Buffy actor revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy actor revisited

I was rewatching the 1981 tv series of Brideshead Revisited the other day and I was incredibly surprised to spot Ethan Rayne in it! Well, Robin Sachs. But it all seemed to fit perfectly.

He only had one line, but it's a pretty famous one from the book. It's shortly after Sebastian is sick through Charles's window:

"I trust that you will forgive my friend. The wines were too various. It was neither the quality nor the quantity that was at fault - it was the mixture. Grasp that and you have the very root of the matter. To understand all is to forgive all."

He's described on IMDB as "Old Etonian at window" - Robin Sachs is, I mean. I can certainly imagine that Ethan went to Eton (and not just because it sounds good).

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Oh I simply adore Robin Sachs! I loved him as dear old Ethan Rayne. What a superb character he was. Have you ever seen him and ASH together at any cons? They are a scream. Robin has the ability to make Head laugh till he just can't stop.

Comment

Originally posted by sueworld View Post
      Oh I simply adore Robin Sachs! I loved him as dear old Ethan Rayne. What a superb character he was. Have you ever seen him and ASH together at any cons? They are a scream. Robin has the ability to make Head laugh till he just can't stop.
      You could so tell they had that chemestry on screen, which always makes me wonder why we never saw Rayne after season 4. I think we coulda fit him in during season 7! We really needed more fleshed out Giles and more on his Ripper past, I would have loved to see a flashback episode.

Though I bet they would have found away to get spike in there . . .

Comment

We really needed more fleshed out Giles and more on his Ripper past, I would have loved to see a flashback episode.
        Go yes! Those characters must have had such a rich past, that there would have been bags of room to have stories exploring it. Two young mystics together. Wonderful stuff.

Pity Joss didn't turn out to be so invested in the character when it comes to season 8....

Comment

Originally posted by sueworld View Post
          Go yes! Those characters must have had such a rich past, that there would have been bags of room to have stories exploring it. Two young mystics together. Wonderful stuff.

Pity Joss didn't turn out to be so invested in the character when it comes to season 8....
          The way you describe it feels very Supernatural, two young guys hitting the road demon hunting

I would LOVE to see a 4-issue flashback "episode" in season 8 of the two. Explore Giles ALOT more. For all we know he has an ex-wife and a kid somewhere!!!

Comment

Stop it you guys, you're making me cry that there's no Ripper series yet. Damn it would be good. But also in season 8....they CAN Still have flashbacks at least! And there's no issue with the actors being too old.

Sue, I'd love to see Robin Sachs and ASH on stage, I bet they are hilarious indeed.

Re the Brideshead thing, does anyone know where I might get a screen cap of it? I've been trying to find one, but his part is so small I can't find any pics!

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Working...
            X