Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fool For Love - The Sexy Spike Squad

Hello fellow Spike worshippers

Since there is already a Bangel club thread on this forum, I thought I'd start a Spike one here.

I will set up a new member list below. If you would like to become a member of this club and are not on the list, pm me and I will put your name on it.

1. Cori
    2. ThePoet's<3
    3. Dorian's Kitten
    4. Zugma
    5. LRae12
    6. enigma
    7. some spykie ship
    8. selenspuffy

Okay everyone, please get the discussion about our beloved bleach-blond vampire going here on the new forum as well.

Okay - Dorian started for Spuffy - I suppose I will start for Spike!!! *gulp*

So - why DO we love Spike??? Have you always been a fan? Is it because he's always "been bad"? Or is it really the glimpses of William that we see here and there that you like most of all?? Did you like him Souless? Chipped? Ensouled? Or do you like him "fangs and all"?!?

What is your favorite Spike Episode? Who was your favorite Spike Love-interest? Drusilla? Harmony? Buffy?

I loved Spike the first episode he was on Buffy! I was starting to get a liitle "ho-hum" about Buffy and Spike came along! I've always had a "thing" for Bad Boys. They are usually more complex than the Good Guy. The whole reason they "fall" to the darker side of their character is usually what attracts me most. I can relate to someone who can be seduced by the world but who also can overcome!

When we are introduced to William - I just LOVED him!! My heart went out to him!! How many times have we been in love only to have it thrown in our faces! (And you can always tell the type of man a man is by the way he treats his Mother!!! )

I LOVE it when Spike gives the Scoobies a hard time!! And I LOVE it when the Scoobies give him one back!

I love that he loves LOVE! Being a poet is a perfect past time for him. I wish they had explored more of that when he was a Vampire.

I must admit that I am probably more of a Spike Lover than a Spuffy Lover. But because Spike loves Buffy, then I love Spuffy.

But I thought the Sparmony relationship had a lot of sexy moments! There seemed to be some on-camara chemistry between Mercedes and James! I just wish Harmony hadn't been SO ditzy! Loved the scene when he "panther crawls" up to her and tells her to "bite your tongue" and she responds "Bite it for me"!

My favorite Spike episode is Fool for Love. I can watch that episode over and over. There are so many great lines! And it is the first time we really get to see Willaim/Spike. AND it's the first time we see Spike physically showing Buffy some kindness - when he goes to blow her away but ends up comforting her in the end.

Spike is fun! He's cool! He's SEXY and he can be so sweet! There's not a moment in Buffy or Angel history that I just haven't loved him!

And we can share our James Marsters love here also! I think he is such a great actor/singer! I've enjoyed his performances in everything!!
    Last edited by ThePoet's<3; 05-06-07, 04:27 AM.
    -TP<3
    "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
    - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Oh the wonder that is Spike, Why do I love thee, shall I count the ways?

I shall endeavor to point out actual character traits that attract me to Spike and not wallow in the prettiness and head tilting. (Although they are lovely bits to wallow about.)

I love all things Spike. I liked big bad Spike with his his crazy goth lover. I loved trying to be good and not sure how Spike. I adore ensouled self-sacrificing and Angel teasing Spike.

I think that the very best Spike trait is his perseverance and determination to enjoy life whatever the circumstances. Spike evolves with the times, goes with the flow, and seems to have so much fun doing it.
      "All I ask is that... that you try to see me."

Comment

I think that the very best Spike trait is his perseverance and determination to enjoy life whatever the circumstances. Spike evolves with the times, goes with the flow, and seems to have so much fun doing it.
        Oh I LOVE that Kitten! That describes Spike perfectly! He does seem to enjoy life no matter what! And yes - some of that means he enjoys being a Vampire! But over the seasons of Buffy as the circumstances in his life changed - he either adapted or he met the challenge by being all he could be!

When he became chipped - he realized he could still beat Demons and help Buffy fight against evil. And as we read in that great critique, when he realized he could attack Buffy - he went beyond to prove that he had changed there as well. Even rising to the challenge of the Demon Trials to win his soul back for love.

He is a "Vampire for all times"!
        -TP<3
        "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Does anyone think that James is great because he accepts that he will pretty much be known for the rest of his life as 'Spike'?
          I heard that he loves it, and he is fine with it.

As some other actresses/actors like Sarah Michelle said to a fan once who was calling out 'Buffy, Buffy!', 'My name's not Buffy, it's Sarah'.

