Which theme tune is better? Angel or Buffy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which theme tune is better? Angel or Buffy

Continuing from the BuffyWorld forums...

I have thought about this for a while, and I think the Buffy theme is better. The Angel theme is certainly more dynamic, musically, but the Buffy theme suits the show so well and is actually recognizable even by people that don't watch the show.
    Buffy
    47.92%
    Angel
    52.08%
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

As a fan who first got into the buffyverse through BTVS i'm gonna go for that particulat theme.

It gets the hairs on the back of the neck rising in a way that the ATS theme doesn't.
    JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
    Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

i like the Buffy theme song more, there's this certain drive in it that get's me going.

Comment

I like them both but I have a little preference for the Angel theme I think that it really portray Angel's melancholy and brooding moments precisely hehe !
        "Trust the Tale, not the Teller"
        Tumblr // Smugmug // Twitter

Comment

I can't say I prefer one over the other. To me it's like comparing oranges and apples.... they are two very different theme tunes for two (however much affiliated) different shows.
          I think the Buffy one is more dynamic, it's more recognisable and it certainly makes me happy whenever I hear it (cos it usually means there's an episode coming ). I think it suits the show so perfectly.
          I feel exactly the same about the Angel theme. It's dynamic in its own way, it has a certain melancholy about it which I think suits the show's feel so perfectly.
          I can't pick one over the other. Not even without thinking about how they fit their respective shows.

Having said that, I still voted for the Buffy one cos I had to vote for something and I so think it's a bit more catchy.
          >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

I dislike the Buffy theme, never really liked it. On the other hand, I fell in love with Angel's theme the first time I heard it (way before watching the show), and I still love it. It has such an elegant and moody/melanconic feel to it, which fits the show very well!

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
            Icon by xiperita

Comment

Originally posted by LineBine View Post
              I can't say I prefer one over the other. To me it's like comparing oranges and apples.... they are two very different theme tunes for two (however much affiliated) different shows.
              I think the Buffy one is more dynamic, it's more recognisable and it certainly makes me happy whenever I hear it (cos it usually means there's an episode coming ). I think it suits the show so perfectly.
              I feel exactly the same about the Angel theme. It's dynamic in its own way, it has a certain melancholy about it which I think suits the show's feel so perfectly.
              I can't pick one over the other. Not even without thinking about how they fit their respective shows.

Having said that, I still voted for the Buffy one cos I had to vote for something and I so think it's a bit more catchy.
              it makes me happy too
              BTW, i love your banner of Natasha

Comment

Yeah, what Tangent said!!! Like Angel's, but the Buffy one, just kinda does it for me!!!

Comment

I prefer the Angel theme. It just feels so right for the show and the opening video. I do also like the Buffy theme but it is just more of a 'normal' theme tune and could work for loads of shows. Also I do simply enjoy the sound of the Angel theme more.
                  sigpic
                  A Boy Named Jayne

Banner and avie by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by spidol View Post
                    I prefer the Angel theme. It just feels so right for the show and the opening video. I do also like the Buffy theme but it is just more of a 'normal' theme tune and could work for loads of shows. Also I do simply enjoy the sound of the Angel theme more.
                    Same here--I liked the Buffy theme a lot, and still do (it's more likely to make me get up and dance, lol), but I like the Angel one better--so much more beautiful and haunting, and more representative of the show IMO. I do think the BTVS one could have been on a number of shows, and it always seemed rather strange for Buffy....though I think that was partly the point. But yeah, I definitely think that I would grow tired of the Buffy one before the Angel one.....I really remembering going "whoa" more upon hearing the Angel theme for the first time that the Buffy one. The Buffy theme was funny and entertaining, while the Angel theme was jsu tstunning musically (to me at least).
                    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

When I first started watching Angel, after seeing Buffy first, I didn't like the Angel theme at all. However, after about a season of it, it really fit the show and I grew to like it. I had two other people say the same thing after watching Buffy. I can't choose between the two because I think they both fit their shows so well.

I do find the heightening of production in the Buffy theme as the seasons went by to be great though. If you watch the later seasons and then go back to watch the first season, you can tell when they got more money.

