Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Btvs Character that could relate your personality.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Btvs Character that could relate your personality.

Firstly Hi!

We talked about our favourite characters before but this is different. Think of the Btvs characters and find one or more of them that relates you most. Like "Wow! this character is just like me". The character(s) that you find could be the character(s) that you hate or love, It doesn't really matter. (you can tell more than one)

Here I start.

Willow, because of her shyness and hard-working style and also ready to help everyone, tries to do her best and the sense of homour.
    Buffy
    17.78%
    Willow
    13.33%
    Giles
    5.56%
    Xander
    14.44%
    Anya
    4.44%
    Tara
    4.44%
    Angel
    7.78%
    Spike
    5.56%
    Drusilla
    2.22%
    Darla
    3.33%
    Cordeila
    2.22%
    Oz
    2.22%
    Dawn
    6.67%
    Tara
    4.44%
    Riley
    1.11%
    Other-who?
    4.44%
    sigpic
    -Set by DeadLoversDawn from Evthreads-

I had to pick two characters that I find most relatable.

Funnily enough I relate to Buffy a lot even if she is a girl and I am a guy. I have a nice circle of friends but often do feel alone and isolted from them, I can connect with Buffy on this level immensly. I also connect with the feeling she has that she can't do right or wrong. When she does something right she can be treat like the bad guy, she does something wrong and she is treat like the bad guy.

I can also relate to Xander on many levels. We share the same kind of humour and I can be a little hesitant to be welcoming to new members of the group, especially the boyfriends and girlfriends of my best friends.. I'm working on it Oh and one time I had a big crush on a girl but she saw me as a friend... we can relate on that level as well.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I voted for other, that person being Faith ofcourse Part of the reason she is my favourite is because i feel like i can relate to her on some level. It's a bit hard to explain, but I'll try
      Faith killing that guy is kind of like a metaphor for me, like the beginning of things started to get really bad and dark. Then after that I couldnt really get out of that place, and craved more. Then more bad stuff happened, and it was just a never ending cycle. Until realisation kicked in, which in Faith's case led to her road of redemption, and in a way I'm redeeming myself. I obviously didnt kill anyone :P , hence why her character is kind of metaphorical to me. Im not sure if that made much sense, but i tried

Also i've been told i resemble Willow alot with her weird sense of humour and sarcasm, which I guess i agree with :P

Comment

Well, I think I'm a mix between Xander, Anya and Andrew, so "Xandrya" I guess, Xander because we have pretty much the same jokes and personnality, except I wouldn't left Anya during the wedding, Anya for my harsh side, like her I pretty much say the truth even when it can hurts but just for pleasure , so generally for people I dislike, and I also like jokes about death and all....And Andrew because sometimes, when I'm in a good mood generally, I have a crazy side, and becase I like TVshows and Video games, I guess I have a nerd part in me...
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm I'm a mix of Buffy and Xander. I'm more like Buffy in S5 than any other season. It's especially when she's around Dawn that I feel we're similar. I also like to cut myself from others, which sucks on my part and I hate it. I'm like Xander by hiding behind jokes and sarcasm. I don't like to show my real feelings because I feel stupid when I do. So instead I joke and laugh. I'm also short tempered, something Xander has.
          Made by Trickyboxes
          Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
            Hmmm I'm a mix of Buffy and Xander. I'm more like Buffy in S5 than any other season. It's especially when she's around Dawn that I feel we're similar. I also like to cut myself from others, which sucks on my part and I hate it. I'm like Xander by hiding behind jokes and sarcasm. I don't like to show my real feelings because I feel stupid when I do. So instead I joke and laugh. I'm also short tempered, something Xander has.

Oh My God! just like me.. Well, I said Willow but the things that you say just a little explanation of my personality wow!!!!! Me too, I don't like to show my feelings because I feel way worse then I thought. Somemany people think; after expressing your opnions they feel perfect because I got rid of the stress of feeling but when I say I feel worse and regretful.
            sigpic

Comment

I'll say Spike for being a love bitch. Dear lord I'm just as bad and i believe one should set themselves on fire, get a soul if they love someone and plus, Like Spike i have absolutely no idea how much is too much or how to go about the feelings and deal with them. I just feel and hurt...and the lot.

Then there is both Darla and Faith all the way which speaks for itself.

Learning and constantly getting runned down by life. Living, loving the dark and knows no different. Wants to cry but can't quite and when she does, its not pretty. Trust only oneself and not too good with the love relationship thing but still wants it very badly and secretly. Sexual, good with females...not so much with men. Adventurous, free spirited and sexual.

It's the two girls put together and mixed with the whole of Spike.

