Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Hi i was thinking to poat these questions on Buffyworld but you kow what's going on there so here we go.........

1-Who sired Darla i mean she sired Angel,he sired Dru then Dru sired Spike but i dont know who sired Darla?

2-Did Angel & Cordy had sex with each other?

3-Does Buffy & Spike had their own "LOVE" theme?

4-Do you think that Spike turned to this maniac & Brutal killer bcuz his mother made fun of him & how he's so weak after he sired her?
    You Are The Only One
    Who Ever Touched My Heart
    It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Originally posted by Salvation View Post
    1-Who sired Darla i mean she sired Angel,he sired Dru then Dru sired Spike but i dont know who sired Darla?
    -> Darla was sired 1609 by the Master. She was dying of syphilis and he gave her eternal life instead. You can see the story of Darla's life in the episode 'Darla' on AtS.

2-Did Angel & Cordy had sex with each other?
    -> Angel and Cordy never had sex with each other, although they came close to it in 'Waiting in the Wings' when they were under the influence of the spirits of 2 lovers. Also Angel dreams of having sex with her in his fantasy in 'Awakening'.

I direct the rest of the questions to the Spuffy/Spike fans

Comment

3-Does Buffy & Spike had their own "LOVE" theme?
      No Buffy and Spike never had an official 'LOVE' theme like Bangel had but many fans have songs that remind them of Spuffy.

4-Do you think that Spike turned to this maniac & Brutal killer bcuz his mother made fun of him & how he's so weak after he sired her?
      I think Spike turned to his maniac and brutal killer because he was turned into a demon which took over his body. I think turning his mother was a last act of humanity for Spike and that staking her wouldn't have affected him as he had no soul and therefore no conscience. And siring vampires doesn't make them weak.

Comment

There is a Buffy/Spike musical motif in the score, just as there was for both Buffy/Angel and Buffy/Riley. If you have the "Radio Sunnydale" CD with the score from "Chosen", or just the episode itself, the motif is the prominent melody while Buffy stands with Spike during the battle, when she takes his hand.

Angel and Cordy didn't sleep together, but I'm thinking Angel hit a stand-up triple in "Waiting with the Wings", because he definitely disappeared out of frame for a *while*.
        sigpic
        Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          I think Spike turned to his maniac and brutal killer because he was turned into a demon which took over his body. I think turning his mother was a last act of humanity for Spike and that staking her wouldn't have affected him as he had no soul and therefore no conscience. And siring vampires doesn't make them weak.
          I completely agree, god the writers messed up the mythology in that episode and I think it was fairly evident it was just lazy writing and not intentional.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
            I completely agree, god the writers messed up the mythology in that episode and I think it was fairly evident it was just lazy writing and not intentional.
            I completely disagree. The information originally given on vampires being completely different from their human selves isn't necessarily correct. It was people talking about soulless Angel, or Buffy talking about/to friends she had to kill. Just because Angel became a monster without a soul, doesn't mean they all do. In Fool For Love, we see that even without a soul, Spike is still a sap. It was illustrating, again, that Spike didn't change much when he became a vampire. He still loved his mother, he was a hopeless romantic with Dru, and his badass personality was something he decided upon, not something that came with being a vampire. He purposely picked up a different accent, and Angel commented on it. He didn't have qualms about killing people, sure, but they were FOOD and he needed them to live. I think it could be argued that Spike's entire life and unlife have been spent, almost entirely, trying to impress girls. But he wasn't a monster. He didn't eat the puppy Dru brought him. Dru even says in Crush that vampires CAN love. Angel was the exception. Angel was a worthless human before being turned, and a total monster after.

Two more examples are in Doppleganger, when someone says that the vampire Willow is nothing like Willow, someone else starts to correct them (I think Angel) saying that actually that isn't true, implying that their personality and experiences as a human can dictate who they are as a vampire.

The other one is in Conversations With Dead People, when Buffy has a good chat with a vampire she'd gone to school with.

I don't think in any way it was a last act of humanity, turning his mother and all. The Judge said Dru and Spike reek of humanity. Spike also loved Dru for decades, and later loved Buffy enough to get his soul back to be worthy of her. Killing his mother obviously continued to pain him, because he loved her, too. Of course, in a different way than Buffy and Dru.

Edit:
            Ha, I forgot to include why I think the trigger worked.

Spike says it himself. It was a horrible memory. He wanted to repress it by all means. Often when people (or in this case a vampire) are sad they act angry as a coping mechanism. He was lashing out to not deal with the pain. He thought that what his mom had said as a vampire was the truth, and wanted so badly to repress it. Plus he had been brainwashed to attack mindlessly. When he figures out that his vampire mom had been lying to hurt him, the trigger was no longer active because he came to terms with what happened, and realized his mother really had loved him.

Or if you're not asking about the trigger itself, but more of just killing slayers and people and all that, I think firstly, they're food. Guy's gotta eat. And secondly, it was to impress Dru. She only took notice of him after he killed his first slayer. And he really loved her, even when she treated him badly. So he killed to impress her, and to make her love him. He even comes to the conclusion that he has to torture Dru to get her to like him again in Lover's Walk. And lastly... it became habit.

I think the lack of soul may mean that Spike wouldn't feel guilty for killing, but it in no way made him a monster like Angel was. I mean, you may have no qualms about eating a burger, but that doesn't mean you're going to torture the cow, first.

I could go on about this forEVER, which would include social norms, references to other shows, and drawing parallels between vampires eating humans seeming bad to humans and humans eating animals seeming bad to vegetarians, but I won't.
            Fpqno
            Hellmouth Tourist
            Last edited by Fpqno; 17-06-07, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Well, I've always believed that Spike 'acted' out at society. He was quite insecure and wanted to distance himself from an ineffectual persona. I think a lot of Spike's behaviour was deliberate, we was acting out against the rules imposed on him by society and Angelus.

I don't believe metaphysically Spike retained anymore humanity than the average vampire, he is the way he is because of his particular psychological issues and the combination of demon and retained human characteristics mad him who he was.

Comment

Working...
              X