Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Nice SMG Interview

Hey

It's obviously a bit old now, it's actually before the Paley Reunion and seems to be just recently after the Writer's Strike but it was linked on Whedonesque and it's a really nice interview with Sarah. She talks about the effect the Writer's Strike had on the business, briefly about her excitement for Paley, new projects coming her way and more importantly, from the woman's mouth on her feelings about being 'type-casted.' She handles the question brilliantly and it's nice to hear it from her own mouth about her opinions on that and Buffy in general;

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ZovhwtmxaQo

Vampmogs

~ Banner by Nina ~

Thanks for posting this
    It's always great to watch an SMG interview; she's so intelligent and eloquent. The way she presents herself is very ladylike, and just demonstrates how, as a woman, she's leagues above many actresses her age.
    She handles herself very well, and just exudes strength and confidence in what she has to say.
    x
    "Blue in the face with a choking regret."

Comment

Hey just finished watching this and I gotta say I loved watching the Interview. I also think it really helps show people that SMG is not this bitch that she is made out to be, or that she now hates being thought of as Buffy and wants nothing more to ever do with the show. I am just gonna squee at some of my favourite quotes from what she has said in the interview.

"I'm just I am so proud of the show" - I was just so happy to hear her say this. After reading so many threads whether here on BF or on other forums about how she wished to distance herself from the show entirely. I even as a SMG fan found it very hard to know what to believe seeing as I don't know the woman myself. So it was pretty nice to hear from the horse's mouth so to speak her actual feelings about her time on the show and how she feels towards the show right now.

"Afraid of being known as an incredible three dimensional wonderful character on an iconic show" I just loved the way that SMG handled this question. She didn't start to badmouth Buffy, or act like this incredibly arrogant bitch as many people would have expected her to. Really I think Sarah handled this question the best way possible and really I gotta agree with her. If you have to be associated with a role why not one so incredible?

Really all I can say from watching this interview is that SMG is a true lady. The way she answered those questions with such eloquance and just the way she handles herself. I look forward to seeing more of her projects.
      Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Comment

She is very eloquent in her interviews, all class I gotta say. I found it striking how she didn't even really have to sit there and think of her responses, she was just on her game and on the ball, there was no humming or haring she just did it with such grace and ease.

Though I must say, did anyone else get the impression she's read some of the things posted about her? There was an element of (justified) snarkiness in her "Afraid of being known as an incredible three dimensional wonderful character on an iconic show" remark. And when the interviewer began reading out the question I thought I could see it in her face, she knew where this was going. I may have just got the wrong impression but it's definitely the vibe I got, and I felt quite sorry for her really. It must be hard to read some of the things posted about her, and quite nerve-wracking seeing as how Paley was coming up from the time.

I dunno, maybe it was just me, but just in her expression and in her response I felt as if she could see where the question was heading a mile away and must be tired of it really.

She handled herself superbly though, it was such a nice interview which is why I felt I should post it. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I agree with all of the comments. Really, SMG just exhibits confidence and she is very eloquent, she handles herself very well in interviews. Plus, she seems very polite, humble and all in all, a great person and a great lady.

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
            Though I must say, did anyone else get the impression she's read some of the things posted about her?
            Either she has, or she employs a really good PR agent to brief her before interviews. (Or both).

I remember she was in another interview one time, and the journalist mentioned that she'd been voted first choice in a reader's poll of favourite actresses in some magazine or other a year or two back, but he couldn't remember which one. Sarah immediately, and without prompting, said "Do you mean <this one> or <this one>?" Not in a particularly vain way, just incredibly professional.

(And on a related tangent, Felicia Day - who played Vi the Potential - mentioned once in her blog that she'd spent the day Googling her own name - "Not out of vanity, but because it's part of my job".)(So if you're reading this, Felicia - hi!)

Comment

I saw this interview yesterday but it's always nice to see it again. Although did anyone find it odd to see SMG in front of the camera and then the interviewer was like on a phone?