Lets just say. I'm not one of those happy people. Just Broken but trying.
              Last edited by sometimeslola; 22-08-07, 04:33 AM.
              ~:: I'm a romantic.I believe in romance.I like being in love.I think there's power there ::~

Comment

hmmmm....I had to go with a mix between Tara and Buffy. Other than the gay thing, I identify alot with Tara. She was sort of the 'mom' of the group. Taking care of everyone, especially in S6, but a lot of times fading into the background and letting others take the spotlight. Buy she was the one character who thought about how others were feeling and tried to help in a subtle way - especially Dawn in the beginning of season 5, worried that she didn't feel included. I tend to worry about the feelings of others and try to do what I can to make them feel okay about themselves. But I also have similarities with Buffy in the personality department. Obviously I'm not a super hero, but I tend to have a lot of the same reactions to situations as she did, and we have a very similar mannerism and sense of humor.
                sigpic

Comment

I find my self realitive to Dawn. I'm the smallest one in the family two. People tend to ignore or bash my needs and thoughts... I very much feel like her in season 5 and 6... She feels all left alone.

Comment

Um... let's start with Buffy, since we have both in common, starting with family issues and ending up with "what's my line?" part. And I was blond. For a while.

Next comes up suprisingly Xander. I'm a funny and kind person with my own grudges even against the poeple I'm in friends with forever. It sucks a big time.

And the last ones is Angel for sure. I love to brood. To brood I love. Brooding is my ultimate sanctuary. I brood when I walk, when I sit in class, hell, even when I... Nevermind.
                    Plus, I shy away from people and open up only to those who I trust))
                    Last edited by Peace; 30-08-07, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Hmm well Tara and Dawn seems to relate to my personality, I know how Dawn feels to feel like everyone leaves and never comes back, and I am kinda shy especially around the opposite sex, and I try to be nice to people. I think it in a way Xander also relates to me as well

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                      Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

I'd say Willow... I have a tendency to be self absorbed. It's easier to spot flaws than features, I have to say. I have red hair at the moment, too . I think the not being sure of herself thing is something I can relate to, the feeling shadowed by one's best friend was something I felt a lot growing up... oh, the volumes that could be written about the female best friend dynamic and the power play that it entails...

Comment

Someone told me I reminded them of Season 7 Willow. Can't remember exactly in what way though. Personally I feel like a combination of season 4 Spike (bit of a spazz, bit lippy, bit of a cuckoo) and...well, probably have to delve into AtS for the other part...Lorne (not the clothes...but, have an inner torch singer).

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

I would have to say the one I can relate the most to is Willow, as I am a grades-obsessed, knowledgeable, book-loving, "cares about school and classes and getting into college, likes my teachers" kind of person, and can be shy around people I don't know sometimes.

One thing I never liked about Buffy was how dumb she could be when it came to school, and how little she cared about it--I mean, it could be funny, but also a bit irritating sometimes. I know she had her Slayer duties, but it seemed like she was especially "blond" (in the steroetypical sense of the word) when it came to her schoolwork, which I just can't identify with. Not to mention the fact that I adore history, and thus really can't understand Buffy in that regard!

But yeah, I can't really identify myself with any of the other characters so much, Willow is the one that really comes to mind, because of our similar bookishness/attitudes about school. I also have found myself tutoring/helping friends in certain subjects before, even sciences when I understand something they don't b/c I pay attentions so much (even though in general I hate science), as Willow often does for Buffy and Xander. And I have a few really close friends, like Willow, rather than a big group of not-as-close friends. Plus, I do find Wicca interesting, though I don't practice it and would never go that far, lol.

Though I can identify with Dawn's love for Harry Potter!
                            Last edited by sherrilina; 30-08-07, 02:58 PM.
                            Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Dawn - for being a teenage rebel who's kind of square. And having many nosy friends and relations.

Spike - for my love of swishy leather coats and rather batty blondes.

Tara - shyness, social ineptness and always being the gay one.

Cordelia - expensive taste and falling into things because it seems like a good idea at the time.

Giles - so many books. So little time.
                              "When people call people nerds, mostly what they are saying is, 'You like stuff', which is just not a good insult at all, like 'You are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness'."
                              -John Green

Comment

angel - angel was one of the characters i related to the most (i have some depression issues)... probably part of why i like him so much. also, we both have photographic memories, like to draw portraits, are severely introverted to the point of being social idiots, would rather sit in the dark brooding/reading than going to a party, are name-dropping know-it-alls in history, speak several languages, like ballads, are somewhat existentialists--always thinking in the big picture about humanity and our relation to it, our friends are constantly trying to pull us out of our self-imposed funks (yet, despite having some people around us trying to bring us out, we consider ourselves entirely alone), very analytical, etc... strong literary and historical knowledge.

imo, he's easily who i relate to the most.

i also relate quite a bit to:

willow - i used to be that season 1 "my mom picked it out" willow--complete with the barbies. also, willow's computer skills and early-on social awkwardness. also, an addictive personality.