::Shadow of Reflection::
                      NOW CAPPING YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS AND MOVIES!!! See them HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
                        I do think the BTVS one could have been on a number of shows, and it always seemed rather strange for Buffy....though I think that was partly the point.
                        Joss has stated the Buffy theme is very specifically done for Btvs. He states that the purpose of the theme was to have the horror sounds at the start (the wolf howling and the organ) and then to quickly jump into some rock and roll and upbeat sounds. This was his way of representing what the show was partly about, which was turning conventions and genres on their heads and making things different- like the blonde girl fighting back in the alley.

Originally Posted by Lady Manson
                        I do find the heightening of production in the Buffy theme as the seasons went by to be great though. If you watch the later seasons and then go back to watch the first season, you can tell when they got more money.
                        From season three onwards the show used a remixed version of Nerf Herder's Buffy theme. It is very noticable, other changes include how 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' is written in the titles. From season three onwards they use the Buffy 'logo' if you will, rather than just having it written in some random text.

I agree with those who believe the Btvs theme is far more identifiable with those who haven't even watched Buffy than the Ats theme is to Angel. I much prefer the Btvs theme than the Ats score, I actually found the Ats score to sound kinda lame.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Huh, I just broke the tie. I voted for Angel's theme. Let me explain why.

It's prettier. But seriously, I think it is better musically. The Buffy theme is very identifiable and I get a little giddy every time I hear it (lame, I know). But the Angel theme is more musical. It flows and brings a feeling to the show that really fits.

But the far more superior theme song is for Firefly, because you can sing along to it. I for one feel stupid going "duun, dun dun dun. duun, dun dun dun." along with the Buffy theme

Comment

I love both theme tunes and I've always thought they suit the shows but Buffy beats Angel's theme tune slightly, it's more upbeat which I love.
                            sigpic

Comment

As people have said, the Buffy theme is recognisable to pretty much anyone who owns a TV. And if you go a while without watching Buffy, then it just sends giant, icy, powerful (and a li'l bit kinky) shivers down your spine, and whats not lovable about that.

However, as a song, the Angel theme is just so much more powerful. It just makes you want to melt. It's sort of like Gnarls Barkleys 'Crazy' and Bonnie Tylers 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'. Both are powerful songs, but Bonnie Tylers is a proper balled of music that inspires all sorts of feelings.
                              Slayer
                              (My brand new Buffy RPG site)

Comment

I prefer the BUffy theme tune. More people recognize it, and I don't watch Angel, but I have heard the theme music and I didn't like it. The Buffy tune is more upbeat, and makes anybody happy. (The 5 year old I babysit for dances to the music...and he doesn't even watch it!)

So, Buffy all the way!

sigpic
                                ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post
                                  I prefer the BUffy theme tune. More people recognize it, and I don't watch Angel, but I have heard the theme music and I didn't like it. The Buffy tune is more upbeat, and makes anybody happy. (The 5 year old I babysit for dances to the music...and he doesn't even watch it!)

So, Buffy all the way!
                                  I know this is off topic, but 5 year olds dance to anything. They'd dance to the funeral music if you played it fast enough. It's quite annoying really. Tis why I dislike children. lol.
                                  Slayer
                                  (My brand new Buffy RPG site)

Comment

I love Angel's theme song its so much better than Buffy's. I love Buffy's theme song but it just gets annoying after awhile and Angel's seems so soothing. So I think That Angel has the best theme song and it gives me shivers because its so spooking sounding.
                                    East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Comment

oooh, Angel's is so much better. The violin (or is it cello) music in that is so haunting and sexy. I'll actually listen to it over and over again at times.

Buffy's is cool, but, you know, it's just another theme song.
                                      sigpic

Comment

Overall I totally agree that Angel's theme song is just much better. The violin, the mood, everything about it sets the tone for the episode and makes me so much more excited to watch the show.

Now I love the Buffy theme song, it's just the Angel theme song is better. Buffy's is much more lively and party rocking' if you get what I mean. Angel is a lot more deeper and soothing.
                                        sigpic

-Sig by BlasterBoy-

Comment

Working...
                                        X