Willow & Tara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willow & Tara

I couldn't find a thread for them so I made one. Wanted to share this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H31swFKEArQ

^ Willow & Tara - Miley Cyrus "Goodbye" (Trust me, it's really good)

If anyone has W&T videos share them here! =]

Good song and great video. I always loved Willow and Tara. And i never got over her death. They should have brought her back to life in Chosen like Joss had wanted. Unfortunately, Amber Benson didn't want to and was happy with how she left the show.

Personally, I don't get that. I mean it was one episode, and it would have actually made the series finale one to remember...

Comment

Hm I will join but I won't be active much
      Chosen- I though it was because she had other commitments?
      And I been thinking about that, how exactly would they do it after Chosen? Would Xander be angry that Buffy didn't ask for Anya? And why wouldn't Buffy ask for Spike?

Well however it would be made, I know Joss would have able top pull it off anyway. Btw today Amber's birthday so Happy birthday!

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
      Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

Originally posted by Willow's Tara View Post
        Hm I will join but I won't be active much
        Chosen- I though it was because she had other commitments?
        And I been thinking about that, how exactly would they do it after Chosen? Would Xander be angry that Buffy didn't ask for Anya? And why wouldn't Buffy ask for Spike?
        Yeah sorry I forgot about that. She did have other commitments as well. And you raise a good point, I'm sure Buffy and Xander would be a bit jealous that she got her one true love back in all, but then again, we don't know how what Joss had planned with it so it's hard to say really.

Comment

Awesome couple, always loved them, was sad to see Tara go. Very good vid. Very much of the tear worthy variety, if that made any sense lol.

Joss
          Fire bad tree pretty

Comment

Just wanted to say that I loved this video.....great job with it!!

Comment

Tara and Willow are perfect for eachother,
              the videos great
              Kennedy totally ruined Buffy.
              i wish Tara never left.
              love isnt brains, children, its blood.

Comment

Oh, yayay, best characters

You're right, Kennedy totally did ruin it.

Since this thread has been down for a while (and since I'm a newbie and have no shame in reviving threads) what's everyone's favourite Willow/Tara moment? I don't know why, but I've always just completely loved "it's extra flamey!"
                - If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace... but we would be hollow... Empty rooms shuttered and dank. -
                - Without passion, we would be be truly dead -

Comment

I have always felt that as a character Tara got totally screwed. Tara got her brain sucked by Glory,Willow messed with her memory so her and Will took a break,and Then Tara finally comes back into the picture and BOOM she gets shot.

I would have liked to see more Tara. But we can't always get what we want. Joss's philosophy is to give the audience what they need, Not what they want. Phooey! lol.

My favorite moment is when the scoobies stand up for Tara and call her family in the episode "Family". It was such a touching scene in an amazing episode. We finally find out why Tara put her part of the demon locating potion under her bed in season 4.
                  Spike: "Aww, Poor watcher, Did your life flash before your eyes? Cup of tea, Cup of tea, Almost got shagged, Cup of tea"

Comment

^ Yes that was a very nice moment. It's probably one of my favourite scenes in season five. I love how Buffy looks as if she's handing Tara to her dad on a platter and then turns around and tells him he has to go through her. The more I think about it, the more the dad's an idiot.. he says he won't be afraid of "two little girls." Umm.. did he just miss Buffy snapping a demons neck with her heel? I'd be terrified

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Willow/Tara are just great for each other. Their relationship is so sweet.
                      They first fall in love for their love for magic, they support each other. Willow helped Tara to be more confident and Tara helped Willow become more confident as well as more powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by buffymad93 View Post
                        Kennedy totally ruined Buffy.
                        Kennedy "ruined" Buffy?

Oh. My. Frickin'. God. I thought Kennedy was one of the best parts of "The Spike Show"...
                        "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange..." - Willow Rosenberg, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan Hawthorn View Post
                          Kennedy "ruined" Buffy?

Oh. My. Frickin'. God. I thought Kennedy was one of the best parts of "The Spike Show"...
                          Oooh, there's bitter. It wasn't that by any means imo.

I can take or leave Kennedy. I thought that in the writers haste to give Willow a 'reward' that they threw a character into the mix who wasn't as well introduced or as well rounded Willows past partners. Of course I imagine that a lot of that was to do withe the fact that they didn't have long to tie this all up before the seasons end.
                          Last edited by sueworld; 16-07-09, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I think that the big part(s) that Tara played in S4 "Restless" were fascinating to watch.
                            Originally posted by sueworld View Post
                            I can take or leave Kennedy. I thought that in the writers haste to give Willow a 'reward' that they threw a character into the mix who wasn't as well introduced or as well rounded Willows past partners. Of course I imagine that a lot of that was to do withe the fact that they didn't have long to tie this all up before the seasons end.
                            I agree with that entirely.

I don't hate Kennedy. I think that she was the most distinctive potential and an interesting character. There were so many characters flooding into the latter part of Season 7 that there wasn't time to develop them all. Among the potentials, I think Kennedy got the most exposition.

But I was still put off with how she got what she wanted with Willow so quickly. At least the first time I watched the season. Later, looking back over the season as a whole, I realized there just wasn't time to develop their story in a way that felt right (like over more than just one episode).