fred - especially her speech where she talks about angel not being able to save her this time; she's the one that has to come out of her room/into the world. plus being stuck for a long time in a place that you feel trapped in and going a bit mad (my 10 months in tough love rehab with the mental/physical abuse). also, the ability to ramble off facts really fast. i also once worked in a library.

wesley - the depressed introverted nerd who rather lacks in compassion and who other people can't always understand why he makes the decisions he does, but he believes in the hard decisions that he does to be right. he's also a textbook with legs, and can rattle off in quick succession all sorts of minutia that completely bores people with how much it sounds like the memorization of a textbook. strong usage of obscure references that occasionally leave people with blank expressions.

jonathan - i used to be a tattle-tale goody-two-shoe. i also used to get picked on in school, come home crying, etc...

warren - i'm a stickler for nerd fandom facts and i bluntly correct stuff sometimes. i'm opinionated and often overly serious. definite obsession with popular culturisms. i would probably enter a nerd war similarly to warren's approach. i'd take it seriously, but andrew's dorkiness would be a bit too far.

anya - hopelessly uncompassionate and blunt (darla also has this quality--but with more sarcasm rather than unknowingness), but has a good heart. doesn't have a problem with talking about gross, inappropriate or bizarre things in public, and doesn't always take social cues the right way. doesn't always relate well to other people. i'm also pretty literal.
                                Last edited by NileQT87; 06-09-07, 10:10 PM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                                "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

I'd relate myself to the following characters for the following reasons, in this order.
                                  Giles - Tries to be level headed, but occasionally lets out The Ripper ... Plus kudos on being the book guy! If only I could speak Sumerian ...
                                  Tara - Non-judgemental and comforting, and so is someone other people confide in. Relaxed amongst friends, but very awkward amongst strangers.
                                  Andrew - Hero worship of others, constant referencing to things that you wish were cool but aren't.
                                  Spike - For seeing things as they are, especially people, but perhaps not the most objective of judges himself.

Comment

I think i'm a mixture of people verying from season to season

Cordilia: season 2/3 (and alot in in Ats) because people miss judge her for bieng stupid and uncaring of other peoples feelings...and even in a crisses she'll come up with the most unimpotant/uncaring thing to say....i think thats because when she caes for someone she knows that it could all be over in a second and then she'll have to pratend like she dosn't care because she finds it hard to show her true feelings...(i love the quote: tact is just not saying true stuff)

Anya: for stateing the obvious

Buffy: season 1/4/6 because season 1: i could have hung out with cordilia but liked willow more (same friend status) would never want to be a vampp slayer but i think i would get used to it. season 4: with the whole i don't know were i stand in this world and going to collage is a very starnge experiance (oh and with the whole i hate kathy thing) Season 6: the just need to feel (but not in that extreem extent) the detatched from friends and in tabularesa (when she loses her memory)

xander: for the sarcasum...

um heres are two really good quiz that says who you are:
                                    (i guessed i was going to be cordilia or buffy before i found out)
                                    http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=7109 (buffy and angel)http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=4215 (buffy)

Comment

Originally posted by ~Serenity~ View Post
                                      I think i'm a mixture of people verying from season to season

Cordilia: season 2/3 (and alot in in Ats) because people miss judge her for bieng stupid and uncaring of other peoples feelings...and even in a crisses she'll come up with the most unimpotant/uncaring thing to say....i think thats because when she caes for someone she knows that it could all be over in a second and then she'll have to pratend like she dosn't care because she finds it hard to show her true feelings...(i love the quote: tact is just not saying true stuff)

Anya: for stateing the obvious

Buffy: season 1/4/6 because season 1: i could have hung out with cordilia but liked willow more (same friend status) would never want to be a vampp slayer but i think i would get used to it. season 4: with the whole i don't know were i stand in this world and going to collage is a very starnge experiance (oh and with the whole i hate kathy thing) Season 6: the just need to feel (but not in that extreem extent) the detatched from friends and in tabularesa (when she loses her memory)

xander: for the sarcasum...

um heres are two really good quiz that says who you are:
                                      (i guessed i was going to be cordilia or buffy before i found out)
                                      http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=7109 (buffy and angel)http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=4215 (buffy)
                                      Thanks for the links, I've done the first one(buffy and angel) and here is my score

Giles 73%
                                      Xander 73%
                                      Willow 70%
                                      Cordelia 65%
                                      Oz 63%
                                      Angel 63%
                                      Buffy 60%
                                      Lorne 58%
                                      Anya 55%
                                      Harmony 55%
                                      Doyle 48%
                                      Spike 43%
                                      Wesley 40%
                                      Faith 38%
                                      sigpic

Comment

Whenever I take that quiz, I always get Giles for #1 and Harmony for #2. Those two characters are very different of course, but I identify with both of them.
                                        "When you have an obsession you pretty much fit it into your schedule no matter what." --Cordelia

Comment

Working...
                                        X