Post
                                      Spike couldn't tell the difference in Intervention, though, until Buffy kissed him.

(I think there have been a couple of Angel-meets-the-Buffybot fanfics, which, yeah, hilarious.)
                                      Spike not being able to tell is usually considered a plot error, of course, and fanwanked by the enormous beatdown he had just suffered. If Angel, in non-beaten down mode, couldn't tell, I'd say shenanigans.

Really, although they technically were on screen together and interacted, I think Cordy and Anya. In "The Wish" Anya was a one-off and written that way. By late Season 4 and Season 5, when she really had become the replacement Cordy, that interaction would have been much, much more awesome. I would totally love them snarking at each other.

It goes with the old "Cross 'Shipping" thread, but I think early Gunn and Buffy. Everything that made Buffy and Xander entertaining in "Bad Eggs" would make Buffy and Gunn entertaining.

How about Jenny and Wesley in Season 3? Giles and Wesley both hot for the same lady.

David Nabbit and any part of the Trio.

Lot of good ideas people can read in the Old "Cross 'Shipping" thread.
                                      sigpic
                                      Banner by LRae12

Comment

Certainly lots of cross-show possibilities but there are some within each show as well. Like heck, we never had a scene with Dawn and Oz. I'm guessing she thought he was cool back in Buffy's high school days, he being in a band and all. I could see him in Season 7 giving Dawn a ride to the new Sunnydale High School in his van and stepping out himself to take a look around.

Comment

Working...
                                        X