Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for your favorite Joss Work

So,what's YOUR fave?

I chose Firefly, naturally. Just watched it again recently and no show gives me the warm fuzzies like that one. Such great characters and relationships, so quotable and funny...looks pretty too.
    Second would be Angel. Wesley, Lilah, and Angel are some of my favorite characters ever on a TV show (is it obvious that's very important to me?). It had its ups-and-downs over the years but I prefer the darker (yes, I went there!) and less goofy tone to Buffy.
    Buffy would be third, although I consider season 2 to be some of the best television of all time; then Serenity which wasn't quite up to par with the series but good nonetheless! I haven't seen Dr. Horrible in its entirety so I can't judge that yet.
    I could take or leave the rest of the movies.
    Last edited by ShinyFirefly; 18-09-08, 04:58 AM.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Buffy. Liked Firefly and Serenity okay, never could generate much interest in Ats (less "goofy" than Buffy? We clearly differ on our definition of "goofy"...)
    "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange..." - Willow Rosenberg, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan Hawthorn View Post
      (less "goofy" than Buffy? We clearly differ on our definition of "goofy"...)
      I dunno, maybe we do. I find that I tired just a bit of the constant jokes in Buffy, sometimes at weird times (Ex: Dead Man's Party when Joyce's friend is zombie-fied and Buffy has to kill her, the "Made you look" bit seemed inappropriate). That's just me though.
      No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Comment

My vote went to Ats, the series became better than BtVS around season 2 and it came very close to the heights of Buffy but never near the lows. And my three favourite characters are Angel, Wes and Cordy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShinyFirefly View Post
          I dunno, maybe we do. I find that I tired just a bit of the constant jokes in Buffy, sometimes at weird times (Ex: Dead Man's Party when Joyce's friend is zombie-fied and Buffy has to kill her, the "Made you look" bit seemed inappropriate). That's just me though.
          I think when Buffy said that she was more talking to the Zombie demon than Joyce's friend, but then again Buffy wasn't fond of Joyce's friend anyway.

Anyway, my vote went to Angel because I like the darker side to it and I think there's a nice mixture of apocalyptic evil and just evil at different times in the show.
          sigpic

Comment

Absolutely Angel. One of my all time favourite shows.
            My favourite characters are Angel and Cordy.

Comment

I voted Buffy. Buffy is my number one show, the show that changed the way I view tv. Second is Angel, with S1 being just awesome with Angel, Cordy and Wesley. I also loved the introduction of Fred, Lilah, Gunn, Lorne, Lindsey and some crossover with Buffy, mainly Faith.

Comment

Toy Story hands down. Toy Story is one of my all time favorite movies. Buffy and Angel come in a very close (shared) second.

Comment

Toy Story does rock

But I'm going to go with Btvs. I like it better than Ats. Ats ended up going out stronger but I think it never reached the heights that Buffy did and it had some lows that Buffy never had. Ats had some really, really average episodes and I think Buffy was generally "tighter" in many of its seasons in comparison to Ats. But I think a large part of it stems from the fact that I enjoy the set up of Btvs seasons.. big bad, lead up to a climatic battle, kill the big bad.. I just enjoy the formula, Ats seems more over to the place to me, but to be fair it may just be for that reason.

I just think sometimes Ats failed to deliver. Take the Darla storyline of season two for example. It was brilliant, the episodes focusing on Darla, Dru and Angelus were fantastic but then Dru just leaves with no real explanation after they set up the whole "Me and Dru we're going to be big players in this town" and then Darla leads half way through the season and we end on.. the Pylean arc? It just ruins the season for me. I just feel that the show rarely ever gives people a proper send off.. People like Dru and Kate kinda just vanish. Luckily they did fantastic with Cordy even if her arc by the end was terrible!

So yeah, I love Ats I really do, but Btvs is my favourite.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Working...
                  X