I think it's great that James accepts that.
          - Buffy/Spike - Rory/Jess - Blair/Chuck - Bones/Booth - Izzy/George - Veronica/Logan - Kate/Jack -

Comment

Maybe I'm old school, but at first meeting, they'd be "Mr. Marsters" or "Ms. Gellar".
            sigpic
            Banner by LRae12

Comment

No dude - you are being polite and respectful - nothing old school about that!

But yes, I imagine it would be hard to be known for one character you portrayed for the rest of your life. Actually, bittersweet would be an apt description. Happy that you crafted a character to the point that the lines obscure between reality and art and frustrating because others cannot see beyond that persona and find other characters within you as well.

I watched an interview with the man who played "Pugsly Adams" from the Adam's Family this week. He talked about how that character ruined his life!

And there was a movie out this past year "Hollywoodland" about the man who originally protrayed Superman in the series. It was very hard for him to find work afterwards because people could not see beyond the Superman character. He supposedly committed suicide.

It takes a special type of personality and character trait for someone to accept and be happy about a role that "overshadows" a great deal of their acting career. James seems to have embraced the fact that he created a character so many people loved from one that everyone was supposed to hate.

I am SO hoping to meet him in Atlanta!!
              -TP<3

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

I agree that it must be tough. As an actor you want the opportunity to play many roles and being known for one in particular can make it challenging to get different parts. That being said though, it should be a compliment to have helped shape a character that lives so fully in your audience's imagination.

In 1979 Leonard Nimoy disappointed many fans with the release of a book entitled I am Not Spock, he followed that up with a 1996 book I am Spock. Maybe time helps.

Comment

Many of us seem to picture Spike as a Poet because William was one before he became a Vampire. It seems to be a common feeling among Spike-lovers that he would just continue his poetry once becoming Spike. However, we really only have one time in which he quoted poetry of his own as Spike - and it was his poetry slam in Angel - Not Fade Away.

I have enclosed that clip to get you familiar again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aRf221fSfkA

Do you think Spike would have continued his poetry? Would you like to see that in some future aspect? Why do we see the Poet so clearly having never really seen him much at all?? Who would be the better Poet - William or Spike?
                  -TP<3

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Just wanted to drop this by - so sorry it's short notice! I was OOT and noticed it on the TV Schedule when I got home!!

So set your VCR/DVR's for James Marsters appearing in "Cool Money". It's on USA at Monday, June 18th, at 2am EST. I've heard it's - meh - but James's performance is worth seeing. It was a made for TV movie
                    shortly after Angel ended.

ALSO!!!

There's a rumor that Angel Season 6 is coming!!!! Here's a wonderful link to a conversation with Brian Lynch. He talks about Season 6 being CANON with Joss's Blessings! And he talks about SPIKE!!!

http://fractalmatter.com/main/?p=618
                    -TP<3

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

OMG thanks so much for the update-even a bad movie with JM will be worth watching.

Comment

I'm catching up...

Here's the June Q&A with James Marsters!! Love the question about what songs or album has an ex-GF ruined for him!!

http://www.jamesmarsters.com/qa.html

And the housework question... Hmmm... Reminds me of a certain fanfiction I am currently reading about a Sexy Vampire!! **coughDKcough**
                        -TP<3

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoet's<3 View Post
                          Who would be the better Poet - William or Spike?
                          Well... I think Spike would be better poet than William.

We usually begin writing poetry when we're young, to express our feelings and emotions, our inner self. Teenagers are especially self-absorbed in that way, but some grown-ups are too. That's natural of course, but the thing is that when you are writing about how you feel, you are pretty much the only one who will enjoy your poem In order to become the author whose poetry touches other people, you've got to learn other people's feelings, and basically you need to know life.

Now, I think William's attitude was very teenager-like; he himself said (when Ceclily asked him if it was about her) that his poetry was "about how he feels". He obviously was very naive and self-absorbed. Then, after his turning, he left his mother's house, he traveled a lot, he faught, he loved, he killed, and basically been through a lot. I believe that experience should have affected his poetry and made it maybe not less self-centered, but at least more interesting Also, it seems to me that getting his soul back should have made him further evolve as a poet, since soul is the metaphor of conscience and maturity on the show and those are (IMO) the qualities of true poet.

As for

Why do we see the Poet so clearly having never really seen him much at all??
                          I believe that's because he is so open, never afraid to express his feelings and emotions, to follow his heart. That, and his incurable romanticism

ETA: Almost forgot! Can I be added to the members list, please?
                          Last edited by Zugma; 18-06-07, 08:15 PM.
                          [ ...In my exile. ]
                          LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Comment

Welcome Zugma!!

What a great post about Spike/William and the Poet within!!

