Darla. Good. No WAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darla. Good. No WAY!

I've been wondering what and how Darla came back for Connor in a sort of very light being-PTB like. Since all the way trough the show, except the end-she was portrayed as bad in one way or the other. Hell, people (ANGEL) seems to condemn her for not regretting ever being a vampire and instead loving it-all the way.

So it makes one wonder. Cause in the Show, being a hero, good or whatever, means you need to be all wholesome (Buffy and most of her lot. Cordy) or like Angel. But to me Darla was something of realist despite her issues. She saw it all for what it was and pretty much took it in. She never was a hero. NEVER even wanted to be one or be good like Spike.

That makes me just think that the line between bad and good is oddly vague. Or at least it seems so. She was labeled EVIL. And in the end she turned out to be A god sent. In the light of this, Maybe the PTB and anyone else above. Have a different view of what evil or not. AND to them DARLA was not, even thought she never regretted ever being who she was.

Giving your life for your son is a AWSOME thing to do. But then Buffy, ANGLE and Spike seem to be doing all kinds of good things and never catch a break.

Ultimately I think. Darla had the right idea...and had made her trip...and took it all in. Where as everyone else want to dream on and crave the paradise that never will be. They re not taking their own, self journey...they more like trying to do the impossible. Don't get me wrong, fight the good fight is all good. Its just...they where doing SOMETHING wrong and i think it was the closing their eyes when they feel something is not so pretty and shinnyly good. Like the fact that Angel still is vampire and needs to indulge in vampy activities. That Angelus is somehow, someway...since he still has Angelu's face...IS A BIG PART OF ANGLE.

Cause you know. A witch who cannot Hex, cannot Heal. Maybe...being complete good is not the way to it. Its being yourself or something other than...wanting one over the other. THE WORLD IS MADE OUT OF BOUTH.

I don't think i made any sence here and excuse me if the spellings suck. But i was wondering what is your thoughts on the whole...Cornor seeing Darla thing.
    Last edited by sometimeslola; 04-07-07, 08:13 PM.
    ~:: I'm a romantic.I believe in romance.I like being in love.I think there's power there ::~

Originally posted by sometimeslola View Post
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I've been wondering what and how Darla came back for Connor in a sort of very light being-PTB like. Since all the way trough the show, except the end-she was portrayed as bad in one way or the other. Hell, people (ANGEL) seems to condemn her for not regretting ever being a vampire and instead loving it-all the way.
    I don't think Angel condemned her, he simply warned her that she'd feel the weight of her soul if she had been a murderous vampire for 400 years and he was right, she did.

So it makes one wonder. Cause in the Show, being a hero, good or whatever, means you need to be all wholesome (Buffy and most of her lot. Cordy) or like Angel. But to me Darla was something of realist despite her issues. She saw it all for what it was and pretty much took it in. She never was a hero. NEVER even wanted to be one or be good like Spike.
    Yeah, I always saw someone like Angel as something of the idealist and Darla as the realist or sometimes pessimist.

Darla: "Look at it. Listen to it. Can you smell it? This world. This horrible world. Why would anyone want to bring a baby into it?"

Angel: "To make it better, maybe?"

Darla: "Or to destroy it finally."
    That makes me just think that the line between bad and good is oddly vague. Or at least it seems so. She was labeled EVIL. And in the end she turned out to be A god sent. In the light of this, Maybe the PTB and anyone else above. Have a different view of what evil or not. AND to them DARLA was not, even thought she never regretted ever being who she was.
    Well this is difficult one. The Darla we see in Lullaby is a simpler case as we have a vampire with a soul, it's just not hers. She finally looks upon her actions with disdain much as Angelus now looks at his past actions with disdain (I called him that for effect). So maybe the Darla we see in Inside Out is still that Darla and the powers arranged it so that she can still be influenced by her soul if of course it is the real Darla.

Giving your life for your son is a AWSOME thing to do. But then Buffy, ANGLE and Spike seem to be doing all kinds of good things and never catch a break.
    Not sure what you mean "catch a break" in regards to our other heroes and Darla.

