Buffyverse Grammy Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffyverse Grammy Awards

Not counting the Musical, I thought it would be fun to discuss the best vocal music performances by the various characters on both shows
    "The Greatest Love of All", Cordelia Chase
    2.67%
    "Madame Butterfly", Willow Rosenberg
    1.33%
    "Behind Blue Eyes", Rupert Giles
    34.67%
    "Mandy", Angel
    10.67%
    "Ill Wind", Darla
    14.67%
    "The Way We Were", Harmony Kendall
    1.33%
    "L.A. Song", Lindsey McDonald
    25.33%
    Other
    9.33%
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Was there singing in Angel?

I'm still new ..

:newbie:
    sigpic

-Sig by BlasterBoy-

Comment

Oh, wow... there's more singing in Angel than in Buffy, probably even if you include the musical
      sigpic
      Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgia View Post
        Was there singing in Angel?

I'm still new ..

:newbie:
        A karaoke bar was one of the sets in Seasons 2-3, owned by Lorne, one of the main characters, who could read people's destiny when they sang.

I think Andy Hallet (Lorne) had a great voice. His voice sounds similer to James Blunt's.
        Last edited by Thomas; 21-11-07, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Giles for me. Was it in Where the Wild Things Are he sang that song? What a great moment - and a great voice as well. He's the only one I voted for because I think he's pretty superior to the rest of the lot. Some of the rest were funny though.
          No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Comment

I think Julie Benz just soared through "Ill Wind". I can watch that episode just for that scene ("The Trial").
            sigpic
            Banner by LRae12

Comment

I think Christian Kane's "L.A. Song" is a great song and he belts it outs so well.

I also like Lorne's performance of "Superstitious."

I was surprised not to see Fred's "Crazy" up there.

Giles was also always good with a tune. I liked when Oz wwas going trhough his albums. /random thought
              sigpic
              follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Actually, Jenni, if in your powers you can edit a poll, "Crazy" should be up there, as well as either "I Will Survive" or "Lady Marmalade" from Lorne.
                sigpic
                Banner by LRae12

Comment

No, I can't edit polls in the Gen Discuss forum actually.

But I think the "Other" option should cover what's not listed.
                  sigpic
                  follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Oh, Angel's beautiful, heart-searing rendition of Mandy hand's down--he sure brought down the house on that one!

As far as serious votes, Giles was the best, though Lindsey was pretty good too, even if Angel didn't think so!
                    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

I had to go with Giles' "Behind Blue Eyes". That was the best by far. He just has such an amazing singing voice.
                      Xander: "That means you're winning."
                      Anya: "Really?"
                      Xander: "Yes, cash equals good."
                      Anya: "Oh, I'm so pleased! Can I trade the children in for more cash?"

Comment

I love Angel's Mandy ... it's so awful (the song and the singing). And the fact that 'Mandy' is Angels favourite song still cracks me up. But I didn't vote for it.

I picked, Darla, Giles and Lindsay. I love their voices.

Comment

Why isn't "We Are the Champions" here? Cordy, Wes, Gunn? Ah, jeez. And where are all the Lorne songs? Surely he sang at least one song that was worthwhile (the only song I can actively remember him singing is "Lady Marmalade"... but he had a great note in Happy Anniversary!)

Christian Kane and Antony Head are undoubtedly brilliant singers. But I'm gonna vote Julie Benz's "Ill Wind".

Comment

Did Willow even sing? Didn't just just squeek and leave?

Anyways, I gotta say when ever Cordelia sings I crack up, cause yeah, its too funny. Alot of the Angel cast was great, Darla and Lindesy were the highlights, and I'm glad "LA Song" was added onto the Angel soundtrack (as well as some of Lorne's songs). I also loved Harmony, cause yeah, haha.

Though in the end I'm going with Giles' "Behind Blue Eyes".

Comment

So, I don't think it's the finest vocal performance (I think Lindsey or Giles would probably win that) but Darla's "Ill wind" is so moving that she wins for me. As Lorne said re hearts...she ripped mine out with that.

Though I think Lorne's "I will survive" is the most original performance in context - the fact that I first thought he was going to eat/attack someone when he appeared, then he starts singing the ultimate dumpees song...hilarious!

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

I picked, Darla, Giles and Lindsay. I love their voices.
                                I did the exact same thing!!
                                sigpic

Comment

I voted for Darla I was also going to go with Behind Blue Eyes, but opted instead for the "Other" option. Wes, Cordy, Gunn. "We Are The Champions." Made of win.

EDIT
                                  Originally posted by Kold View Post
                                  Why isn't "We Are the Champions" here? Cordy, Wes, Gunn? Ah, jeez.
                                  Just noticed somebody mentioned it!
                                  would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

I picked Lindsey's "L.A Song" but only because I didn't know we could pick multiple. If I could pick multiple ones, I would choose Giles and Darla too because Darla's song was so heartbreaking while she still had a good voice and Giles voice was stunning and such a shock.

L.A Song won because I think him, Giles, and Tara are going for the best voice in all of Jossverse but also because the song is absolutely amazing and written by David Greenwalt, right? Or was it Fury? Anyways, by one of the writers and Lindsey just sang it SO well

Comment

Ive voted for "Behind blue eyes", I think Giles was pretty good in singing, though I dont like his album 'music for elevators', actually listened only a couple of songs but didnt like 'em.
                                      By the way Angel's "Mandy" was really funny
                                      sigpic

Comment

Oh I picked other because my favorite wasn't there....'Crazy' by Fred! That was the most fitting and best performance of them all!
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X