You are right about how so often our art is better shaped by the experiences in our lives. William's poetry reflects his current experiences about love - which at that time involves his Mum and Cecily. However, Spike having seen and participated more in life (in death) would be able to reflect more of the passion of death, life, beauty, and pain in his works.

Spike does seem to be more in touch with the way things and people make him feel. I think this would put him in the category of a "Feeler" rather than "Thinker". His statements would probably start out with "I feel..." rather than "I think..." Not to imply he doesn't think or lacks intelligence. Feelers seem to express themselves based on the way something makes them "feel" emotionally. It is a decision rationale based on emotions rather than always facts.
                            Last edited by ThePoet's<3; 19-06-07, 04:38 AM.
                            -TP<3

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, ThePoet's<3

You are right about how so often our art is better shaped by the experiences in our lives. William's poetry reflects his current experiences about love - which at that time involves his Mum and Cecily. However, Spike having seen and participated more in life (in death) would be able to reflect more of the passion of death, life, beauty, and pain in his works.
                              Yes, this is exactly what I meant, only you worded it much better than I did!

Spike does seem to be more in touch with the way things and people make him feel. I think this would put him in the category of a "Feeler" rather than "Thinker".
                              I agree. (Though I would go further with your comparison and say that he is also much more of a "doer" rather than "thinker" )

Also, this makes me think of another thing I love about him: isn't it fascinating how he never tires of being a "feeler", so connected with the world around him? He never grows cold or indifferent despite the pain it causes him sometimes; even when depressed, he is still full of emotions. If I remember correctly, he tried to deny/magically erase his feelings only once (his love to Buffy, in Entropy). I find it significant that to quit loving, he needed supernatural means: it seems that doing so literally meant going against his nature.
                              [ ...In my exile. ]
                              LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Comment

James is soon going to be a guest star in a show that is pretty popular on this forum. From James' newsletter -

He will be appearing as a guest star alongside leading actor John Barrowman in the BBC's adult spin-off of long-running television series Doctor Who.

Torchwood - an anagram of Doctor Who - is a secret task force that deals with alien encounters. John Barrowman plays mysterious multi-sexual time agent Captain Jack Harkness, who leads the Cardiff-based team. Series creator Russell T Davies, winner of the 2006 BAFTA Dennis Potter Award for Outstanding Writing for Television, has also written Casanova, Dr Who and Queer As Folk.

The episode will be broadcast in the UK by the BBC early next year.
                                I've been meaning to watch this show for a long time now. Now I have another reason.
                                Banner and avatar by Nina

Comment

Originally posted by Ameer View Post
                                  James is soon going to be a guest star in a show that is pretty popular on this forum. From James' newsletter -

I've been meaning to watch this show for a long time now. Now I have another reason.
                                  OH WOW!! Thanks Ameer!! I haven't watched Dr. Who yet - I'm not sure my Cable Co. carries it. You have to have sattlelite if you want BBC America

However - that makes a lot of sense as to why James is doing a concert in Cardiff sometime in July!! I wondered what he was going to be doing there!!

Just to add to our "James Marster's viewing Pleasure list"

He will be guest starring in "Saving Grace" a new series starting July 18th on TNT starring Holly Hunter. I'm not sure which episode he will be in but I imagine either first or second one. He's playing a Texas oil man - oh I am dying to see that!!!

Zugma - YES!! It is probably the part of Spike I love the most because I can identify with it the most. I am often lead by the way I feel about something vs. "getting all the facts". There have been many times when people tell me about ideas that I will get a "feeling" and say no - only to be so glad that I didn't say yes later!! My feelings were right!!

Funny thing about Spike getting rid of his feelings... I read a wonderful critique not long about how in Dead Things Spike said to Buffy, "Don't you think I've tried NOT to love you?" And how this seemed to be the "undoing" of her in that scene. That's more or less when she lit into him and tranferred all the hatred for herself onto him. Because if this vampire who had declared his love countless times to her is now telling her that he has tried NOT to love her then she really must be beyond hope.

But he does allow himself to feel the full range of his emotions. And because you know this about the character you know the intensity of his feelings when he shows them.

Great Stuff!!
                                  -TP<3

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Shadow Puppets is finally seeing the light of day -

Just a reminder...SHADOW PUPPETS, starring James Marsters, Tony Todd and Jolene Blalock opens Friday June 22 for an exclusive one week run at the Fine Arts Theater in Beverly Hills!

You can get your advance tickets at the Shadow Puppets myspace site... www.myspace.com/shadowpuppetsmovie or directly from the theater site www.studioscreenings.com

Showtimes for Friday, Saturday and Sunday are 2pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm...while Monday-Thursday currently has matinee shows available at 2pm and 4pm. Writer-director Michael Winnick will be doing a Q&A after the Friday 7pm show.