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
              Though I must say, did anyone else get the impression she's read some of the things posted about her? There was an element of (justified) snarkiness in her "Afraid of being known as an incredible three dimensional wonderful character on an iconic show" remark. And when the interviewer began reading out the question I thought I could see it in her face, she knew where this was going. I may have just got the wrong impression but it's definitely the vibe I got, and I felt quite sorry for her really. It must be hard to read some of the things posted about her, and quite nerve-wracking seeing as how Paley was coming up from the time.

I dunno, maybe it was just me, but just in her expression and in her response I felt as if she could see where the question was heading a mile away and must be tired of it really.
              I don't think it was because she reads stuff about her or that her PR person told her this info. I mean she's been asked this same typecast question since Buffy had ended and even before Buffy had ended. I think she's just been asked it so many times now that she's now figured out a short and sweet way to just keep the interviewer from pressing the issue. It basically tells him everything he needed to know/hear.

She had the expression of, again, really? Haven't I answered this question enough?
              T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

I thought the interviewer seemed a bit amateur personally. I don't think he himself could handle Sarah, or ask her the right questions. Hence the reason why Sarah was steering most of the interview herself; a mark of a good interviewee.
                She (or her PR) must have identified the subjects she needed to approach in the interview, and realised she needed to relay some sort of message to the fans. She isn't promoting any film here, she's re-establishing the groundwork of her public persona in order to show fans she's likeable, and casting directors that she's cast-able.
                She definitely seemed more thoughtful in this interview than others i've seen, where she's realised she can kick back and show the fun side in order to draw people in. Mentioning the Writer's Strike in the way she did showed she was caring and intelligent enough to understand the situation; the heart and the brains. Demonstrating a very smart lady at work.
                I think if she didn't know what people had been saying about her, she'd have to be really stupid. And she seems smart enough to know when she needs to say certain things.

x
                Fehmina
                Hellmouth Tourist
                Last edited by Fehmina; 14-07-08, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I always like to see her in interviews, she really is very polite and eloquent. I?m pretty sure that I saw most of her movies, already but I?m gonna watch them again.

btw, do you have any favorite movie of hers?

Comment

I saw Simply Irresistible the other week and I was surprisingly impressed.
                    She did well in that movie.
                    But i loved her in Cruel Intentions! Nobody else could have done it any better.
                    I'm yet to see alot of her new ones, since they haven't been released in the UK, or to my knowledge they haven't anyway.

x

Comment

That interview just goes to show how incredile of a person Sarah has been to all her fans and everyone in general. She is down to earth and always has been. Seeing interviews like that just makes me realize how much I really do miss Buffy...

Comment

Originally posted by Fehmina View Post
                        I saw Simply Irresistible the other week and I was surprisingly impressed.
                        She did well in that movie.
                        But i loved her in Cruel Intentions! Nobody else could have done it any better.
                        I'm yet to see alot of her new ones, since they haven't been released in the UK, or to my knowledge they haven't anyway.

x
                        I just watched her in "Suburban Girl" and "The Air I Breathe". Two very different films and kinda on the "Indie" side - but she was great in both of them. I thought she did a very nice job.
                        -TP<3
                        "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                        - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoet's<3 View Post
                          I just watched her in "Suburban Girl" and "The Air I Breathe". Two very different films and kinda on the "Indie" side - but she was great in both of them. I thought she did a very nice job.
                          They both seems like really interesting films. Especially The Air I Breathe... I can't wait to see that.

x

Comment

I'm really that this was posted. I think this forum (and most Buffy forums) really make Sarah look like a bitch, but this proves that she does care for the series and really enjoyed her time on it. I love SMG, and I love all her movies she is really one of the worlds most under rated actors and its ashame she doesn't get more attention.

She is also very right, alot of people were on the writers side (alot of actors were too) but people forget that EVERYONE lost their jobs, and that yeah it sucked for the writers, but alot of people had a crappy holiday (in vancouver it was really clear, alot of people working on Smallville, Supernatural and other series and movies filmed here lost their jobs...) It sucks and I'm glad SMG noticed that, cause I was sick of hearing about the poor writers v.v... They screwed alot of people and I bet there is ALOT of tension on sets right now.

Comment

Working...
                            X