Comment

Disclaimer up front: I was a big fan of Willow and Tara; they were easily my favorite couple in the entire series. However, as I've pointed out before, there was almost exactly the same amount of time between Willow and Kennedy's first meeting and their finally consummating their relationship in "Touched" as there was with Willow and Tara. There wasn't the same focus on W/K, though, and some of the scenes in the shooting scripts which would have helped either got trimmed or wound up on the cutting-room floor altogether. But even at that, Kennedy did fare a little better than the other Potentials, who barely got touched on except for a couple of episodes. We found out next to nothing about any of them, and a good part of the scenes which were supposedly about them ended up focusing on (ahem!) "other characters", even when that "other character" wasn't on-screen.
                              "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange..." - Willow Rosenberg, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Comment

We found out next to nothing about any of them, and a good part of the scenes which were supposedly about them ended up focusing on (ahem!) "other characters", even when that "other character" wasn't on-screen.

I think it's more a problem that there were far to many important issues to cover in this season compared to past ones. This was the final season after all, and they had many important arcs to cover in an incredibly short amount of time. I believe that they also shot themselves in the foot somewhat by introducing so many Potentials, when they had so much to cover, and must have known that they couldn't do all of them justice in the story.
                                Last edited by sueworld; 16-07-09, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Depends on what importance you attach to consummation in a relationship. In my book, a "relationship" starts well before that. Willow met Tara for the first time in S4 "Hush" and knew she was interested in her (in some way or another). I think it was quite a while after that before I think they had their first kiss (and I'm assuming that the first kiss was not the one we saw in S5, but happened offscreen earlier).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher1006 View Post
                                    Depends on what importance you attach to consummation in a relationship. In my book, a "relationship" starts well before that. Willow met Tara for the first time in S4 "Hush" and knew she was interested in her (in some way or another). I think it was quite a while after that before I think they had their first kiss (and I'm assuming that the first kiss was not the one we saw in S5, but happened offscreen earlier).
                                    I agree. In my eyes at least the whole W/T relationship seemed to have a much slower build and seemed to take longer then the more rushed K/W affair.

Comment

Depends on what importance you attach to consummation in a relationship.
                                      Well, that's a pretty important step for most people, don't you think?

In my book, a "relationship" starts well before that. Willow met Tara for the first time in S4 "Hush" and knew she was interested in her (in some way or another). I think it was quite a while after that before I think they had their first kiss (and I'm assuming that the first kiss was not the one we saw in S5, but happened offscreen earlier).
                                      Well, we know that Willow stayed over with Tara in "The 'I' in Team". That's two episodes following "Hush". They're already obviously a couple by "This Year's Girl" (two episodes later), although in "Where The Wild Things Are" (three episodes after that), Willow's response to Tara's strange (and haunting-induced) reaction when Willow puts her hand on Tara's leg hints that they haven't "gone all the way" yet. But if not, then they certainly did at the end of "New Moon Rising" - the next episode following, and nine episodes after their first meeting in "Hush". That's about six months.

With Kennedy, they met in "Bring On The Night", and had their first kiss three episodes later (and in this case, we know it was their first kiss). By the next episode, they're quietly holding hands and "making out" (Anya's words, all we see is that they're being a little cuddly), and a couple of episodes after that, they're openly kissing on the couch. They're definitely a couple by this time, but they still don't "go all the way" until "Touched", which is ten episodes after their first meeting, or - again - about six months later. The timeline isn't exact, because some episodes in Season Seven are only a day or two apart, but it's pretty close.

If Willow/Kennedy moved faster than Willow/Tara, it's not by much, and that could be easily put down to Willow not having to go through the whole "Oh my gosh, why am I having these feelings? Am I gay?" thing this time around. She's already come to terms with that. Either way, it's obvious she's not the type to just jump straight into bed with someone.

Comment

Originally posted by sueworld View Post
                                        I agree. In my eyes at least the whole W/T relationship seemed to have a much slower build and seemed to take longer then the more rushed K/W affair.
                                        It's odd how people have that perception, yet it's the complete opposite of the truth.

4.10 Willow meets Tara
                                        4.12 Willow apparently spends the night with Tara, plucking the petals off her rose. (Buffy: "Hey. I didn't hear you come in last night. Where were you?")
                                        4.13 Willow definitely spends the night with Tara because Buffy finds her bed unslept in the next morning.
                                        4.14 The Magic=Sex metaphor is getting really, really strained by now: (Tara: "I've been, uh, thinking about that last spell we did... all day.")
                                        4.16 The most blatant "Willow and Tara have sex, um, I mean, cast a spell together" scene yet. Complete with Willow having an orgasm on screen.
                                        4.19 Willow finally comes out to Buffy and chooses Tara over Oz.

7.10 Willow meets Kennedy
                                        7.13 Willow and Kennedy go on a date, and kiss.
                                        7.14 Buffy teases Willow about her "new girlfriend" that she holds hands with under the dinner table.
                                        7.16 Andrew films Willow and Kennedy making out on the sofa.
                                        7.20 Willow and Kennedy have sex for the first time. (Kennedy: "Foreplay was threatening to turn into twelve-play.")

Willow and Tara were spending the night together when Willow and Kennedy were still only at the hand-holding stage; and yet because Tara came across as shy and demure while Kennedy is assertive, everyone seems to think the second relationship was the more rushed...

Comment

Working...
                                        X