Fine Arts Theater
                                    8556 Wilshire Blvd.
                                    Beverly Hills, CA 90211
                                    www.studioscreenings.com

Shadow Puppets... You can't hide from your own shadow.
                                    www.myspace.com/shadowpuppetsmovie
                                    I hope I'll be able to get my hands on the DVD of this movie soon since that's the only way I'm gonna be able to watch it. Anyone here planning on going to this?
                                    Banner and avatar by Nina

Comment

I loved every aspect of Spike, from Badboy!Spike to Chipsahoy!Spike to Soulful!Spike...every charcter development just took me deeper into the love for Spike's character.

My favorite Spike centric episode would have to be Crush. My heart just bleeds for him in this episode. He's at a crossroads. He cannot be a vampire, but he can't be a man, either, and I think this is the first time that we really see this from Spikes POV. He's fallen in love with Buffy, but he doesn't want to be, he tells her how he feels, and her rebuff he can't handle because he doesn't know how. So he does the only thing he can in his limited vampire mind...he ties her up until she likes him...LOL. What? it seemed to always work with Dru...and it's what he knew. The sad, puppy dog look on his face at the end of the episode when he realized that Buffy un-invited him from her home broke my heart. The first time watching this episode was what caused me to become a major Spuffy shipper...I just wanted that puppy dog look to go away.
                                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ameer View Post
                                        Shadow Puppets is finally seeing the light of day -

I hope I'll be able to get my hands on the DVD of this movie soon since that's the only way I'm gonna be able to watch it. Anyone here planning on going to this?
                                        MORE GOOD NEWS Ameer!!

No - I would love to go, but NY is too far for me. But as soon as it is available on DVD I will get my hot little hands on it!!

OH - BTW James is going to guest star in TORCHWOOD not DR WHO! I thought it was WHO! But a friend sent me
                                        a link and it's for Torchwood - again I won't be able to see it unless I - uh- use other means.

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
                                        I loved every aspect of Spike, from Badboy!Spike to Chipsahoy!Spike to Soulful!Spike...every charcter development just took me deeper into the love for Spike's character.

My favorite Spike centric episode would have to be Crush. My heart just bleeds for him in this episode. He's at a crossroads. He cannot be a vampire, but he can't be a man, either, and I think this is the first time that we really see this from Spikes POV. He's fallen in love with Buffy, but he doesn't want to be, he tells her how he feels, and her rebuff he can't handle because he doesn't know how. So he does the only thing he can in his limited vampire mind...he ties her up until she likes him...LOL. What? it seemed to always work with Dru...and it's what he knew. The sad, puppy dog look on his face at the end of the episode when he realized that Buffy un-invited him from her home broke my heart. The first time watching this episode was what caused me to become a major Spuffy shipper...I just wanted that puppy dog look to go away.
                                        Welcome LRae!! Glad to have another Spike Lover to obscess with!!! Great Post!

I feel the same way about Crush. It is a turning point in Spike's "LOVE-life". This woman he has always thought of as his destiny - the sire of his vampire life - represents everything he has known since his turning. It was a big decision in Spike's life. He made a conscious decision to turn away from that part of his un-life because he loved Buffy. (i'm not saying he wasn't still a vampire!!) Even after she rejected his declaration of love. It was a difficult time for him. He could not be a "proper" vampire - he had to depend on Drusilla to kill for him - yet he still wasn't all that Buffy wanted from him. It was a sad episode to see him so lost at that point but it also showed at what heighths, depths, and lengths he would go to show Buffy how much he loved her - in his way.

He is such a great Vampire!!

I have to make this announcement over here on Buffy Forum too!!!

James Marsters will be at DragonCon in Atlanta Georgia USA Labor Day Weekend!!! August 31-Sept 2, 2007 There will be an Autograph session and a Q&A Session!!

AND
                                        James will be appearing LIVE IN CONCERT!!!! YEEEEEEAAAAA!!!!! Saturday night he will be perfoming at the Center Stage Atlanta!!! OMG!!! I can't wait!!!

Here are the links!!!

http://www.dragoncon.org/
                                        http://www.jamesmarsters.com/home.html

GUESS WHO WILL BE APPEARING WITH JAMES IN ATLANTA?!?!? JULIET LANDAU!!!!
                                        We're gonna get Spike and Dru in Atlanta!!!! WOOHOO!!!

I can get them to sign my Spike and Dru comic!!!

Who's going with me?!?!?
                                        Last edited by ThePoet's<3; 25-07-07, 06:16 AM.
                                        -TP<3

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Working...
                                        X