Ultimately I think. Darla had the right idea...and had made her trip...and took it all in. Where as everyone else want to dream on and crave the paradise that never will be.They re not taking their own, self journey...they more like trying to do the impossible. Don't get me wrong, fight the good fight is all good. Its just...they where doing SOMETHING wrong and i think it was the closing their eyes when they feel something is not so pretty and shinnyly good. Like the fact that Angel still is vampire and needs to indulge in vampy activities. That Angelus is somehow, someway...since he still has Angelu's face...IS A BIG PART OF ANGLE.
    There is nothing wrong with Angel's idealism in regards to being a champion. I see that as one of his greatest strengths, however I agree that Angel's fragmented persona sometimes cripples him. This need for purity not only creates a fallacious concept of a clear soul, no soul dichotomy but also brings about dissonance in his souled persona alone, having him oscillate between the poles of idealism and nihilsm, aside from when he finds balance in positive existentialism.

Cause you know. A witch who cannot Hex, cannot Heal. Maybe...being complete good is not the way to it. Its being yourself or something other than...wanting one over the other. THE WORLD IS MADE OUT OF BOUTH.
    Well, yeah, it's about finding that balance and in one respect I agree with Holland Manners in that it's about attempting to understand the world and your place in it. In terms of value systems a lot of it will be down to you but I agree that you need to find a balance between your ideals and world you live in.

I don't think i made any sence here and excuse me if the spellings suck. But i was wondering what is your thoughts on the whole...Cornor seeing Darla thing.

No, you've made perfect sense to me, or at least I think you have lol. I think I explained above and Connor seeing Darla.

Comment

hmmm... well.. I think you have some interesting points... I mean... Darla definatly, to me anyway, has always stayed herself and indeed seen things just the way the were... even though maybe a slight bit more grim... and yeah... I don't know.. Angel is always trying to like.. I don't know... find the right balance maybe between Angelus and himself... since indeed Angelus just simply is a part of him.. no matter how much he may hate that, or try and ignore it.

Then well... there ofcourse is the fact that Darla gave her life for Conner and well, I think therefor was the perfect person to go and warn him. And yeah maybe you have a point that because she just alaways stayed herself the ptb gave her a break or at least some sort of spot or whatever...

hmm what else...? I think I kinda covered my ideas on it... soo... well.. yeah...
      hiding, scared
      why won't it let go?
      What did I do?
      Will it ever end?
      Ever get better?

Comment

Not sure what you mean "catch a break" in regards to our other heroes and Darla.
        I meant. Well Darla gave her life for her son. finally she put someone else before her and gave Angel the one thing he could never have when she could just as easily let the baby die since that's what she wanted all along.

But what I meant was, She did this one thing. ONE single thing and then she's All PTB friendy-oddly like what Cordy later became. Which also leads me to the point, Cordy worked like hell for her higher-being self, she went trough a lot and then in the end she had another place to be-work for the powers...which makes me wonder if Darla also whent on to do that too. So, I can't ignore the similarities that was between the two. It was Darla, she did say so-not in the words exact but she said she was her-So she was with the powers and unlike ANGLE, NOT in hell.

So, she moved on. No matter how evil she was. She did not go to hell and instead became a power that be-guide.

Now. Buffy, Angel and others give their lives for everyone else all the time. How come don't they move on, catch some sort of break...I dunno something!!!. I mean Cordy finally did and that was after some work. I don't know. I can't quite put this out right and it might be coming out all wrong. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Darla. Its just...think that the way the heros tend to go about it is all wrong. Maybe they otta take a look around a lot more...and she might have done something right or something they don't tend to do.

Still. Maybe. The powers brings them out of hell or heaven and sends them there as a one off. But with Cordy...it never was a one off...she...was constantly high like. So maybe its for the long run, since cordy said she had a different path. She said she had been with him all along, will be watching. So...Maybe Darla also watches. Or at least watches corner.

I'm simply wondering how the powers work and Darla- Cordy is a good example. Maybe they have expectations that's oddly out of the box.
        ~:: I'm a romantic.I believe in romance.I like being in love.I think there's power there ::~

Comment

Working...
        X